Therapists are licensed, mental health professionals who help you cope with your problems by providing you with tools and guiding you through it.
Mental health is important for everyone. If you are facing any challenges regarding your mental health, or you feel like you are stuck in life, make sure you find the right therapist and reach out to them.
Therapists provide you with a safe place and listen to all your problems attentively. In the process of therapy, the client and the therapist work together, get to the root of the issue and come up with a plan of action. They help you develop your cognitive and emotional skills and help you make some healthy life changes. Here are some great Therapists quotes. Make sure you also check our articles on therapy quotes and [asking for help quotes] as you finish with this one.
Quotes On Therapy
Therapy is a treatment to heal your mind. It originates from the Latin word ‘therapies’ meaning healing. If you are going through something or had a bad day, hang in there we got you! Read these quotes on therapy below to feel better about your day.
1. “In therapy, I see myself in the mirror differently."
- Ricky Williams
2. "We may define therapy as a search for value."
3. "Music is therapy. Music moves people. It connects people in ways that no other medium can. It pulls heartstrings. It acts as medicine."
4. "The greatest healing therapy is friendship and love."
- Hubert Humphrey
5. "I think therapy is a helpful thing. I think everyone knows it. It's about your life, the quality of your life."
- Philip Seymour Hoffman
6. "It's not too difficult to get the skeletons out of the closet with people, but to get the gold out is a different matter. That is therapy. Psychology is the art of finding the gold of the spirit."
- Robert Johnson
7. "No amount of therapy can or self-care can make up for the scarcity of food & drink, time, or financial resources."
- Whitney Goodman
8. "Being able to be your true self is one of the strongest components of good mental health."
- Dr. Lauren Fogel Mersey
9. "If everybody in the world saw a therapist, we would have a better world."
- Demi Lovato
Quotes About Therapists
When we are on the verge of falling apart they know what someone needs to hear in order to survive. Dedicated to our heroes, here are a few therapist quotes.
10. "Success as a therapist is not found in doing something for the client, but rather in being something for the client."
- Ili Rivera Walter
11. "The role of the therapist is to reflect the being/accepting self that was never allowed to be in the borderline."
- Michael Edema
12. "In therapy, the therapist acts as a container for what we aren’t let out because it is so scary, or what lets itself out every so often, and lays waste to our lives."
- Jeanette Winterson
13. "Any therapist will tell you that when you're ready, you will come out. To be outed means you weren't ready."
- Billie Jean King
14. "A psychotherapist is someone who helps people to remember they are worthy."
- Perpetua Neo
Quotes For Therapists
Therapists are humans too who sometimes get overwhelmed by what they witness and know. The stories from their clients, not always but sometimes leave a rather hard impact on them. They hear about years of trauma and experience them secondhand, every day, and never have enough time to think of the right thing to say. Here are a few quotes for the heroes who make it easier for us, we love you!
15. "I believe that a different therapy must be constructed for each patient because each has a unique story."
- Irvin D. Yalom
16. "Remember, you can’t do all the work. Be content to help a patient realize what must be done and then trust his or her own desire for growth and change."
- Irvin D. Yalom
17. "We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope."
- Martin Luther King Jr.
18. "It's the children the world almost breaks who grow up to save it."
- Frank Warren
19. "Recovery is full of ups and downs. There is no such thing as a linear life."
- Brittany Burg
20. "Whatever a person frequently thinks and reflects on, that will become the inclination of their mind"
- Gautama Buddha
21. "Don't ask why the patient is the way he is, ask for what he would change."
- Milton H. Erickson
22. "There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so."
- William Shakespeare
23. "You have to lift a person up before you can really put them in their place."
- Criss Jami
24. "People cry, not because they are weak. It is because they’ve been strong for too long."
- Johnny Depp
25. "There is no exercise better for the heart than reaching down and lifting people up."
- John Holmes
26. "No psychologist should pretend to understand what he does not understand... Only fools and charlatans know everything and understand nothing."
- Anton Chekhov
27. "Just because no one else can heal or do your inner work for you doesn’t mean you can, should, or need to do it alone."
- Lisa Olivera
28. "You don’t need to find a lesson in your trauma."
- Jordan Pickel
Occupational Therapist Quotes
Read ahead for quotes by some of the best brains ever in the field of psychology - from their first day experience to the most challenging clients - they have said it all.
29. "I suppose it is tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail."
30. "Everybody should do at least two things each day that he hates to do, just for practice."
31. "Education is what survives when what has been learned has been forgotten."
32. "The greatest discovery of my generation is that human beings can alter their lives by altering their attitudes of mind."
- William James
33. "The shoe that fits one person pinches another; there is no one recipe for living that suits all cases."
- Carl Jung
34. "Even a happy life cannot be without a measure of darkness, and the word happy would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness."
- Carl G. Jung
35. "The good life is a process, not a state of being. It is a direction, not a destination."
- Carl Roger
36. “In any given moment, we have two options: to step forward into growth or to step back into safety.”
- Abraham Maslow
Funny Therapist Quotes
Humor is really the best coping mechanism, something that many people seeking professional counselling need. To lighten your mood we have for you some quotes and professional counseling experiences to find humor in. Read along to find some hilarious therapist quotes to say or to make your day.
37. "Want to get paid for watching daytime soaps? Become a therapist!"
- Paul MacAlindin
38. "Sometimes the night can be your best therapist. For the moon is free, and always there to listen."
- A.Y. Greyson
39. “My therapist told me to work on loving myself as much as I love Beyoncé”
40. "My therapist asked me to consider that most people want to be kind & aren’t trying to trap me. Sounds like a trap."
- Ashley C Ford
41. "My therapist gave me homework to do before our next session so now I can never go back to therapy."
- Maura Quint
42. "Me: I feel lost and hollow and directionless and like this city has no answers for me.
Therapist: Have you tried eating lunch?"
- Aparna Nancherla
43. "I told my therapist that everyone hates me. He said I was being ridiculous - everyone hasn't met me yet."
- Rodney Dangerfield
44. "I quit therapy because my analyst was trying to help me behind my back."
- Richard Lewis
45. "The best therapy is actually the more aggressive kind when they break you open, they unleash you."
- Cara Delevingne
46. "I tried therapy once and thought, ‘Oh God, I could outsmart you, goodbye.’ So, I won’t bother with that again."
- Kate Winslet
47. "Isn’t therapy just a podcast off the record."
- Aparna Nancherla
Occupational Therapist Quote
In these years of ups and downs we see a lot of people seeking counseling. Sometimes the best way to deal with stress is to put it in words, or to say these things out loud. If you are looking for inspiration, you are at the right place! Read along to find some inspirational quotes hope these words give your mood a boost on a hard day.
48. "Once you start making the effort to 'wake yourself up' – that is be more mindful of your daily activities – you suddenly start appreciating your life more."
- Robert Biswas-Diener
49. "You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them."
- Maya Angelou
50. "Life doesn’t make any sense without interdependence. We need each other, and the sooner we learn that the better for us all."
- Erik Erikson
51. "We cannot change the past. We cannot change the fact that people act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude."
- Charles R. Swindoll
52. “Be Your Best Without the Stress! Be the director and actor in your movie, called My Life.”
- Katrina Radke
53. "Be content with what you have. Rejoice in how things are. When you realize there is nothing lacking the whole world belongs to you."
- Lao Tzu
54. "When we encounter an unexpected challenge or threat, the only way to save ourselves is to hold on tight to the people around us and not let go."
- Shawn Achor
55. "It is not primarily our physical selves that limit us but rather our mindset about our physical limits."
- Ellen J. Langer
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for therapist quotes, then why not take a look at [helping hands quotes], or [you got this quotes].
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.