There is no space or time to stop and stare in a world characterized by agility and swiftness.
People often take breaks and go around for short trips to satisfy the urge to slow down and take in all that nature has to offer. Slowing down, therefore, rejuvenates the heart, soul, mind, and body.
The act of slowing down is necessary to live life by appreciating it. In the hurry of attaining success and materialistic benefits, people often sacrifice tranquility. The world can be perceived clearly when we experience it slowly. Here are some quotes on slowing down that would help you to appreciate life.
Best Slow Down Life Quotes
Every day, life greets us with highs and lows, ups and downs. The need to create memories and worthful living can be achieved by relishing each moment so here are some best slow down time quotes to uplift your senses.
1. "Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve,... but for those who love, time is eternity."
- Henry Van Dyke.
2. “We're a species that rushes through everything, then complains that time flies.”
- Steve Maraboli.
3. “Taking the long way home... I slow my pace down... I take a moment to just stop and look around me... For the first time in a long time, I can... smell the coffee.”
- Alexandra Potter, 'The Two Lives of Miss Charlotte Merryweather'.
4. "When I run on the beach, it's always in slow motion. That's just how I roll."
- Amber Heard.
5. “Every time we go fast, we learn to slow down our obstacles.”
- J. Ruby.
6. “Slow living is about intention, spending more time on things that are important and less on things that aren’t.”
— Brooke McAlary.
7. “Slow down and enjoy life... Because it is certainly and unexpectedly short...”
― Rodolfo Peon.
8. "To build may have to be the slow and laborious task of years. To destroy can be the thoughtless act of a single day."
- Winston Churchill.
9. "There is more to life than increasing its speed."
- Mohandas Gandhi.
10. “The slow philosophy is not about doing everything in tortoise mode. It’s less about the speed and more about investing the right amount of time and attention in the problem so you solve it."
- Carl Honoré.
11. “When I slow down, I can dive deeper—and that’s how I prefer to live.”
— Cait Flanders.
12. "Slow down and make building relationships as important as building projects."
- Greg Mortenson.
13. "Slow motion is so visually cinematic; when you create that, you create it for your audience..."
- Bill Paxton.
14. “Almost everything will work again if you unplug it for a few minutes, including you.”
– Anne Lamott.
15. "It is important from time to time to slow down,
to go away by yourself, and simply be."
- Eileen Caddy.
16. "Slow down you're doing fine... You can't be everything you want to be before your time."
- Billy Joel.
17. “I think there are only two instructions we need to follow to develop and deepen our spiritual life: slow down and let go.”
― Oriah Mountain Dreamer, 'The Dance'.
18. "It's important to slow down, every now and then, for no other reason than to call someone to say 'Hi'."
- Simon Sinek.
19. "Slow down and think about the lessons of the elders."
- Maya Soetoro-Ng.
20. “If you're short on time, don't speed up. Slow down.”
― Robert Celner.
Take It Slow Quotes
Take a break with these quotes on slowing down and savor every moment slowly to enjoy life.
21. “Take your time getting dressed this morning; read a book... The world can wait.”
– Whitney Nobis.
22. “In order to seek one’s own direction, one must simplify the mechanics of ordinary, everyday life.”
23. “Drink your tea slowly and reverently, as if it is the axis on which the world earth revolves – slowly, evenly, without rushing toward the future.”
— Thich Nhat Hanh.
24. Most days it feels as if the world is whirling around me and I am standing still. In slow motion, I watch the colors blur; people and faces all become a massive wash.
- Sarah Kay.
25. "Let thy step be slow and steady, that thou stumble not."
- Tokugawa Ieyasu.
26. “Sit quietly and listen for a voice that will say, 'Be more silent'... your soul starts to revive.”
27. "Tea time is a chance to slow down, pull back and appreciate our surroundings."
- Letitia Baldrige.
28. "Slow and steady wins the race."
- Robert Lloyd.
29. “Be not afraid of going slowly, be afraid only of standing still.”
— Chinese Proverb.
30. “I will enjoy every minute of the day that is given me to live.”
— Thich Nhat Hanh, 'Peace Is Every Step'.
31. “It always pays to dwell slowly on the beautiful things – the more beautiful the more slowly.”
32. "Slowing down is sometimes the best way to speed up."
- Mike Vance.
33. "Death. To die... The big sleep. God's way of saying, 'Slow down'."
- Patch Adams.
34. "Take it easy
Don't let the sound of your own wheels
Drive you crazy."
- Eagles, 'Take It Easy'.
35. "A brand new start
Is all we need,...Be still
Let it go."
- Kelly Clarkson, 'Be Still'.
Quotes To Enjoy Slowness In A Fast-Paced Life
With life zooming past every day and every moment, these slow down quotes are an absolute favorite and are irresistible!
36. "Come forth, and bring with you a heart that watches and receives."
37. “If people just took it a day at a time, they'd be a lot happier.”
― Richard Bachman.
38. "The beauty of art is that it allows you to slow down, and for a moment, things that once seemed unfamiliar become precious to you."
- Kehinde Wiley.
39. “If you will only pause, as you hurry through your days, take a minute to look at passersby... into their eyes, what beauty you might find woven from the life threads there.”
― Ellen Hopkins, 'Perfect'.
40. "Slow down to go faster."
- Ralph Simone.
41. "We forgot about taking the slow way."
- Michael Zadoorian, 'The Leisure Seeker'.
42. "Here one might almost say that a good walker glides... Slowness really is the opposite of haste.”
― Frédéric Gros, 'A Philosophy of Walking'.
43. "I don't want to hold you... I don't want to smell you and lose my senses and smile in slow motion with eyes in love."
- Rufus Wainwright.
44. “Never be so busy as not to think of others.”
― Mother Teresa, 'The Joy in Loving'.
45. “Go for a walk outdoors... Take time to smell the flowers that bloom in the park during the summer.”
― Skye Alexander, 'The Modern Guide to Witchcraft'.
46. “I laid in the grass one day instead of walking through my day... So maybe I should spend more time in the grass and less time on my feet.”
― Craig D. Lounsbrough.
47. “Cherish your solitude. Take trains by yourself to places you have never been. Sleep out alone under the stars. Learn how to drive a stick shift.”
– Eve Ensler.
48. "Some of the secret joys of living are not found by rushing from point A to point B, but by inventing some imaginary letters along the way."
- Douglas Pagels, 'These Are the Gifts I'd Like to Give to You'.
49. "Slowing down reminds you that the journey is supposed to be fun."
- Anne Bancroft.
50. "Fast is busy, controlling... impatient... quantity-over-quality. Slow is the opposite: calm... reflective, quality-over-quantity."
- Carl Honoré.
51. “Once in a while we can take a break from doing everything faster and quicker to reflect on who we are and where we are going.”
― Joe Plumeri, 'The Power of Being Yourself'.
52. "A man's work is nothing but this slow trek to rediscover."
- Albert Camus.
Funny And Insightful Slow Quotes
An out-of-the-box way to say slow down in life is to start your day with these insightful yet cheeky slow quotes and spread the happiness around.
53. "Drive slow and enjoy the scenery - drive fast and join the scenery."
- Douglas Horton.
54. "I see stuff from the future, and I'm such a futurist that I have to slow down and talk in the present."
- Kanye West.
55. "Life is death in slow motion."
- Henry Rollins.
56. "What I love is slowness. Slow people, slow reading, slow traveling, slow eggs, and slow love. Everything good comes slow."
- Lynne Sharon Schwartz.
57. “For fast-acting relief, try slowing down.”
— Lily Tomlin.
58. “Being in a hurry does not slow down time.”
― Mokokoma Mokhonoana.
59. “Poetry could surely slow a guy down.”
― Will Willingham, 'Adjustments'.
60. "The cure for moving too fast is just to slow down."
- William E. Coles Jr.
61. “Slow down. Life is crossing the road.”
― Debasish Mridha.
62. "Slowness is also about balance, so if you must hurry, then hurry slowly.”
— Geir Berthelsen.
63. "Slowing down...allows you to be calm enough to see things clearly.-"
- Kimi Werner.
64. “Slow and steady wins the race, not the person who wants to climb the whole stairs in one stride.”
― Michael Bassey Johnson, 'The Book of Maxims'.
65. "Let's make it last a little while."
- Nichole Nordeman, 'Slow Down'.
Favorite Slow Quotes From Celebrated Authors
Here are some favorite slow quotes that would fill your heart with the desire to follow your dreams and leave you with a sense of fulfillment at the end of the day.
66. “The first principle of all action is leisure.”
67. "I am a movie. It's always me out there in a medium close-up... A long, slow, tracking shot of my life."
- A. M. Homes.
68. "Above all, trust in the slow work of the Spirit.
We are quite naturally impatient in everything
to reach the end without delay."
- Pierre Teilhard de Chardin.
69. "The trees that are slow to grow bear the best fruit."
70. "Though nothing will bring back the hour of splendor in the grass,... we will... rather find strength in what remains behind."
- William Wordsworth.
71. “For we are all so busy, and have so many far-off projects to realize... that we can find no time for pleasure trips into the Land of Thought...”
― Robert Louis Stevenson.
72. "Be slow to fall into friendship; but when thou art in, continue firm and constant."
73. "We can make our minds so like still water... and so live for a moment with a clearer, perhaps even with a fiercer, life because of our quiet."
- William Butler Yeats.
74. “You open your eyes a little wider, and look at everything. Take it all in. Slow down. Stop trying to do everything now...”
― Cecelia Ahern, 'Thanks for the Memories'.
75. “Stop the words now. Open the window in the center of your chest, and let the spirits fly in and out.”
76. “The secret is balance: instead of doing everything faster, do everything at the right speed. Sometimes fast. Sometimes slow. Sometimes in between.”
― Carl Honoré, 'In Praise of Slowness'.
77. “Never discourage anyone who continually makes progress, no matter how slow.”
78. "I listen'd, motionless and still; And, The music in my heart I bore,... Long after it was heard no more."
- William Wordsworth.
79. "Change is slow and hard."
- John Grisham.
80. “Wisely and slow. They stumble that run fast.”
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for slow down quotes then why not take a look at keep your head up quotes, or you got this quotes.
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.