With their amazing K-pop music, fascinating culture, or Korean Cuisine, Koreans have taken the world by storm.
Whether you are inspired by Korean culture, or simply love K-dramas and K-Pop, you are probably aware of the Korean names and their vibrant culture. South Korea provides many fantastic name options for your pet.
Pet names are often best when they are short and concise. Using South Korean names for pets is an excellent choice as these names are also beautiful and meaningful. Korean names are highly influenced by Buddhism and South Korean culture, and are mostly single or double words. A very popular name for pets among Koreans is Bomi, which means "treasure." Below is a list of further cute Korean pet names.
Female Korean Dog Names
Female Korean dog names are cool and meaningful, so if you are thinking of adopting a dog and are looking for the perfect name for your dog, our list below may help.
1. Ae-Cha - meaning "a loving daughter".
2. Bada - meaning "sea or ocean."
3. Baekdu - meaning "the highest mountain in Korea". This name is linked with Paektu Mountain, also known as Baekdu Mountain, which is located near the China-North Korea border.
4. Bong-Cha - meaning "the ultimate girl".
5. Chin - meaning "precious".
6. Chun-Hei - meaning "grace and justice".
7. Dasom (Chinese origin) meaning "love". This name is associated with Kim Da-som, an actress-singer from Korea.
8. Dubu - meaning "tofu".
9. Goo - meaning "to complete someone". Goo Hara was an actress-singer from South Korea.
10. Hae-Won - meaning "a beautiful garden".
11. Hayan - meaning "pale or white.".
12. Heendungi - meaning "whitish".
13. Hei-Ran - meaning "a graceful orchid".
14. Hye - meaning "wisdom and intelligence". This name is associated with Song Hye-Kyo, who is a South Korean actress.
15. In-Na - meaning "delicate". This name is inspired by Yoo In-na, which is a South Korean actress and DJ.
16. Iseul - meaning "dew".
17. Kyung - meaning "respected".
18. Mi-Cha - meaning "a beautiful girl".
19. Mi Sun - meaning "a combination of beauty and goodness".
20. Min - meaning "clever, quick-minded, and responding". This name is associated with Park Min-young, who is a South Korean actress.
21. Nun-i - meaning "snow".
22. Ogboon - meaning "jade".
23. Soo - meaning "noble, kind, and charitable".
24. Taebaek - referring to "a smaller Korean mountain". The Taebaek Mountains are a mountain range running across North Korea and South Korea.
25. Ye-Jin - meaning "valuable and precious". It is one of the best Korean dog names for your precious new puppy.
Korean Male Dog Names
Many dog breeds originating from South Korea are popular all around the world. If you are welcoming a new dog into your family and struggling for the right name, we have collected some popular Korean dog names for you.
26. Baek - meaning "brother". This dog name is associated with Baek Jin-hee, an actress from South Korea.
27. Bon-Hwa - meaning "glorious".
28. Chung-Ae - meaning "noble and love".
29. Daeshim (Buddhist origin) meaning "the greatest mind".
30. Darangee - meaning "eye-catching rice terraces".
31. Gojo - meaning "inspired by the first-ever kingdom of Korea".
32. Haenguni - meaning "lucky".
33. Ho-Seok - meaning "strong and heaven". This Korean dog name is inspired by Jung Ho-Seok, a South Korean songwriter and rapper.
34. Hyun - meaning "intelligent and bright". This name is associated with Kim Tae-Pyung, an actor in South Korea.
35. Hyun Shik - meaning "smart, brilliant, and clever".
36. Hwindungi - meaning "white".
37. Jae-Hee - meaning "shining". This name is associated with Jae Hee, who is a South Korean actor.
38. Jong-Seok - meaning "great and eminent".
39. Ki - meaning "rising".
40. Kwan - meaning "powerful". This name is inspired by Lee Kwang-soo, who is a South Korean actor, entertainer, and model.
41. Miso (Japanese origin) meaning "beautiful smile".
42. Seo-Jin - meaning "omen". This name is inspired by Lee Seo-jin, who is a South Korean actor and television host.
43. Sun - meaning "goodness".
44. Su-Won - meaning "to defend or protect". This name is associated with Jang Su-won, who is a South Korean singer.
45. Tae-Hui - meaning "big or great".
46. Ulsan - meaning "the largest Korean cities".
47. Wook - meaning "sunrise".
48. Yeong - meaning "brave". This name is inspired by Kim Young-Chul, is a South Korean comedian and singer.
49. Yun - meaning "soft".
Popular Korean Female Names For Cats
Do you love cats and are thinking about adopting one? Below we have listed our favorite beautiful and cute Korean female cat names.
50. Bae - meaning " inspiration". Bae is also an endearing acronym for 'before anyone else'.
51. Bo-mi - meaning " beautiful, pretty". This name is associated with Kim Bo-mi, who is a South Korean actress.
52. Bong Cha - meaning " ultimate girl".
53. Choon-Hee - meaning " spring girl".
54. Danbi - meaning " welcome rain".
55. Eui - meaning " righteousness". This name is associated with Jang Eui-soo, who is a South Korean model and actor.
56. Eun - meaning "silver". This name is inspired by Hong Eun-hee, who is a South Korean actress.
57. Gaeul - meaning " fall, autumn".
58. Hae - meaning " ocean". This name is associated with Shin Hye-sun, who is a South Korean actress.
59. Ha-eun - meaning " kindness, mercy".
60. Hea - meaning " grace".
61. Ji-a - meaning "wisdom and knowledge". This name is inspired by Yoo Ji Ae, who is a South Korean singer and rapper.
62. Jong-Seol - meaning "eminent."
63. Mee - meaning "beauty".
64. Nam-Sun - meaning "pure and honest". This name is associated with Nam Sung Jin, who is a South Korean actor.
65. Seok-Yeong - meaning "petal, flower".
66. So-Hui - meaning "splendid, glorious". This name is inspired by Kim So-hui, who is a South Korean taekwondo practitioner.
67. Sung - meaning "successor". This name is associated with Sung Hoon, who is a South Korean actor and voice actor.
68. Sun-won - meaning "defend."
69. Ye-Jin - meaning "precious and valuable". This name is inspired by Son Ye-jin, a popular actress.
70. Yu-na - meaning "to endure".
Best Male Korean Cat Name
If you are thinking about what to name your new kitten, why not go for something fun, simple and unique? Below we have a selection of short and sweet names for your male cat.
71. Dak-Ho - meaning "deep lake".
72. Geon - meaning "strength". This name is associated with Song Geon-hee, an actor from South Korea.
73. Haneul - meaning "great and vast." This name is inspired by Kim Ha-Neul, who is a South Korean actor.
74. Ho-Seok - meaning "strong, heaven".
75. Hwan - meaning "shining and bright". This name is associated with Hwang Yoon-Seok, a South Korean actor and singer.
76. Jong-Seok - meaning "great, eminent".
77. Kyu - meaning "standard". This name is associated with Lee Kyu-Han, an actor from South Korea.
78. Min-ho - meaning "brave and heroic". This name is inspired by Lee Min-ho, who is a South Korean actor, singer, and model.
79. Seulgi - meaning "wisdom". This name is associated with Kang Seul-gi, who is a South Korean singer and dancer.
80. Seung - meaning "winning". This name is inspired by Cho Seung-hee, a South Korean singer and actor.
81. Suk - meaning "rock, stone".
82. Su-won - meaning "defend, protect". This name is associated with Su- Woon Ji, an actress from South Korea.
83. Tae-Hui - meaning "big, great".
84. U-Yeong - meaning "glory, honor".
85. Yeo - meaning "mildness". This name is inspired by Choi Yeo-jin, who is a South Korean-Canadian model-turned-actress.
86. Yu-Jin - meaning "precious, valuable". This name is inspired by Kim Yu-jin, who is a South Korean singer and actress
87. Yue - meaning "moon."
Best Unisex Korean Cat Names
Most Korean cat names are gender-neutral. Below we've created a list of some of the best unisex Korean names for cats.
88. Cho - meaning " beautiful/handsome". This name is associated with Cho Yoon-woo, who is a South Korean actor.
89. Dae - meaning "greatness".
90. Dong - meaning "east". Jang Dong-woo is a South Korean singer, rapper, and actor.
91. Gi - meaning "brave". Lee Gi-Kwang is a singer, songwriter, and actor.
92. Haneul - meaning " heaven/sky".
93. Hee - meaning " brightness". Kim Hee-chul is a South Korean singer.
94. Ho - meaning " goodness".
95. Jin - meaning "jewel". This name is associated with Hong Jin-young, a trot singer, and entertainer.
96. Jung - meaning "righteous". Jung Chan-woo is an actor-singer from Korea.
97. Kyong - meaning "brightness". This name is inspired by Min Kyung-hoon, a singer from South Korea.
98. Min - meaning "clever".
99. Moon - meaning "learned". Moon Hee-Joon is a South Korean pop-rock singer-songwriter.
100. Myung - meaning "brightness". This name is associated with Myung Se-bin, an actress from South Korea.
101. Shin - meaning "belief". Shin So-Yul is an actress from South Korea.
102. Soo - meaning "excellence". This name is associated with Choi Soo-young, who is a South Korean singer, actress, and songwriter.
Kidadl has many more pet names articles for you. If you liked our suggestions for Korean pet names then why not take a look at our Irish dog names or for something more specific take a look at these brown dog names.
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.