The popular Disney animated feature 'Tangled' was released in the year 2010, and ever since then, it has been one of the most loved Disney movies of all time.
The plot revolves around a kidnapped princess named Rapunzel, raised by a witch named Gothel for her long blonde hair's magical regenerative properties. The story follows her life of adventure after she escapes from her castle with the help of her trusty chameleon friend Pascal, a handsome thief named Eugene, and a burly palace horse named Maximus.
This 'Tangled' is a twisted and a different version of the original German fairytale named 'Rapunzel', Disney decided to call the film Tangled, meaning 'twisted together in a knot', reportedly to give the film a gender-neutral appeal. The film also portrays the message that one should not let anything or anybody hold them back from what their heart truly wants. With the unique and original font style created by Disney, truly melodious and upbeat songs that are enjoyable, exceptional voice acting witty, funny, and relevant dialogues, and excellent animation effects, the film has garnered much attention all over the world.
The movie 'Tangled' is resplendent with some of the most magical and funniest quotes in the Disney universe that will have kids and parents reeling with laughter, and it also has some of the most beautiful songs with meaningful lyrics. Here are some of the most popular quotes from 'Tangled' that will make your dreams come true.
If you like our content, you can check out other great articles like [Disney princess quotes] and ['Princess And The Frog quotes].
Disney 'Tangled' Quotes
If you are looking for some of the best 'Tangled' movie quotes, you will love this list.
1. "Hook Hand Thug: Go, live your dream.
Flynn Rider: I will.
Hook Hand Thug: Your dream stinks. I was talking to her."
2. "Whoa! Somebody get me a glass! 'Cuz I just found me a tall drink of water."
3. "The party lasted an entire week, and honestly, I don't remember most of it."
4. "Short Thug: What's the password?
Captain of the Guard: What?!
Short Thug: Nope!
Captain of the Guard: Open this door, now!
Short Thug: Not even close!"
5. "Big Nose Thug: What's your dream?
Flynn Rider: No, no, no. Sorry boys, I don't sing."
6. "Call us brutal, sick sadistic, and grotesquely optimistic, but way down deep inside I've got a dream."
-'I've Got A Dream,' by the Thugs.
7. "I'm malicious, mean and scary. My sneer could curdle dairy and violence-wise, my hands are not the cleanest. But despite my evil look and my temper, and my hook, I've always yearned to be a concert pianist."
-'I've Got A Dream,' by the Hook Hand Thug.
Tangled Love Quotes
'Tangled' is a movie about many different kinds of love, including motherly love, material love and romance. But it most importantly records the blooming love between Rapunzel and Flynn. Here is a list of some love quotes from 'Tangled', including Rapunzel-Flynn quotes.
8. "And at last I see the light, and it's like the fog has lifted. And at last, I see the light, and it's like the sky is new. And it's warm and real and bright, and the world has somehow shifted. All at once everything looks different now that I see you."
-'I see the light,' by Rapunzel and Flynn.
9. "Rapunzel: Something bought you here, Flynn Rider. Fate, destiny...
Flynn Rider: A horse."
10. "Flynn Rider: You were my new dream.
Rapunzel: And you were mine."
11. "Rapunzel: Rapunzel: Is it ruffians? Thugs? Have they come for me?!
Flynn Rider: Flynn Rider: Stay calm. It can probably smell fear."
12. "Flynn Rider: All right. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm letting you out of the deal.
Flynn Rider: That's right! But don't thank me. Let's just turn around and get you home. Here's your pan, here's your frog. I get back my satchel, you get back a mother-daughter relationship based on mutual trust, and Voila! We part ways as unlikely friends."
13. "Flynn Rider: Ah...!
Rapunzel: Please don't freak out!
Flynn Rider: I'm not freaking out. Are you freaking out? No, I'm just very interested in your hair and the magical qualities that it possesses. How long has it been doing that, exactly?"
14. "Flynn Rider: All right, Blondie.
Flynn Rider: Gesundheit."
15. "Flynn Rider: Oh... oh, no... where is my satchel?
Rapunzel: I've hidden it! Somewhere you'll never find it.
Flynn Rider: It's in that pot, isn't it?"
16. "Rapunzel: Well, I do like ducklings.
Flynn Rider: Yay!"
17. "Rapunzel: I've been looking out of a window for eighteen years, dreaming about what I might feel like when those lights rise in the sky. What if it's not everything I dreamed it would be?
Flynn Rider: It will be.
Rapunzel: And what if it is? What do I do then?
Flynn Rider: Well, that's the good part I guess. You get to go find a new dream."
18. "Rapunzel: Who's that?
Flynn Rider: They don't like me.
Rapunzel: Who's that?
Flynn Rider: They don't like me either.
Rapunzel: Who's that?
Flynn Rider: Let's just presume for the moment, everyone here doesn't like me."
19. "Rapunzel: So, I have made the decision to trust you.
Flynn: A horrible decision, really."
Mother Gothel Quotes
Mother Gothel is one of the most memorable Disney villains of all time. Here is a list of sayings by her, like how she says to Rapunzel, "I see a confident, beautiful, young lady".
20. "Mother Gothel: I love you very much, dear.
Rapunzel: I love you more.
Mother Gothel: I love you most."
21. "The world is dark, and selfish, and cruel. If it finds even the slightest ray of sunshine, it destroys it!"
22. "Now, now, it's all right. Listen to me. All of this is as it should be."
23. "Rapunzel: How did you find me?
Mother Gothel: Oh, it was easy, really, I just listened to the sound of complete and utter betrayal and followed that."
24. "Well! I thought he'd never leave."
25. "You want me to be the bad guy? Fine, now I'm the bad guy."
26. "Look in that mirror. I see a strong, confident, beautiful young lady. Oh look, you're here too."
27. "Don't be dummy, come to mummy. Mother knows best!"
28. "Skip the drama, stay with Mama!"
29. "Trust me, my dear; that's how fast he'll leave you! I won't say 'I told you so'!"
30. "I took you, to protect you."
31. "Great. Now, I'm the bad guy."
32. "You are not leaving this tower ever!"
33. "Oh well. C'est la vie. Enjoy your crown!"
34. "Ok, ok, Rapunzel, please. Stop with the mumbling. You know how I feel about the mumbling—blah, blah, blah, blah...It's very annoying."
35. "Mother Gothel: How you manage to do that every single day, without fail? It looks absolutely exhausting darling.
Rapunzel: Oh... it's nothing.
Mother Gothel: Then I don't know why it takes so long?"
36. "No, no, no—can't be. I distinctly remember, your birthday was last year."
If your favorite Disney princess is Rapunzel, you will find this list of quotes simply delightful.
37. "Look at those fireworks. They are as if they are for me."
38. "No! I won't stop. For every minute of the rest of my life I will fight. I will never stop trying to get away from you!"
39. "Tomorrow night, the lights will appear just like they do on my birthday each year. What is it like out there where they glow? Now that I'm older, mother might just let me go."
40. "You were right, mother. You were right about everything."
41. "I know I'm safe as long as I'm here."
42. "And the thing is, I'm not scared anymore."
43. "I am a despicable human being!"
44. "That's the funny thing about birthdays, they're kind of an annual thing."
45. "I want to see the floating lights!"
46. "No! You were wrong about the world. And you were wrong about me. And I will never let you use my hair, again!"
47. "I knew they weren't stars!"
48. "I have magic hair that glows when I sing."
49. "You can tear this tower apart brick by brick, but you will never find your precious satchel."
50. "Struggling... struggling is pointless!"
51. "I can't believe I did this...I can't believe I did this...I have to go home! I am never going back... I'm a horrible daughter! Best day ever!"
52. "Have some humanity. Haven't any of you ever had a dream?"
53. "That's 22 for me...how about 23 out of 45?"
54. "Flower gleam and glow let your power shine make the clock reverse bring back what once was mine..."
55. "And so I'll read a book or maybe two or three. I'll add a few new paintings to my gallery. I'll play guitar and knit and cook and basically, just wonder when will my life begin?"
-'When will my life begin.'
56. "Look at the world - so close, and I'm halfway to it! Look at it all - so big - do I even dare? Look at me - there at last! - I just have to do it. Should I...No...here I go..."
-'When will my life begin', Reprise two.
57. "Just smell the grass...The dirt...Just like I dreamed they'd be! Just feel that summer breeze - the way it's calling me. For like the first time ever, I'm completely free! I could go running and racing and dancing and chasing and leaping and bounding. Hair flying, heart pounding and splashing and reeling and finally feeling that's when my life begins!"
-'When will my life begin', Reprise two.
Flynn Rider Quotes
Not only is Flynn Rider known for his smolder but also his wit and love for money. Here is a list of quotes by him that will steal your heart.
58. "No no no no. This is bad, this is very very bad, this is really bad. They just can't get my nose right."
59. "Oh mama I have got to get me one of these."
60. "All I want with your hair is to get out of it; literally!"
61. "Did I ever tell you I have a thing for brunettes?"
62. "All the things we've seen and it's only 8 in the morning."
63. "You smell that...Take a deep breath through the nose! Part man-smell, and the other part is really man-smell. I don't know why but all together it reminds me of the colour brown...Your thoughts?"
64. "This is the story of how I died. Don't worry, this is actually a very fun story and the truth is, it isn't even mine. This is the story of a girl named Rapunzel."
65. "I'll spare you the sob story of poor orphan Eugene Fitzherbert, it's a little bit of a…It's a little bit of a downer."
66. "I know not who you are, nor how I came to find you, but may I just say...hi. How ya doin'?"
67. "You broke my smolder."
68. "Here's your pan, here's your frog."
69. "Frying pans...who knew, right?"
70. "Oh, now they're just being mean."
71. "So! You're being strangely cryptic as you wrap your magic hair around my injured hand."
72. "Wow. I could get used to a view like this. Wait....yep, I'm used to it....Guys, I want a castle."
73. "You should know that this is the strangest thing I've ever done!"
74. "This is just part of growing up, a little adventure, a little rebellion."
75. "Her hair actually glows. Why does her hair glow?"
76. "Why is she smiling at me?"
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for Tangled Quotes then why not take a look at [Disney love quotes], or [Elsa quotes].
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.