Small towns have a sense of community where everyone cares for each other and are great to live in.
Small towns really attract us with their air of peace and familiarity. Our list of small town quotes will surely make you miss your hometown.
Small town quotes are great quotes about small towns and hometowns which every person who has experienced living in a small town can enjoy! Living in a small town is amazing and everyone is family, so generally people never want to leave. If you come from a small town and are currently living in the city, these quotes will likely make you miss your home.
If you find our content interesting, you could also check out [small circle quotes] and [community quotes].
Quotes About Living In A Small Town
A lot of us want to go live in the small town we come from, even a day or two every month sounds great when you miss home. Here are some more quotes which will surely make you want to find reasons to go back to your hometown.
1. “The nice thing about living in a small town is that when you don't know what you're doing, someone else does.”
- Immanuel Kant.
2. “Living in a rural setting exposes you to so many marvelous things - the natural world and the particular texture of small-town life, and the exhilarating experience of open space.”
- Susan Orlean.
3. “Childhood is the small town everyone came from.”
- Garrison Keillor.
4. “Small towns seem to appreciate things a little bit more. They're less jaded and they're more kind of authentic and more themselves and they don't care as much.”
- Pauly Shore.
5. “For any American who had the great and priceless privilege of being raised in a small town there always remains with him nostalgic memories.”
- Dwight D. Eisenhower.
6. “Whoever wants to know the heart and mind of America had better learn baseball, the rules and realities of the game - and do it by watching first some high school or small-town teams.”
- Jacques Barzun.
7. “I just owe almost everything to my father and it's passionately interesting for me that the things that I learned in a small town, in a very modest home, are just the things that I believe have won the election.”
- Margaret Thatcher.
8. “This country is made up of small towns and big dreams.”
- Brian Mulroney.
9. “Fame is only good for one thing - they will cash your check in a small town.”
- Truman Capote.
10. “To make a small town achieve its potential, you need everybody. When a blind person carries a crippled person who can see, both of them get where they're going.”
- Unita Blackwell.
11. “There is a comfortable feeling in small towns. It is salubrious.”
- Andie MacDowell.
12. “In the small town of Hannibal, Missouri, when I was a boy, everybody was poor, but didn't know it; and everybody was comfortable and did know it.”
- Mark Twain.
13. “Earth is a small town with many neighborhoods in a very big universe.”
- Ronald J. Garan Jr.
14. “Be nice. The world is a small town.”
- Austin Kleon.
15. “There’s a lot more business out there in small town America than I ever dreamed of.”
- Sam Walton.
16. “I had the privilege of living most of my life in a small town.”
- Sarah Palin.
17. “Everybody wants you to do good things, but in a small town you pretty much graduate and get married.”
- Faith Hill.
18. “Coming from a small town it was tough to dream big. When I grew up in a small town in Georgia, my biggest dream was one day to be able to go to Atlanta.”
- Herschel Walker.
19. “A small town has as many eyes as a fly.”
- Sonya Hartnett.
20. “You can go to any small town in America, there's going to be a metal fan there. You can't say that about post-rock.”
- David Pajo.
More Quotes About Small Town Things
The following small town quotes will surely make you cherish your hometown and find time to go for a visit.
21. “It takes a small town to keep you humble.”
- Bess Streeter Aldrich.
22. “I think I would like to be in Victorian times. Small town. Bandstands. Summer. That kind of thing. Without disease.”
- Rod Serling.
23. “The art of living in a small town is one of the most difficult to acquire.”
- Doris Lessing.
24. “My plan is to have a theatre in some small town or something and I'll be manager.”
- Quentin Tarantino.
25. “Bluffton is growing. But we must hold on to that small-town character.”
- Laura Blush.
26. “People from small towns have to have their edges roughed up to get along in the world. But as a street reporter, you learn quickly.”
- Bill Kurtis.
27. “I think growing up in a small town, the kind of people I met in my small town, they still haunt me. I find myself writing about them over and over again.”
- Annie Baker.
28. “Give me a Sunday morning, that's full of grace. A simple life and I'll be okay, here in small town U.S.A.”
- Justin Moore.
29. “I enjoy small towns, I've got my friends there. I have friends in L.A. too, but I'm not much on traffic.”
- Jacob Lofland.
30. “I grew up in a very small town, and I just figure-skated.”
- Rachel McAdams.
31. “In small towns people scent the wind with noses of uncommon keenness.”
- Stephen King.
32. “I think when you're famous, its hard to live in a small town.”
- John Cusack.
33. “President Johnson and I have a lot in common. We were both born in small towns and we're both fortunate in the fact that we think we married above ourselves.”
- Richard M. Nixon.
34. “A lot of times in movies, you see the 'small town' people, being bowled over by this creative entity or this corporate ideal, and it's not true, at all.”
- John Krasinski.
35. “My films play only in Bengal, and my audience is the educated middle class in the cities and small towns.”
- Satyajit Ray.
36. “I'm a small-town guy, and moving to a huge city might be an adjustment.”
- Adam Dunn.
37. “I was used to being in a small town and used to seeing the same people all the time and going to the same grocery store every day, so it wasn't that big of a deal for me.”
- Todd Grisham.
38. “I'm all about small towns. I think it's a great place to grow up.”
- Kacey Musgraves.
39. “My dad grew up in Banbridge, Northern Ireland, desperate to get to London. I grew up in London, so I don't know what it's like to yearn for the big city from a small town.”
- Daniel Radcliffe.
40. “I did stories about unexpected encounters, back roads, small towns and ordinary folk, sometimes doing something a little extraordinary.”
- Charles Kuralt.
41. “'One Tree Hill' really had an impact on my life. It was the first time I left my house and my family in New York and went to a small town in North Carolina.”
- Daniella Alonso.
42. “I grew up in a small town in Illinois, and my dad was a basketball coach. Thanks to him, I have excellent fundamentals in both basketball and baseball.”
- Nick Offerman.
43. “I'm a small town boy from a place not too different from Farmville. I grew up with a corn field in my backyard.”
- Mike Pence.
44. “I'm living out a childhood fantasy. Our house is in a historic district of a small town that I used to read about in storybooks.”
- Patty Duke.
45. “Growing up in Georgia, I used to think people up north or out west were so different. They're really not. They're just regular people who live in small towns.”
- Alan Jackson.
46. “I will always approach life from a small-town vibe. It makes experiences more fantastical.”
- Landon Liboiron.
47. “People in small towns, much more than in cities, share a destiny.”
- Richard Russo.
48. “Being in Marin City was like a small town so it taught me to be more straightforward with my style.”
49. “The experiences that I've had growing up in that very unique hometown has shaped me and always will shape me.”
- Mike Pence.
50. “Jamestown was a very small town and I was thrilled to be there.”
- Graham Taylor.
Small Town Girl Quotes
Here are some quotes about being a small town girl that you will love! If you are are a small town girl, you will find that you can relate a lot with these!
51. “I grew up in a small town in India, but through books I knew the world.”
- Mira Nair.
52. “I'm from a small town where everybody always has something to say - you shouldn't sing secular music, you shouldn't do this or do that. A ton of ‘shouldn'ts.’”
- Kelly Clarkson.
53. “I grew up in a suburb of Ohio, in a small town, and I resonated with that small-town feeling where everybody knows your business.”
- Rachael Harris.
54. “I grew up in a very small town which is remote even by Indian standards. I always dreamed of the world.”
- Mira Nair.
55. “If I have a family down the road, I don't know if I could ever raise them in the city because I am a small town girl at heart. I definitely long for the mountains.”
- Zella Day.
56. “I had, you know, a guy in high school that I wanted to marry desperately. He's the mayor of some small town in Texas.”
- Ellen DeGeneres.
57. “I come from this really small town near Nashville, Tennessee, where everything was la-di-da and normal.”
- Miley Cyrus.
58. “I’m from a small town so, like, everyone’s married with children or about to have children.”
- Kelly Clarkson.
59. “Growing up I played piano and I sang at a lot of weddings; I grew up in a very small town, a little coal-mining town in Virginia called Grundy.”
- Jayma Mays.
60. “But my husband came from a small town and hardworking parents like I did, and I don't think we've lost that mind-set.“
- Carrie Underwood.
61. “ I guess a small-town mayor is sort of like a 'community organizer,' except that you have actual responsibilities.”
- Sarah Palin.
62. “Delia lived in the small town in her heart, ignoring the world in which all her love had turned to grief.”
- Dorothy Allison.
63. “I grew up in a small town where everyone wanted to be the same or look the same and was afraid to be different.”
- Kate Bosworth.
64. “Because for a life to be real, you need it all: good and bad, beach and concrete, the familiar and the unknown, big talkers and small towns.”
- Sarah Dessen.
65. “Every small town that I had ever been to had had a caboose.”
- Laura Miller.
66. “Small towns make up for their lack of people by having everyone be more interesting.
- Doris Haddock.
67. “The simple truth is that you can understand a town. You can know and love and hate it.”
- Brenna Yovanoff.
68. “Living in a small town...is like living in a large family of rather uncongenial relations.”
- Joyce Dennys.
69. “I was from a small town, and nobody really expects you to leave, especially before you graduate.”
- Taylor Swift.
Small Town Gossip Quotes
We all love tales from small towns, here is a collection of some more small town quotes that you can share with your friends!
70. “I grew up on a farm in a small town where you do or say one thing and everybody knows about it.”
- Garrett Hedlund.
71. “I'm still quite small-minded and small-town, and people look at me like, ‘You're too famous to remember me.’ I want to give them a tap on the shoulder and thank them.”
- John Newman.
72. “One of the pleasant things about small town life is that everyone, whether rich or poor, liked or disliked, has some kind of a role and place in the community.”
- Edward Abbey.
73. “I think it helped me to develop good work ethics, being in a small town.”
- Herschel Walker.
74. “I grew up in Michigan, in a very small town, Centreville. In my graduating class I had like 92 people.”
- Verne Troyer.
75. “Living in a small town in India was like living in a glass house!”
- Mallika Nawal.
76. “When I look back, I'm glad I grew up in a small town. There, it's just you, your family and whatever you make of it.”
- Champ Bailey.
77. “In small towns as well as large, good people outnumber bad people by 100 to 1.”
- Paul Harvey.
78. “MS Dhoni showed India what a tough man from a small town could dream and achieve. He has been a role model. Respect.”
- Harsha Bhogle.
79. “I grew up in a really small town with not a lot of money, and I liked singing, but it was just something that was a hobby.”
- Justin Bieber.
80. “It was a marvelous advantage to grow up in a small town where you knew everybody.”
- Warren Christopher.
81. “I think that often times Hollywood panders to the cliches of small town life, specifically Southern small town life, and I think that this movie does the opposite.”
- Josh Lucas.
82. “Back then every small town had a gym, and if it seated more than 2,000 then we'd be interested in playing in it.”
- Bob Cousy.
83. “Me personally, I come from very, very humble beginnings - little, small town in Alabama, you know, staying at my granddaddy house.”
- Gucci Mane.
84. “You stand out too much in a small town.”
- Jen DeLuca.
85. “All rivers carry their secrets, but not every river keeps its secret forever.”
- Bernard Jan.
86. “There are things you experience growing up in a small town that create memories that last a lifetime.”
- Carlos Wallace.
Some More Quotes About Small Towns
Every once in a while, we really want to find time to go back home. If you come from a small town or live in one, these quotes will surely resonate with you.
87. “This is a small town, so everyone talks.”
- Katarina Bivald.
88. “Maybe it’s a symptom of a small town—and Gentry certainly was that—but for some, even after graduation, high school never really ends.”
- Matt Abrams.
89. “I think the perspective that small-town directors bring to films is very different.”
- Anurag Kashyap.
90. “This President takes his inspiration from the capitals of Europe; we look to the cities and small towns of America.“
- Mitt Romney.
91. “I’m not too big for this town, Dad. I never will be.”
- Jennifer Dugan.
92. “Goddamn, it’s annoying to commit crimes in a small town.”
- Andy Weir.
93. “In this town to know three languages is an unnecessary luxury.”
- Anton Chekhov.
94. “He had to submit to the fate of every newcomer in a small town, where many tongues talk but few heads think.”
- Victor Hugo.
95. “In those days, at least in my small town, parents didn't seem to worry so much about what their kids were doing as long as they made it home in time for dinner.”
- K. Martin Beckner.
96. “You can live here all your life, and still be considered an outsider.”
- E.D. Rea.
97. “Where everyone knows your name, and a safe place to raise a family.”
- Terri Haynes Roach.
98. “I know this place like I know the calluses on my hands.”
- Brenda Sutton Rose.
99. “I decide to make the most of the time we got left before she gets too big for this small town.”
- Steven Herrick
100. “‘Small town, people talk. And they have certainly been talking about you,’ he assured her with a wink.”
- Zøe Haslie.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for small town quotes then why not take a look at [hometown quotes], or childhood friends quotes.
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.