It's true to say we've all been there at some point in our lives when we do something so out of character just to get ourselves noticed by someone we love, or on a social media post.
Now imagine doing this at every social gathering or among your friends and family. Yes, such people exist, and you may not have noticed yet, but they may be right amidst our lives, trying their best to feed their love of attention.
Attention seekers do anything to make situations about themselves in sometimes narcissistic ways, simply because they require validation. Perhaps you're mature enough and belong to a very responsible group of friends who wouldn't resort to such a tactic. Attention seeking is not inherently wrong, but it can quickly get annoying.
It may not always come from a bad place. It may be the result of lacking trust, confidence, or even appreciation. And once they've gotten the taste for it, they may get addicted to it. Or, when it comes to relationships, you may seek attention from your parents or your significant other. This may burden the relationship as one of them is trying to please the other while the other has a very high and constant expectation.
With social media being a part of our daily lives, we come across attention-seeking people and behaviour in almost every other post. Social media being an attention seeker's playground with access to so many people who can feed them attention at just the press of a button. It may indeed seem funny at times, but sometimes these little stints may be a cry for help. Keep an eye out for the signs.
So how do we deal with this? You may completely ignore the attention seekers, or you may need to reassure them that they matter and are relevant. Personally, it is never too late to start working on self-love and recognizing what you're truly worth. But sometimes attention seeking is fun, we all deserve the lime light sometimes and need reassurance!
Let's see how, with these attention seeker quotes. If you need more such articles, try our [attention quotes] and [extrovert quotes].
Quotes About Attention Seekers
Here are some quotes to help you recognize the attention seekers.
1. "The constant attention is what is so difficult."
2. "Trying to be offensive for the sole purpose of being offensive should always deem one the least offensive of offenders."
3. "People can become addicted to fame, money, and attention as deeply as they become addicted to drugs."
4. "It's always worthless sort of person who puts himself out in order to get somebody else worked up."
5. "He who seeks only for applause from without has all his happiness in another’s keeping."
6. "Everyone is trying to be famous and everyone is trying to trend."
-De philosopher DJ Kyos.
7. "In a social media world, the danger is being overexposed and when something is overexposed it is no longer interesting…if ever it was."
-Donna Lynn Hope.
Quotes For Attention Seekers
Here are some attention seeker quotes and sayings to better yourself.
8. "The hunger for attention is an enemy of self-love."
9. "Concentrate all your thoughts upon the work at hand. The sun's rays do not burn until brought to a focus."
-Alexander Graham Bell.
10. "A truly strong person does not need the approval of others any more than a lion needs the approval of sheep."
11. "We only shout when we neglect what silence can do."
-Ernest Agyemang Yeboah.
12. "The sun announces its presence with light, not words; do likewise."
13. "It's very different once you get all this attention, though. Because then you want to control it. And you can't exactly."
14. "Sometimes glass glitters more than diamonds because it has more to prove."
15. "An amazing thing happens when you stop seeking approval and validation; You find it."
Curley's Wife Attention Seeker Quotes.
Quotes about Curley's wife from the popular novel 'Of Mice and Men' by John Steinbeck often concern attention seeking and quotes about attention seekers.
16. "I get lonely."
17. "Her fingernails were red."
18. "Why can't I talk to you? I never get to talk to nobody."
19. "Think I don't like to talk to somebody ever' once in a while."
20. "She had full rouged lips and wide-spaced eyes heavily made up."
Attention Seeker Quotes For Her
We have 'you're such an attention seeker' quotes to simply let someone know.
21. "A woman will always be insecure if she attaches her identity and sense of worth to the amount of male attention she gets."
22. "Once you figure out what respect tastes like, it tastes better than attention. But you have to get there."
23. "All bad behavior is really a request for love, attention, or validation."
24. "Don't seek approval. This may be the toughest suggestion for you to follow and the most important."
-T. J. MacGregor.
25. "People with an unbridled thirst for attention is usually very empty and trying to fill themselves at the expense of others."
26. "When you do not seek or need approval, you are at your most powerful."
27. "People are naturally drawn like magnets to those who know who they are and cannot be shaken!"
28. "The woman who does not require validation from anyone is the most feared individual on the planet."
29. "You’re giving your personal power away every time you seek validation from someone else for who you are."
-T. J. MacGregor.
30. "Of course I’m naughty. I’ve always had to compete for attention, you see."
Sarcastic Quotes For Attention Seekers
Funny attention seeker quotes for the one screaming 'I'm not an attention Seeker', quotes to note.
31. "Seek respect, not attention. It lasts longer."
-Ziad K. Abdelnour.
32. "Needing approval is tantamount to saying, 'Your view of me is more important than my own opinion of myself.'"
-Wayne W. Dyer.
33. "When dealing with people, remember you are not dealing with creatures of logic, but with creatures bristling with prejudice and motivated by pride and vanity."
34. "Attention is a limited resource, so pay attention to where you pay attention."
35. "As long as you look for someone else to validate who you are by seeking their approval, you are setting yourself up for disaster. You have to be whole and complete in yourself. No one can give you that. You have to know who you are- what others say is irrelevant."
36. "Most people who seek attention and regard by announcing that they're writing a novel are actually so devoid of narrative talent that they can't hold the attention of a dinner table for thirty seconds, even with a dirty joke."
37. "Do not wait for someone else to validate your existence; it is your own responsibility."
38. " It is not a character fault or weakness or seeking attention. It is somebody who is ill."
39. "If you are going to do something truly innovative, you have to be someone who does not value social approval. You can’t need social approval to go forward. Otherwise, how would you ever do the thing that you are doing?"
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for attention seeker quotes, then why not take a look at introvert quotes or satire quotes?
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.