There is a reason that a lion is also known as the King of beasts as well as the jungle.
The sheer power and strength that this magnificent creature exhibits, can leave anyone in awe of it. When a lion is on the prowl for hunt, one must be ready for a fight.
One of the fiercest beasts, the lion is also amongst the fastest. Led by a lion, the pride is almost invincible whether it is going for a hunt or is getting ready for a fight. Lion quotes are used by people all over as a proverb as well. Lion quotes fill such a courage in the heart that one is not even afraid of an army. Whether it be lion and sheep quotes or quotes about beasts, the love for lion quotes is in the heart of every brave man looking for motivation and leadership. We are here with a collection of all-time best lion quotes for you to provide motivation for having a roaring life. Read along for lion love quotes, funny lion quotes, lion quotes about strength and the best lion quotes.
If you like this article, check out [elephant quotes] and giraffe quotes once you finish reading Lion quotes.
Best Lion Quotes About Strength and Courage
Along with practicing its dominance over the jungle, the lion is an excellent source of inspiration and motivation for people who want to reach their goals and achieve success, and are not afraid for a fight. Lion quotes inspires people to have courage and use hard work to achieve whatever they want in life as the heart of every lion soul is fearless. Let’s take a look at some of the best be a lion quotes for you to read along with some motivating lion inspirational quotes that have the power to move the heart of every brave man and provide the much needed motivation.
1. “If a lion could talk, we could not understand him.”
- Ludwig Wittgenstein.
2. “It’s better to be a lion for a day than a sheep all your life.”
- Elizabeth Kenny.
3. “Courage is poorly housed that dwells in numbers; the lion never counts the herd that are about him, nor weighs how many flocks he has to scatter.”
- Aaron Hill.
4. “The truth is like a lion. You don’t have to defend it. It will defend itself.”
- St. Augustine.
5. “I am sometimes a fox and sometimes a lion. The whole secret of government lies in knowing when to be the one or the other.”
- Napoleon Bonaparte.
6. “If you want to be a lion, you must train with lions.”
- Carlson Gracie.
7. “It is no accident that the photographer becomes a photographer any more than the lion tamer becomes a lion tamer.”
- Dorothea Lange.
8. “A lion sleeps in the heart of every brave man.”
- Turkish Proverb.
Famous Lion Pride Quotes
A lion is one of the most beautiful, sensational yet ferocious animal that symbolize bravery, courage, and hard work. A lion sleeps in the heart of every human being, and it is woken up when an ominous challenge is faced. One must look to be led by a lion instead of being led by a sheep when going on a hunt. Let’s take a look at some of the most famous lion strength quotes and lion love quotes that will motivate you too along with some lion quotes from the Bible that are at the heart of every brave man in a leadership role.
9. “I am impelled, not to squeak like a grateful and apologetic mouse, but to roar like a lion out of pride in my profession.”
- John Steinbeck.
10. “A lion chased me up a tree and I greatly enjoyed the view from the top.”
11. “If you could cross a lion and a monkey, that’s what I’d be, because monkeys are funny and lions are strong.”
- Marlon Wayans.
12. “You don’t see sick animals in the wild. You don’t see lame animals in the wild, and it’s all because of the predator: the lion, the tiger, the leopard, all the cats.”
- Tippi Hedren.
13. “Throughout life people will make you mad, disrespect you and treat you bad. Let God deal with the things they do, cause hate in your heart will consume you too.”
- Will Smith.
14. “I never thought much of the courage of a lion tamer. Inside the cage he is at least safe from people.”
- George Bernard Shaw.
15. “The lion is an emblem of the dream of absolute power -- and, as a wild rather than a domestic animal, he belongs to a world outside the realm of society and culture.”
- Charles H. Hinnant.
16. “A truly strong person does not need the approval of others any more than a lion needs the approval of sheep.”
- Vernon Howard.
17. “The lion is, however, rarely heard - much more seldom seen.”
- John Hanning Speke.
18. “I am more afraid of an army of one hundred sheep led by a lion than an army of one hundred lions led by a sheep.”
- Charles Maurice.
19. “If it sounds like a sheep but looks like a lion, it’s probably a lion.”
- Nicholas Eames.
20. “The lion is the defender of faith, strength, valor, fortitude, and kingliness.”
- Murray Zimiles.
21. “An optimist is someone who gets treed by a lion but enjoys the scenery.”
- Walter Winchell.
22. “Only in art will the lion lie down with the lamb, and the rose grow without thorn.”
- Martin Amis.
23. “A lion is called a ‘king of beasts’ obviously for a reason.”
- Jack Hanna.
24. “I’ve got a friend who is a lion tamer. He used to be a school teacher till he lost his nerve.”
- Les Dawson.
25. “I love taking challenges, as my name Leander means ‘lion’s heart.”
- Leander Paes.
Top Lion Tattoo Quotes
The lion is a symbol that represents qualities like courage, strength, and leadership, which motivates us to move forward. The lion is a fantastic creature that reminds us of the power and potential that we all hold and lion quotes are deeply inspiring. This is the reason that animals and humans run away from lion when confronted. Similarly, many people are referred to as ‘lions’ who have displayed such qualities through their accomplishments and success. Let’s look at some of these lion quotes along with some famous march comes in like a lion quotes.
26. “Worrying gets you nowhere. if you turn up worrying about how you’re going to perform, you’ve already lost. Train hard, turn up, run your best and the rest will take care of itself.”
- Usain Bolt.
27. “No other creatures of the savannah sleep as deeply or as soundly as lions, but after all, lions are the main reason for not sleeping soundly.”
- Elizabeth Marshall Thomas.
28. “If the lion knew his own strength, hard were it for any man to rule him.”
- Thomas More.
29. “Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great makes you feel that you, too, can become great.”
- Mark Twain.
30. “The lion is passion, the lion is the fire. Lions call you to them.”
- Michael Samuels.
31. “It is better to have a lion at the head of an army of sheep, than a sheep at the head of an army of lions.”
- Daniel Defoe.
32. “Your life should be dominated by only one main fear: Not fully optimizing today. That’s the healthiest fear in the world.”
- Tai Lopez.
33. “To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream, not only plan, but also believe.”
- Anatole France.
34. “I may not be a lion, but I am lion’s cub and I have lion’s heart.”
- Elizabeth I.
35. “A lioness has got a lot more power than the lion likes to think she has.”
- Jacki Weaver.
36. “There is something about seeing rhinos and lions running free that excites you. It’s not that you feel afraid; it’s more like you’re liberated by seeing them.”
- Michael Douglas.
37. “Lions are the ones who never look back on barking dogs.”
- M. Rehan Behleem.
38. “For me life is continuously being hungry. The meaning of life is not simply to exist, to survive, but to move ahead, to go up, to achieve, to conquer.”
- Arnold Schwarzenegger.
39. “In boxing, it is about the obsession of getting the most from yourself: wanting to dominate the world like a hungry young lion.”
- Anthony Joshua.
40. “Lions are neither predators nor killers. They just go for hunting like kings; because they are the kings!”
- Munia Khan.
41. “There’s an expression in Persian, ‘to play with the lion’s tail.’ I wasn’t what Iranian society wanted me to be – a good girl. I played with the lion’s tail.”
- Golshifteh Farahani.
42. “You’ve got to stay patient, stay in the moment, keep grinding, … You never know what can happen. And it turned out well.”
- Tiger Woods.
Fantastic Lion Motivation Quotes
Lions, one of the fastest beasts, are symbols of bravery and courage and known to fight ferociously for their food, territory, and mates. One always aspires to be led by a lion instead of being led by a sheep as a lion is not even afraid of an army. All these characteristics of lions inspire us to learn fastest from them. Let’s take a look at some of the most inspirational heart of a lion quotes for you to get strength and courage in your lives led by a lion.
43. “The difference between a brave man and a coward is a coward thinks twice before jumping in the cage with a lion. The brave man doesn’t know what a lion is. He just thinks he does.”
- Charles Bukowski.
44. “The greatest fear in the world is of the opinions of others. And the moment you are unafraid of the crowd you are no longer a sheep, you become a lion. A great roar arises in your heart, the roar of freedom.”
45. “You are the master of your environment. You’ve got your own head, your own mind. So once you figure out what you want for yourself, you have to create the proper environment to make sure you can live out all the things you want.”
- Tyrese Gibson.
46. “To achieve the mood of a warrior is not a simple matter. It is a revolution. To regard the lion and the water rats and our fellow men as equals is a magnificent act of a warrior’s spirit. It takes power to do that.”
- Carlos Castaneda.
47. “Truth does not sit in a cave and hide like a lie. It wanders around proudly and roars loudly like a lion.”
- Suzy Kassem.
48. “My number one inspiration was my mother. She worked two jobs and had breakfast and dinner prepared. I essentially called my mother, The Lion. She’s fierce and she’s proud. I’d like to think some of that rubbed off on me.”
- Christopher Judge.
49. “People always want to see that, the young lion going to take the old lion out.”
- Amir Khan.
50. “The lion and the calf shall lie down together but the calf won’t get much sleep.”
- Woody Allen.
51. “Familiarity makes the lion more dangerous.”
- Jocelyn Murray.
52. “A lion who breaks the enemy’s ranks is a minor hero compared to the lion who overcomes himself.”
53. “It is better to go in the dark when the road must pass a lion and there is no other road.”
- Robert E. Howard.
54. “I try to think of myself as a lion, bringing down the kill, controlling the jungle. A lion controls his jungle.”
- John Daly.
55. “When a lion doesn’t get its prey, it remains hungry. When the prey saves himself, he has not won, but has saved his life.”
- Uday Kotak.
56. “Whatever you do; do it like a lion, wholeheartedly.”
- Harsh Tiwari.
57. “I refuse to be outworked, and I consider myself to have the heart of a lion.”
- Draymond Green.
58. “Intelligence entails a strong mind, but genius entails a heart of a lion in tune with a strong mind.”
- Criss Jami.
59. “The lion doesn’t care that the sheep laugh at him. Remember that. The lion just stays there. The animals make noise and tease. The guy with the belt is the lion.”
- B. J. Penn.
60. “This is not an end. It is a beginning. You will need the courage of a lion to face this journey.”
- Erin Hunter.
61. “The frail, vulnerable sounds of which we are capable seem to be essential to a later ability to roar like a lion without scaring everyone to death.”
- David Whyte.
62. “A rug feels like a lion, but that doesn’t mean you can ride it.”
- Lemony Snicket.
63. “A lion doesn’t concern itself with the opinion of sheep.”
- George R. R. Martin.
Motivational Lion Quotes About Strength
A lion, the king of beasts and one of the fastest runners, teaches us to be fearless and stand up for the right with utmost bravery and hard work. When the lion sleeps in the heart of a man, he does not get bothered by opinion of sheep. Let’s look at some of the most inspirational lion quotes displaying how strength should be used in our lives. We have also included some interesting lion and lioness love quotes as well.
64. “If ever you feel like an animal among men, be a lion.”
- Criss Jami.
65. “Rise to the occasion. Roar like a lion.”
- Alastair Reynolds.
66. “Oh Lion in a peculiar guise,
Sharp Roman road to Paradise,
Come eat me up, I’ll pay thy toll
With all my flesh, and keep my soul.”
- Stevie Smith.
67. “A lion is not a lion is not a lion. As individuals, as mates, as members of a society, they’re all very different.”
- Frans Lanting.
68. “It’s time to make love, douse the glim; The fireflies twinkle and dim; The stars lean together Like birds of a feather, And the loin lies down with the limb.”
- Conrad Aiken.
69. “A lion’s work hours are only when he’s hungry; once he’s satisfied, the predator and prey live peacefully together.”
- Chuck Jones.
70. “A lioness will use all of her strength even when hunting a rabbit.”
- Kazuki Nakashima.
71. “I have always liked lionesses. Female lions have always seemed like the best. They were really strong and took care of their babies and are beautiful.”
- Brooke Shields.
72. “It was the nation and the race dwelling all round the globe that had the lion’s heart. I had the luck to be called upon to give the roar.”
- Winston Churchill.
73. “Even a hare, the weakest of animals, may insult a dead lion.”
74. “When a lion meets another with a louder roar, the first lion thinks the last a bore.”
- George Bernard Shaw.
75. “Don’t ask me who’s influenced me. A lion is made up of the lambs he’s digested, and I’ve been
reading all my life.”
- Charles De Gaulle.
76. “At twenty a man is a peacock, at thirty a lion, at forty a camel, at fifty a serpent, at sixty a dog, at seventy an ape, at eighty a nothing at all.”
- Baltasar Gracian.
77. “A Lion that hunts for survival in the jungle does not envy the one being fed in a zoo.”
- Suhaib Rumi.
78. “Lions would have fared better, had lions been the artists.”
- John Henry Newman.
79. “There is no substitute for hard work. Always be humble and hungry.”
- Dwayne Johnson.
81. “Come out of the masses. Stand alone like a lion and live your life according to your own light.”
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for the all-time Best Lion quotes for a roaring life, why not look at wolf quotes or bird quotes.
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.