St. Patrick's Day is celebrated on 17 March every year.
Good luck and the four-leaf clover is often associated with St. Patrick and St. Patrick's day. This is because St. Patrick is said to have driven away all the snakes from Ireland, bringing the country much peace and luck.
In addition to these St. Patrick's day quotes to celebrate the season, do have a look at [new year funniest quotes] and [leprechaun quotes].
St. Patrick's Day Quotes On Luck
The whole world is Irish when it comes to luck. The heart of an Irishman is indeed lucky. Which is why Saint Patricks' day is a day to celebrate and raise a glass! So read on these St. Patrick's day jokes quotes, and the Irish blessing may just reach you yet.
1. "I have noticed that timing and luck sometimes line up in such a way that you can catch a break."
2. "Luck is great, but most of life is hard work."
-Iain Duncan Smith.
3. “I’ve always believed in luck. I love the fact that people can change their lives instantly,"
-Fiona Barton, 'The Widow'.
4. "Luck was a mechanism to be devised, and luck and destiny were merely two sides of the same coin,"
-Amanda Foody, 'King of Fools'.
5. "One thought of the shamrock makes the whole world akin."
6. "Don't throw away luck on little stuff. Save it up."
- Tim O' Brien, 'The Things they Carried.'
7. "The amount of good luck coming your way depends on your willingness to act."
8. “When it comes to luck you make your own,"
-Bruce Springsteen, 'Lucky Town'.
9. "Lighten up, just enjoy life, smile more, laugh more, and don't get so worked up about things."
10. "A good friend is like a four-leaf clover, hard to find and lucky to have. "
- Irish proverb.
11. "Luck is believing you're lucky,"
- Williams, 'A Streetcar named Desire'.
12. "Never iron a four-leaf clover, because you don't want to press your luck."
13. "The best luck is the one you make for yourself."
-Douglas Mac Arthur.
14. "The only sure thing about luck is that it will change."
15. "You gotta try your luck at least once a day, because you could be going around lucky all day and not even know it."
16. "'When Fortune knocks, open the door,' they say. But why should one make fortune knock, by keeping the door shut?'"
-Irdeis Shah,'Caravan of Dreams'.
17. "You've got to think lucky. If you fall into a mudhole, check your back pocket—you might have caught a fish."
18. “Luck is not chance / It’s Toil / Fortune’s expensive smile / Is earned"
-Emily Dickinson, 'Luck is not Earned'.
19. "Luck is a matter of preparation meeting opportunity."
-Lucius Annaeus Seneca.
20. "We are all a great deal luckier than we realize, we usually get what we want—or near enough,”
-Roald Dahl, 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory'.
Irish Blessings For St. Patrick's Day
This summer season, may your blessings outnumber the shamrocks that grow around us, and we hope the Irish blessing may come to you with these St. Patrick's day quotes. Just as a four-leaf clover is hard to find, Irish sayings may be difficult to look for too. But fear not, we have compiled the best St. Patrick's day funny quotes and Irish saying for you to read!
21. "May everything turn green today, except your gills!"
-Lester B. Dill.
22. "May you live as long as you want, and never want as long as you live."
23. "May the light always find you on a dreary day."
24. "May the Good Lord take a liking to you... but not too soon!"
25. "May the blessings of each day, be the blessings you need most."
26. "May your pockets be heavy and your heart be light. May good luck pursue you each morning and night."
- Irish Blessing.
27. "Health and a long life to you. Land without rent to you. A child every year to you."
28. "May the best day of your past be the worst day of your future."
- Irish Blessing.
29. "May the road rise up to meet you. May the wind be always at your back. "
- Ellie Kemper.
30. "May you live all the days of your life"
31. "May your blessings outnumber the shamrocks that grow. And may trouble avoid you wherever you go."
- Irish Blessing.
32. "Here's health to your enemies' enemies!"
33. "May your neighbors respect you, trouble neglect you, the angels protect you, and heaven accept you."
34. "Always remember to forget the troubles that passed away. But never forget to remember the blessings that come each day."
35. "May the strength of three be in your journey."
36. "May your troubles be less, and your blessings be more, and nothing but happiness come through your door"
37. "May the luck of the Irish possess you. May the devil fly off with your worries. May God bless you forever and ever."
St. Patrick's Day Quotes About Ireland And The Irish
When reading about St. Patrick's day, one can give many an Irish proverb a good read - because how can we separate St. Patricks's day from Ireland and the Irish sayings? There is also many an Irish saying listed below for you to share with your family and friends - so don't hold back!
38. "Ireland has always been the home of the dreamer, the poet and the story teller."
39. "Love is never defeated, and I could add, the history of Ireland proves it."
-Pope John Paul II.
40. "There is no language like the Irish for soothing and quieting."
-John Millington Synge.
41. "And if you can't go to heaven, may you at least die in Ireland."
42. "The reason the Irish are fighting each other is because they have no other opponents."
43. "If you're Irish, it doesn't matter where you go—you'll find family."
44. "The list of Irish saints is past counting; but in it all no other figure is so human, friendly, and lovable as St. Patrick."
45. “This microscopic nation in the Atlantic has little economic or political clout in the world. But somehow, Ireland’s influence seems to pop up everywhere, whether you prefer to travel in the realms of high or low culture.”
46. "We may have bad weather in Ireland, but the sun shines in the hearts of the people and that keeps us all warm."
47. "Slave, bishop and saint – it’s fair to say that the man we call Patrick had an unusual life."
48. "Ireland is a land of poets and legends, of dreamers and rebels."
49. "Whether I drink often or just once in a while; I'm always sure to raise a glass to the dear old Emerald Isle."
50. "The heart of an Irishman is nothing but his imagination."
-George Bernard Shaw, 'The Heart'.
51. "Leprechauns, castles, good luck and laughter. Lullabies, dreams and love ever after. A thousand welcomes when anyone comes...That's the Irish for You!"
-Leprechaun saying, Cedric Kelly, '202 Irish Quotes, Proverbs and Sayings'.
52. "St. Patrick's Day is an enchanted time — a day to begin transforming winter s dreams into summer's magic. "
53. "That's what the holidays are for — for one person to tell the stories and another to dispute them. Isn't that the Irish way? "
-Lara Flynn Boyle.
54. "St. Patrick’s Day is a day to celebrate our green heritage - the ancestry of Ireland. It is a day to celebrate what it means to be Irish and of Irish descent."
-Anthony T. Hicks.
*Do you know where this quote originated? Please email us to let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for this article then why not take a look at celebration quotes, or Valentine's day quotes for kids.
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.