Togruta species are part of the 'Star Wars' universe. Togruta is a species of humanoids from the galaxy Shili. There are many different groups within the species. In the 'Star Wars' universe the range of the "known world" has grown so huge, all species blend and get attributes from one another. A Togruta born on Coruscant will be very different in relation to one born on their homeworld, Shili.
Togruta are spottable by their bright skin tones, huge montrals and head tails, and white facial shades, which serves to conceal them from hunters. Did you know: The Togruta montrals and Togruta head tails permit them to detect the presence of items around by means of echolocation.
Togruta Names For Girls
Traversing over many years, 'Star Wars' is a popular film series that has left a permanent mark on the hearts of many watchers. The characters have become like friends and family, and the places have become like home. Below is a list of ideas for female Togruta names, some of these are from the films, and some are new ideas based on the culture.
1. Aayla (Arabic origin) means "honorable", it's a popular Togruta name.
2. Allana (Irish origin) means "precious", or "fighter", a Togruta with huge head tails.
3. Ahsoka (Indian origin) means "pure and hopeful", and "warrior", and was the most powerful fighter of the Togruta family.
4. Aloisia (Greek origin) means "famous fighter".
5. Dealla (Irish origin) means "protector" and "honorable".
6. Elda (Italian origin) means "warrior".
7. Hilda (German origin) means "battle woman".
8. Hera (Greek origin) means "protectress".
9. Kiera (English origin) means "dark or dark color-haired".
10. Kirames (Japanese origin) means "shiny" and "honorable". Kirames was the most powerful Togruta female politician of the Galactic Republic.
11. Malin (English origin) means "strong, little warrior".
12. Malou (Dutch origin) means "bitter; renowned warrior". This might be good for a Togruta Sith.
13. Marcella (Latin origin) means "warlike".
14. Numa (Arabic origin) means "beautiful," "honorable" and "pleasant", another Togruta with huge montrals.
15. Shaak ( Sanskrit origin) means "wise", and "patient". Shaak Ti was the most skilled and devoted warrior of the Jedi Order.
Togruta Names For Boys
Did you know: A normal life expectancy of a togruta is 82 to 94 years. What's more, a few incredible Force-utilizing Togruta can live for as long as 200 years. Below we have a list of names for a male Togruta. Some of them are from the 'Star Wars' canon and some are ideas, based off the Togruta culture.
16. Ackbar (Arabic origin) means "greatest", or "fighter".
17. Abdul (Arabic origin) means "a great servant of respected and honored".
18. Addaley (German origin) means "an honorable noble person".
19. Anakin (Sanskrit origin) means "warrior".
20. Aryan (Iranian origin) means "warrior," and "honorable".
21. Bodhi (Indian origin) means "enlightenment" or "fighter".
22. Casey (Irish origin) means “brave in battle”.
23. Dameron (Old French origin) means "effeminate young warrior".
24. Duncan (Scottish origin) means "dark warrior".
25. Dustin (German origin) means "fighter".
26. Ethan (Hebrew origin) means "strong" and "honorable".
27. Jedi (American origin) means "friend of God", or "fighter".
28. Kane (Welsh origin) means "warrior" and "honorable"
29. Liam (Irish origin) means "strong-willed".
30. Nakoa (Hawaiian origin) means "warrior".
Gender Neutral Togruta Names
The togruta have various options of unisex names for those who don't wish to gender their character.
31. Absalom (Hebrew origin) means "honorable", and "father of peace".
32. Avery (Old English origin) means "powerful", or "warrior".
33. Barrett (Anglo-Irish origin) means “bear strength.", or "fighter".
34. Billie (German origin) means “resolute protector", or "warrior"
35. Bobby (German/English origin) means "bright", or "honored".
36. Blake (English origin) means "dark-colored".
37. Bellamy ( French origin) means "honorable".
38. Denver (French and American origin) means "honorable", and "strong".
39. Drew (Old English origin) means "strong and manly".
40. Emerson (English origin) means "brave", and "powerful".
41. Emery (English origin) means "work ruler."
42. Evan (Irish origin) means "young warrior".
43. Finely (Scottish origin) means "warrior", "fight", or "battle".
44. Gray (English origin) means "color".
45. Tatum (English origin) means "cheerful bringer of joy", or "an honorable man".
Kidadl has lots of great baby names articles to inspire you. If you liked our suggestions for Togruta names then why not take a look at twi'lek names, or for something different take a look at 'Doctor Who' names.
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.