The plot opens with Carmen (the Village leader’s daughter) mistaking three silent movie actors to be real heroes!
Carmen feels the three amigos will save her little Mexican village of Santo Poco from the clutches of the Bandit ‘El Guapo’. The actual show for the three amigos opens when they struggle hard to live up to their reputation of saviors and stop El Guapo from ruining the lives of the people of the Mexican village of Santo Poco, with a gun in hand.
At first, what started as a misunderstanding later turns out to be heroic as the three amigos become successful in defeating El Guapo. They refuse any reward in return with a quote from their own movies: “Our reward is that justice has been done”.
In the new era of email and OTT, the movie is set to return to Hulu with the actors Chevy Chase, Steve Martin and Martin Short starring in a comedy show. To keep you entertained till then, we bring to you a set of 'Three Amigos' movie quotes for you to enjoy. Also, check out [Steve Martin quotes] and '80s movie quotes.
Well-Known The Three Amigos Catchphrase
We love the catchphrase! Even though they were mistaken heroes, never did the amigos fail in captivating the audience. New movies might have new concepts, better names, but they cannot beat the charm of the catchphrase we love.
1. "Lucky Day: Wherever there is injustice, you will find us.
Ned Nederlander: Wherever there is suffering, we'll be there.
Dusty Bottoms: Wherever liberty is threatened, you will find...
Together: The Three Amigos!"
–Steve Martin as Lucky Day, Chevy Chase as Dusty Bottoms and Martin S as Ned Nederlander.
Popular 'Three Amigos' Quotes
The dialogues of this movie are considered quite savage and funny and are thus popular. One of the most famous dialogue is when El Guapo tests Jefe, asking if he knows what a ‘plethora’ is and discovers later that he doesn’t, after which he tells him, plethora means 'plenty'. Do use these 'Three Amigos' quotes whenever there is injustice!
2. "Jefe: We have many beautiful piñatas for your birthday celebration, each one filled with little surprises!
El Guapo: How many piñatas?
Jefe: Many piñatas, many!
El Guapo: Would you say I have a plethora of pinatas?”
- Jefe and El Guapo.
3. "Lucky Day: Dusty, how do you like your bat?
Dusty Bottoms: Medium rare."
– Lucky Day and Dusty Bottoms.
4. "Dusty Bottoms: Time for plan B. Plan A was to break into El Guapo's fortress.
Carmen: And that you have done, now what?
Dusty Bottoms: Well, we really don't have a plan B. We didn't expect for the first plan to work. Sometimes you can overplan these things.”
– Dusty Bottoms and Carmen.
5. "El Guapo: Are gringos falling from the sky?
[Ned Nederlander falls from overhead and lands with a thud]
Jefe: Yes, El Guapo.”
– El Guapo and Jefe.
6. "Lucky Day: In a way, all of us has an El Guapo to face. For some, shyness might be their El Guapo. For others, a lack of education might be their El Guapo. For us, El Guapo is a big, dangerous man who wants to kill us. But as sure as my name is Lucky Day, the people of Santa Poco can conquer their own personal El Guapo, who also happens to be *the actual* El Guapo!”
– Steve Martin as Lucky Day.
6. "Sew, very old one! Sew like the wind!”
– Martin Short as Ned Nederlander.
7. "Ned: [whispers] Tell us we will die like dogs.”
El Guapo: You will die like dogs!”
Dusty: No, we will not die like dogs, we will fight like lions!”
– Dusty Bottoms, El Guapo and Ned Nederlander.
8. “I know each one of you, like I know my own smell!”
– Alphonso Arau as El Guapo.
Funny 'Three Amigos' Quotes
Take a look at some of the funniest and savage dialogues from the 'Three Amigos' movie and have a good laugh!
9. "Lucky Day: Well, we're just gonna have to use our brains.
Ned Nederlander, Dusty Bottoms: Damn it!"
– Lucky Day, Ned Nederlander and Dusty Bottoms.
10. "Carmen: I like the one who is not so smart.
Other girl: Which one is that?”
– Patrice Martinez as Carmen and Other Girl.
11. "Lucky Day: Mount up! ... It means get on your horses."
– Steve Martin as Lucky Day.
12. "Mr. Flugelman: Do you know what ‘nada’ means?
Dusty Bottoms: Isn't that a light chicken gravy?”
- Chevy Chase as Dusty Bottoms and Joe Mantanga as Mr. Flungelman.
13. "Lucky Day: Oh, great. You killed the invisible swordsman!
Ned Nederlander: [runs over to check] He’s dead, all right.
Dusty Bottoms: How was I supposed to know where he was?
Lucky Day: You were supposed to fire up. *We* both fired *up*. [aside] It’s like living with a six-year-old.”
– Martin Short as Ned Nederlander and Chevy Chase as Dusty Bottoms.
14. "Rodrigo: Can I have your watch when you are dead?"
– Philip Gordon as Rodrigo.
15. "Mr. Flugelman: It'll be a cold day in hell when Harry Flugelman lets an actor tell *him* what to do!”
– Joe Mantanga as Mr. Flugelman.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for 'Three Amigos' quotes, then why not take a look at ['The Other Guys' quotes], or ['The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly' quotes].
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.