Second chances mean having that one more opportunity to get closer to your aim.
They say that second chances take you one step closer to success. Second chances help you try harder and not lose faith.
A second chance in love portrays maturity and forgiveness. The very fact that you are willing to give it one more try exhibits the dedication behind whatever work you are doing.
Best Second Chance Quotes
Here are some quotes about second chances in life.
1. "I’ve learned that making a living is not the same thing as making a life. I’ve learned that life always offers us a second chance to prove yourself."
- Maya Angelou.
2. “Sometimes life gives you a second chance, or even two! Not always, but sometimes. It's what you do with those second chances that counts.”
- Dave Wilson.
3. "Thank God you are still alive, for many have died and are dying as I speak. You still have the opportunity to change and make things right whilst those that have died wish for that second chance."
- Aleksandr Sebryakov.
4. "That’s the thing about life. You are not always given a second chance and there are no guarantees. Love is the only thing that really matters."
- Linda Becker.
5. "They say everyone needs a second chance. I am willing to give you one provided you are ready to accept it."
6. "A man deserves a second chance, but keep an eye on him."
- John Wayne.
7. "God always offers us a second chance in life."
- Paulo Coelho.
8. "If somebody is gracious enough to give me a second chance, I won’t need a third."
- Pete Rose.
9. "Second chances do come your way. Like trains, they arrive and depart regularly. Recognizing the ones that matter is the trick."
- Jill A. Davis.
10. "Having a second chance makes you want to work even harder."
- Tia Mowry.
11. "In case you never get a second chances in life: don’t be afraid! And what if you do get a second chance? You take it!"
- C. JoyBell C.
12. "We can't run out of second chances...only time."
- Robin Jones Gunn.
13. "Because this is what I believe - that second chances are stronger than secrets. You can let secrets go. But a second chance? You don't let that pass you by."
- Daisy Whitney.
Here are some giving second chances quotes and other quotes on second chances.
14. "Repentance allows God's mercy to come forth because it recognizes that the sin committed was against God."
- Monica Johnson.
15. “The heavens will not be filled with those who never made mistakes but with those who recognized that they were off course and who corrected their ways to get back in the light of gospel truth.”
- Dieter F. Uchtdorf.
16. "True repentance includes sorrow for sin and contrition of heart. It breaks the heart with sighs and sobs and groans."
- Thomas Brooks.
17. "A second chance doesn’t mean anything if you didn’t learn from your first."
-Anurag Prakash Ray.
18. "Yes, one can repent of moral transgression. The miracle of forgiveness is real, and true repentance is accepted of the Lord."
- Ezra Taft Benson.
19. “A man does not have to feel less than human to realize his sin; oppositely, he has to realize that he gets no special vindication for his sin.”
- Criss Jami.
20. "True faith begins with true repentance for whatever we have been doing that is wrong."
- Rick Joyner.
21. "Repentance is not so much remorse for what we have done as the fear of the consequences."
- Francois de La Rochefoucauld.
22. “Nothing erases the past. There is repentance, there is atonement, and there is forgiveness. That is all, but that is enough.”
- Ted Chiang.
23. "True repentance has as its constituent elements not only grief and hatred of sin, but also an apprehension of the mercy of God in Christ."
- William Mackergo Taylor.
24. "I’ve learned that you shouldn’t go through life with a catcher’s mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw some things back."
25. "Repentance is the turning of the soul from the way of midnight to the point of the coming sun."
- Henry Ward Beecher.
Here are some quotes about second chances and forgiveness.
26. "I will forever believe in second chances and forgiveness, because if it weren’t for those two things I would and should be dead."
-Dedrick D. L. Pitter.
27. "It's not an easy journey, to get to a place where you forgive people. But it is such a powerful place, because it frees you."
- Tyler Perry.
28. "To understand everything is to forgive everything."
29. “To forgive is the highest, most beautiful form of love. In return, you will receive untold peace and happiness.”
- Robert Muller
30. "Forgiveness bares contriteness of the heart and the desire to walk in the Spirit and not in the flesh so that particular sin will never be repeated."
- Monica Johnson.
31. "I believe forgiveness is the best form of love in any relationship. It takes a strong person to say they’re sorry and an even stronger person to forgive."
- Yolanda Hadid.
32. “Forgiveness is an act of the will, and the will can function regardless of the temperature of the heart.”
- Corrie Ten Boom.
33. "Forgiveness is man’s deepest need and highest achievement."
- Horace Bushnell.
34. "The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong."
- Mahatma Gandhi.
35. "Forgiveness hates the sin, and not simply the penalty; and it hates the sin most of all because it has discovered God's love."
- William Mackergo Taylor.
36. “Forgiveness is a sign that the person who has wronged you means more to you than the wrong they have dealt.”
- Ben Greenhalgh.
37. "Forgiveness is not always easy. At times, it feels more painful than the wound we suffered, to forgive the one that inflicted it. And yet, there is no peace without forgiveness."
- Marianne Williamson.
38. "Take forgiveness slowly. Don't blame yourself for being slow. Peace will come."
- Yoko Ono.
39. “Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.”
- Oscar Wilde.
40. "When we have heartily repented of a wrong, we should let all the waves of forgiveness roll over it, and go forward unburdened to meet the future."
- Henry Ward Beecher.
41. “Forgiveness is not an occasional act, it is a constant attitude.”
- Martin Luther King Jr.
42. “Be the one who nurtures and builds. Be the one who has an understanding and a forgiving heart one who looks for the best in people. Leave people better than you found them.”
- Marvin J. Ashton.
43. "Forgiveness is not weak. It takes courage to face and overcome powerful emotions."
- Desmond Tutu.
44. "Your ego is not ready to forgive but your soul is."
- Maxime Lagace.
Life After Near Death Quotes
Here are some quotes on second chances. These are encouraging you to live life when you get a second chance quotes.
45. "As I walked out the door toward the gate that would lead to my freedom, I knew if I didn’t leave my bitterness and hatred behind, I’d still be in prison."
- Nelson Mandela.
46. “Since my first near-death experience, my sensitivity has become sharper, deeper and brighter!”
- Petra Hermans.
47. "We tend to take a great deal for granted, because you feel like you're going to live forever."
- Brandon Lee
48. "One of the near-death experience truths is that each person integrates their near-death experience into their own pre-existing belief system."
- Jodi Long
49. "Sometimes a little near death experience helps them put things into perspective."
- Anne Shropshire.
50. “Whoever has experienced near-death, knows how gracious, it is to be alive.”
- Lailah Gifty Akita.
51. "I've always been about setting goals. Then when I had a near death experience at nineteen, it made it even more important to strive to achieve certain things."
- Phil Keoghan.
52. "You would know the secret of death. But how shall you find it unless you seek it in the heart of life."
- Kahlil Gibran.
53. “It is often said that before you die your life passes before your eyes. It is in fact true. It's called living.”
- Terry Pratchett.
54. "It is worth dying to find out what life is."
- T.S. Eliot.
One More Chance Quotes
Check out these quotes on receiving more than one chance. When you have another chance, take it!
55. "If you ever get a second chance in life for something, you’ve got to go all the way."
- Lance Armstrong.
56. "Never be afraid to start over, it's a new chance to rebuild what you want. You're fortunate if you're given a second chance."
- Malika Nura.
57. “This was it. The moment that changed your world. The moment that didn’t just show you heaven but walked you right inside it.”
- Abbi Glines.
58. "Take a chance because life is nothing but a chance. Make the decision to trust yourself first and you will surely find someone trustworthy."
- Kemmy Nola.
59. "I hate New Year's Eve. One more chance to remember that you haven't yet done what you wanted. And to pretend it doesn't matter."
- Gregory Maguire.
60. "In the shaping of a life, chance and the ability to respond to chance are everything."
- Eric Hoffer.
61. "If you make mistakes, even serious ones, there is always another chance for you. What we call failure is not the falling down but the staying down."
- Mary Pickford.
62. "Don't be afraid to explore life. We are given one chance to enjoy all there is. Make your stay worthy of that one chance."
- Mark Hook.
63. "For me, if God blessed me with that one great hit, I'm satisfied. But I've still got a lot in me, and I'd still like to get out there and tell a lot more stories cinematically. And God willing, I'll get the chance to do that."
- Steven Seagal.
64. "Whatever problems we had back then don't exist anymore. It's why we have this one more chance, and we can't throw it away."
- Michelle Maddow.
65. "The more a man knows about himself in relation to every kind of experience, the greater his chance of suddenly, one fine morning, realizing who in fact he is."
- Aldous Huxley.
66. "Life always offers you a second chance. It 's called tomorrow."
- Dylan Thomas.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for second chances quotes then why not take a look at keep going quotes, or keep trying quotes.
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.