We love weekends, Friday evenings and nights are the best times of the week which working people look forward to.
Friday is one of the longest days of the week, considering how badly we long for the weekend to start. The abbreviations 'TGIF' stands for 'Thank God it's Friday' and generally is used to show appreciation for the favorite day of the week for employees.
People look forward to Friday because generally it is always the last working day of the week and everyone is free to enjoy leaving work. Sundays are great, but the following Monday and Tuesday is not really a great feeling to look forward to! Friday is an amazing day to kick back after work and just relax, knowing that there is no work tomorrow. That's an amazing feeling to have, you can truly have a fabulous time without having to worry about the next two days. Friday evening is a good time to either do nothing or go out and have a really amazing time. TGIF quotes are funny or motivational quotes about having fun or doing things during the weekend or Friday when you can finally have a good time.
If you find our content interesting and fun, you might enjoy reading [wellness Wednesday quotes] and [throwback Thursday quotes].
TGIF Quotes Which Will Make You Long For Friday
Working individuals truly thank God when Friday finally arrives and the best weekend ever is planned out for a fabulous time. Here are some of the thank God it's Friday quotes we have selected for you.
1. “Youth is like a long weekend on Friday night. Middle age is like a long weekend on Monday afternoon.”
– Richard Nelson Bolles.
2. “If my boss knew how unproductive I am on Fridays, he wouldn’t want me here either.”
3. “It’s Friday morning mankind! Good vibe, don’t frown and let the monster see you smile!”
—Napz Cherub Pellazo.
4. “Friday sees more smiles than any other day of the workweek!”
5. “Not for nothing is their motto TGIF – ‘Thank God It’s Friday.’ They live for the weekends, when they can go do what they really want to do.”
– Richard Nelson Bolles.
6. “Friday is a day to finish your goals for the week. It is a day to celebrate that which you set out to accomplish at the beginning of the week.”
7. “Friday is about hanging out with friends, having fun.”
8. “For most Americans, Friday afternoons are filled with positive anticipation of the weekend. In Washington, it’s where government officials dump stories they want to bury.”
– John Sununu.
9. “Fridays are the hardest in some ways: you’re so close to freedom.”
10. “I don’t care if Monday’s blue, Tuesday’s gray and Wednesday too. Thursday I don’t care about you. It’s Friday I’m in love.”
11. “It’s finally Friday, I’m free again. I got my motor running for a wild weekend.”
12. “Spend some time this weekend on home improvement; improve your attitude toward your family.”
13. "Friday is like a superhero that always arrives just in time to stop me from savagely beating one of my coworkers with a keyboard."
14. "Making food is a wonderful way to spend Friday night."
15. “Friday afternoon feels like Heaven.”
– El Fuego.
16. “Employers are at their happiest on Mondays. Employees are at their happiest on Fridays.”
17. “Music always sounds better on Friday.”
– Lou Brutus.
18. “This Friday, finish your work and be done. Look forward to the weekend and have some fun!”
19. "Happy Friday you beautiful human."
*Do you know where this quote originates? Let us know at [email protected]!
Friday Quotes Which Will Motivate You
It is the best feeling ever to be leaving work to have a fabulous time with your loved one, friends or family. Everyone wishes that the weekend never ends and Monday never comes but you can definitely check these quotes out and get pumped up for the coming Friday! No wonder, we thank God when Friday comes and wish to go back to the weekend.
20. “That which has been promised comes to those who look forward to Friday. These are the achievements made possible through perseverance and focus.”
– Byron Pulsifer.
21. “Friday sees more smiles than any other day of the workweek!”
– Kate Summers.
22. “It’s Friday morning mankind! Good vibe, don’t frown and let the monster see you smile!”
– Napz Cherub Pellazo.
23. “If my boss knew how unproductive I am on Fridays, he wouldn’t want me here either.”
- James Johnson.
24. “I’ve taught fifth-year Christmas leavers last thing on a Friday afternoon. Basically, if you can face that you can face anything.”
– Johann Lamont.
25. “If you see me on Friday, you’ll see different material on Saturday night.”
– Kathy Griffin.
26. “Although I understand that all days are equal with 24 hours each, most of us agree that Friday is the longest day of the week and Sunday the shortest.”
– D.S. Mixel.
27. “When you leave work on Friday, leave work. Don’t let technology follow you throughout your weekend (answering text messages and emails) take a break you will be more refreshed to begin the workweek if you have had a break.”
– Catherine Pulsifer.
28. “When you start to do the things that you truly love, it wouldn’t matter whether it is Monday or Friday; you would be so excited to wake up each morning to work on your passions.”
– Edmond Mbiakading.
29. “Friday’s a free day. A woman’s day.”
– Neil Gaiman.
30. “People wait all week for Friday, all year for summer, all life for happiness.”
– Raimonda. B.
31. “Every Friday, I like to high five myself for getting through another week on little more than caffeine, will power, and inappropriate humor.”
– Nanea Hoffman.
32. “Make a Friday a day to celebrate work well done that you can be proud of knowing that you just didn’t put in time to the next paycheck.”
– Byron Pulsifer.
33. “Oh! It’s Friday again. Share the love that was missing during the week. In a worthy moment of peace and bliss.”
– S. O’Sade.
34. “Every single day has to be excellent. You gotta give it all you got!”
– Eric Thomas.
35. “I challenge you to let every day be a Friday. Give yourself permission to be happy every day.”
– Joel Osteen.
36. “Weekends welcome warriors for social fun that starts on Friday.”
– David Chiles.
37. “On a Friday night, I like to go out because my friends, who have been working normal hours, just want to let go after a stressful week at work.”
– Douglas Booth.
Happy Friday Quotes That Will Get You Excited
Friday is one of the most sought after days of the week. There is no day like Friday. After Sunday comes the never forgiving Monday and Tuesday, hence leaving Friday as the one day to truly relax without worries. Here are some funny and fabulous Friday quotes. Let's thank God that Friday has finally come and we can go back to having fun!
38. “Winning doesn’t always mean being first. Winning means you’re doing better than you’ve done before.”
– Bonnie Blair.
39. “Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow.”
– Helen Keller.
40. “The secret of happiness is freedom, the secret of freedom is courage.”
- Carrie Jones.
41. "Don’t count the days. Make the days count.”
42. “If only we’d stop trying to be happy we could have a pretty good time.”
– Edith Wharton.
43. “It isn’t what you have, or who you are, or where you are, or what you are doing that makes you happy or unhappy. It is what you think about.”
– Dale Carnegie.
44. "Happiness is not an ideal of reason, but of imagination."
– Immanuel Kant.
45. “Wishes for a Happy Friday, and a happy day for every day of the week.”
– Catherine Pulsifer.
46. “Live life to the fullest and focus on the positive.”
– Matt Cameron.
47. “There are no perfect people who can say to the world, ‘I don’t need anybody else.’ We need each other. We were made to work in teams!”
– Rick Warren.
48. "Life is a drink, your love's about
To make the stars come out"
- 'Hymn For The Weekend', Coldplay.
49. “You know what I want to do? Wake up one weekend and not have to go anywhere and do nothing.”
50. “You’re only given a little spark of madness. You mustn’t lose it.”
51. “Happiness is not something ready-made. It comes from your own actions.”
– Dalai Lama.
52. “How high you fly is derived from how big you think.”
– Robin Sharma.
53. “Happiness is not a station you arrive at, but a manner of traveling.”
–Margaret Lee Runbeck.
54. “Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one.”
– Dr. Seuss.
55. “The first step is you have to say that you can.”
– Will Smith.
56. “Positivity always wins…Always.”
– Gary Vaynerchuk.
57. “There is only one way to happiness and that is to cease worrying about things which are beyond the power of our will.”
58. “Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.”
– Thich Nhat Hanh.
59. “The best way to pay for a lovely moment is to enjoy it.”
– Richard Bach.
60. “Happiness is part of who we are. Joy is the feeling.”
― Tony DeLiso.
61. “It’s finally Friday, I’m free again. I got my motor running for a wild weekend.”
More TGIF Quotes For The Upcoming Weekend
Everyone loves Thank God It's Friday quotes. We have curated the perfect list for you with quotes related to happy Friday and other TGIF funny quotes. Make your Fridays full of joy and love. After all, thank God it's a happy Friday.
62. “Follow your hopes and not your fears.”
― Jody Bower.
63. “Happiness is not something readymade. It comes from your own actions.”
– 14th Dalai Lama.
64. “Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.”
– Jim Rohn.
65. “The life you have left is a gift. Cherish it. Enjoy it now, to the fullest. Do what matters, now.”
― Leo Babauta.
66. “Participate in life instead of just watching it pass you by.”
― Lindsey Wonderson.
67. “Winning is only half of it. Having fun is the other half.”
- Bum Phillips.
68. “We don’t laugh because we’re happy – we’re happy because we laugh.”
– William James.
69. “People are just as happy as they make up their minds to be.”
– Abraham Lincoln.
70. “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.”
– Theodore Roosevelt.
71. “The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don’t have.”
– Woody Allen.
72. “You cannot change what you are, only what you do.”
– Philip Pullman.
73. “Each of us is more than the worst thing we’ve ever done.”
– Bryan Stevenson.
74. “Happiness, not in another place but this place…not for another hour, but this hour.”
– Walt Whitman.
75. “Most people would rather be certain they’re miserable, than risk being happy.”
– Robert Anthony.
76. “Be positive. Stay happy and don’t let the negativity of the world get you down.”
― Germany Kent.
77. “Be happy with what have and are, be generous with both, and you won’t have to hunt for happiness.”
– William E. Gladstone.
78. “There are years that ask questions and years that answer.”
– Zora Neale Hurston.
79. “Slow down and remember this: Most things make no difference.”
― Tim Ferriss.
80. “There is no way to happiness – happiness is the way.”
― Thich Nhat Hanh.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for TGIF quotes then why not take a look at Tuesday morning quotes, or [Monday coffee quotes].
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.