Silly and stupid sayings can lift the mood of the day sometimes!
“I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it.” Wise words said by Edith Sitwell, as it’s okay to be silly sometimes.
We’re all humans, and cracking stupid and silly jokes can be seen as a normal human tendency. It’s as normal as us laying down 100+ stupidity quotes and silly sayings to keep you wise.
Stupidity is a trait, stupidity is a quality, stupidity is a feeling, stupidity is silly, stupidity is fun, in fact stupidity is much more than you can imagine. There is a famous saying by George Bernard Shaw, "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups". Whether it be a man or a woman, human stupidity has no bounds and can extend to an entire region. This is the reason that the best stupidity quotes are read and appreciated by all common people in the universe. So that’s exactly what we did! Scroll down to check out quotes from Albert Einstein, Oscar Wilde, and more sayings on common sense, evil, the universe and more.
If you like this article, make sure you also check our articles on [silly quotes] and [clever quotes] as you finish with this one.
Quotes About Stupidity And Arrogance
Stupidity is something that transcends countries and cultures. As a matter of fact stupidity is omnipresent. Here are the best funny quotes about stupidity and ignorance which will make you laugh on any occasion, on any day, and at any time. Whether you are a man or a woman, stupidity quotes are enjoyed by everyone. These real stupidity quotes can make any person laugh and rejoice enough on any given day.
1. “Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can’t see.”
2. “Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the former.”
- Albert Einstein.
3. “If Cinderella’s shoe fit perfectly, then why did it fall off?”
4. “To be stupid, selfish, and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost.”
- Gustave Flaubert.
5. “Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, you’ll be a mile from them, and you’ll have their shoes.”
- Jack Handey.
6. “I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it.”
- Edith Sitwell.
7. “It’s so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don’t say it.”
8. “Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
- Martin Luther King Jr.
9. “I fear one day I’ll meet God; he’ll sneeze and I won’t know what to say.”
10. “We are in danger of destroying ourselves by our greed and stupidity. We cannot remain looking inwards at ourselves on a small and increasingly polluted and overcrowded planet.”
- Stephen Hawking.
11. “My biggest fear about becoming a zombie is all the walking that I’d have to do.”
12. “If Stupidity got us into this mess, then why can’t it get us out?”
- Will Rogers.
13. “My grandpa started walking five miles a day when he was 60. Now he’s 97 years old and we have no clue where he is.”
14. “When you see a couple walking down the street holding hands and laughing, you look over to your side and the only thing you’re holding is a half-eaten sandwich.”
- Violet Matters.
15. “After twelve years of therapy my psychiatrist said something that brought tears to my eyes. He said, ‘No hablo ingles.’”
- Ronnie Shakes.
16. “Whatever it is -- I didn’t do it!”
17. “If I have brought any message today, it is this: Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity. Be fools for Christ. And have the courage to suffer the contempt of the sophisticated world.”
- Antonin Scalia.
18. “It is an obvious and blatant stupidity beyond my ability to articulate how dumb it is for us not to teach our children how to run the government.”
- Richard Dreyfuss.
19. “Seriousness is stupidity sent to college.”
- P. J. O’Rourke.
20. “If pessimism is despair, optimism is cowardice and stupidity. Is there any need to choose between them?”
- Francis Parker Yockey.
21. “I started the week with a big box of patience. The box is empty now.”
22. “A compromise is an agreement whereby both parties get what neither of them wanted.”
23. “Knock knock who’s there? a broken pencil. a broken pencil who? never mind it’s pointless.”
24. “I can only please one person a day. today isn’t your day. tomorrow doesn’t look good either.”
25. “Sometimes i listen to the stranger’s conversation and mentally give my opinion.”
26. “If you don’t understand my silence how will you understand my words?”
27. “If being awesome was a crime, I would be serving a life sentence.”
28. “Old people at weddings always poke me and say you’re next so I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.”
29. “I am responsible for what I say but I’m not responsible for what you understand.”
30. “No matter how smart you are, you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.”
Famous Wise Stupidity Quotes
Here are a few quotes by leaders and public figures of the world that will appeal to your intelligence and common sense, if you enjoy them with an open mind. Do not form an opinion before you have read them all and never underestimate their potential. You can enjoy these stupidity quotes enough with an open mind on any day.
31. “Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”
32. “If people did not sometimes do silly things, nothing intelligent would ever get done.”
- Ludwig Wittgenstein.
33. “Whenever a man does a thoroughly stupid thing, it is always from the noblest motives.”
- Oscar Wilde.
34. “I didn’t like the idea of being foolish, but I learned pretty soon that it was essential to fail and be foolish.”
- Daniel Day-Lewis.
35. “Most of us would be upset if we were accused of being ‘silly.’ But the word ‘silly’ comes from the old English word ‘Selig,’ and its literal definition is ‘to be blessed, happy, healthy and prosperous.’”
- Zig Ziglar.
36. “Until you’re ready to look foolish, you’ll never have the possibility of being great.”
37. “People do not wish to appear foolish; to avoid the appearance of foolishness, they are willing to remain actually fools.”
- Alice Walker.
38. “Make yourself look really stupid so you don’t feel bad doing something a little stupid.”
- Mark Hoppus.
39. “When a stupid man is doing something, he is ashamed of, he always declares that it is his duty.”
- George Bernard Shaw.
40. “Every time I do something silly, it comes off really funny because it’s naturally.”
- Shaquille O’Neal.
41. “People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.”
- A. A. Milne.
42. “Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.”
- Alan Dundes.
43. “Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed.”
- Albert Einstein.
44. “At every party there are two kinds of people – those who want to go home and those who don’t. The trouble is, they are usually married to each other.”
- Ann Landers.
45. “To be clever enough to get a great deal of money, one must be stupid enough to want it.”
- George Bernard Shaw.
46. “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.”
- Bernard Baruch.
47. “Money won’t buy happiness, but it will pay the salaries of a large research staff to study the problem.”
- Bill Vaughan.
48. “Inside me there’s a thin person struggling to get out, but I can usually sedate him with four or five cupcakes.”
- Bob Thaves.
49. “But the fact that some geniuses were laughed at does not imply that all who are laughed at are geniuses. They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright Brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown.”
- Carl Sagan.
50. “Starbucks says they are going to start putting religious quotes on cups. The very first one will say, ‘Jesus! This cup is expensive!’”
- Conan O’Brien.
Funny Silly Stupidity Quotes
It takes two to tango your common sense and intelligence to appreciate silly quotes as there is no intention to spread any malice through them. Here are some more funny quotes that any person with an open mind and intelligence would certainly cherish.
51. “The problem with educating stupid people was that they didn’t know they were stupid. The same went for curing crazy people.”
- Chuck Palahniuk.
52. “Stupid people will mistake your confidence for arrogance.”
- Habeeb Akande.
53. “The problem with the world is that everyone does not have a brain, but everyone does have a tongue.”
- Raheel Farooq.
54. “Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
- Mark Twain.
55. “Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped.”
- Elbert Hubbard.
56. “There is no sin except stupidity.”
- Oscar Wilde.
57. “It is so pleasant to come across people more stupid than ourselves. We love them at once for being so.”
- Jerome K. Jerome.
58. “Stupid people do make me lose my temper and most people are stupid, fortunately for me. It’s made it easier for me to make a living.”
- Albert Gubay.
59. “Most people would sooner die than start to think. In fact - they do so.”
- Bertrand Russell.
60. “Unintelligent people always look for a scapegoat.”
- Ernest Bevin.
61. “It costs to be stupid. The stupider you are, the more it costs.”
- Sherrill Brown.
62. “On the internet you can be anything you want. It’s strange that so many people choose to be stupid.”
63. “The downside of playing dumb is that you sound dumb.”
- Rachel Maddow.
64. “We live in the era of smart phones and stupid people.”
65. “Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.”
- George Benard Shaw.
66. “Stupidity is not a crime. you’re free to go.”
67. “Stupidity makes you dangerous--to yourself and everyone around you.”
- Jennifer Lee Carrell.
68. “Scientists say the world is made of protons, neutrons and electrons. they forgot to mention morons.”
69. “A stupid man’s report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.”
- Bertrand Russell.
70. “Life is hard, but it’s harder if you’re stupid.”
- Michael Crichton.
71. “A stupid man-the most dangerous animal of all.”
- Ariana Franklin.
72. “It is better to be poor and walk-in integrity than to be stupid and speak lies.”
73. “Evil isn’t the real threat to the world. stupid is just as destructive as evil, maybe more so, and it’s a hell of a lot more common. what we really need is a crusade against stupid. that might actually make a difference.”
- Jim Butcher.
Evil Stupid Quotes To Tickle Your Common Sense
On one side there is good and on the other side there is evil. There is a little difference between the two. But now there is a new side where there is stupidity. Quotes on stupidity are to be dealt with light heartedly and not with any malice. Moreover, one can definitely talk about stupidity by cracking evil stupid jokes. So, here’s a few stupid quotes that were spoken unintentionally and should not make any difference to your opinion as you can share them with your friends.
74. “What is the only flaw of being intelligent?…that you have to deal with stupid people.”
75. “He’s a guy who gets up at 6 a.m. regardless of what time it is.”
- Lou Duve.
76. “My Aunt is having a daughter, hope it is a girl.”
77. “My sister’s expecting a baby, and I don’t know if I’m going to be an uncle or an aunt.”
- Chuck Nevitt.
78. “Someone comes to my house and asks me, “Where do you live?” it is at these moments question the intelligence of the human race.”
79. “I think if we tell people that the brain is an app, they will start using it.”
80. “There are more airplanes in the water than there are submarines in the sky.”
81. “I’m very cleaver, made a hole in my fridge door to ensure light goes off when I close it.”
82. “So, we were given a 50-page assignment to write an essay on save trees. Photocopied in 10 places.”
83. “What did one cat say to the other cat...Nothing cats don’t talk. Meow.”
85. “My wife tells me that if I ever decide to leave, she is coming with me.”
- Jon Bon Jovi.
86. “Smoking kills. If you’re killed, you’ve lost a very important part of your life.”
- Brooke Shields.
88. “It isn’t pollution that is hurting the environment, it’s the impurities in our air and water that are doing it.”
- Dan Quayle.
89. “I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I have ever known.”
- Walt Disney.
90. “If a cricketer, for example, suddenly decided to go into a school and batter a lot of people to death with a cricket bat, which he could do very easily, I mean, are you going to ban cricket bats?”
- Prince Philip, ‘Duke Of Edinburgh’.
91. “I can eat a man, but I’m not sure of the fibre content.”
- Jenny Éclair.
92. “Bill Dickey is teaching me his experience.”
- Yogi Berra.
93. “There are much easier things in life than finding a good man. Nailing Jell-O to a tree, for instance.”
94. “Don’t blame yourself. Let me do it!”
95. “I couldn’t repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder!”
96. “The fact that no one understands you doesn’t mean you’re an artist.”
97. “Make it idiot proof and someone will create a better idiot.”
98. “Nice perfume. Do you have to marinade in it?”
99. “Stupid is as stupid does.”
100. “Support bacteria, they are the only culture some people have.”
101. “I don’t know what your problem is, but I bet it is hard to pronounce.”
102. “Those who laugh last thinks slowest.”
103. “The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity.”
*Do you know where these quotes originate? We'd love to hear from you at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for stupidity quotes and silly sayings to keep you wise then why not take a look at be nice quotes], or stay humble quotes.
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.