Thanksgiving Day is observed on the fourth Thursday of November in the U.S.
Thanksgiving is a tradition started by the Pilgrims and Indians to show gratitude towards all the good things in life. People do prayers together and give gifts as a way of thanking them.
The tradition of Thanksgiving dates way back to the 16th century and is still celebrated to commemorate people's togetherness. Family and friends come together for meals, parades, prayers, and games. Thanksgiving day is often associated with lots of foods like turkeys, pumpkin pies, apples, and cranberries. One of the best ways to make these moments memorable is by cracking jokes. Indulge your inner dad jokester with some lame humor to make people laugh around the table. Here we have got some hilarious Thanksgiving jokes to make your Thanksgiving dinner taste corny.
If you had a good time enjoying these funny Thanksgiving one-liners, take a look at these Halloween dad jokes, and 47 Thanksgiving Puns And Jokes That The Whole Family Will Enjoy to have a hearty laugh.
Hilarious Dad Jokes
A dad joke can be lame and corny, but it is a great mood maker. These funny dad jokes will make you thankful for having a great sense of humor. Here we have got some hilarious Thanksgiving jokes for kids that you can enjoy on a Thanksgiving day.
1. What kind of music did the Pilgrims play on the first Thanksgiving day? Plymouth rock.
2. What will you serve at Thanksgiving dinner if you accidentally sit on the sweet potatoes? Squash.
3. What would you say if it rains cats and dogs on the last Thursday of November? It is fowl weather.
4. What is Dracula's favorite holiday of the year? It is Fangs-giving day.
5. Why did the pilgrims' pants always fall? Because the pilgrims used to wear their buckles on their hats.
6. What kind of dress should one wear to the family Thanksgiving dinner? A har-vest.
7. Why was the Thanksgiving feast extremely expensive? Because it had 24 carrots.
8. What would the pilgrims be known for if they were still alive today? Their age.
9. What always comes before a parade on Thanksgiving day? The letter 'p.'
10. What face do pilgrims make when they are in pain? Pil-grim face.
11. What comes at the end of Thanksgiving? The letter 'g.'
12. What would happen if a cranberry became sad? It would turn into a blueberry.
13. How can you know the age of a pilgrim? By asking them about pilgrim-age.
14. Where did the Pilgrims first land? On their feet.
15. What would you call it if someone presents you with a tofu-turkey? Pranks-giving Day.
16. What pop song do people play on Thanksgivings day? 'All about that baste.'
17. What dish on the table makes the worst jokes at a Thanksgiving dinner? The corny bread.
18. What did the pilgrim call his friends who came with him on Mayflower? Pal-grims.
19. How did the pilgrims travel to pursue higher studies? On scholarships.
20. What will you call a creature who came back bloated from the Thanksgiving feast? A stuffed animal.
Funny Thanksgiving Jokes About Turkey
Turkey is inseparable from Thanksgiving celebrations, and so are corny thanksgiving jokes and bad thanksgiving jokes. Corny turkey jokes can create a sense of communion and can end up being some of the best Thanksgiving jokes. Take a look at this list of turkey day jokes about having a nice laugh with your family.
21. Where can you find a turkey that doesn't have legs? On the Thanksgiving dinner table.
22. What did the turkey say to the computer when it had to urgently search for something? Google, google, google.
23. Why can't a turkey eat anything on the last Thursday of November? Because it is always stuffed.
24. What type of key can never open doors? A tur-key.
25. What type of dessert does a turkey have at the Turkey Day feast? Peach Gobbler.
26. What kind of music gadgets does turkey use at the Turkey day feast? Drumsticks.
27. Why was the turkey arrested by the police? Because it was suspected of fowl play.
28. What will you call the ghost of a turkey? A poultry-geist.
29. What did the dad say when his family told him to stop making lame jokes about cold turkeys? "I can't quit cold turkey."
30. If a large turkey is called a gobbler, what would you call a baby turkey? A goblet.
31. What did one turkey say to another before a feast? "Do you believe in life after Thanksgiving?"
32. What happened to the turkey who fought with other chickens? He got his stuffing knocked out of him.
33. Can a turkey fly higher than the Empire State Building? Of course! After all, the building cannot fly.
34. When does a turkey feel the most grateful? The day after Thanksgiving.
35. Do you know why the turkey crossed the road back and forth? To prove that it is not a chicken.
36. What would you yell after seeing a turkey running on the dining table? Fast food on the table.
37. What do you call the turkey that you see the day after Thanksgiving? Lucky.
38. What does Frankenstein like to have on the fourth Thursday of November? Turkey with grave-y.
Knock-Knock Jokes For Thanksgiving
You should never say no when a turkey knocks on your door with a platter of jokes (imagine!). Funny jokes about Thanksgiving and even lame Thanksgiving jokes can make you feel both cheesy and sweet at the same time. Check out these knock-knock jokes to bring a smile to your face.
39. Knock Knock!
Arthur, any leftovers?
40. Knock Knock!
Annie thing to eat with the turkey?
41. Knock Knock!
Esther, any pumpkin pie left?
42. Knock Knock!
Dewey have any mashed potatoes left?
43. Knock Knock!
Luke at the grand Thanksgiving feast on the table.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of great Jokes, Puns, and Riddles for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our recommendations for 40+ Thanksgiving Dad Jokes, then why not take a look at Christmas Dad Jokes or Lame Jokes.
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.