Sugar is an irresistible staple that often gets us in trouble, but we eat it anyway as it gives us pleasure.
Sugar is an essential staple of our life, which we consume daily. Even people who shouldn't consume that much find it hard to resist themselves.
There are many edible foods made out of sugar, such as candies, cotton candy, gummy bears, ice-creams, soft drinks, juice, sweets, chocolates, jellies, cakes, cookies, and the list goes on. Everyone likes at least one of these sugar variants because it’s a staple. Continue reading to discover some amazing sugar quotes.
It is said that sugar has certain element to it that make it addictive and challenging if you're trying to diet. Even people who diet wait for their cheat day earnestly eat sugar-coated sweets. Here are few sugar quotes that might make you sweet and also make you wonder why you had sugar in the first place. Every country, state, culture, and religion have their signature way to make and consume sugar sweets, and this tradition has been passed on from centuries to centuries.
Incredible Sugar Quotes
Sugar is a common guilty pleasure of many. Likewise, sugar quotes are also enjoyed by everyone. Here are few incredible sugar quotes that you will certainly enjoy.
1. “Everybody’s got their poison, and mine is sugar.”
- Derrick Rose.
2. “I fought Sugar Ray Robinson so many times, it’s a wonder I don’t have diabetes.”
- Jake LaMotta.
3. “I try to not eat as much sugar, but it’s so hard in our American diet to do that...It’s hard to completely avoid.”
- Tom Brady.
4. “When I was little, I wasn’t allowed to put sugar on my breakfast cereal because it made me so hyper.”
- Dan O’Brien.
5. “If God hadn’t meant for us to eat sugar, he wouldn’t have invented dentists.”
- Ralph Nader.
6. “I give you bitter pills, in a sugar coating. The pills are harmless - the poisons in the Sugar.”
- James St James.
7. “No candy bars unless I’ve had a low blood sugar where I’m shaky.”
- Mary Tyler Moore.
8. “Every diabetic has foods that won’t work for them sending your blood sugar soaring. Mine are pancakes and soda.”
- Nick Jonas.
Amazing Quotes About Sugar
Sugar is to live and die for. It is the sweetest and the worst addiction ever. Life is incomplete without sugar in it. Beware of sweets and sugar. Read along for sugar coat quotes and some other interesting sugar sayings made for you.
9. “I love dessert. All kinds. But there’s something about ice cream that makes me happy. I am drawn to its simplicity...I am perplexed by the endless supply of constantly growing flavor options. And I am always in the mood for sprinkles and a sugar cone.”
- Rachel Nichols.
10. “Sugar brings happiness. Eating it once or twice a week in a dessert, that’s what life is about. There is nothing wrong with it.”
- Adriano Zumbo.
11. “Real connection and intimacy is like a meal, not a sugar fix.”
- Kristin Armstrong.
12. “Sugar does make people happy, but then you fall off the edge after a few minutes, so I’ve really pretty much cut it out of my diet. Except for cupcakes. I like those.”
- David Lynch.
13. “Every man, woman and child consumes, on average, 43 teaspoons of Sugar a day. In 13 days, that adds up to a five-pound bag of Sugar.”
- John Mackey.
14. “You don’t want to always put a bunch of sugar in you. Because your sugar gets high, it gets stuck in your blood, it gets stuck in your system. It makes you tired. You have the ups and downs.”
- Richard Sherman Always.
15. “I love to eat - Kit Kats or cookies-and-cream ice cream. I need sugar like five times a day.”
- Kim Kardashian.
16. “Sugar. Sugar, it just makes my heart race. It makes my moods swing up and down. I don’t like myself on sugar. I like being kind of even. So I quit coffee this year too.”
- Gillian Anderson.
17. “If you have acid in food, you need to sugar it. At a high temperature, the acids are changed to sugar.”
- Paul Prudhomme.
18. “Come on over here with that sugar sticky sweet stuff.”
19. “Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down.”
- Richard M Sherman.
20. “My pickup line is “slow down sugar, I’m a diabetic!”
- Jonas Brothers.
21. “Just a spoon full of sugar make it better real quick.”
22. “Just when you’re beginning to think pretty well of people, you run across somebody who puts sugar on sliced tomatoes.”
- Will Cuppy.
23. “I went to the bank and asked to borrow a cup of money. They said, “What for?” I said, “I’m going to buy some sugar.”
- Stephen Wright.
24. “I seek constantly to improve my manners and graces, for they are the sugar to which all are attracted.”
- Og Mandino.
25. “The ability to deal with people is as purchasable a commodity as sugar or coffee and I will pay more for that ability than for any other under the sun.”
- John D. Rockefeller.
26. “Sweet as sugar, hard as ice. Hurt me once, I’ll kill you twice.”
- Jeffree Star.
27. “Some of the largest companies are now using brain scans to study how we react neurologically to certain foods, especially to sugar. They’ve discovered that the brain lights up for sugar the same way it does for cocaine...”
- Michael Moss.
28. “I consume too much sugar. It’s a problem, I need to stop.”
- Kevin Jonas.
29. “Every cookie is a sugar cookie. A cookie without Sugar is a cracker.”
- Gary Gulman.
30. “Sugar and caffeine. My willpower crumbled.”
- Rick Riordan.
31. “For honesty coupled to beauty, is to have honey a sauce to sugar.”
- William Shakespeare.
32. “Ecstasy is a glass full of tea and a piece of sugar in the mouth.”
- Alexander Pushkin.
33. “Life is like a cup of tea, the sugar is all at the bottom!”
- Julia Ward Howe.
34. “An overdose of praise is like 10 lumps of sugar in coffee; only a very few people can swallow it.”
- Emily Post.
35. “The world is made of sugar and dirt.”
- Alfred Doblin.
36. “Sugar candy tasted better than bitter truth.”
- Toba Beta.
37. “Because sugar is not arsenic, many graves are full.”
- Idries Shah.
38. “Sugar is responsible for a lot of deaths. Arguably more than crack cocaine.”
- Guy Ritchie.
39. “Sugar and chocolate, anything that boosts your serotonin levels, is something people, I think, crave.”
- Dylan Lauren.
40. “You need a good, healthy diet - it’s about finding out what your body needs. Sugar is a disaster for skin, as is white flour.”
- Thandie Newton.
41. “Sugar is not so sweet to the palate as sound to the healthy ear.”
- Ralph Waldo Emerson.
42. “Sugar is more present in America or England than it is in France. I think there is an addiction to sweetness.”
- Pierre Dukan.
43. “If you’re eating sugar throughout the day, you’re spiking your blood sugar level and you’re becoming a fat storing machine.”
- Jackie Warner.
44. “Sugar is celebratory. Sugar is something that we used to enjoy. Now, it basically has coated our tongues. It’s turned into a diet staple, and it’s killing us.”
- Robert Lustig.
45. “We don’t need sugar to live, and we don’t need it as a society.”
- Mehmet Oz.
46. “Sugar and sand may be mixed together, but the ant rejects the sand and goes off with the sugar grain; so pious men lift the good from the bad.”
47. “Syntactic sugar causes cancer of the semicolon.”
- Alan Perlis.
48. “If you have love, even plain cold water is sweet.”
- Jung Chang.
49. “Things sweet to taste prove in digestion sour.”
- William Shakespeare.
50. “Sweets to the sweet.”
- William Shakespeare.
51. “The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet.”
52. “Patience quotes is bitter, but its fruit is sweet.”
- Jean-Jacques Rousseau.
53. “It’s not the sugar that makes the tea sweet, but the stirring.”
- Sam Levenson.
54. “Without the bitter the sweet isn’t as sweet.”
- S.C. Stephens.
55. “I love sweets. Like, every week of my life, I’ve had a cheat day.”
- Daniel Bryan.
56. “There is only one difference between a long life and a good dinner: that, in the dinner, the sweets come last.”
- Robert Louis Stevenson.
57. “During difficult times, it’s best to cut down on sweets like cookies, cake and candy. Satisfy your sweet tooth with fruit to help prevent blood sugar dips and spikes.”
- Karen Salmansohn.
58. “People’s love of sweets and guilty feelings about overindulgence are pretty universal.”
- Will Cotton.
59. “But friendship is the breathing rose, with sweets in every fold.”
- Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.
60. “I wish I didn’t like sweets as much as I do. I wish I didn’t get carried away sometimes.”
- James Corden.
61. “I love cake or any sweets.”
- Prabhu Deva.
62. “I have some sweets now and then, but I wouldn’t say I have a major sweet tooth.”
- Larry Fitzgerald.
63. “I love to eat and I love sweets... like chocolate. But I do work out.”
- Alessandra Ambrosio.
64. “As a child, I loved to eat sweets and enjoyed festivities and celebrations.”
65. “I absolutely adore sweets, especially the exotic variety, and am a fanatical chocoholic.”
- Rahul Dev.
66. “I’m lucky, I don’t like sweets, not even chocolate.”
- Eva Herzigova.
Sweet Tooth And Sugar Quotes
Sweets, from white sugar to chocolate can be magnificent, everything in life is about balance and moderation. Like the desserts, you can also enjoy sugar quotes every day. Here are a few saying and sugar quotes by people who share the same mindset.
67. “I’ve always got a sweet tooth. I have chocolate hidden in places that nobody knows about.”
- Tony McCoy.
68. “I have a horrible sweet tooth. It’s gotten to the point where if I throw a cookie in the garbage, I have to douse it in Cascade. Otherwise, why wouldn’t I take it out and eat it?”
- Hoda Kotb.
69. “I have the biggest sweet tooth! You name it, I will eat it...My all-time favorite is my mother’s butter cake. Every time I go home, my mom will already have the cake made because I love it so much. This makes my siblings mad because they think she favors me. I don’t care because she probably does!”
- Michael Strahan.
70. “If you have a sweet tooth, you’ll have a sweet mouth when you’re done, because all your teeth are going to be sweet.”
- G. Garvin.
71. “A man without a sweet tooth is not to be trusted.”
- Kristen Painter.
72. “There’s nothing better than cake but more cake.”
- Harry S. Truman.
73. “I have no will power when it comes to sweets. I have a sweet tooth.”
- Daniel Sunjata.
74. “I was an infamously picky eater as a child but also had an infamous sweet tooth. All I wanted was dessert for every meal of the day.”
- Christina Tosi.
75. “Dad was a baker, and we lived above the bakery, so I was always popping down to have an apple pie or a doughnut or a custard or gypsy tart: I had a very sweet tooth, and I think that that was what got me into doing what I do now.”
- Paul Hollywood.
76. “I have a bad sweet tooth. I’m pretty good when I have to eat well for work, but otherwise, I could eat a whole roll of raw cookie dough.”
- Jeremy Renner.
77. “I have a sweet tooth. Milk chocolate with the caramel fillings — that’s my guilty pleasure right there. But I think that’s all right, we have to let ourselves indulge sometimes.”
- Caroline Wozniacki.
78. “I don’t have the biggest sweet tooth, but I do have one in the morning.”
- Antoni Porowski.
79. “Sweet are the uses of adversity.”
- William Shakespeare.
Candy Quotes And Sugar Quotes
Candies and sugar go together. A small treat to yourself on a journey filled with joy. Enjoy some of the most fascinating candies quotes and sugar quotes.
80. “There’s nothing as cozy as a piece of candy and a book.”
- Betty MacDonald.
81. “Candy bar nostalgia puts us all on the same page.”
- Bee Wilson.
82. “Fruits are naturally nurtured candies.”
- Amit Kalantri.
83. “My father was in the civil service. I can remember standing in a bus shelter in the pouring rain, and that we were allowed candy floss at the end of the holiday if we had behaved.”
- Honor Blackman.
84. “Truth-tellers are not always palatable. There is a preference for candy bars.”
- Gwendolyn Brooks.
85. “One can live without candy, but one cannot live without bullets.”
- Kim Jong II.
86. “I think that people had this idea that I sat at home and sucked on lollipops and ate cotton candy while I watched cartoons - wearing a tiara.”
- Anne Hathaway.
87. “The image of a person completely covered in cotton candy made me laugh the most. I’m not sure why. To me, being tarred and feathered in Sugar is just good comedy.”
- Misha Collins.
88. “This Halloween, the most popular mask is the Arnold Schwarzenegger mask. And the best part? With a mouth full of candy you will sound just like him.”
- Conan O’Brien.
89. “Cotton candy is the most amazing form of caramelization ever invented by man.”
- Jose Andres.
90. “The next morning dawned bright and sweet, like ribbon candy.”
- Sarah Addison Allen.
91. “Cotton candy. Like eating a cloud of diabetes.”
- Dana Gould.
92. “If life feels bitter and sour, taste the sugar from the sweetness of flower.”
- Munia Khan.
93. “We have not journeyed all this way because we are made of sugar candy.”
- Winston Churchill.
Delightful Sugary Quotes
Sugar quotes can bring a smile to anyone's face. Sugar quotes are liked by every one who loves to eat sweet things. Feel the sugary nostalgia while you read and relate to these delightful sugar quotes.
94. “One can hardly do anything productive when one knows there is cake in the fridge.”
- Joyce Rachelle.
95. “Good food, fresh water, and an occasional sweet and someone to care for. That’s what everyone should have. A simplistic and unrealistic view I knew, but it soothed me.”
- Maria V. Snyder.
96. “If we consistently eat less sugar, it actually changes our sense of sweetness.”
- Bee Wilson.
97. “Sugar is not love. But it can feel like it.”
- Bee Wilson.
98. “Images are deceiving. Salt and Sugar look exactly the same but taste very different.”
- Suzy Kassem.
99. “Sugar is for the body as narcissism is for the soul. Both pleasures kill.”
- Robin Sacredfire.
100. “A life without sweets is not much worth living.”
- Pawan Mishra.
101. “Even nihilists put sugar in their coffee to make it more sweet.”
- Marty Rubin.
102. “If you want to live longer, Stay away from girls and Sugar!”
- Md. Ziaul Haque
103. “Sweetness is not in itself unhealthy, we simply eat only the most unhealthy kind of sweetness.”
- Giulia Enders.
104. “The problem is not in the sugar when it tastes bitter, the problem is with the tongue.”
- Munia Khan.
105. “One of the leading causes of obesity is the misbelief that, when it comes to juice, ‘100%’ means ‘sugar-free.”
- Mokokoma Mokhonoana.
106. “Seize the moment. Remember all those women who waved off the dessert cart on the Titanic.”
- Erma Bombeck.
107. “Life is short. Eat dessert first.”
- Jacques Torres.
108. “Fruit only angers my need for chocolate.”
- Jason Love.
109. “Without ice cream, there would be darkness and chaos.”
- Don Kardong.
110. “One of the secrets of a happy life is continuous small treats.”
- Iris Murdoch.
111. “The longing for sweets is really a yearning for love or “sweetness.”
- Marion Woodman.
112. “As long as you’re in the food business, why not make sweets?”
- Anne Frank.
113. “Mouths that insist on sweet things will hardly escape the bitter experience of dental disfiguring.”
- Vincent Okay Nwachukwu.
114. “Sweets, always there, ever faithful, never disappoint.”
- A.D. Aliwat.
115. “Life isn’t that sweet. That’s why everyone wants sweet things.”
- Yana Toboso.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for sugar quotes], then why not take a look at ice cream quotes or chocolate quotes.
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.