Secret Santa is a westernized concept where a group of known individuals are randomly assorted and they give a gift to a particular person.
Since Christmas is the festival of giving and merrymaking this unique tradition adds to its grandeur. However, the only rule of this tradition is that under no condition is the name of the person giving the gift is to be revealed.
Secret Santa messages usually contain greetings of the festival and often a hint to guess who the secret present giver is. So to get you feeling like Santa shouting out "Ho ho ho", read these secret Santa quotes to be the best secret Santa ever! For more festive content, visit [seasons greeting quotes] and gift quotes.
Cool Secret Santa Quotes
Below are the finest secret Santa quotes, merry Christmas messages, secret Santa poems, secret Santa funny quotes, cute secret Santa quotes and a quote on secret Santa gift and quotes on the best gifts to open for fun. Since a lot of these quotes are from cards, the source is unknown but we think they're great quotes and want you to have them as messages with your secret Santa gift!
1. "I am your secret Santa with your gift. Don’t look for me, I am off to the North Pole.”
2. "It’s not a house, a car, or a boat. It’s a Secret Santa gift with a silly little note."
3. "Who could be your secret Santa. Whether he is or she is? Don’t worry. Just open your gift, there is a hint you will see. Merry Christmas.”
4. "A wiffin’, sniffin’ gift, especially for you. It’s from Secret Santa, bet you can’t guess who!"
5. "I said that I wouldn’t tell and I did a great job keeping it hush, hush. Now, it’s time to let the secret out it’s me! Merry Christmas from the person formerly known as secret Santa."
6. "Santa has visited early this year to bring some Christmas cheer. Go check under the tree, I guarantee you will smile with glee."
7. "The weather outside is quite disturbing, but this gift will always make you happy. Happy Christmas.”
8. "There’s always someone willing to divulge a secret. This time, it’s me! Merry Christmas from your Secret Buddy."
9. "I would love being your Secret Santa. And luckily I got your name. And thankfully I knew what you wanted. And hopefully, you will like it. Merry Christmas.”
10. "Your priceless smile is all I want to see, and hence, I leave your gift under the Christmas tree.”
11. "I decided that I wouldn’t sign your Christmas card. I thought it would be more fun to keep you wondering who could be your secret pal from afar! Happy Holidays!"
12. "Deck the halls with boughs of holly, your Secret Santa sure is jolly. I giddily leave a gift for you, I hope it makes you jolly too."
13. "Christmas brings a lot of presence & gifts. Let this one be one of them. Merry Christmas!”
14. "Jingle Jingle little bell, I can ring your bell. To keep some secret gift for you. And I hope this remains secret forever! C’mon be happy and smiling, it is Secret Santa."
15. "May you have the merriest Christmas ever and lots of gifts, too. This holiday wish is coming from your Secret Santa that’s known as 'You-Don’t-Know-Who'!"
16. "Your Santa’s true name is one you don’t know,
But open the gift, and the clues they will show,
Exactly who got you, and then you shall know!
So what are you waiting for? Open it, go!"
17. "It’s raining, but your face will always be shining. I have brought you a gift, it’s lying on your table. I hope you like it. Happy Christmas.”
18. "It may be a little harder to figure out who’s your Secret Santa. But, since you asked Here I am! Merry Christmas."
19. "I know you’re wondering who sent this. But Nope. Can’t tell. Won’t tell. Just smile and say, 'Thank You' for such a beautiful Christmas greeting. Nope, still not telling. Merry Christmas."
20. "Christmas has come and it’s definitely a time to have some fun. I have a gift for you but I will keep and run, since Secret Santa week has begun."
21. "It is the time of Jingle Bells and I am here again to bring you your favorite gift. Have fun finding out who I am.”
*Do you know where this quote originated? Please email us to let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
Santa Claus Quotes
Here are the best quotes on Santa Claus to make secret Santa more special.
22. "Whenever you give someone a present or sing a holiday song, you're helping Santa Claus. To me, that's what Christmas is all about. Helping Santa Claus!"
- Louis Sachar.
23. "Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus. He exists as certainly as love and generosity and devotion exist, and you know that they abound and give to your life its highest beauty and joy."
- Francis Pharcellus Church.
24. "Of course there is a Santa Claus. It’s just that no single somebody could do all he has to do. So the Lord has spread the task among us all. That’s why everybody is Santa Claus. I am. You are.”
- Truman Capote.
25. "They err who think Santa Claus enters through the chimney. He enters through the heart."
- Charles W. Howard.
26. "Alas! How dreary would be the world if there was no Santa Claus!"
- Francis P. Church.
27. "God put Santa Claus on earth to remind us that Christmas is 'sposed to be a happy time."
- Bil Keane.
28. "I'm the only one who still believes in Santa Claus!"
- Edith Piaf.
29. "Personally, of course, I believe in Santa Claus; but it is the season of forgiveness, and I will forgive others for not doing so."
- G. K. Chesterton.
30. "Because I am still a little girl who believes in Santa and the tooth fairy and you."
- Laurie Halse Anderson.
31. “Believe in love. Believe in magic. Hell, believe in Santa Claus. Believe in others. Believe in yourself. Believe in your dreams.”
- Bon Jovi.
32. "I still believe in Santa, the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy and true love. Don't even try to tell me different."
- Dolly Parton.
33. "Santa Claus has the right idea - visit people only once a year."
- Victor Borge.
34. "Not everyone who sells Christmas trees believes in Santa Claus."
- Matt Barr.
35. "Santa knows Physics: Of all colors, Red Light penetrates fog best. That’s why Benny the Blue-nosed reindeer never got the gig."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson.
36. "'In all this world there is nothing so beautiful as a happy child,' says good old Santa Claus; and if he had his way the children would all be beautiful, for all would be happy."
- L. Frank Baum.
Special Quotes On Christmas
Here you will find famous quotes on the holy festival of Christmas. You will find some cool secret Santa funny quotes which you can exchange with your friends and family for a merry Christmas.
37. "I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year."
- Charles Dickens.
38. "The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other."
- Bill Vaughan.
39. "Christmas is forever, not for just one day.”
- Norman Wesley Brooks.
40. "There's nothing sadder in this world than to awake Christmas morning and not be a child."
- Erma Bombeck.
41. "Christmas gift suggestions: To your enemy, forgiveness. To an opponent, tolerance."
- Oren Arnold.
42. "What is Christmas? It is the tenderness of the past, courage for the present, and hope for the future."
- Agnes. M. Pahro.
43. "It's Christmas Eve. It's the one night of the year when we all act a little nicer, we smile a little easier, we cheer a little more."
- Frank Cross.
44. "Peace on earth will come to stay, when we live Christmas every day."
- Helen Steiner Rice.
45. "Christmas doesn’t come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps means a little bit more.”
- Dr. Suess.
46. "It is Christmas every time you let God love others through you."
- Mother Teresa.
47. "I don't think Christmas is necessarily about things. It's about being good to one another."
- Carrie Fisher.
48. "A merry Christmas to everybody! A happy New Year to all the world!"
- Charles Dickens.
That love weighs more than gold!"
- Josephine Dodge Daskam Bacon.
50. "When we recall Christmas past, we usually find that the simplest things—not the great occasions—give off the greatest glow of happiness."
- Bob Hope.
51. "Christmas is a necessity. There has to be at least one day of the year to remind us that we're here for something else besides ourselves."
- Eric Severeid.
52. "Blessed is the season which engages the whole world in a conspiracy of love."
- Hamilton Wright Mabie.
53. "Christmas, my child, is love in action. Every time we love, every time we give, it's Christmas."
- Dale Evans.
54. "Christmas is like candy; it slowly melts in your mouth sweetening every taste bud, making you wish it could last forever."
- Richelle E. Goodrich.
55. "To cherish peace and goodwill, to be plenteous in mercy, is to have the real spirit of Christmas."
- Calvin Coolidge.
56. "Unless we make Christmas an occasion to share our blessings, all the snow in Alaska won’t make it white.”
- Bing Crosby.
57. "Oh the weather outside is frightful,
But the fire is so delightful,
And since we've no place to go,
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow."
- Dean Martin.
58. "One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in the living room on Christmas Day."
- Andy Rooney.
59. "T'was the night before Christmas, when all through the house, not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse."
- Clement Clarke Moore, 'A Visit From St. Nichola.
Quotes On Giving Gifts
Christmas is the festival of giving gifts and here are the best quotes on giving gifts which you can share as secret Santa.
60. "You can never truly enjoy Christmas until you can look up into the Father's face
and tell him you have received his Christmas gift."
- John R. Rice.
61. "Happiness is not so much in having as sharing. We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give."
- Norman MacEwen.
62. "Giving gifts to others is a fundamental activity, as old as humanity itself."
- Andrew Weil.
63. "Christmas is a bridge. We need bridges as the river of time flows past. Today's Christmas should mean creating happy hours for tomorrow and reliving those of yesterday."
- Gladys Taber.
64. "You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you."
- John Bunyan.
65. "You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give."
- Khalil Gibran.
66. "The excellence of a gift lies in its appropriateness rather than in its value."
- Charles Dudley Warner.
67. "Every gift which is given, even though is be small, is in reality great, if it is given with affection"
68. "Christmas is the time for celebration, so I'm not against decorating, putting on lights, buying gifts. In fact, the whole reason we give gifts is the wise men gave gifts to Jesus at the first Christmas, and that started the gift-giving process."
- Rick Warren.
69. "The manner of giving is worth more than the gift."
- Pierre Corneille.
70. "Mankind is a great, an immense family... This is proved by what we feel in our hearts at Christmas."
- Pope John XXIII.
71. "I've found that giving gifts is transformative. It makes me better. It clarifies my thinking and allows me to do better work."
- Seth Godin.
72. "Rejoice, that the immortal God is born, so that mortal men may live in eternity."
- Jan Hus.
73. "We're deep into the holiday gift-giving season, as you can tell from the fact that everywhere you look, you see jolly old St. Nick urging you to purchase things"
- Dave Barry.
74. "Christmas is the season of joy, of holiday greetings exchanged, of gift-giving, and of families united."
- Norman Vincent Peale.
75. "The greatest gift one can give is thanksgiving. In giving gifts, we give what we can spare, but in giving thanks we give ourselves."
- David Steindl-Rast.
76. "There is no grace in a benefit that sticks to the fingers."
- Seneca The Younger.
77. "I love giving gifts and I love receiving them. I really like giving little kids extravagant gifts. You see their little faces light up and they get excited."
- Gina Gershon.
78. "The great gift of human beings is that we have the power of empathy."
- Meryl Streep.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for secret Santa quotes then why not take a look at Christmas movie quotes, or [funny holiday quotes].
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.