Sloths are mesmerizing animals known for their lazy attitude.
If you are someone who frequently goes through an exhausting school day, you might envy the lifestyle of sloths. Sloths have slow metabolic rates, which may contribute to their slow movements, and hence, they are seen as extremely slothful!
It's no wonder that a sloth can become the butt of a joke, given how slow they move. These animals are arboreal - that is, they live on trees, and you may often find them hanging on branches. They are found in neotropical areas. There can be a few funny names for a sloth too, like Mr. Bigface or Slowpoke. The word 'sloth' also means lazy, which is one of the seven deadly sins. This puts sloths in a difficult position since they are really cute and haven't really had the time to do anything evil yet. If you are looking for a great sloth pun or a sloth joke that will make your family laugh out loud, then these sloth jokes or sloth play on words would be a great find. You just need to take it slow as you go through this list and convert these sloth puns with funny sloth jokes for kids. If you're a cute sloth lover with an interest in animal puns, then you'll love these funny sloth sayings even more.
Slow Sloth Puns
If you are looking for some s-low humor, you will find some amazing puns on sloths below:
1. When the sloth went to Hogwarts, the Sorting Hat put him in the Slotherin House.
2. A sloth went into the cafe and asked “Can I please have…. a decaf?”. The waitress replied, “Why the long paws?”
3. A sloth in a zoo kept getting fatter because it was eating a lot of food. He was guilty of two deadly sins: gluttony and sloth.
4. “Why did nature make us so lazy?” was the philoslothical question of the sloths.
5. When a sloth just sits there and barely flaunts a muscle, he’s called a slow-off.
6. If you ever cross a sloth with two frogs, you will get a two-toad sloth.
7. After a snowstorm, the sloths spend their time throwing slow balls at one another.
8. The favorite band of sloths is Slow Patrol.
9. The old woodcutter had written about his hatred towards koalas, pandas, and sloths. It was clear that he really despised those tree-huggers.
10. When the baby sloth was trying to rush across a tree branch, the mama sloth said, “Slow down, hang it there.”
11. Some of the richer sloths do not mind showing off their class. They are truly slowphisticated.
12. It takes a lot of time to go through the history of sloths. It is riddled with slothistry.
13. It’s always difficult to get letters from the forest as you have to trust the mail-sloth to pass it on.
14. When it snows, you may find a few sloths lying on the ground. That’s because they are busy making slow angels.
15. When sloths wake up in the morning, they start reading the snooze-papers.
16. It took a lot of time for the sloth to nibble on the watch. It was truly a time-consuming affair.
17. Sloths love to listen to slow music. You can check their playlist on their Slothify account.
18. The old slots in the casino worked so slowly that many of the visitors and players called them the sloth machines.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of great family-friendly puns for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for sloth puns then why not take a look at fish jokes, or for something different take a look at pirate jokes!
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.