'Star Trek' is one of the most popular and highly-rated media franchises of America from the 1960s, which was created by Gene Roddenberry.
This celebrated franchise is widely loved throughout the world by all generations. It not only consists of a television series that was aired on NBC called 'The Original Series' but also has its very own film franchise.
The plot is about the various adventures of a powerful interstellar vessel named Starship USS Enterprise and its crew members. It gained popularity because it sends the message that it is cool to be smart. The show's futuristic view emanates optimism and focuses more on intelligence rather than looks. The first series may have been a long time ago, but since then, 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' came in and ruled the hearts of people in the '80s. 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' is still referred to as one of the best 'Star Trek' series.
Fans of the franchise are known as Trekkies. So, if you're a Trekkie and are looking for a cosmic 'Star Trek' inspired name for your little angel, here's a list of some of the best names curated specially for you from 'Star Trek: The Original Series' as well as 'Star Trek: The Next Generation', 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine', and all the movies.
Male Baby Names From 'Star Trek'
Here's a list of names for a baby boy from 'Star Trek'.
1. Alexander (Greek origin) meaning "defending men" is the son of the Klingon Worf and a member of the House of Mogh.
2. Azan (Hebrew origin) meaning "peace " is a civilian passenger in the USS Voyager.
3. Bareil (French origin) meaning "barrel" is the name of Bareil Antos who is a Bajoran Religious Leader.
4. Bones (Norman origin) meaning "cartilage of the sternum" Leonard McCoy.
5. Boothby (Old Danish origin) meaning "hut" is a civilian groundskeeper in Starfleet Academy.
6. Boimler (Fictional origin) meaning unknown is the name of Brad Boimler is an Ensign in USS Cerritos.
7. Brunt (English origin) meaning "burnt" is a Civilian resident in Ferengi.
8. Bryce (English origin) meaning "force" is the name of R.A. Bryce who is a Lieutenant in USS Discovery. It is one of the most common baby names used.
9. Chakotay (American origin) meaning "the man who walks the earth but who only sees the sky" was Captain Janeway's, right-hand man.
10. Christopher (English origin) meaning "Anointed" is the name of Christopher Pike who was the first captain of the Enterprise who was eventually promoted to fleet captain.
11. Colt (Middle English origin) meaning "young horse" is J. M. Colt USS who was a Yeoman in Enterprise.
12. Data (English origin) meaning "transmissible and storable computer information" is a sentient A.I. who is the funniest supporting crew member ever in Franchise.
13. Doctor (Latin origin) meaning "to teach" is the most popular character in the "Voyager" who was a sarcastic and overworking medical hologram.
14. Dolim (Middle English origin) meaning "grief" is a Xindi-Reptilian Commander of the Xindi Council.
15. Dukat (Old Italian origin) meaning "leader" is a Religious Cardassia Leader in Freighter.
16. Evek (Fictional origin) meaning unknown is a Cardassian Commanding Officer of CMS Vetar.
17. Geordi (Greek origin) meaning "farmer" is an engineer in The Enterprise-D who had helped Data learn how to be more human.
18. Harry (Germanic origin) meaning "home-ruler" is the name of Harry Kim who was an ensign and a friend of Paris on the Enterprise.
19. Hikaru (Japanese origin) meaning "to shine" is the name of Hikaru Sulu who was the captain of the Excelsior.
20. Jean-Luc (Hebrew origin) meaning "God is gracious" is the name of legendary 'Star Trek' character Jean-Luc Picard who was a commanding officer, a diplomat, and a scholar. It is one of the most common nerdy boy names.
21. Jonathan (Hebrew origin) meaning "to give" is the name of Jonathan Archer who was a captain in Starfleet.
22. Joseph (Latin origin) meaning "He will add" is a Lieutenant and an Engineering Officer of the USS Voyager.
23. Julian (Latin origin) meaning "Youthful" is the name of Julian Bashir; Chief Medical Officer of Deep Space Nine.
24. Kirk (Scottish origin) meaning "church" is James Kirk who was the original captain and first officer.
25. Leonard (Germanic origin) meaning "brave lion" is the name of Leonard McCoy who was the chief medical officer for the Enterprise.
26. Malcolm (Gaelic origin) meaning "disciple of Saint Columba"; the name of Malcolm a valuable engineer of the Enterprise.
27. Michael (Hebrew origin) meaning "who is like God?" is a Commander and Science Officer in USS Discovery and USS Shenzhou.
28. Miles (Norman origin) meaning "Who is like God?" an invaluable member of Starfleet. A great choice in geeky names.
29. Neelix (American origin) meaning "Voyager" is a chef in Starfleet. It is one of the best baby names.
30. Odo (French origin) meaning "possessor of wealth" a very important character in 'Star Trek'.
31. Pavel (Russian origin) meaning "small" is the name of Pavel Chekov one of the members of the original Enterprise crew.
32. Phillip (Greek origin) meaning "horse-loving" is the name of Phillip Boyce, a Chief Medical Officer in the USS Enterprise.
33. Phlox (American origin) meaning "kind of plant with showy flowers" a medical officer.
34. Quark (Slavonic origin) meaning "cottage cheese" was an amoral mafia who later becomes a valuable ally to Sisko.
35. Reginald (Latin origin) meaning "advice" is the name of Reginald Barclay an Engineering Officer in the Enterprise.
36. Riker (Danish origin) meaning "strong power" is the first officer of the Enterprise.
37. Scotty (Scottish origin) meaning "Scotsman" is the name of Montgomery, who was an engineer of the Enterprise.
38. Seven (English origin) meaning "a number that is one more than six" is the name of Seven of Nine.
39. Sisko (Greek origin) meaning "overweight" is the name of Benjamin Sisko who was the commander of Deep Space Nine.
40. Spock (Scandinavian origin) meaning "maker Of wheels" a Vulcan commanding officer of the Enterprise.
41. Tom (Greek origin) meaning "innocence" is the name of Tom Paris a crew member of the Enterprise.
42. Travis (French origin) meaning "traverser" is the name of Travis Mayweather another important crew member.
43. Trip (French origin) meaning "to tread" is the nickname of Charles Tucker III a right-hand man of Archer.
44. Tuvok (Fictional origin) meaning unknown; a loyal friend of Janeway and who was a Vulcan.
45. Vic (Latin origin) meaning "victory" is a Holographic Entertainer in Deep Space Nine.
46. Wesley (Anglo-Norman origin) meaning "a field to the West" is the name of Wesley Crusher a super-genius kid who had saved the Enterprise on countless occasions.
47. Worf (Fictional origin) meaning unknown, is a Klingon lieutenant who was a vital part of the Starfleet crew.
Female Baby Names From Star Trek
Here's a list of sci-fi names for a baby girl from 'Star Trek'.
48. Agnes (Greek origin) meaning "pure" is a cyberneticist of the Daystrom Institute.
49. Airiam (Urdu origin) meaning "wished for child" is a Commander at the USS Discovery. One of the best space names for girls.
50. Amanda (Latin origin) meaning "deserving to be loved" is the name of Amanda Grayson a civilian Vulcan resident.
51. Ayala (Hebrew origin) meaning "female deer" is the name of Ayala Tarik Ergin, a Security Officer of the USS Voyager.
52. B'Elanna (Roman origin) meaning "goddess of war" is the name of B'Elanna Torres a human and Klingon hybrid lieutenant.
53. Beverly (English origin) meaning "beaver" is the name of Beverly Crusher who was a compassionate medic, a capable fighter, and a leader.
54. Christine (Greek origin) meaning "anointed" is the name of Christine Chapel a Medical Officer of Starfleet Command in the Enterprise.
55. Deanna (Latin origin) meaning "Fertile" is the name of Deanna Troi who served as a counselor on a ship.
56. Gabrielle (French origin) meaning "God is my strong man" is the name of Gabrielle an Intelligence Operative and Astrophysicist.
57. Hoshi (Japanese origin) meaning "star" is the name of Hoshi Sato who was a Com Officer in the ship. One of the most popular 'Star Trek' characters.
58. Jadzia (Polish origin) meaning "battle" is the name of Jadzia Dax, a crew member who is also a is a joined Trill.
59. Kathryn (Greek origin) meaning "pure" is the name of Kathryn Janeway who is the captain of the Star Trek Voyager.
60. Katrina (German origin) meaning "pure" who was an Admiral of Starfleet Command.
61. Keiko (Japanese origin) meaning "happy child" is the wife of Miles O'Brien who was a civilian botanist on the Enterprise and a primary school teacher in the Deep Space Nine.
62. Kes (European origin) meaning "to cut" is a Medic in the USS Star Trek Voyager.
63. Kira (Irish origin) meaning "black" is one of the 'Star Trek' woman Federation members on DS9.
64. Kimara (Fictional origin) meaning "twin of myself" is a Romulan Representative and Senator in 'Deep Space Nine'.
65. Megan (Anglo-Saxon origin) meaning "strong" is the name of Chief Medical Officer Megan Cole in the Enterprise.
66. Molly (English origin) meaning "of the sea" is the name of Molly O'Brien who was born to Miles and Keiko O'Brien on the Enterprise, and was delivered by Worf.
67. Nyota (Swahili origin) meaning "Stars" is the name of Nyota Uhura who was put briefly in charge of the Enterprise on a rescue mission in the animated series.
68. Soji (Yoruba origin) meaning "renaissance" is the name of Soji Asha who is a Romulan Anthropologist in the Reclamation Site.
69. Tasha (Greek origin) meaning "resurrection" is the name of Natasha Yar Oh, who was the chief of security on the Starfleet starship on the Enterprise. She carries the rank of lieutenant.
70. T'Pol (Fictional origin) meaning "commander" is the first Vulcan Starfleet officer.
Kidadl has lots of great baby names articles to inspire you. If you liked our suggestions for Star Trek Names then why not take a look at Moon Related Names, or for something different take a look at Basque Names.
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.