Being spiritually awake doesn't mean you have to be some kind of saint or sage.
Being spiritually awake means knowing yourself and your true potential while being in your higher consciousness and deeper mental awareness. Spiritual awakening is a process that brings about a shift in one’s perspective and change in the self.
Going through a spiritual awakening usually means adjusting the way in which you perceive things. For most of us, spiritual awakening is brought about by a life-changing event. For others, it can be a more gradual change.
Quotes About Spiritual Awakening
Here are quotes about the path to being spiritually awake, like how with time people walk on the road of spirituality and find their true happiness to become a free spirit. Read on for spiritual awakening quotes.
1. "We are all equally capable of spiritual awakening."
2. "Don’t fear the light within. May it ignite the Sacred Flame in your soul."
3. "The garden is a metaphor for life, and gardening is a symbol of the spiritual path."
4. "Spirituality does not lie in meditating the body of an ex-master. Spirituality exists in mediating on your own inner body."
5. "In order to save myself, I must destroy first the me I was told to be."
6. "All the powers in the universe are already ours. It is we who have put our hands before our eyes and cry that it is dark."
7. "When we awaken to our truth, we realize we are free."
8. "Awakening is not changing who you are but discarding who you are not."
9. "If every day is an awakening, you will never grow old. You will just keep growing."
10. "I think a spiritual journey is not so much a journey of discovery. It’s a journey of recovery. It’s a journey of uncovering your own inner nature. It’s already there."
11. "The spiritual path – is simply the journey of living our lives."
12. "Once you awaken you will have no interest in judging those who sleep."
13. "Spiritual relationship is far more precious than physical. Physical relationship divorced from spiritual is body without soul."
14. "He who is free in the body, but bound in the soul is a slave; but on the contrary he who is bound in the body, but free in the soul, is truly free."
15. "Upon awakening, let the words Thank You flow from your lips, for this will remind you to begin your day with gratitude and compassion."
16. "It is reality that awakens possibilities, and nothing would be more perverse than to deny it."
17. "Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes."
18. "The awakening of the soul to its bondage and its effort to stand up and assert itself – this is called life."
19. "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
20. "Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared."
21. "You have to grow from the inside out. None can teach you, none can make you spiritual. There is no other teacher but your own soul."
22. "Forgiveness builds mental, emotional and spiritual muscles."
23. "The spiritual life does not remove us from the world but leads us deeper into it."
-Henri J.M. Nouwen.
24. "It isn’t until you come to a spiritual understanding of who you are – not necessarily a religious feeling, but deep down, the spirit within – that you can begin to take control."
25. "The more peaceful your mind is, the easier it is to realize what spirituality is."
26. "Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit."
27. "Realize deeply that the present moment is all you have. Make the now the primary focus of your life."
28. "You must understand the whole of life, not just one little part of it."
29. "Enlightenment must come little by little – otherwise it would overwhelm."
30. "It’s the action, not the fruit of the action, that’s important. You have to do the right thing."
31. "The very purpose of religion is to control yourself, not to criticize others. Rather, we must criticize ourselves."
32. "Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it."
33. "Our biological rhythms are the symphony of the cosmos, music embedded deep within us to which we dance, even when we can’t name the tune."
34. "You should never engage in action for the sake of reward, nor should you long for inaction."
35. "We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience."
-Pierre Teilhard de Chardin.
36. "The real spiritual progress of the aspirant is measured by the extent to which he achieves inner tranquility."
37. "Man is lost and is wandering in a jungle where real values have no meaning."
38. "On a spiritual journey, we all have the same destination."
-A. R. Rahman.
These quotes will help you grow in your spiritual journey. These self-growth quotes will give you the peace of mind to become spiritually awake because, in the end, it's about being spiritually awake not just awake.
39. "We can no more do without spirituality than we can do without food, shelter, or clothing."
40. "Divine desperateness is the beginning of spiritual awakening because it gives rise to the aspiration for God-realization."
41. "Great men are they who see that spiritual is stronger than any material force."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson.
42. "That is the real spiritual awakening, when something emerges from within you that is deeper than who you thought you were."
43. "The essence of a tragedy, or even of a serious play, is the spiritual awakening, or regeneration, of the hero. "
44. "The day of my spiritual awakening was the day I saw and knew I saw all things in God and God in all things. "
45. "We don’t sit in meditation to become good meditators. We sit in meditation so that we’ll be more awake in our lives."
46. "As you awaken to your divine nature, you'll begin to appreciate beauty in everything you see, touch and experience."
47. "The spiritual is inclusive. It is the deepest sense of belonging and participation."
-Rachel Naomi Remen.
48. "Want Truth more than you want to awaken and the awakening takes care of itself. "
49. "Enlightenment means waking up to what you truly are and then being that."
50. "I looked in temples churches and mosques. But I found the Divine within my heart. "
51. "Every night, when I go to sleep, I die. Every morning, when I wake up, I am reborn."
52. "Your visions will become clear only when you can look into your own heart."
53. "The more light you allow within you, the brighter the world you live in will be."
54. "Awakening begins when a man realizes that he is going nowhere and does not know where to go."
-G. I. Gurdjieff.
55. "The solution to the problem of the day is the awakening of the consciousness of humanity to the divinity within."
-Hazrat Inayat Khan.
56. "Spiritual awakening is the most essential thing in man's life, and it is the sole purpose of being."
57. "Your greatest awakening comes, when you are aware about your infinite nature."
58. "Awakening is about liberating yourself from the prison that is the world of the mind and daring to be here as all that you are."
59. "When you discover the difference between consciousness and the brain, you will discover yourself."
60. "We are not the only ones affected by our recovery. The spiritual awakening heals the world one person at a time."
61. "the person is still there, but one could almost say that something more powerful shines through the person."
62. "Each one of us has our own evolution of life, and each one of us goes through different tests which are unique and challenging."
-A. R. Rahman.
63. "You may never know what results come from your action. But if you do nothing, there will be no result."
64. "Spiritual preparedness is achieved with evolved consciousness."
65. "But eventually, all of us will make the discovery of our true nature."
66. "Everyone is on a spiritual path; most people just don’t know it."
67. "Real values can have meaning to man only when he steps on to the spiritual path, a path where negative emotions have no use."
68. "We all participate in the spiritual at all times, whether we know it or not."
-Rachel Naomi Remen.
69. "Some of us are so caught up in the drama of our day-to-day existence that we have lost track of who we really are."
70. "The awakening is finally realizing that you are a part of God, like a single cell that finally sees it is a part of you."
Inspirational Spiritual Awakening Quotes
Here are quotes about spiritual growth and spiritual awakening quotes to inspire happiness, power, and growth in your mind.
71. "Awakening means you’ve come home to yourself, that consciousness shifted back to its original nature."
72. "Question what you think is enlightenment."
73. "The awakening process is not about 'finding who you are' but more about finding out about the ego, about who you are not."
74. "One cannot proclaim words of love if the heart has yet to be awoken."
75. "Want Truth more than you want to awaken and the awakening takes care of itself."
76. "Infinity is my spiritual horizon."
77. "On the spiritual path we must become a gentle warrior--curious, kind, and alert to our own con games--whispering to ourselves, wake up."
78. "Spiritual enlightenment includes the realization that there is no ‘there’ to go to, and no one to go."
80. "It is best to emphasize again and again that spiritual awakening has nothing to do with reaching a divine state. Rather, it is the acknowledgment that every moment is about accepting life’s divinity."
81. "Spiritual enlightenment is more an opening of an eye than some illumination."
82. "The spiritual concept of love is not a feeling or emotion. It is a state of awareness."
-Anthon St. Maarten.
83. "Once you are spiritually awakened, wherever you are is the best spot from which to watch the Drama of Life; and what is happening is the best and most important scene.'
84. "The Buddha left Bodh Gaya to teach others. Jesus came out of the Judaean desert to preach. Spiritual awakening is meaningless if it does not culminate in finding your voice and speaking up for what is right."
-Anthon St. Maarten.
85. "Spiritual awakening transforms the so-called self-awareness into the realization that the Self is awareness."
86. "And once you are awake, you shall remain awake eternally."
87. "Through your awakening, you awaken others."
-Solara An Ra.
88. "You are a light that cannot darken. You are a soul that shines through. You are eternal amid the moment. You are awakening. You are love."
89. "We are ready to awaken when we don’t have any more doubts or any more questions about who we are."
90. "I experienced by the grace of God a spiritual awakening, which was to lead me to a richer, fuller, more productive life."
91. "You can have a spiritual awakening and discover a new side of you at any age. You have to believe that."
92. "Inspiration is an awakening, a quickening of all man’s faculties, and it is manifested in all high artistic achievements."
93. "If every day is an awakening, you will never grow old. You will just keep growing."
94. "The only thing I want is to awaken all humans on the planet that we are living on Mother Earth."
95. "Far from wishing to awaken the artist in the pupil prematurely, the teacher considers it his first task to make him a skilled artisan with sovereign control of his craft."
96. "Awaken its powers, and it will respect itself."
97. "When we awaken, we cannot account for the time spent."
98. "Within you lies opportunity to grow in spirit. Keep your feet on the earth, but lift your face towards the heavens."
99. "The best books for a man are not always those which the wise recommend, but often those which meet the peculiar wants, the natural thirst of his mind, and therefore awaken interest and rivet thought."
-William Ellery Channing.
100. "Man has to awaken to wonder - and so perhaps do peoples."
101. "If there are people you haven't forgiven, you're not going to really awaken. You have to let go."
102. "To awaken quite alone in a strange town is one of the pleasantest sensations in the world"
103. "No one is an environmentalist by birth. It is only your path, your life, your travels that awaken you."
104. "We awaken in others the same attitude of mind we hold toward them."
105. "If I were to awaken after having slept for a thousand years, my first question would be: Has the Riemann hypothesis been proven?"
Profound Quotes On Spiritual Awakening
These quotes will help you to understand what really being spiritually awake means, to really understand the real power of it.
106. "Without change, something sleeps inside us, and seldom awakens. The sleeper must awaken."
107. "Awakening is usually precipitated by the honest, sincere, inquiry into who you really are."
108. "Awakening begins when a man realizes that he is going nowhere and does not know where to go."
-G. I. Gurdjieff.
109. "When we awaken to our truth, we realize we are free."
110. "A religious awakening which does not awaken the sleeper to love has roused him in vain."
111. "Awakening into love is a lifelong path."
- David Simon.
112. "No great spiritual awakening has begun anywhere in the world apart from united prayer."
-J. Edwin Orr.
113. "Is not civilization, in all its tragic forms, a supreme motive for spiritual awakening? "
114. "Even loss and betrayal can bring us awakening."
115. "We are near awakening when we dream that we dream"
116. "An awakening can happen in a flash. And in a flash, you are changed forever."
117. "Awakening your spiritual side is really what artists do. When you hit a groove, it’s not you; it’s the spirit world."
118. "Life gives you exactly what you need to awaken."
-T. Scott McLeod.
119. "Life is a series of awakenings."
120. "The biggest awakening is the awakening from the childish deceptions and the invented tales of the religion."
-Mehmet Murat ildan.
121. "We are all born to fly. Instead, we sit on the branches afraid of the leap into the unknown. But the unknown is where enlightenment lives. Our true nature is the unknown."
122. "The essence of death is discovered in the gap between one moment ceasing and another one beginning. That essence is the wakefulness that is our true nature."
123. "It is not you as the ego who moves through life, but that life flows before you, and you are the immutable awareness containing it all."
124. "The universe is always delivering to us what we need for a spiritual awakening."
-Erin Fall Haskell.
125. "You possess a great soul, awaken the spirit."
-Lailah Gifty Akita.
126. "Sometimes, it becomes necessary for you to hit the bottom, and hit really hard that it awakens you."
127. "All religions are born from individual experiences of divine awakening, not from some books."
128. "Subject and object are not separate—so-called objective reality is projected by our subjective Consciousness."
-Joseph P. Kauffman.
129. "When she met Rudra, it was as if she had just awakened to the world and discovered its wonder. She knew a lot about dreams and a little about wickedness."
-Neena H. Brar.
130. "A new consciousness has been emerging through the age of Aquarius, and a rapid spiritual awakening is occurring, which science, and organized religions have not yet fully tapped into."
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for Spiritual Awakening Quotes then why not take a look at be true to yourself quotes, or soul searching quotes.
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.