The movie 'Shrek' won a lot of people's hearts in the early 2000's, but the movie series could crack us up even now.
This animated feature, set in Far Far Away where everything talks and all our fairy tale stories come alive, focuses on our beloved grumpy ogre with a gooey heart, Shrek, who manages to find friendship with Donkey and true love with Princess Fiona.
The characters are golden in Shrek -Donkey, voiced by Mike Myers and Eddie Murphy, respectively, setting friendship goals for generations, and the graceful daredevil, Princess Fiona, voiced by Cameron Diaz. Many characters from well-known fairy tale stories like Prince Charming, the Fairy Godmother, Puss in Boots, Gingerbread Man, and many others form the residents of the kingdom of Far, Far Away. Filled with action, emotions, and tummy-tickling laughter, this movie is a great choice for family-time movie sessions. Re-visit this hilarious take on magical stories as a family with these Shrek trivia questions and answers.
'Shrek' Trivia On All The Movies In The Franchise
For a single movie to reach success is a tough job in itself. The creators of 'Shrek' managed to do the same for not one but all 4 movies of the franchise! The main characters from the original Shrek movie were maintained throughout the franchise along with new ones. Woah, that is too much. Only a true 'Shrek' fan would know the specifics. Are you one? Let's find out.
1. Question: The original movie 'Shrek' was based on a book. What is the name of the book?
Answer: 'Shrek!' by William Steig
2. Question: What were the names of the four 'Shrek' movies, and what years were they released in? (in order)
Answer: 'Shrek' (2001); 'Shrek 2' (2004); 'Shrek the Third' (2007); 'Shrek Forever After' (2010)
3. Question: What do the Shrek fans call themselves?
4. Question: Which of the four movies won an academy award under the 'Animated Feature' category?
5. Question: Who were the villainous characters in all the movies?
Answer: 'Shrek' (Lord Farquaad); 'Shrek 2' (Prince Charming); 'Shrek the Third' (Fairy godmother); 'Shrek Forever After' (Rumpelstiltskin.)
6. Question: Which two production companies were involved in the production of the 'Shrek' film franchise?
Answer: Dreamworks Pictures and Paramount Pictures
7. Question: Who wanted to make an adaptation film of the book 'Shrek!' in the first place?
Answer: Steven Spielberg.
8. Question: The National Film Registry by the Library of Congress selected which movie of the 'Shrek' franchise for preservation and when?
Answer: 'Shrek' in 2020.
9. Question: What is the name of the spin-off movie, and when was it made?
Answer: 'Puss in Boots' (2011)
10. Question: In the first movie, what does Shrek put in his drink?
Shrek Questions Based On The Cast
Despite admiring the fictional, made-up characters on screen, it is the actors who bring them to life, especially in the case of animated movies. So, how will you fare in this trivia that questions your knowledge of the wonderful actors who voiced the characters of 'Shrek'?
11. Question: Who gave their voices for Shrek, and whose made it to the screen?
Answer: Chris Farley and Mike Myers; Mike Myers
12. Question: Who turned down the role of Shrek?
Answer: Nicholas Cage
13. Question: Which character did Cameron Diaz voice in the Shrek franchise?
Answer: Princess Fiona
14. Question: Who voiced Shrek's best friend, Donkey?
Answer: Eddie Murphy
15. Question: Eddie Murphy was nominated for which award for his voice acting as Donkey?
Answer: BAFTA nomination for Best Actor in a Supporting Role (2002)
16. Question: Who was first considered for the role of Lord Farquaad?
Answer: Alan Rickman
17. Question: In Steven Spielberg's take on 'Shrek', who would have been cast as the main characters of 'Shrek'?
Answer: Bill Murray as Shrek and Steve Martin as Donkey
18. Question: What was Chris Farley known for?
Answer: He was a member of the NBC sketch comedy show Saturday Night Live.
19. Question: Which famous actor gave his voice for the English, Spanish and Italian versions of the 'Shrek' movies?
Answer: Antonio Banderas
20. Question: Which actor made his debut in voicing for animated movies with 'Shrek the Third'?
Answer: Justin Timberlake.
21. Question: Who suggested that the character of 'Shrek' has a Scottish accent, and what was it inspired?
Answer: Mike Myers; the way his mother used to tell stories to him as a child.
22. Question: Who voiced the character of Rumpelstiltskin in 'Shrek Forever After'?
Answer: Walt Dohrn
Shrek Test - The Character Quiz
It is amazing what we can remember about something we love. To pay homage to the amazing characters in our beloved 'Shrek' movie Franchise, we give the 'Shrek' Character Quiz. Here we bring you a collection of 'Shrek' trivia, 'Shrek 2' trivia, 'Shrek The Third' trivia, and 'Shrek 4' trivia. Lots of characters, right? Whom do you admire the most? Find out at the end of this trivia.
23. Question: Where does Shrek live?
Answer: In a swamp in the middle of a forest.
24. Question: Till when did Shrek stay with his parents?
Answer: Till his 7th birthday.
25. Question: What is Shrek's most famous dialogue?
Answer: "What are you doing in my swamp?"
26.Question: From where does Shrek get the armor he wears while trying to save Princess Fiona?
Answer: From the bones of the unsuccessful knights.
27. Question: When do Shrek and Donkey bond in the first 'Shrek' movie?
Answer: While they stop for a night and stargaze.
28. Question: How tall was Lord Farquaad?
Answer: 4 ft 6 inches
29. Question: Whom does Fiona fight using martial arts?
Answer: The Merry Men.
30. Question: Who does Donkey fall in love with?
Answer: The Dragon that was guarding the tower in which Princess Fiona was trapped.
31. Question: What does Princess Fiona turn into after her true love kiss?
Answer: An ogre.
32. Question: What is Shrek's wife's name?
33. Question: What was Lord Farquaad, the ruler of?
34. Question: What was Shrek height?
Answer: 7 to 8 feet.
35. Question: Who are Princess Fiona's parents?
Answer: King Harold and Queen Lillian.
36. Question: Which movie does Puss in Boots make an entry?
Answer: The 2nd movie, 'Shrek 2'.
37. Question: When did we see Shrek with hair?
Answer: In Shrek 2, after he drank the potion 'Happily Ever After.'
38. Question: Who rescues Puss in Boots, Shrek, and Donkey from the prison in 'Shrek 2'?
Answer: The three blind mice, the Wolf, the Three Little Pigs, the Gingerbread Man (Gingy), and Pinnochio.
39. Question: What was Shrek's accent?
40. Question: Who was Prince Charming in Shrek 2?
Answer: Fairy godmother's son.
42. Question: In 'Shrek 2', after the fairy godmother's curse reflects, who does it fall on, and what does that reveal about that character?
Answer: King Harold; He was the Frog prince whom Queen Lillian kissed.
43. Question: What is the name of the hybrid babies that Donkey and Dragon had?
44. Question: Which Smash mouth song was featured in the movie?
Answer: 'I'm a Believer.'
45. Question: What was Shrek's full name?
Answer: It is just Shrek, but in 'Shrek the Third, he was knighted to be called Sir Shrek.
46. Question: Who was the reason for Shrek's Scottish accent?
Answer: Mike Myers, the actor who voiced Shrek was inspired by his mother.
47. Question: Which movie does the song 'Welcome to Duloc' appear in, and what song is it similar to?
Answer: Shrek; 'It's A Small World' by the Sherman Brothers.
48. Question: Who signs a deal with Shrek in the movie 'Shrek Forever After'?
49. Question: Which character is the heir to the throne of the Far Far Away kingdom, according to King Harold?
Answer: Arthur Pendragon or Artie, the king's nephew.
50. Question: Which is the bar in Far Far Away that the villains of all fairy tales meet called?
Answer: Poison Apple.
51. Question: What are the Shrek's children's names?
Answer: Farkle, Fergus, and Felicia.
52. Question: What are the names of the Dronkeys?
Answer: Debbie, Coco, Bananas, Peanut, Parfait, and Eclairs.
53. Question: How does Donkey show the Exit clause in Rumpelstiltskin's contract to Shrek?
Answer: By folding the contract into an origami heart shape.
'Shrek The Musical' Trivia
'Shrek' became so popular that the Franchise grew from being just movies. They also made a musical about it. Did you know? True 'Shrek' fans will. Test your knowledge of 'Shrek The Musical' facts by answering these questions. What are you waiting for?
54. Question: Who wrote 'Shrek The Musical' and composed the music for it?
Answer: David Lindsay-Abaire; Music by Jeanine Tesori.
55. Question: Where was the first trial run for this musical?
Answer: Seattle in 2008.
56. Question: Which OTT platform has this musical?
57. Question: Which countries did 'Shrek The Musical' show their productions?
Answer: Seattle, Broadway, US, and then the UK.
58. Question: The franchise of 'Shrek' contains its own hilarious twists on the many famous fairy tales and Disney movies. What similarity did the Broadway incarnation have to the ideology of the film franchise?
Answer: The Musical had its own twists on some of the popular broadway musicals like 'Wicked', 'The Lion King', 'RENT', etc.
59. Question: What awards did the musical win?
Answer: The Musical won 4 awards - 1 Tony Award for Best Costume Design and 3 Drama Desk Awards for Outstanding Actor in a Musical, Outstanding Set Design, and Outstanding Costume Design.
Shrek Quotes Quiz
"Ogres are like onions", many such wonderful, hilarious, and snarky dialogues were incorporated into the script, thanks to the amazing writers of the movie. How good is your memory of who said what? Test it out with this fun set of questions and answers.
60. Question: "It's rude enough being alive when no one wants you, but showing up uninvited to a wedding?" Who says this?
Answer: Lord Farquaad.
61. Question: "It's time to pack up your toothbrush and jammies. You're the new king of Far Far Away." Who says this to whom?
Answer: Shrek to Arthur (Artie).
62. Question: "No! Not the buttons! Not my gumdrop buttons!" Who says this?
Answer: Gingerbread man to Lord Farquaad.
63. Question: "Yeah, right, brimstone. Don't be talking about no brimstone. I know what I smelled, it was no brimstone, and it didn't come off no stone neither." Who cracks this joke?
64. Question: "But remember, dear. If you should ever need me... happiness... is just a teardrop away." Who says this to whom?
Answer: Fairy godmother to Princess Fiona.
65. Question: "But we should savor this moment! You could recite an epic for me." Who says this?
Answer: Princess Fiona.
66. Question: "No problema, boss. In one of my nine cat lives I was the great cat burglar Santiago de Compostela!" Who said this?
Answer: Puss in Boots.
67. Question: "All right, nobody move! I got a dragon here, and I'm not afraid to use it!" Who said this?
68. Question: "By night one way. By day another. Blah di-blah-di-blah!" Who said this?
69. Question: "True love didn't get me out of that tower. I did! I save myself! Don't you get it? It's all just a big fairy tale!" Who tells this to Shrek?
70. Question: "Hi, honey. Sorry, we're late. You okay?" Who says this, and when?
Answer: Princess Fiona to Shrek in the movie 'Shrek 2.'
71. Question: "Have you seen a baby lately? All they do is eat and poop, and then they cry, and then they cry when they poop, and poop when they cry. Now imagine an ogre baby. They extra cry, and they extra poop ." Who said this?
72. Question: "Fire up the ovens, Muffin Man! We've got a big order to fill!" Who said this?
Answer: The Gingerbread Man (Gingy)
So, we hope you enjoyed these fun and amazing questions from us about the Shrek universe. It's always great to spend time together as a family, and therefore, we at Kidadl carefully craft family-friendly trivia to help make the parent-kid bonding time more fun and enjoyable! If you liked our Shrek Trivia, then we bet you will also enjoy our Cartoon Trivia or enter the Marvel Universe for a 'Guardians Of The Galaxy' Trivia.
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.