Every human being possesses at least one skill that makes them unique and memorable.
Most people agree that just being talented is not enough in this world, one needs to be consistent in their efforts in order to become successful. Talent and hard work go hand in hand.
When someone diligently puts in the effort over time, they bear the fruits of their labor. This is applicable to any aspect of a person's life, from work and hobbies to relationships. Talent doesn't necessarily have to be present solely in a person's professional endeavors, many people have a talent for various soft skills such as team building, communication, adaptability, negotiation, etc. There are innumerable amount of sayings and quotes on talent, and many have been said by extremely prominent people. In this article you'll find many quotes that answer the question 'what is talent'? If you want to read some quotes on talent by individuals who have succeeded in their fields, then this article is perfect for you! Here are some talent quotes that will give you some insight into what goes into being talented. If even one of these quotes takes a place in your heart, then share it with others and empower their talents.
If you liked reading these talent quotes, head over to Zig Ziglar motivational quotes and [work in progress quotes].
Best Talent Quotes
Here's a curated list of the best quotes on talent. These talent vs hard work quotes can take you out of dark places and make you successful in your field.
1. "Everyone has talent. What's rare is the courage to follow it to the dark places where it leads."
- Erica Jong.
2. "Hide not your talents, they for use were made, What's a sundial in the shade?"
- Benjamin Franklin.
3. "If you ever find that you're the most talented person in the room, you need to find another room."
- Austin Kleon.
4. "Talent is cheap; dedication is expensive. It will cost you your life."
- Irving Stone.
5. "There is no such thing as a great talent without great willpower."
- Honore de Balzac.
6. "With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable."
- Thomas Fowell Buxton.
7. "Strategy will compensate the talent. The talent will never compensate the strategy."
- Marco Pierre White.
8. "But genius, and even great talent, springs less from seeds of intellect and social refinement superior to those of other people than from the faculty of transforming and transposing them."
- Marcel Proust.
9. "I really believe that everyone has a talent, ability, or skill that he can mine to support himself and to succeed in life."
- Dean Koontz.
10. "Each man has his own vocation. The talent is the call."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson.
11. "Everyone has talent at twenty-five. The difficulty is to have it at fifty."
- Edgar Degas.
12. "The person born with a talent they are meant to use will find their greatest happiness in using it."
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
13. "Use what talents you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best."
- Henry Van Dyke.
14. "It takes people a long time to learn the difference between talent and genius, especially ambitious young men and women."
- Louisa May Alcott.
15. "When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, 'I used everything you gave me."
- Erma Bombeck.
16. "The greatest talents often lie buried out of sight."
17. "Genius is the gold in the mine; talent is the miner that works and brings it out."
- Marguerite Blessington.
18. "Every natural power exhilarates; a true talent delights the possessor first."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson.
19. "There are two kinds of talent; man-made talent and God-given talent. With man-made talent, you have to work very hard. With God-given talent, you just touch it up once in a while."
- Pearl Bailey.
20. "Talent repeats; Genius creates. Talent is a cistern; Genius a fountain."
- E.P. Whipple.
21. "There is no substitute for talent. Industry and all the virtues are of no avail."
- Aldous Huxley.
22. "I think talent is like a water table under the earth—you tap it with your effort and it comes through you."
- Natalie Goldberg.
23. "What's talent but the ability to get away with something?"
- Tennessee Williams.
24. "Talent is a tenant in the house owned by genius."
- Austin O'Malley.
25. "A great deal of talent is lost to the world for want of a little courage. Every day sends to their graves obscure men whose timidity prevented them from making a first effort."
- Sydney Smith.
26. "Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see."
- Arthur Schopenhauer.
27. "No one respects a talent that is concealed."
- Desiderius Erasmus.
28. "I'd rather have a lot of talent and a little experience than a lot of experience and a little talent."
- John Wooden.
29. "Talent is commonly developed at the expense of character."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson.
30. "It's not the act of arrogance to draw, it's humbling you must use your God-given talent. And of all the people I sketch, in most cases I feel I have to measure up to the subject."
- LeRoy Neiman.
31. "A really great talent finds its happiness in execution."
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
32. "The person who displays a little more of it each day keeps up expectations, and no one ever discovers the limits of his talent."
- Baltasar Gracian.
33. "Doing easily what others find difficult is talent; doing what is impossible for talent is genius."
- Henri Frederic Amiel.
34. "It takes little talent to see clearly what lies under one's nose, a good deal of it to know in which direction to point that organ."
- W.H. Auden.
35. "Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God."
- Leo Buscaglia.
36. "If you're young and talented, it's like you have wings."
- Haruki Murakami.
37. "Nothing is more inspiring than a person with seemingly mediocre talent rising against the odds to become a champion by way of hard work, effort, and perseverance toward their goals."
- Zig Ziglar.
38. "Talent is God given."
- John Wooden.
Famous Quotes About Talent
Here are some famous quotes about talent.
39. "Mediocrity knows nothing higher than itself; but talent instantly recognizes genius."
- Arthur Conan Doyle.
40. "Those who are blessed with the most talent don't necessarily outperform everyone else. It's the people with follow-through who excel."
- Mary Kay.
41. "Life is entrusted to man as a treasure which must not be squandered, as a talent which must be used well."
- Pope John Paul II.
42. "The talent is in the choices. "
- Robert De Niro.
43. "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
- Michael Jordan.
44. "If you've got a talent, protect it."
- Jim Carrey.
45. "Never confuse the size of your paycheck with the size of your talent."
- Marlon Brando.
46. "Brevity is the sister of talent."
- Anton Chekhov.
47. "Talent is an accident of genes, and a responsibility."
- Alan Rickman.
48. "We must believe that we are gifted for something, and that this thing, at whatever cost, must be attained."
- Marie Curie.
49. "We are told that talent creates opportunity, yet it is desire that creates talent."
- Bruce Lee.
50. "The idea that talent is directly proportional to your trophy cabinet is one I oppose."
- Alex Turner.
51. "According to this law [the law of Dharma], you have a unique talent and a unique way of expressing it. There is something that you can do better than anyone else in the whole world - and for every unique talent and unique expression of that talent, there are also unique needs."
- Deepak Chopra.
52. "Talent is like electricity. We don't understand electricity. We use it."
- Maya Angelou.
53. "The possession of superior talent creates more wishes than it gratifies."
- Eliza Cook.
54. "Women are the largest untapped reservoir of talent in the world."
- Hillary Clinton.
55. "Talent is a wonderful thing, but it won't carry a quitter."
- Stephen King.
56. "Talent is extremely common. What is rare is the willingness to endure the life of the writer."
- Kurt Vonnegut.
57. "But talent is something you're born with. You cannot acquire it by working hard, and you cannot lose it by lying around either."
- Fran Lebowitz.
58. "It took me fifteen years to discover that I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up because by that time I was too famous."
- Robert Benchley.
59. "However you make your living is where your talent lies."
- Ernest Hemingway.
Talent And Hard Work Quotes
Here is a list of quotes about talent and hard work.
60. "Talent is cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work."
- Stephen King.
61. "There are two kinds of talent; man-made talent and God-given talent. With man-made talent, you have to work very hard. With God-given talent, you just touch it up once in a while."
- Pearl Bailey.
62. "Hard work without talent is a shame, but talent without hard work is a tragedy."
- Robert Half.
63. "I never viewed myself as particularly talented. Where I excel is ridiculous, sickening work ethic. You know, while the other guy's sleeping, I'm working. "
- Will Smith.
64. "Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard."
- Tim Notke.
65. "There may be people who have more talent than you. But there is no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do."
- Derek Jeter.
66. "If the power to do hard work is not a skill, it's the best possible substitute for it."
- James A. Garfield.
67. "Shun no toil to make yourself remarkable by some talent or other; yet do not devote yourself to one branch exclusively. Strive to get clear notions about all."
- Lucius Annaeus Seneca.
68. "The artist is nothing without the gift, but the gift is nothing without work."
- Emile Zola.
69. "There's no talent here, this is hard work. This is an obsession. Talent does not exist, we are all equals as human beings. You could be anyone if you put in the time. You will reach the top, and that's that. I am not talented. I am obsessed."
- Conor McGregor.
70. "Now that his years of training have yielded such spectacular results, everybody's talking about his 'god-given talent.' That's how men who don't try very hard comfort themselves."
- Eiji Yoshikawa.
71. "Talent without working hard is nothing."
- Cristiano Ronaldo.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for talent quotes then why not take a look at [Saturday motivational quotes], or art quotes for kids?
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.