Peace and serenity are the most sought-after treasure for the human race.
It is natural for humans to want peace in every part of their lives. Peace is a state signified by lack of angst, conflict, and insecurity and filled with feelings of unconditional love, safety, and a deep connection to the universe.
A sense of true purpose can be defined as serenity. Serenity can be seen as an integral part of the human body, mind, and soul. For a truly happy and blissful experience, one must experience serenity by achieving it in a peaceful state, which can also lead to lowering chronic stress and other stress-related issues.
Human beings strive for that calmness and serene feeling which helps them relax and allows them to reboot their mind and soul. These serenity quotes will help you achieve that. If you like serenity quotes and want more related content, take a look at thought-provoking quotes and calm quotes.
Here are some of the most beautiful quotes about serenity.
1. “Peace can become a lens through which you see the world. Be it. Live it. Radiate it out. Peace is an inside job.”
— Wayne Dyer.
2. “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.”
— Lao Tzu.
3. “When we let God be God and work through us, we experience both a sense of serenity and excitement.”
— Julia Cameron.
4. “There is a kind of serenity in love which is almost a paradise.”
— Alain Badiou.
5. “It is difficult to make a man miserable while he feels worthy of himself and claims kindred to the great God who made him.”
― Abraham Lincoln.
6. “Nothing belongs to me. Everything comes and goes. Serenity is an open door.”
— Byron Katie.
7. “Serenity is not just an escape, but a precursor to acceptance, courage, wisdom, and change.”
— Bill Crawford.
8. “What some people interpret as brooding melancholy is serenity. I don’t feel required to grasp all the time.”
— David Guterson.
9. “Nature is the best medicine for serenity. Peace, calmness, stillness. It’s good for the heart.”
— Karen Madewell.
10. “You find peace not by rearranging the circumstances of your life, but by realizing who you are at the deepest level.”
— Eckhart Tolle.
11. “I wouldn’t know how to handle serenity if somebody handed it to me on a plate.”
— Dusty Springfield.
12. “My idea of serenity – that wonderful word that everybody’s trying to get into their life – is call-waiting.”
— Elaine Stritch.
13. “That exquisite poise of character which we call serenity is the last lesson of culture; it is the flowering of life, the fruitage of the soul.”
— James Allen.
14. “Serenity is the tranquil balance of heart and mind.”
— Harold W. Becker.
15. “Your serenity matters to heaven. God's presence encapsulates your life.”
16. “If others hurt you, let the injury go. This is your test. If you let it go, you will find serenity.”
— Wayne Dyer.
17. “Enlightenment is 'being,' and it grows; its end is serenity.”
— William Gibson.
18. “Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it well and serenely.”
— Ralph Waldo Emerson.
19. “Serenity is knowing that your worst shot is still pretty good.”
— Johnny Miller.
20. “The love of learning, the sequestered nooks, And all the sweet serenity of books.”
— Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.
21. “The sole art that suits me is that which, rising from unrest, tends toward serenity.”
— Andre Gide.
22. “He that owns himself has lost nothing. But how few men are blessed with ownership of self!”
— Seneca The Younger.
23. “By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.”
Serene Quotes About Life
Great quotes about the effects of serenity and tranquility on life.
24. “Never respond to an angry person with a fiery comeback, even if he deserves it...Don't allow his anger to become your anger.”
― Bohdi Sanders.
25. “The best fighter is never angry.”
26. “Compassion, tolerance, forgiveness and a sense of self-discipline are qualities that help us lead our daily lives with a calm mind.”
― Dalai Lama.
27. “Well being, serenity and service to others are the ultimate measures of true wealth, success and power.”
― Brendon Burchard.
28. “For me, the core, the inner spring, can best be refound through solitude.”
― Anne Morrow Lindbergh.
29. “If our thoughts are peaceful, calm, meek, and kind, then that is what our life is like.”
― Elder Tadej Štrbulović.
30. “The life of inner peace, being harmonious and without stress, is the easiest type of existence.”
— Norman Vincent Peale.
31. “To become mindfully aware of our surroundings is to bring our thinking back to our present moment reality and to the possibility of some semblance of serenity in the face of circumstances outside our ability to control.”
― Jeff Kober.
32. “When you do the right thing, you get the feeling of peace and serenity associated with it. Do it again and again.”
― Roy T. Bennett.
33. “The key to serenity is trusting that the universe has your back.”
― Gabrielle Bernstein.
34. “If you cannot find peace within yourself, you will never find it anywhere else.”
― Marvin Gaye.
35. “Despair is the damp of hell, as joy is the serenity of heaven.”
― John Donne.
36. “I have learned to like myself for the first time and to have some serenity.”
― Keith Miller.
37. “Destiny, I feel, is also a relationship - a play between divine grace and willful self-effort.”
― Elizabeth Gilbert, ‘Eat, Pray, Love’.
38. “Life itself is but motion, and can never be without desire, nor without fear, no more than without sense.”
— Thomas Hobbes.
Inspirational Serenity Quotes
Powerful serenity quotes that will inspire you to turn a new leaf! Find peace in your life with these inspirational serenity quotes.
39. “The calmness of mind is one of the beautiful jewels of wisdom.”
40. “You should feel beautiful and you should feel safe. What you surround yourself with should bring you peace of mind and peace of spirit.”
— Stacy London.
41. “You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.”
— Mae West.
42. “The universe is not outside of you. Look inside yourself, everything that you want, you already are.”
43. “It is the stillness that will save and transform the world.”
— Eckhart Tolle.
44. “One man practicing kindness in the wilderness is worth all the temples this world pulls.”
― Jack Kerouac, ‘The Dharma Bums’.
45. “Common man's patience will bring him more happiness than common man's power.”
― Amit Kalantri, ‘Wealth of Words’.
46. “Nothing can bring you peace but yourself. Nothing can bring you peace but the triumph of principles.”
― Ralph Waldo Emerson.
47. “Learn to be quiet enough to hear the sound of the genuine within yourself so that you can hear it in others.”
― Marian Wright Edelman.
48. “Like water, we are truest to our nature in repose.”
― Cyril Connolly.
49. “A mind at war with itself cannot know peace.”
― James Pierce.
50. “We cannot choose our external circumstances, but we can always choose how to respond to them.”
51. “Rule your mind with serenity rather than with force and manipulation.”
― Lao Tzu.
52. “You are present. You have stepped out of thousands of years of collective human conditioning.”
― Eckhart Tolle.
53. “You can’t calm the storm, so stop trying. What you can do is calm yourself. The storm will pass.”
― Timber Hawkeye.
54. “Learn this from me. Holding anger is a poison. It eats you from inside.”
― Mitch Albom, ‘The Five People You Meet in Heaven’.
Motivational Serenity Quotes
Here's a list of serenity quotes to pick you up when you feel low. These powerful serenity quotes might just give you the inner peace you need to get on with your day.
55. “Inner peace begins the moment you choose not to allow another person or event to control your emotions.”
― Pema Chodron.
56. “There are two ways to get enough. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.”
― G.K. Chesterton.
57. “See the beauty and perfection of decay in the world around you and in yourself, and just allow it to be.”
― Ram Dass.
58. “Do not let the behavior of others destroy your inner peace.”
— Dalai Lama.
59. “Movement is good for the body. Stillness is good for the mind.”
― Sakyong Mipham.
60. “You will find peace not by trying to escape your problems, but by confronting them courageously. You will find peace not in denial, but in victory.”
— J. Donald Walters.
61. “Every breath we take, every step we make, can be filled with peace, joy and serenity.”
— Thich Nhat Hanh.
62. “In struggling against anguish one never produces serenity; the struggle against anguish only produces new forms of anguish.”
― Simone Weil.
63. “What comes, when it comes, will be what it is.”
― Alberto Caeiro, ‘The Collected Poems of Alberto Caeiro’.
64. “Serenity is the final word of all the teachings; reflection is the response to all manifestations.”
― Hongzhi Zhengjue.
65. “Attachment, need, and desire all must go if one wishes to remain at peace.”
― James Pierce.
66. “Learn to be silent. Let your mind listen and absorb.”
Best quotes and sayings about tranquility to make you feel at ease.
67. “Everything you do can be done better from a place of relaxation.”
― Stephen C. Paul.
68. “Every heart sings a song, incomplete, until another heart whispers back. Those who wish to sing always find a song. At the touch of a lover, everyone becomes a poet.”
69. “It is neither wealth nor splendor; but tranquility and occupation which give you happiness.”
― Thomas Jefferson.
70. “It is vain to say human beings ought to be satisfied with tranquillity: they must have action, and they will make it if they cannot find it.”
― Charlotte Bronte.
71. “I know exactly what I want. Everything. Calm, peace, tranquility, freedom, fun, and happiness.”
― Johnny Depp.
72. “Tranquil as a forest, but on fire within, once you find your center, you are sure to win.”
― David Zippel.
73. “We can be serene even in the midst of calamities and, by our serenity, make others more tranquil. Serenity is contagious.”
― Sri S. Satchidananda, ‘The Yoga Sutras’.
74. “The pursuit, even of the best things, ought to be calm and tranquil.”
― Marcus Tullius Cicero.
75. “The mind can only reflect the true image of the Self when it is tranquil and wholly relaxed.”
― Indra Devi.
76. “You feel suspended in an ocean of tranquility, and all truth seems to stem from this place of inner understanding.”
― John Assaraf.
77. “Peace is the simplicity of heart, serenity of mind, tranquility of soul, the bond of love.”
― Pio of Pietrelcina.
78. “We think a happy life consists in tranquility of mind.”
― Marcus Tullius Cicero.
79. “There is no real silence for the sensitive ears and there is no real tranquility for the sensitive hearts!”
― Mehmet Murat ildan.
80. “Great tranquility of heart is his who cares for neither praise nor blame.”
― Thomas A. Kempis.
81. “Just as a waterfall grows slower and more lightly suspended as it plunges down, so the great man of action tends to act with greater calmness than his tempestuous desires prior to the deed would lead one to expect.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche.
Serenity Prayers Quotes
Great serenity prayer quotes and sayings that are inspirational and will help you in your day.
82. “God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.”
― Reinhold Niebuhr.
83. “God, grant me the serenity to stop beating myself up for not doing things perfectly, the courage to forgive myself because I’m working on doing better, and the wisdom to know that You already love me just the way I am.”
― Eleanor Brownn.
84. “God, give us grace to accept with serenity
the things that cannot be changed,
courage to change the things
which should be changed,
and the wisdom to distinguish
the one from the other.”
― Reinhold Niebuhr, ‘The Serenity Prayer’.
85. “People are often unreasonable, illogical, and self-centered;
... Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives;
... Be kind anyway.”
― Kent M. Keith.
86. “What we think, we become.
All that we are arises with our thoughts.
With our thoughts, we make the world.”
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for serenity quotes then why not take a look at [sentimental quotes], or thoughtful quotes.
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.