There's always time for a funny pun or two, especially when you're making clocks, watches, hours or minutes the star of your jokes.
But while there's plenty of laughs to be had on the topic of time it's also a serious business. Did you know, for example, that at the top of Mount Everest a year would be around 15 microseconds shorter than a year experienced at sea level?
Ever heard of the strontium atomic clock? It's found in America and is the most accurate clock to have ever been built. Scientists say it will be accurate within a second for more than 15 billion years.
Time Travelling Funny Puns
Here are some more wonderfully funny puns you may like.
1. I heard a great time travel joke tomorrow.
2. I was voted 'Most likely to travel back in time, class of 2056'.
3. I was thinking about an old car I owned that got stuck in first gear. That took me back.
4. Light travels faster than sound. Turns out that's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
5. When the past, present and future go camping they always argue. It's intense tense in tents.
Clock Watching Time Puns
We're sure you'll find an ageless pun in amongst this selection.
6. A friend bought me a watch for my birthday, but it stopped working the second day. I've not told them yet. It's never the right time.
7. 11:59:59 is my favourite time of day - it's second to noon.
8. I held my wristwatch up to the mirror. It was time for reflection.
9. Yesterday I bought six watches. You could say I have a lot of time on my hands.
10. I got a new 24-hour clock yesterday and it's broken already. It only lasted a day.
11. How can you tell when your clock is really hungry? It goes back four seconds.
12. A man I know tried to make a belt out of watches. It was a waist of time.
13. 6:30 is the best time, hands down.
14. The wristwatch didn't believe the story the clock was telling it. It was second hand information.
15. Whatever you do, don't tick off the clock.
16. The man across the street is always sitting on his clock. He says he wanted to be on time.
More Time One-Liners And Puns
We hope you like one of these top giggles, why not share your favourite funny pun with friends?
17. My sister has taken up eating watches, but it takes a while to get through each one. It's time consuming.
18. My neighbour was always late until he started sleeping in his herb garden. Now he wakes up on thyme.
19. I keep meaning to look for my missing watch but I can never find the time.
20. I say, they're finally making a movie about clocks. It's about time.
21. Our dog is called Rolex. He's a watch dog.
22. My clock at home stopped working. Turns out it just needed a hand to get going.
23. I always take my watch off before sharing a secret. Because time will tell.
24. The book on chronology I ordered has finally arrived in the mail. It's about time.
25. My best friend and I played hide and seek today. It went on for hours. Good friends are hard to find.
Career In Time Puns
We've got more jokes here about the art of making time; remember there's always time for a good pun.
26. I wanted to do some over time at work. So I put the clock under my desk.
27. I asked the boss if I could leave early and he said yes as long as I made up the time. I said 'sure, it's half past 13'.
28. If I wanted to have the time of my life I'd work in a clock factory.
29. The robber broke into the clock shop and shouted 'hands up'.
30. I can't believe I got fired from the watch factory after all the extra hours I put in.
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.