Sisterhood quotes refer to those quotes which define how beautiful the friendship between women is.
For many people, a sister is probably their best friend. Sisters are seen as someone who helps one another.
Sisterhood induces a strong bond between existing friends. The spirit of sisterhood is to be supportive of your friends. If someone practices sisterhood it means that they stand by their sisters or friends through thick and thin. In this form of friendship, sisters often mean friends who feel like sisters because of their powerful or long-lasting friendship. Sisterhood is a motto to follow. These sisterhood quotes include sorority sisterhood quotes among other quotes about sisterhood.
Quotes About Sisters
Sisterhood is the best relation out there. Read the following quotes to share these sentiments with your sisters.
1. "Help one another is part of the religion of our sisterhood."
- Louisa May Alcott.
2. "A sister is like yourself in a different movie, a movie that stars you in a different life."
- Deborah Tannen.
3. "An older sister is a friend and defender - a listener, conspirator, a counsellor and a sharer of delights. And sorrows too."
- Pam Brown.
4. "A sister is both your mirror and your opposite."
- Elizabeth Fishel.
5. "A sister can be seen as someone who is both ourselves and very much not ourselves - a special kind of double."
- Toni Morrison.
6. “We hang out, we help one another, we tell one another our worst fears and biggest secrets, and then just like real sisters, we listen and don’t judge.”
– Adriana Trigiani.
7. “Sister is probably the most competitive relationship within the family, but once the sisters are grown, it becomes the strongest relationship.”
- Margaret Mead.
8. “One woman is a tiny divine spark in a timeless sisterhood tapestry collective; all of us are Wild Women.”
– Jan Porter.
9. "Is solace anywhere more comforting than that in the arms of a sister."
- Alice Walker.
10. “You are blood. You are sisters. No man can break that bond.”
– Kim Boykin.
11. "A sister is a gift to the heart, a friend to the spirit, a golden thread to the meaning of life."
– Isadora James.
12. “Women are going to form a chain, a greater sisterhood than the world has ever known.”
– Nellie McClung.
13. "Having a sister is like having a best friend you can't get rid of. You know whatever you do, they'll still be there."
- Amy Li.
14. "More than Santa Claus, your sister knows when you've been bad and good."
- Linda Sunshine.
15. "A sister smiles when one tells stories—for she knows where the decoration has been added."
- Chris Montaigne.
16. "If you don't understand how a woman could both love her sister dearly and want to wring her neck at the same time, then you were probably an only child."
- Linda Sunshine.
17. "Sisters function as safety nets in a chaotic world simply by being there for each other."
- Carol Saline.
18. "Sister is our first friend and second mother."
- Sunny Gupta.
19. "A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost."
- Marion C. Garretty.
Sisterhood Book Quotes
Here is a list of quotes from literature to prove how strong the bond between sisters is and that it is not easy for someone to come between such women.
20. "That was the thing about best friends. Like sisters and mothers, they could piss you off and make you cry and break your heart, but in the end, when the chips were down, they were there, making you laugh even in your darkest hours."
- Kristen Hannah, 'Firefly Lane'.
21. "...just like real sisters, we listen and don't judge."
- Adriana Trigiani, 'Viola In Reel Life'.
22. "That's the best thing about little sisters: They spend so much time wishing they were elder sisters that in the end they're far wiser than the elder ones could ever be."
- Gemma Burgess, 'A Girl Like You'.
23. "You may be as different as the sun and the moon, but the same blood flows through both your hearts. You need her, as she needs you..."
- George R.R. Martin, 'A Game Of Thrones'.
24. "We’re sisters. We need no good reason to fight, even though we have plenty of them."
- Ken Wheaton, 'Sweet As Cane, Salty As Tears'.
25. "Of two sisters one is always the watcher, one the dancer."
- Louise Glück, 'Descending Figure'.
26. "I do not mourn the loss of my sister because she will always be with me, in my heart."
- Erin Morgenstern, 'The Night Circus'.
27. "She peered over the ledge of heaven and saw that back on earth her sister missed her too much, was way too sad..."
- Jandy Nelson, 'The Sky Is Everywhere'.
28. "My sister is the one person who truly knows me, as I know her."
- Lisa See, 'Shanghai Girls'.
29. "If you have a sister and she dies, do you stop saying you have one?"
- Jodi Picoult, 'My Sister's Keeper'.
30. "Acquaintances were always on their best behavior, but sisters loved each other enough to say anything."
- Lauren Weisberger, 'Chasing Harry Winston'.
31. "'But what if the monsters come?'
'Fancy.' Kit looked away from the drama to stare at her sister, surprised. 'We are the monsters'."
- Dia Reeves, 'Slice Of Cherry'.
32. "For there is no friend like a sister. In calm or stormy weather; To cheer one on the tedious way, To fetch one if one goes astray, To lift one if one totters down, To strengthen whilst one stands."
- Christina Rossetti, 'Goblin Market And Other Poems.'
Girl Power Quotes
A strong sisterhood induces empowerment. Here is a list of quotes to inspire you and your squad.
33. "Let’s be clear, I’m a strong woman."
- Bethenny Frankel.
34. "I truly don’t dress for men at all. I dress for me and what I think is cool."
- Lucy Hale.
35. "A strong woman is a woman determined to do something others are determined not be done."
– Marge Piercy.
36. "Music is a male-dominated field. Women are not always taken as seriously as we should be, so sometimes we have to put our foot down."
- Missy Elliot.
37. "The best protection any woman can have is courage."
— Elizabeth Cady Stanton.
38. "Women are the...future. And we're going to take over the world."
- Dua Lipa.
39. "The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me."
– Ayn Rand.
40. "Guess what — if I want to wear red lipstick and put eyelashes on, I can do whatever I...want. I am the creator of my own destiny."
- Alicia Keys.
41. "A woman is the full circle. Within her is the power to create, nurture and transform."
– Diane Mariechild.
42. "There are still people who are afraid of successful women, and that's so lame."
- Billie Eilish.
43. "Think like a queen. A queen is not afraid to fail. Failure is another steppingstone to greatness."
– Oprah Winfrey.
44. "I have chosen to no longer be apologetic for my femaleness and my femininity. And I want to be respected in all of my femaleness because I deserve to be."
- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie.
45. “To all the little girls who are watching this, never doubt that you are valuable and powerful, and deserving of every chance and opportunity in the world to pursue and achieve your own dreams.”
- Hillary Clinton.
Sisterhood Movie Quotes
What is better related to sisterhood than movies? Here are some movie-related quotes to hype up sisterhood.
46. “We're sisters. We're a lot more alike than you think.”
- Hayley Wheaton, 'Wish Upon A Star'.
47. "I wish nothing more than if I could tell my sister how much I loved her and that I always idolized her..."
- Sarah Bloom, 'Wish I Was Here'.
48. "It began with two sisters. One born with magical powers, and one born powerless, with her love of snowmen, infinite."
- Olaf, 'Frozen'.
49. "We are two sisters bound by womanhood."
- Mary Stuart, 'Mary Queen Of Scots'.
50. “My poor little sister should be out trick-or-treating, but you've kept her from a normal childhood and now she's a wall ornament.”
- Marnie Piper, 'Halloweentown'.
51. “You know, Richard, the only good thing about me being your half-sister... is that the other half isn't!”
- Margaret Harwood, 'Year Of The Comet'.
52. "I could never love anyone as I love my sisters."
- Jo, 'Little Women'.
53. "Cause we are sisters
We stand together
We make up one big family
Though we don't look the same"
- The Cheetah Girls (2003).
Quotes About Friendship
No matter how much time passes, a friendship only gets better, not weaker. Here are some friendship-related quotes.
54. “Don’t make friends who are comfortable to be with. Make friends who will force you to lever yourself up.”
- Thomas J. Watson.
55. “Best friends are important. They’re the closest thing to a sister you’ll ever have.”
- Jenny Han.
56. "Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart."
- Eleanor Roosevelt.
57. “No person is your friend who demands your silence, or denies your right to grow.”
– Alice Walker.
58. "It's not that diamonds are a girl's best friend, but it's your best friends who are your diamonds."
- Gina Barreca.
59. “In the sweetness of friendship let there be laughter, for in the dew of little things the heart finds its morning and is refreshed.”
- Khalil Gibran.
60. "A friend is the only person you will let into the house when you are Turning Out Drawers."
- Pam Brown.
61. “A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.”
- Walter Winchell.
62. "Anything is possible when you have the right people there to support you."
- Misty Copeland.
63. “Life is partly what we make it, and partly what it is made by the friends we choose.”
- Tennessee Williams.
64. "There is nothing I would not do for those who are really my friends."
- Jane Austen.
65. “The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart.”
- Elisabeth Foley.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for sisterhood quotes then why not take a look at women supporting women quotes, or [sister-in-law quotes].
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.