Loving yourself is as important as loving anyone else in the world.
Loving yourself may seem difficult sometimes and it is far too common to doubt yourself. In order to be happier in general, it is extremely important to love yourself for who you are, ignoring what other people say or think.
Self love, self esteem, self worth - no matter what you call it, loving and appreciating yourself is a vital ingredient for a happy and contented life. Failure and rejection may make you doubt your capabilities, but you should never allow anyone to judge you or put you down. You are your own judge and have every right to love yourself for who you are. These quotes about loving your life will show how one can enjoy the true essence of life by learning to truly love and respect themself.
The list of stunning, inspirational quotes about self worth will surely help you see how important self acceptance is for boosting your spirit and promoting positive thoughts. We surely need love from others but first of all, we need to be loved by ourselves. It is one of the greatest feelings. For more quotes with a feel-good factor, take a look at these you got this quotes and you matter quotes too.
Stunning Self Worth Quotes You Will Love
If you want to show yourself some self love, the inspiring quotes listed here are a great place to start. From Eleanor Roosevelt to Oscar Wilde, these really a word of wisdom from a variety of influential and successful people. These quotes might even offer a better direction of life, as well an insight into what lies within, for those who tend to doubt themselves. Check out these stunning inspirational quotes that will remind you not to limit yourself, to live the life you want, and to always take care of yourself.
1. “Asking for what you need is proof of self-worth."
- Amanda Goetz.
2.“Self–worth is so vital to your happiness if you don’t feel good about you, it’s hard to feel good about anything else.”
3. “Your self-worth has nothing to do with your craft or calling, and everything to do with how you treat yourself.”
- Kris Carr.
4.“No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.”
- Eleanor Roosevelt.
5.“We are each gifted in a unique and important way. It is our privilege and our adventure to discover our own special light.”
- Mary Dunbar.
6.“Your problem is you’re… too busy holding onto your unworthiness.”
- Ram Dass.
7.“Respect yourself and others will respect you.”
8.“You have been criticizing yourself for years, and it hasn’t worked. Try approving of yourself and see what happens.”
— Louise L. Hay.
9.“I don’t entirely approve of some of the things I have done, or am, or have been. But I’m me. God knows, I’m me.”
– Elizabeth Taylor.
10.“It’s all about falling in love with yourself and sharing that love with someone who appreciates you, rather than looking for love to compensate for a self-love deficit.”
– Eartha Kitt.
11.“Never bend your head. Always hold it high. Look the world straight in the face.”
- Helen Keller.
12.“Sleep late, have fun, get wild, drink whiskey and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind but falling in love and not getting arrested.”
- Hunter S. Thompson..
13.“Most of the shadows of this life are caused by standing in one's own sunshine.”
- Ralph Waldo Emerson.
14.“To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance.”
– Oscar Wilde.
15.“Real magic is believing in yourself. Do that and you can do anything.”
– Elle Sommer.
16.“Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy.”
– Norman Vincent Peale .
17.“A person learns how to love himself through the simple acts of loving and being loved by someone else.”
– Haruki Murakami.
18.“You want to change your life? Change the way you think.”
19.“You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe deserve your love and affection.”
20.“Confidence comes not from always being right but from not fearing to be wrong.”
– Peter T. McIntyre.
21.“A healthy self-love means we have no compulsion to justify to ourselves or others why we take vacations, why we sleep late, why we buy new shoes, why we spoil ourselves from time to time.”
- Andrew Matthews.
22.“If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.”
– Wayne Dyer.
23.“Love yourself first and everything falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.”
– Lucille Ball.
24.“Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.”
- Coco Chanel.
25.“People are like stained glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in their true beauty is revealed only if there is light from within.”
- Elisabeth Kübler-Ross.
26. “Growth begins when we start to accept our own weakness.”
- Jean Vanier
Funny Self Worth Quotes To Make You More Confident
Are you on top of your own to-do list? If not, it’s time to give yourself some self love. There is no reason to pretend to be someone else to gain acceptance from others. Make time for yourself, your wellbeing should be your priority. Enjoy reading these fun valuing yourself quotes to inspire you to be who you feel you truly are. Read these quotes to find help on how to get rid of the wrong mental attitude and develop the right mental attitude so that you have no regrets in life.
27.“Ever loved someone so much, you would do anything for them? Yeah, well make that someone yourself and do whatever the hell you want.”
— Harvey Specter.
28. “Rely upon yourself. Teach yourself. Accompany yourself. Have talks with yourself. Scold yourself. Commiserate with yourself. Work with yourself. Create art yourself.”
- Kapil Gupta.
29.“When your self-worth goes up, your net worth goes up with it.”
- Mark Victor Hansen.
30.“Sorry, I can’t hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.”
— Harvey Specter.
31.“You ain’t gotta like me. I like me.”
– Kanye West.
32.“The better you feel about yourself, the less you feel the need to show off.”
- Robert Hand.
33.“I am beginning to measure myself in strength, not pounds. Sometimes in smiles.”
― Laurie Halse Anderson.
34.“You are very powerful, provided you know how powerful you are.”
– Yogi Bhajan.
35.“It’s not your job to like me. It’s mine.”
36.“The best investment you can make is in yourself.”
– Warren Buffett.
37.“Don’t doubt yourself, that’s what haters are for.”
— Turcois Ominek.
38.“Weird is a side effect of awesome.”
39.“You’re always with yourself, so you might as well enjoy the company.”
― Diane Von Furstenberg.
40.“I think everybody's weird. We should all celebrate our individuality and not be embarrassed or ashamed of it.”
– Johnny Depp.
Beautiful Self Worth Quotes
When you have time, utilize it in loving yourself and never allow anything stop you from enjoying life to the fullest. It is so important to shower yourself with what makes you happy and do what you admire the most without comparing yourself with other people. Each individual is different and your self esteem comes from how you treat yourself. These beautiful love quotes for self and self worth quotes show just how much it matters to be you! Read on for quotes about finding yourself, building self esteem quotes and quotations about self respect, from renowned authors including Shannon L Alder, enjoy!
41. “If you have the ability to love, love yourself first.”
- Charles Bukowski.
42. “The most important sale in life is to sell yourself to yourself.”
– Maxwell Maltz.
43. “Your sense of self-worth comes from you alone, never the opinion of others.”
44. “Self-worth comes from one thing – thinking that you are worthy.”
- Wayne Dyer.
45. The more things you do, the more you can do.”
– Lucille Ball.
46. “This self-respect and sense of self-worth, the innermost armament of the soul, lies at the heart of humanness; to be deprived of it is to be dehumanized, to be cleaved from, and cast below, mankind.”
- Laura Hillenbrand.
47. “Being honest with who you are is a superpower. The more honest you are with yourself, the less anyone else can hurt you.”
- Matthew Kobach.
48. You can always find the sun within yourself if you will only search.”
– Maxwell Martz.
49. “The best day of your life is the one on which you decide your life is your own. No apologies or excuses. No one to lean on, rely on, or blame.”
- Bob Moawad.
50. “One understands one’s personal worth when one no longer identifies or defines one’s self in terms of these transient things.”
- Anthony de Mello.
51. “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.”
– Ralph Waldo Emerson.
52. “My mother told me to be a lady. And for her, that meant be your own person, be independent.”
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg.
53. “Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.”
– Eleanor Roosevelt.
54. “One of the greatest regrets in life is being what others would want you to be, rather than being yourself.”
- Shannon L. Alder.
55. “Lighten up on yourself. No one is perfect. Gently accept your humanness.”
- Deborah Day.
56. “Confidence is a habit that can be developed by acting as if you already had the confidence you desire to have.”
– Brian Tracy .
57. Self-image sets boundaries of individual accomplishment.”
– Maxwell Maltz.
58. “I care for myself. The more solitary, the more friendless, the more unsustained I am, the more I will respect myself.”
— Charlotte Brontë.
59. “Find the love you seek, by first finding the love within yourself. Learn to rest in that place within you that is your true home.”
– Sri Sri Ravi Shankar.
60. “Until you value yourself, you won't value your time. Until you value your time, you will not do anything with it.”
– Scott Peck.
61. “It took me a long time not to judge myself through someone else's eyes.”
- Sally Field.
62. “Because one believes in oneself, one doesn’t try to convince others. Because one is content with oneself, one doesn’t need others’ approval. Because one accepts oneself, the whole world accepts him or her.”
– Lao Tzu.
63. “We are what our thoughts have made us; so take care about what you think. Words are secondary. Thoughts live; they travel far."
- Swami Vivekananda.
The Most Inspiring Self Worth Quotes
Caring about family and friends is natural but how many times do you think about loving yourself? Until you value yourself, no one else will truly understand your worth. Self love is so important as it gives an insight into your inner self and teaches you to take care and be confident. If you are looking for great quotes about confidence, quotes about self love, quotes about loving yourself, quotes about self worthiness or being in love with yourself quotes, read on. This list of quotes features lots of inspirational individuals, including Shannon L Alder and Tina Fey.
64. “Go all in on yourself.”
- Jack Butcher.
65. “Don't waste your energy trying to change opinions… Do your thing, and don't care if they like it.”
- Tina Fey.
66. “Stop judging yourself by where you are and start appreciating the distance you’ve traveled from where you started.”
– Elle Sommer.
67. “Rise above the storm and you will find the sunshine.”
– Mario Fernandez
68. “There comes a time in your life when you have to choose to turn the page, write another book or simply close it.”
― Shannon L. Alder.
69. “A diamond is merely a lump of coal that did well under pressure.”
— Robert Bloch.
70. “If you make friends with yourself you will never be alone.”
– Maxwell Maltz.
71. “If you do not respect your own wishes, no one else will. You will simply attract people who disrespect you as much as you do.”
– Vironika Tugaleva.
72. “Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.”
– Thomas Jefferson .
73. “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.”
74. “Don't ask yourself what the world needs, ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.”
- Howard Washington Thurman
75. “At every given moment we are absolutely perfect for what is required for our journey.”
― Steve Maraboli.
76. “True abundance isn’t based on our net worth, it’s based on our self-worth.”
- Gabrielle Bernstein.
77. Those who realize the self are always satisfied. Having found the source of joy and fulfillment, they no longer seek happiness from the external world. Happiness can only be found within the self.
- Bhagavad Gita.
78. “Self care is never a selfish act, it is simply good stewardship of the only gift I have, the gift I was put on earth to offer to others.”
- Parker Palmer.
79. “Knowing how the environment is pulling your strings and playing you is critical to making responsive rather than reactive moves.”
– Wilhelm von Humboldt.
80. “Nobody holds a good opinion of a man who holds a low opinion of himself.”
― Anthony Trollope.
81. “Life is too short to waste any amount of time on wondering what other people think about you.”
— C. JoyBell C.
82. “It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves.”
– Sir Edmund Hillary.
83. “To establish true self-esteem we must concentrate on our successes and forget about the failures and the negatives in our lives.”
- Denis Waitley.
84. “You have to believe in yourself when no one else does – that makes you a winner right here.”
- Venus Williams.
85. “Love is the great miracle cure. Loving ourselves works miracles in our lives.”
– Louise Hay.
86. “You change the world by being yourself.”
– Yoko Ono.
87. “Successful people have fear, successful people have doubts, and successful people have worries. They just don’t let these feelings stop them.”
– T. Harv Eker.
88. “Self-pity gets you nowhere. One must have the adventurous daring to accept oneself as a bundle of possibilities and undertake the most interesting game in the world making the most of one's best.”
- Harry Emerson Fosdick.
89. “To establish true self-esteem, we must concentrate on our successes and forget about the failures and the negatives in our lives.”
— Denis Waitley.
Short Quotes About Knowing Your Worth
Every person was made differently for a reason! These short but deep self worth quotes will give your confidence the boost that it might need. Read on to find some precious quotes about self confidence and happiness, as well as some great knowing your worth quotes. These quotes may be short, but they are certainly still powerful.
90. “Make yourself a priority.”
- Maxime Lagacé.
91. “Loving yourself isn’t vanity. It’s sanity.”
– Andre Gide.
92. “To fall in love with yourself is the first secret to happiness.”
93. “As long as you can love who you are and what you do, no-one else’s opinions matter.”
– Elle Sommer.
94. “Knowing yourself makes living easier.”
95. “Nobody is superior, nobody is inferior, but nobody is equal either. People are simply unique, incomparable.”
96. “Free yourself from others’ versions of you.”
- Angela Jiang.
97. “You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.”
98. “The deepest principle in human nature is the craving to be appreciated.”
- William James.
99. “Do not live to satisfy the expectations of others.”
- Ichiro Kishimi.
100. “Low self-esteem is like driving through life with your hand-break on.”
- Maxwell Maltz.
101. “I am my own experiment. I am my own work of art.”
102. “Trust yourself. You know more than you think you do.”
– Benjamin Spock.
103. “You want to find your voice? Shut out everyone else’s.”
- Brian Norgard.
104. “Love is the great miracle cure. Loving ourselves works miracles in our lives.”
- Louise Hay.
105. “Prove that you believe in yourself by investing in your dreams.”
- Mel Robbins.
106. “I never loved another person the way I loved myself.”
― Mae West.
107. “Be faithful to that which exists within yourself.”
- André Gide.
108. “Sever the ignorant doubt in your heart with the sword of self-knowledge. Observe your discipline, arise.”
- Bhagavad Gita.
109. “We all have different gifts, so we all have different ways of saying to the world who we are.”
- Fred Rogers.
110. “A person can grow only as much as his horizon allows.”
- John Powell.
111. “No one pays any attention to your mistakes. They are focused on their own.”
- Sahil Lavingia.
112. “The worst loneliness is to not be comfortable with yourself.”
― Mark Twain.
113. “Once you embrace your value, talents and strengths, it neutralizes when others think less of you.”
- Rob Liano.
114. “The most terrifying thing is to accept oneself completely.”
— C.G. Jung.
115. “My best friend is the one who brings out the best in me.”
– Henry Ford.
116. “Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it’s always your choice.”
– Wayne Dyer.
117. “It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.”
- W.C. Fields.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for 110+ self worth quotes that you need to read, then why not take a look at our unique quotes, or you are amazing quotes for more mood-boosting inspiration?
*Do you know where this quote originated? Please email us to let us know at [email protected]
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.