The concept of time travel makes things interesting.
Even the greatest mind in history gets lost when it comes to time travel. The absolute truth is still to be found by human beings.
The world is extremely curious to see what is the end result of years of research. Check out this list of inspirational time travel quotes. You may like these time travel quotes and wonder how today would be different if time traveling existed. These time travel quotes give a subtle insight into a hidden life which many of us would like to see.
Going Back In Time Quotes
Traveling through time is something everybody would want to do. Here are the best traveling back to the past quotes and time travel quotes you may like.
1. "You can't turn back the clock. But you can wind it up again."
- Bonnie Prudden.
2. "You've got to always go back in time if you want to move forward."
3. "I want to go back in time. Not to change anything, but to feel something again."
4. "Do not look back with regret. Past will never come back again."
– Henry Longfellow.
5. "There's going to be moments in life where you are going to want to turn back — that's when you have to go on."
— Ritu Ghatourey.
6. "We cannot go back in time and change the past but we can repent."
– Dieter F. Uchtdorf.
7. "I love going back in time, and the only time you can really do that is on a movie set."
– Tate Taylor.
8. "Life is a learning experience. All you can do is learn from your mistakes, but you can't go back in time."
– Amy Dumas.
9. "You're trying to figure out a way to go back in time and spend more time with your father. Who wouldn't want to do that?"
10. "I wish I could freeze time or go back in time and watch my kids grow up all over again because it is just going by too fast."
– Robert Rodriguez.
11. "What happens is, when I perform, I'm somewhere else. I go back in time and get in touch with who I really am."
12. "But if I could go back in time, I wouldn't do a single thing differently. What if all those things I did were the things that got me here?"
— Cheryl Strayed.
13. "Time and space heal themselves up around them and people simply remember a version of events which makes as much sense as they require it to make."
– Douglas Adams.
14. "If you were falling in love and you could go back in time and relive a day and see the banal things you did that you'd forgotten about, you'd weep, looking at that day."
15. "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
– Douglas Adams.
Famous Time Travel Quotes
Time travel is such a wide topic of discussion. Check out these inspirational time travel quotes and some much-loved inspirational travel quotes which you may need!
16. "In a sense, we all are Time Travelers! We are surviving each and every Active Time-Point in this timeline..."
― Aldrin Mathew, 'Time Travel Experiences,' 2017.
17. "Time travel is a philosophical concept, not a scientific one. It is, in fact, as has been pointed out, scientific nonsense."
-Alexie Panshin, 'The Mirror of Infinity,’ 1970.
18. "The bottom line is that time travel is allowed by the laws of physics."
19. "Jade blinked. It was only for a fraction of a second but she could have sworn the house had changed shape."
― Richard J. Ward, 'The Hermit and the Time Machine,' 2014.
20. "There is no difference between Time and any of the three dimensions of Space except that our consciousness moves along it."
-H. G. Wells, 'The Time Machine,' 1895.
21. "Antigravity, teleportation, time travel, energetic DNA evolution, and consciousness transformation could create a world few of us ever even dreamed of."
-David Wilcock, 'The Synchronicity Key' 2013.
22. "I am charging you with the protection of my mother and friends, not to mention keeping my younger self off the Internet. He is as dangerous as Opal."
― Eoin Colfer, 'Artemis Fowl,’2008.
23. "I have a secret project which adds four hours every day to the 24 hours we have. There's a bit of time travel involved."
24. "One may never get to know how fast the time travels till the one gets in that position to race against the time."
-Neel Preet, 'Voice from the East,' 2016.
25. "It's this simple: Spacetime implies the possibility of time travel."
-Dilip D'Souza, '"How Realistic Is The Idea Of Time Travel?", Live Mint'
26. "When you ghost hunt, you kind of time travel: you get that residue of the past."
- Zak Bagans.
27. "The causality violation device may be doing something else. May have already done it. Something wonderful and terrible."
― Dexter Palmer, 'Version Control,' 2016.
28. "Come here, cat. You wouldn't want to destroy the space-time continuum, would you? Meow. Meow."
-Connie Willis, 'To Say Nothing of the Dog,' 1997.
29. "The truth is, time travel is hard, and people are lazy."
-Margaret Peterson Haddix, 'Redeemed,'2015.
30. "Even if it turns out that time travel is impossible, it is important that we understand why it is impossible."
31. "The best evidence that time travel is impossible is the fact that we haven't been invaded by hordes of tourists from the future."
32. "Don't time travel into the past, roaming through the nuances as if they can change. Don't bookmark pages you've already read."
33. "Our memory is and always will be as good as time travel gets, and in the meantime time will do the travelling for us."
- Maria Konnikova.
34. "Forward time travel is no big deal, being in reality nothing but slow aging."
-Katinka Ridderbos, 'Time,' 2002.
35. "Time travel offends our sense of cause and effect - but maybe the universe doesn't insist on cause and effect."
-Edward M. Lerner.
36. "I like science fiction, I like fantasy, I like time travel, so I had this idea: What if you had a phone that could call into the past?"
Time Travel Quotes By Scientists
Here are quotes about time travel to have a better understanding, including Stephen Hawking time travel quotes. These time travel quotes are inspirational.
37. "If time travel is possible, where are the tourists from the future?"
-Stephen Hawking, 'A Brief History of Time,’ 1988.
38. "I myself believe that there will one day be time travel because when we find that something isn't forbidden by the over-arching laws of physics we usually eventually find a technological way of doing it."
39. "Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world."
― Albert Einstein.
40. "What's important about the model is the idea that the past, present and future are all equally real."
-Dr. Kristie Miller.
41. "Time travel was once considered scientific heresy, and I used to avoid talking about it for fear of being labelled a 'crank.'"
42. "The basic idea if you're very, very optimistic is that if you fiddle with the wormhole openings, you can make it not only a shortcut from a point in space to another point in space, but a shortcut from one moment in time to another moment in time."
43. "Time travel may be possible, but it is not practical."
44. "Around and around they'd go, experiencing just half the time of everyone far away from the black hole. The ship and its crew would be traveling through time,"
-Stephen Hawking, 'The Daily Mail,'.
45. "People like us, who believe in physics, know that the distinction between past, present and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion."
46. "If you can bend space, there is a possibility of you twisting space."
Time Machine Quotes
Let's look into some of these inspirational time machine quotes and time travel quotes.
47. "Cameras are the world's first time machines."
― Rebecca McNutt, 'Smog City,'.
48. "We all have our time machines, don't we. Those that take us back are memories...And those that carry us forward, are dreams."
49. "If you ever find yourself coming out of a time machine, run. Run away as fast you can."
― Charles Yu, 'How to Live Safely in a Science Fictional Universe,'.
50. "Sometimes I wish that I could go into a time machine right now and just look at myself and say, 'Calm down. Things are gonna be fine. Things are gonna be all great. Just relax."
51. "Space-ships and time machines are no escape from the human condition."
-Arthur Koestler, 'The Trail of the Dinosaur,'.
52. "To take the time machine, one had to simply lift its case"
― M. Mehwar Anjum, 'The Heist'.
53. "When I finally invent a time machine you will already know about it because I'll have told you a long time ago."
54. "My mind has a time machine; it can travel back to the past when I close my eyes and in my dreams it travels to the future."
― Munia Khan.
55. "You don't need a time machine if you know how to remember."
-Rodman Philbrick, 'Freak the Mighty,'.
56. "I go to the movies whenever I get the chance, because the movie theater is like the woods. It's another place that's like a time machine."
-Carol Rifka Brunt, 'Tell the Wolves I'm Home,'.
57. "Smell is the closest thing human beings have to a time machine"
-Caryl Rivers, 'More Joy Than Rage,'.
58. "Never bring a gun to a fight where the other guy has a time-machine and tomorrow's newspapers."
59. "Live & do everything in such a way so that if you look back in time, you shouldn't say that if had a time machine I would've done it better."
― Immanuel Mohan.
60. I'll just tell you what I remember because memory is as close as I've gotten to building my own time machine.
-Samantha Hunt, 'The Invention of Everything Else,'.
61. "The Time Machine was left deserted on the turf among the rhododendrons."
-H.G Wells, 'The time machine: Chapter 5,'.
62. "If you have a wormhole, then you can turn them into time machines for going backward in time."
63. "I write about times and places I would visit in a time machine, like ancient Rome or the Wild West."
64. "At my house I have a full-size time machine that I've built over a couple of years... I love looking at people's faces when they walk into my office. They're literally astounded."
65. "When I was in high school, girls made fun of me for liking vampire movies. Now, I'd be their king. Time machine, where are you?"
66. "Just throw me in a time machine, hit random, and wherever I land would be great... Just being thrown into a different time really fascinates me."
Pop Culture Time Travel Quotes
Our favorite movies and shows are full of inspirational time travel quotes. Here are some from science fiction you might still love, including Doctor Who time travel quotes.
67. "If either of us ever invent time travel, we agree our first stop will be this meeting today in precisely five seconds."
-Sheldon Cooper, 'The Big Bang Theory,'.
68. "If you travel back into your own past, that destination becomes your future, and your former present becomes the past, which can't now be changed by your new future."
-Professor Hulk, 'The Avengers: Endgame'.
69. "I got two charges. One to get me here. One to get me home."
-Cable, 'Deadpool 2.'
70. "Wish we could turn back time
To the good old days"
-Twenty one pilots.
71. "Wait a minute, Doc. Are you telling me you built a time machine...Out of a DeLorean?"
-Marty McFly, 'Back to the Future,'.
72. "The question is not where but when."
-Mikkel Neilson, 'Dark'.
73. "Dormammu, I've come to bargain."
-Doctor Strange, 'Doctor Strange'.
74. "It must be some kind of hot tub time machine"
-Nick, 'Hot Tub Time Machine'.
75. "Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends dimensions of time and space."
-Brand, 'Interstellar' 2014.
76. "The future is not set. There is no fate but what we make."
-Kyle Reese, 'The Terminator'.
77. "Miss Granger, three turns should do it. Good luck."
- Albus Dumbledore, 'Harry Potter and the Prisoners of Azkaban,' 2004.
78. "You just have to come home!"
-Professor X, 'X-Men: Days of future past'.
79. "Shh! Listen! Someone's coming! I think -- I think it might be us!"
- J. K. Rowling, 'Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban'.
80. "People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."
-The Doctor, 'Doctor Who' 2007.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for Time Travel Quotes then why not take a look at Perfect Timing quotes and Time Flies quotes?
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.