'ATL' is a hilarious take on friendship and is directed by Chris Robinson, an American film, commercial, and music video director.
An original story by Antwone Fisher, 'ATL' is based on the experiences of the film's producers Dallas Austin and Tionne 'T-Boz Watkins. 'ATL' stands for Atlanta, Georgia, where most of the movie was filmed.
The film is about four working-class teenagers who grow up in Atlanta, Georgia where hip-hop music rules and the coolest place to hang out among teens is a rollerskating rink. As high school ends, the teenagers started facing challenges that bring about turning points in their lives.
The main cast of the film includes T.I. As Rashad Swann, Evan Ross as Anton 'Ant' Swann, Lauren London as Erin 'New New', Jackie Long as Benjamin 'Esquire', Albert Daniels as Brooklyn, Jason Weaver as Teddy, Big Boi as Marcus, Keith David as John Garnett, April Clark as Tondie, and Mykelti Williamson as Uncle George.
The movie is about growing up, falling in love, the importance of friends, working, and planning your future accordingly. Let's look at some of the most amusing and the best 'ATL' quotes.
If you like these, then do read our [super troopers quotes] and ['Guardians Of The Galaxy' quotes] as well.
Best ATL Movie Quotes
Here are some of the quotes from 'ATL' the movie and some 'ATL' Rashad quotes.
1. "My pops used to always say dreamin' is the luxury of children, and that I should enjoy it. And he was right."
- Rashad, 'ATL'.
2. "I can't even believe I'm telling you this right now. You're different, Rashad. You're special."
- NewNew, 'ATL'.
3. Brooklyn: "Why after every sentence you call me shawty? 'Yo shawty... shawty'... I'm taller than you!"
Rashad: "Okay, well, let me ask you this then: in New York City then why ya'll gotta say "yo, son" after every sentence? I'm not your kid, I'm not your child, why I gotta be your son?"
Brooklyn: "I call you sun, 'cause you shine like one. Ya' feel me?"
Rashad: "That was real sentimental. Thanks."
Famous ATL Quotes Uncle George
Some beautiful lines by Uncle George.
4. "My loneliness like the night air: invisible to the eye, oblivious to the touch, in its cold uncomfortableness."
- Uncle George, 'ATL'.
5. "Now, look, I ain't trying to get in your business... but, I mean I do know a little something about being pissed. I mean, it's all - You know, it's all just feelings, man. From females to friends to funerals...it's all about the feelings. I just want you to recognize the difference between what you feel and what's real. That way you don't look back on life with a bunch of regrets."
- Uncle George, 'ATL'.
Funny ATL Quotes
Here are some hilarious ATL quotes.
6. "Fine, be that way! That's why you need a timing belt."
- Antwone 'Ant' Swann, 'ATL'.
7. "[to his brother] You ain't gotta be a dope boy to have money."
- Rashad, 'ATL'.
8. "I don't know. They keep hangin' up."
- Star, 'ATL'.
9. "Here come Ghetto Ghetto and her two twins."
- Esquire, 'ATL'.
ATL Movie Teddy Quotes
Teddy played by Jason Weaver is one of the close friends of Rashad who delivered some but good lines.
10. "Pssh, well, then you should know that, that I'm the quickest one out there, you know? I be pumpin' in out there, baby. I pop, pop, pop!"
- Teddy, 'ATL'.
11. "I mean, why don't you just let me finish what I gotta say?"
- Teddy, 'ATL'.
T.I Quotes From ATL Movie
Some ATL quotes that we have collected for you to enjoy.
12. "Jay: [whispers] I heard you holding that!
Antwone 'Ant' Swann: Man, who told you that?
Jay: You trying to act like I haven't known you since the third grade.
Antwone 'Ant' Swann: Yeah, but you've been out of school for four weeks."
13. "New New: Why don't you cut across the middle and get your feet wet?
Esquire: Why don't you go roll neck at somebody else and get up out mine's?
New New: I'm just trying to help you out! Your takeoff is weak and you're starting to make Rashad look bad!
Esquire: [frowns at her] I don't like you. I really don't!
New New: [points to the rink] Uh-oh. And why don't you go catch up?"
14. "Brooklyn: Oh, can I get an iced tea?
Waffle House Waitress: Sweet or Unsweet?
15. "Jay: Man, I had mono. So what's up? You holding, or what?
Antwone 'Ant' Swann: [pauses] Naw.
Jay: Aight, that's what's up.
Antwone 'Ant Swann: [walks down the stairs; whispers to his friends] Narc."
16. "Antwone 'Ant' Swann: What you hustlin'?
Rashad: You know better than that."
17. "New New: I know what you gon' ask me, Teddy, I know you. And I seen you skate.
New New: So that tells me everything I need to know about a man."
Big Boi Quotes From ATL
Here are some of the lines of Marcus played by Big Boi with Antwone Swann.
18. "Marcus: Any kids?
Antwone 'Ant' Swann: "None that I know of.
Marcus: You doing somethin'?
Antwone 'Ant' Swann: I'm doing a li'l somethin'.
Marcus:"Boy, you ain't doin' nothin', boy! What's your last place of employment, Youngblood?
Antwone 'Ant' Swann: Cleaning.
Marcus: Cleaning? Looks like Swann Cleaning Service 'bout to lose an employee."
19. "Marcus: You wanna work, right?
Antwone 'Ant' Swann: Yeah.
Marcus: But you know this is a grown-man business, right?
Antwone 'Ant' Swann: I know.
Marcus: You sure?
Antwone 'Ant' Swann: Uh-huh.
Marcus: Okay. We'll see."
20. "Austin: This is Ant.
Antwone 'Ant' Swann: [extends hand] Sup?
Marcus: [extends fist for pound] Germs. Cleanliness is next godliness, right?
Antwone 'Ant' Swann: Aight.
Marcus: Back up."
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for top 20 ATL quotes From the hilarious film about friends, roller skating, and life after high school, then why not take a look at [funny Disney quotes], or [funny star wars quotes]?
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.