If you want to express your love, or wish someone ‘forever love’ on their special day, live happily ever after quotes will come to your rescue.
A thousand words can often fail what well-expressed quotes can achieve. Oh, how easy it becomes when the right 'happily ever after quotes' or 'there’s no happily ever after' quotes are in hand.
The phrase 'happily ever after' mostly comes from fairytales. If you are hopelessly romantic or too mature to believe that happily ever after quotes from fairytales don’t exist, you will find some quotes about happily ever after that match with your thoughts. The best happily ever after quotes make great wedding day quotes, romantic quotes, and quotes that express forever-and-a-day and everlasting love stories.
If you're looking for quotes about love and marriage, Disney happily ever after quotes, wedding happily ever after quotes, 'you are my happily ever after' quotes, 'and they lived happily ever after quotes, or even 'not always happily ever after' quotes, and Snow White happily ever after quotes, we've got your back.
If you enjoyed the happily ever after quotes and sayings, why not look at 'Bambi' quotes and [Hans Christian Anderson quotes].
Inspiring Happily Ever After Quotes
People who believe in eternal love enjoy reading our happily ever after quotes that articulate the existence of true love forever. Which one’s your favorite?
1. "…If you wait to the end of the story, you get to see the good people live happily ever after."
- Cat Stevens.
2. "I've already had my happily ever after."
- Terri Irwin.
3. "I want to get married and have children and live happily ever after."
- Cory Monteith.
4. "If you would stop analyzing everything and just look for things to appreciate, you would live happily ever after."
- Esther Hicks.
5. "Maybe it's a fairy tale, but I believe in happily ever after."
6. "... Nobody is teaching us how to live happily ever after, as we've heard in fairy tales."
- Yakov Smirnoff.
7. "Why can't it be a happily-ever-after ride-into-the-sunset feeling all the time?"
- Rick Riordan.
8. "… the reader was assured that the knight and the fair maiden lived together happily ever after."
- Kate DiCamillo.
9. "If there ever comes a day when we can’t be together, keep me in your heart. I’ll stay there forever."
- A. A. Milne.
10. "[A young adult novel] ends not with happily ever after…with the sense of a lot of life yet to be lived."
- Richard Peck.
11. "If it is the case that love does survive death…Boy meets girl. Boy gets girl. Happily ever after or not."
- Chuck Palahniuk.
12. "Forever in my heart is where you will be. Nobody else will enter because you have the only key."
- Adrian Jackson.
13. "We've decided on ‘forever’."
14. "In a world full of temporary things you are a perpetual feeling."
― Sanober Khan.
15. "For this moment and forever, you are my love."
― Debasish Mridha.
16. "I must say that the biggest lesson you can learn in life.. is that life is not castles in the skies, happily ever after…"
17. "The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will."
18. "My day job may be exhausting..we'll get together every Sunday and we'll all live in flavorful bliss, happily ever after."
- Chrissy Teigen.
19. "Sticking to one person for a lifetime is not a waste of time… it means you've found your place of eternity."
― Michael Bassey Johnson.
20. "Maybe there was no happily ever after…but there was happiness sometimes and she had it now..."
- Jeanne DuPrau.
21. "To me, a forever love is a bond that can't be broken."
- Nick Cannon.
22. "A guy and a girl can be just friends..they will fall for each other...maybe forever."
23. . "Immature love says: 'I love you because I need you' Mature love says 'I need you because I love you.'"
– Erich Fromm.
Best Happily Ever After Quotes
Love stories and fairy tales with a happy ending have a feel-good factor and so do these happily ever after quotes!
24. "Happily ever after doesn't come easy. But for love, it's always worth the fight."
- M. Leighton.
25. "Sometimes, on our way through the world, we meet someone who touches our heart in a way others don't."
― Philip Reeve.
26. "…We deserve a happily-ever-after." "If anyone ever did, it's us."
- Jodi Picoult.
27. "My story is definitely going to be a happily ever after, no matter what."
28. "Our story is a 'once upon a time', but it's not a 'happy ever after'."
- Rupert Sanders
29. "In all the world, there is no heart for me like yours. In all the world, there is no love for you like mine."
– Maya Angelou.
30. "I think we ought to live happily ever after."
- Diana Wynne Jones.
31. "The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart."
- Helen Keller.
32. "I can make you happy, and you make me happy. We could have a happily ever after."
- Amanda Hocking.
33. "Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired."
– Robert Frost.
34. "I just wanted to be married and to be happy ever after."
35. "Love has no age, no limit; and no death."
- John Galsworthy.
36. "That's the fairy tale. You meet, you fall in love… get married and have kids and live happily ever after."
- Sarah Addison Allen.
37. "If real life was like the movies, I should have lived happily ever after."
- Piper Laurie.
38. "A peace agreement isn't like a fairy story. You don't live happily ever after."
- Jonathan Powell.
39. "We are both going to pray that we may live together all our lives and die the same day."
― Emily of New Moon.
40. "After many decades of Disney movies, we have been conditioned to expect princesses to fall in love quickly with their charming princes and 'live happily ever after."
- Mohamed El-Erian.
41. "First I see and think I love, then I say I know I love, today and forever more I decide to love."
― Michael Sweeney.
Funny Happily Ever After Quotes
Love is an everyday feeling, even if it’s ‘Happily ever after’! It's not always about finding Prince Charming or your Shrek-equivalent. To add some fun to your day, read these humorous happily ever after quotes. We're sure you'll come back for more every day.
42. "I just want to live happily ever after, every now and then."
- Jimmy Buffett.
43. "All I will tell you is that I play a small role in someone's happily ever after."
- Patty Duke.
44. "There is no need for revenge. Living happily ever after is a sign that you have not let the past beat you."
- Leon Brown.
45. "It was love at first sight, at last sight, at ever and ever sight."
- Vladimir Nabokov.
46. "In most movies there is a Prince Charming who rides up and saves the girl."
- Zoe Lister-Jones.
47. "You can't blame gravity for falling in love."
– Albert Einstein.
48. "And they all lived happily ever after (barring death, divorce, arrest for tax fraud...)."
- Sarah Rees Brennan.
49. "Happily ever after, or even just together ever after...It’s the noblest… the most courageous thing two people can shoot for."
50. "I don’t know about happily ever after... but I know about happily, Weetzie Bat thought."
- Francesca Lia Block.
51. "Romance is about investing in the future - with older people, there is less time for happy ever after."
52. "How could two people who were so in love not end up happily ever after? It had to work. Didn’t it?"
- Elizabeth Gilbert.
53. "I believed in happily ever after as much as anyone, because Jane Austen, Prince Charming, and Hugh Grant promised me it could happen..."
― Robin Wasserman.
Happily Ever After Quotes From Stories And Fiction
Romantic, love forever lines are good to read. These dreamy, passionate, happily ever after quotes from books are a cherry on the cake. Find your favorite and have a great start to your day!
54. "A choice to refuse to let your life be defined by your relationship status but to live every day Happily and let your Ever After work itself out."
― Mandy Hale, ‘The Single Woman: Life, Love, and a Dash of Sass’.
55. "It's a full time job with a part-time companion."
― Sylvia Day, ‘Bared to You’.
56. "I don't care about anything. But I care about you."
― Stephanie Perkins, ‘Isla and the Happily Ever After’.
57. "I wanted the fairytale."
― C.J. English, ‘Affairytale’.
58. "Misunderstanding and distrust…Without them, everyone lives happily from beginning."
― Carmen DeSousa.
59. "The only magic I ever really made was the love I had with you."
― Eden Butler, 'Beg'.
60. "I love you. I loved you every day since I first met you…that will never change."
-Jacqueline Simon Gunn, ‘Forever and One Day’.
61. "You’re the best bad decision I ever made…by far, my favorite story to tell."
― Jay Crownover, ‘Charged’.
62. "When you find the person that can see you, you don’t let go."
― Anyta Sunday, ‘(In)visible’.
63. "The less time you spend dreaming up a world of happily ever after, the more time you’ll have to actually live..."
― Abby McDonald, ‘Getting Over Garrett Delaney’.
64. "Embrace the love of your life."
― Lailah Gifty Akita, ‘Think Great: Be Great!’.
65. "You aren't a hero and I'm not beautiful and we probably won't live happily ever after…But we're alive and together..."
- Philip Reeve, ‘Mortal Engines’.
66. "Once upon a time there was a girl." "Not a princess?!" She was too smart to be a princess…Does she live happily ever after?"
- Melissa Marr, ‘Wicked Lovely’.
67. "Every cell in my body was telling me that he was my happily ever after."
― C.J. English, 'Affairytale’.
68. "I can’t promise you forever, because that’s not long enough."
― Jasinda Wilder, 'Falling Into Us’.
69. "I miss you like crazy. I love you forever."
― Katy Regnery, ‘Never Let You Go’.
70. "Between the empty spaces is a place called forever."
― Jacqueline Simon Gunn, ‘Forever and One Day’.
71. "I knew why love was always described with eternity. A single minute stretched out for lifetimes."
― Shannon A. Thompson, ‘Death Before Daylight’.
There Is No 'Happily Ever After' Quotes
The destination of love is ‘forever land’! Sadly, it often doesn’t happen as planned. These ever after quotes are for those who do not believe in ever after.
72. "I didn’t want to hear that people lived happily ever after…people suffered, too."
- Heather King.
73. "Love is not sufficient. It never has been…There's always something after happily ever after."
- Arthur Phillips.
74. "Happily ever after is a concept I'll never believe in."
- Ellen Hopkins.
75. "And they lived happily ever after" is one of the most tragic sentences in literature. It's tragic because it's falsehood..."
- Joshua L. Liebman.
76. "Do you know why happily ever after is a lie… Because life is change."
- Jim C. Hines.
77. " 'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all."
-Alfred Lord Tennyson.
78. "But real life doesn't travel in a perfect straight line; it doesn't necessarily have that 'all lived happily ever after' bit..."
- Chris Kyle.
79. "There’s no such thing as handsome princes… There’s no such thing as happily ever after."
80. "And so, with laughter and love, we lived happily ever after."
- Gail Carson Levine.
81. "That means life itself is a fairy tale. Like the characters, we all live and love and search for a happily-ever-after."
- Gena Showalter.
82. "…I too believed that couples lived happily ever after. But it only happens in books."
- Amrita Singh.
Sweet 'Happily Ever After' Quotes
People live one day at a time but believe in forever love. That’s called true love. These adorable ever after quotes are for believers of endless love. Start your day right with these adorable quotes.
83. "Happily ever after, or even just together ever after, is not cheesy."
- Rainbow Rowell.
84. "Life is the flower for which love is the honey."
- Victor Hugo.
85. "There is no remedy for love but to love more."
- Henry David Thoreau.
86. "… It is the magic that begins the happily ever after."
- Walt Disney.
87. "You have to believe in love stories and prince charming and that eventually you'll find your own happily ever after."
88. "Gifts are temporary and often forgotten; love is forever and always remembered."
― Ken Poirot.
89. "Love at first sight was nothing but infatuation until proved by time."
- Margaret Mahy.
90. "But in real life, happily-ever-after is just the beginning. It's where life starts."
- Kay Hooper.
91. "Together, we form a necessary paradox; not a senseless contradiction."
― Criss Jami.
92. "If you would stop analyzing everything and just look for things to appreciate, you would live happily ever after."
- Esther Hicks.
93. "And will I tell you that these three lived happily ever after? I will not, for no one ever does..."
94. "The whole world had changed. Only the fairy tales remained the same. "And they lived happily ever after."
- Lois Lowry.
95. "I would rather spend one lifetime with you, than face all the ages of this world alone."
- J.R.R. Tolkien.
96. "I love you and that's the beginning and end of everything."
– F. Scott Fitzgerald.
97. "Books ought to have good endings… and they all settled down and lived together happily ever after?"
- J. R. R. Tolkien.
98. "The best thing to hold onto in life is each other."
– Audrey Hepburn.
99. "I am in you and you in me, mutual in divine love."
– William Blake.
100. "Time was too much a part of love, for even in fairytales the proof of love was not its first moment, but its latest ones - that people lived happily ever after."
- Margaret Mahy.
*Do you know where this quote originated? Please email us to let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for the best 'Happily Ever After' quotes from fiction and real life to inspire you, then why not take a look at celebration of life quotes, or this too shall pass quotes.
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.