Sweet quotes said by famous personalities are perfect for showing love.
Be it family, friends, or your partner, we have quotes for everyone. You can share these love quotes with your loved ones to show that you love them.
Love quotes are perfect for saying to your partner, no matter if they are a new romantic interest or a long-time lover. These love quotes and sweet quotes can be written on Valentine’s Day cards, used as cute text messages, said during a special moment, and much more. Share these perfect sweet quotes with lovely friends and partners, they will make everyone feel loved. For more love quotes, also check out these [cute quotes] and pure love quotes.
Short Sweet Quotes
A list of short and sweet quotes is given below. These good short quotes can brighten up your day and make it incredibly romantic.
1. “The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart.”
— Helen Keller.
2. “When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive – to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.”
— Marcus Aurelius.
3. “It is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”
- Laura Ingalls Wilder.
4. “Sweet are the uses of adversity which, like the toad, ugly and venomous, wears yet a precious jewel in his head.”
- William Shakespeare.
5. “I think we all have different personalities... and even in relationships, we can be called psycho, and we can be called sweet, based on what the person feels about you.”
- Ava Max.
6. “Heard melodies are sweet, but those unheard are sweeter.”
- John Keats.
7. “Be sweet, be good, and honest always.”
- Emma Bunton.
8. “Change in all things is sweet.”
9. “Age does not protect you from love, but love to some extent protects you from age.”
- Jeanne Moreau.
10. “How cruelly sweet are the echoes that start, when memory plays an old tune on the heart.”
- Eliza Cook.
11. “For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.”
— Audrey Hepburn.
12. “Love is like an hourglass, with the heart filling up as the brain empties.”
— Jules Renard.
13. “If love is the answer, could you rephrase the question?”
– Lily Tomlin.
14. “Love doesn't just sit there, like a stone, it has to be made, like bread; remade all the time, made new.”
― Ursula K. Le Guin, 'The Lathe Of Heaven'.
Some cute love quotes or words for your friends said by famous authors are given below. These romantic quotes can make any person blush.
15. “The energy you give off is the energy you receive.”
– Cara Delevingne.
16. “Beauty, sweet love, is like the morning dew...”
- Samuel Daniel.
17. “All true happiness, pure joy, sweet bounties, and unclouded pleasure are contained within the knowledge and love of God.”
- Said Nursi.
18. “The best, most beautiful, and most perfect way that we have of expressing a sweet concord of mind to each other is by music.”
- Jonathan Edwards.
19. “Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching.”
- Satchel Paige.
20. “Always wear cute pajamas to bed, you’ll never know who you will meet in your dreams.”
– Joel Madden.
21. “Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates profundity. Kindness in giving creates love.”
– Lao Tzu.
22. "Love is friendship that has caught on fire."
- Ann Landers.
23. “There is only one happiness in life, to love and to be loved.”
- George Sand.
24. “Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.”
– Pablo Picasso.
25. “Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. That’s relativity.”
– Albert Einstein.
26. “Love is never lost. If not reciprocated, it will flow back and soften and purify the heart.”
– Washington Irving.
27. “Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.”
– Martin Luther King Jr.
28. “With freedom, books, flowers, and the moon, who could not be happy?”
Sweet Love Quotes
A list of the best love quotes and cute love quotes to make you fall in love or share with your partner (perhaps on your romantic wedding anniversary) is given below.
29. “Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within.”
— James Baldwin.
30. “We are shaped and fashioned by what we love.”
— Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
31. “A life lived in love will never be dull.”
– Leo Buscaglia.
32. “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.”
33. “I love you. Remember. They cannot take it”
― Lauren Oliver, ‘Delirium’.
34. “You know it's love when all you want is that person to be happy, even if you're not part of their happiness.”
— Julia Roberts.
35. “We accept the love we think we deserve.”
– Stephen Chbosky.
36. “Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love.”
– Albert Einstein.
37. “You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.”
38. “Life without love is like a tree without blossoms or fruit.”
— Khalil Gibran.
39. “Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired.”
― Robert Frost.
40. “It’s easy to fall in love. The hard part is finding someone to catch you.”
— Bertrand Russell.
41. “When you love someone, you love the person as they are, and not as you'd like them to be.”
— Leo Tolstoy.
42. “To fear love is to fear life, and those who fear life are already three parts dead.”
- Bertrand Russell.
43. “There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten, but I’ve loved another with all my heart and soul, and to me, this has always been enough.”
- Nicholas Sparks, ‘The Notebook’.
44. “Love does not begin and end the way we seem to think it does.”
― James A. Baldwin.
45. “The best love is the kind that awakens the soul; that makes us reach for more, that plants the fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds.”
– Noah ‘The Notebook’.
Sweet Love Quotes For Friends
Some sweet quotes, love quotes, and words of love for friends are given below.
46. “There is no happiness like that of being loved by your fellow creatures, and feeling that your presence is an addition to their comfort.”
- Charlotte Brontë.
47. “The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in.”
— Morrie Schwartz.
48. “Friendship is always a sweet responsibility, never an opportunity.”
- Khalil Gibran.
49. “Sweet is the memory of distant friends! Like the mellow rays of the departing sun, it falls tenderly, yet sadly, on the heart.”
- Washington Irving.
50. “Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead.”
— Oscar Wilde.
51. “A loving heart is the truest wisdom.”
— Charles Dickens.
52. “Love is like a virus. It can happen to anybody at any time.”
– Maya Angelou.
53. “A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.”
– Walter Winchell.
54. “He who is not everyday conquering some fear has not learned the secret of life.”
– Ralph Waldo Emerson.
55. “We do not remember days, we remember moments.”
– Cesare Pavese.
56. “Love is the expansion of two natures in such fashion that each include the other, each is enriched by the other.”
– Felix Adler.
57. “... if you haven’t learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven’t learned anything.”
– Muhammad Ali.
58. “Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, ‘What! You too? I thought I was the only one.'”
– C.S. Lewis.
59. “Wherever you go, go with all your heart.”
60. “If you give your life as a wholehearted response to love, then love will wholeheartedly respond to you.”
– Marianna Williamson.
Sweet Quotes For Families
Given below are some sweet quotes and love quotes that can be shared with family.
61. “Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.”
- Robert A. Heinlein.
62. “ Love is a battle, love is a war; love is a growing up.”
― James A. Baldwin.
63. “Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.”
- Thich Nhat Hanh.
64. “Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.”
– Dr. Seuss.
65. “Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is God’s gift, that’s why we call it the present.”
– Joan Rivers.
66. “May you live all the days of your life.”
– Jonathan Swift.
67. “The value of life is not in the length of days, but in the use we make of them; a man may live long yet very little.”
– Michel de Montaigne.
68. “The reason people find it so hard to be happy is that they always see the past better than it was, the present worse than it is, and the future less resolved than it will be.”
- Marcel Pagnol.
69. “The need for love lies at the very foundation of human existence.”
– Dalai Lama.
Sweet Love Quotes For Her
A list of sweet love quotes for her to show that you love her until your last breath is given below. These sweet quotes for her will surely make any girl swoon.
70. “I’ve tried so many times to think of a new way to say it, and it’s still I love you.”
— Zelda Fitzgerald.
71. “I love you and that’s the beginning and end of everything.”
— F. Scott Fitzgerald.
72. “In all the world, there is no heart for me like yours. In all the world, there is no love for you like mine.”
— Maya Angelou.
73. “You know it’s true. Everything I do, I do it for you.”
– Bryan Adams.
74. “The real lover is the man who can thrill you by kissing your forehead or smiling into your eyes or just staring into space.”
– Marilyn Monroe.
75. “My dearly beloved, if I am to die today and never see the sweet face of you, I want you to know that I am no great man and am lucky to have such a woman as you.”
- Wild Bill Hickok.
76. “I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once.”
- John Green, ‘The Fault In Our Stars’.
77. “Loved you yesterday, love you still, always have, always will.”
– Elaine Davis.
78. “You are, and always have been, my dream.”
― Nicholas Sparks, 'The Notebook'.
79. “I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where.”
- Pablo Neruda.
80. “I love you in this way because I do not know any other way of loving but this, in which there is no I or you, so intimate that your hand upon my chest is my hand, so intimate that when I fall asleep your eyes close.”
– Pablo Neruda
Sweet Love Quotes For Him
Some love quotes for him are listed below. These sweet quotes for him will surely bring a smile to his face.
81. “I saw that you were perfect, and so I loved you. Then I saw that you were not perfect and I loved you even more.”
— Angelita Lim.
82. “If I had a flower for every time I thought of you… I could walk through my garden forever.”
— Alfred Tennyson.
83. “He’s more myself than I am. Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same.”
— Emily Brontë.
84. “To be your friend was all I ever wanted; to be your lover was all I ever dreamed.”
– Valerie Lombardo.
85. “If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I.”
— Michel de Montaigne.
86. “If I know what love is, it is because of you.”
- Hermann Hesse.
87. “He is not a lover who does not love forever.”
88. “I want all of you, forever, everyday. You and me... everyday.”
― Nicholas Sparks, 'The Notebook'.
89. “It was love at first sight, at last sight, at ever and ever sight.”
― Vladimir Nabokov, 'Lolita'.
The Best Sweet Quotes To Show Love
A list of the best sweet quotes and love quotes to show love on your wedding day or any other day is given below.
90. “True love is rare, and it’s the only thing that gives life real meaning.”
― Nicholas Sparks.
91. “The love we give away is the only love we keep.”
— Elbert Hubbard.
92. “An act of goodness is of itself an act of happiness.”
- Maurice Maeterlinck.
93. “Sow good services: sweet remembrances will grow from them.”
- Madame de Stael.
94. “I was about half in love with her by the time we sat down.”
— J. D. Salinger.
95. “I have learned not to worry about love; but to honor its coming with all my heart.”
— Alice Walker.
96. “ I love you simply, without problems or pride.”
- Pablo Neruda.
97. “If you remember me, then I don't care if everyone else forgets.”
― Haruki Murakami, ‘Kafka On The Shore’.
98. “There is a madness in loving you, a lack of reason that makes it feel so flawless.”
— Leo Christopher.
99. “When love is not madness, it is not love.”
― Pedro Calderon de la Barca.
100. “Life is funny. Things change, people change, but you will always be you, so stay true to yourself and never sacrifice who you are for anyone.”
– Zayn Malik.
101. “If you live to be 100, I hope I live to be 100 minus 1 day, so I never have to live without you.”
– A. A. Milne, 'Winnie The Pooh'.
102. “I love you more than there are stars in the sky and fish in the sea.”
― Nicholas Sparks.
Sweet Quotes To Cheer Up Someone
Some sweet love quotes to cheer somebody up are given below.
103. "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
– J. R. R. Tolkien.
104. “Nobody really cares if you’re miserable, so you might as well be happy.”
- Cynthia Nelms.
105. “Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves.”
- Carl Jung.
106. “Never give up. Laugh a lot. Be good to others.”
- James Dashner.
107. “Happiness is the default state. It’s what’s there when you remove the sense that something is missing in life.”
- Naval Ravikant.
108. “Open your eyes, look within. Are you satisfied with the life you’re living?
– Bob Marley.
109. “The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody else up.”
– Mark Twain.
110. “Let us be of cheer, remembering that the misfortunes hardest to bear are those which never come.”
– Amy Lowell.
111. “Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.”
112. “A poet is a nightingale, who sits in darkness and sings to cheer its own solitude with sweet sounds.”
– Percy Bysshe Shelley.
113. “Often we can help each other most by leaving each other alone; at other times we need the hand-grasp and the word of cheer.”
– Elbert Hubbard.
114. “Every blunder behind us is giving a cheer for us, and only for those who were willing to fail are the dangers and splendors of life.”
– Carl Sandburg.
115. “I’ve got a lot of dreams I want to achieve, and I hope someone can cheer me on as I’ll cheer them on in their dreams.”
– Hunter Hayes.
116. There is always someone better off than you, and there is always someone worse off than you.”
– C.L. Hall.
117. “All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.”
– Ralph Waldo Emerson.
Sweet Quotes About Happiness
Some sweet love quotes about happiness are given below. If you are looking for something to say every time you need to cheer someone up, these quotes can make any person feel special, especially the most beautiful quote from Audrey Hepburn.
118. “The most important thing is to enjoy your life — to be happy. It's all that matters.”
- Audrey Hepburn.
119. “The only thing that will make you happy is being happy with who you are.”
- Goldie Hawn.
120. “Life is just a bowl of cherries.”
- Lew Brown.
121. “Real happiness is not of temporary enjoyment, but is so interwoven with the future that it blesses for ever.”
- James Lendall Basford.
122. “Happiness is not so much in having as sharing. We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.”
- Norman MacEwan.
123. “There are many things evil people can take from you. However, they can never steal your ability to laugh and laugh loud.”
– Shannon L. Alder.
124. “The most valuable thing you can buy to make yourself happy is time.”
- Maxime Lagacé.
125. “He is rich or poor according to what he is, not according to what he has.”
- Henry Ward Beecher.
126. “The moments of happiness we enjoy take us by surprise. It is not that we seize them, but that they seize us.”
- Ashley Montagu.
At Kidadl, we have created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for sweet love quotes, why not check out these [sweet good night quotes] and sweet dreams quotes for more great quotes?
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.