'Cowboy Bebop' (1998) is a Japanese anime series with a hybrid of multiple genres making it interesting.
Spike Spiegel is the protagonist in the fictional drama series. The whole series revolves around him and his habit of being very direct with his emotions.
There are many theories about Spike Spiegel and his death and love life. Although there were various times when Spike Spiegel faked his death, like to escape syndicate, it is implied that he did die in the end, but the creator of the show left it open-ended on purpose. He wanted people to speculate about Spike, his life, and supposed death. Fans also thought that Faye and Spike were in love, but there were no actual love angles between them as Spike is always more focused on his work ethic. Some consider Spike to be an anti-hero it, but this is a matter of perspective. While he always fights for himself with his signature customized IMI Jericho 941 pistol, and a hero is someone who fights for others, people barely know him which makes him neither anti-hero nor hero.
'Cowboy Bebop' Spike Spiegel Quotes
Spike Spiegel has the best life quotes in the world of anime. He views life as nothing but a dream and likes to take things as they come rather than worrying about what could happen. His cocky behavior makes him appear careless and stand-offish at times, but he’s got a good head on his shoulders and even better aim. Here are some interesting quotes, including Spike Spiegel dream quotes.
1. "Once, there was a tiger striped cat. This cat, died a million deaths, revived and lived a million lives. And he had various owners that he didn’t really care about, the cat wasn’t afraid to die. Then ONE day, he met a white female cat, the two of them fell in love and lived together happily. Well, the years went by and the white female cat got old and passed away. The tiger striped cat cried a million times, then he also died. But this time…..he didn’t come back."
2. "Look at my eyes, Faye. One of them is a fake because I lost it in an accident. Since then, I’ve been seeing the past in one eye and the present in the other. So, I thought I could only see patches of reality, never the whole picture."
3. "I felt like I was watching a dream I could never wake up from. Before I knew it, the dream was over."
4. "Spike Spiegel: Hey, Jet, did you know that there are three things that I hate?
Jet Black: Whatever...
Spike Spiegel: Kids... animals... and women with attitude.
Jet Black: Oh?
Spike Spiegel: So why do we have all three neatly gathered on our ship!"
5. "Don't you want to hang out and waste your life with us?"
6. "A fallen angel banished from heaven, arises into the light to be received by the benevolence of God..."
7. "I'm not going there to die. I'm going to find out if I'm really alive."
8. "I was younger then, I wasn’t afraid of anything, I didn’t think about dying for a second. I thought I was invincible. Then I met some girl. I wanted to live, I started to think like that; for the first time I was afraid of death. I had never felt like that before."
9. "We are all in the perpetual quest for keeping oneself occupied, entertained, and important—which burns at the edge of addiction."
11. "Why do people stay longer in my head than they do in my life."
12. "Since then, I have been seeing the past in one eye and the present in the other."
13. "They say hunger is the best spice."
- Spike Spiegel.
14. "Whatever happens, happens."
- Spike Spiegel.
15. "I'm watching a dream I'll never wake up from."
'Cowboy Bebop' Quotes From Other Characters
'Cowboy Bebop' is a great anime with many more wise and also hilarious quotes from the rest of the characters. Take a look at these 'Cowboy Bebop' quotes from Faye, Edward, Vicious, Jet and more!
16. "Hackers are nerdy, pasty, tubby, little geeks with triple thick glasses and this is probably a demented otaku with smelly feet. So catching him will be a breeze!."
17. "The souls that God has given us, our spirits. Our spirits, which found a way to swim through the immense network and live in the infinity of space. Is not the human body a mere shell? A form of existence all too small and weak for consciousness with such vast reach and potential."
18. "When we show fear, it jumps at us faster than light. But, if we do not show fear, it casts its eye upon us gently and then guides us into infinity."
19. "Do not fear Death. Death is always at our side."
20. "No one can draw a clear line between sane and insane. You move that line as you see fit for yourself. No one else can. You'll understand soon... that the one that's insane is this world."
21. "Ah! I never wanted to live with this regret. So, I try in every moment to not have anything that I didn’t do or try. That’s so true, when we talk to people who’re older or about to die."
22. "I don’t know if this is true. Because the growth for us is actually in overcoming those obstacles and things that make us fall. I think falling and not getting up, and the worst thing we can do to ourselves, and the lesson that I took from this."
23. "I think being weird and insanity is where all of us should try to get to."
24. "Kid: A star just fell from the sky.
Laughing Bull: That is not an ordinary star, my son. That star is the tear of a warrior.
Kid: What warrior is it?
Laughing Bull: A lost soul who has finished his battles somewhere on this planet. A pitiful soul who could not find his way to the lofty realm where the great spirit awaits us all."
25. "You know the first rule in combat? Shoot them before they shoot you."
26. "Tell me, why do you think people believe in God? Because they want to. It's not easy living in such an ugly and corrupt world... People are lost so they reach out... God didn't create humans. No, it's humans who created God."
27. "Everything has a beginning and an end. Life is just a cycle of starts and stops. There are ends we don't desire, but they're inevitable, we have to face them. It's what being human is all about."
28. "They often say that humans can't live alone, but you can live pretty long by yourself. Instead of feeling alone in a group, it's better to be alone in your solitude."
29. "Men only think about the past right before their death, as if they were searching frantically for proof that they were alive."
30. "I have no fear of death. It just means dreaming in silence. A dream that lasts for eternity."
31. "There is nothing left to believe in."
32. "In terms, of sticking to our passions, and purposes, where it makes other people think we’re insane. But I believe life is lived at its fullest potential in those moments."
33. "What are going to do, just throw your life away like it was nothing?"
- Faye Valentine.
34. "Ed: Ed will introduce Ed. Full name - Edward Wong Hau Pepelu Tivrusky the 4th.
Spike Spiegel: That's a long name."
35. "Vicious: You should see yourself. Do you have any idea what you look like right at this moment, Spike?
Spike Spiegel: What?
Vicious: A ravenous beast. The same blood runs through both of us. The blood of a beast who wanders, hunting for the blood of others.
Spike Spiegel: I've bled all that kind of blood away.
Vicious: Then why are you still alive?"
36. "Women don't work on reason."
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for Spike Spiegel Quotes For All 'Cowboy Bebop' Fans then why not take a look at anime love quotes, or Your Name quotes.
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.