Are you looking for awesome names that will never age?
Wouldn't it be the best thing for a baby, a character or even a business to have a name that will stay trendy forever? But how can one get hold of such futuristic names?
Names like Artemis, Dasha and Zyla are a few super cool names that share the value of the modern world and are inspired by beautiful meanings for girl names and boy names. There are even cool space names that have recently taken up popularity in the name charts. Cielo, Izar, Cybele and Hilda are few futuristic-sounding names that are sure to get everyone's attention right away. So here are a few lists of cool futuristic names best suited for you inspired by different cultures.
Futuristic Girls Names
Futuristic names for girls might continue to be popular for a longer time because of their uniqueness and contemporarily modern styles.
1. Adaline (French origin) meaning "nobility or noble". This baby girl name is the perfect reference for a futuristic name for characters or baby names. It is also used in a movie named 'Age of Adaline', which focuses on the protagonist's never-ageing feature.
2. Aeryn (Irish origin), meaning "daughter of Eire or daughter of Ireland", is an Irish variation of the name Erin or Irene.
3. Ariana (Italian origin) meaning "holy". One of the more futuristic baby names made famous by Ariana Grande, an American singer.
4. Arwen (Welsh origin) meaning "noble maiden".
5. Astrid (Scandinavian origin) meaning "divine beauty". Astrid Lindgren was a Swedish writer.
6. Azura (Spanish origin) meaning "blue sky".
7. Baila (Spanish origin) meaning "dancer".
8. Bevin (Irish origin) meaning "fair lady, woman".
9. Bianca (Italian origin) means "white". It is a popular name in the American film industry, which never seems to get old as a name for a baby girl or female character.
10. Calixta (Greek origin), meaning "the one who is most beautiful", is a name associated with Roman mythology.
11. Callista (Greek origin) meaning "most beautiful and attractive".
12. Camila (Italian origin), meaning "young attendant", associated with the famous American-Cuban singer Camila Cabello. She was one of the lead singers from the X-factor girl group named the Fifth Harmony.
13. Charlette (French origin) meaning "free person".
14. Cybele (English origin) meaning "mother of all Gods".
15. Dael (Hebrew origin) meaning "knowledge of God".
16. Dasha (Greek origin) meaning "gift of the God".
17. Drea (Greek origin) meaning "courageous one".
18. Echo (Greek origin), meaning "reverberating sound", is an edgy and futuristic example of baby names for a girl.
19. Eliette (Hebrew origin) meaning "my God has answered".
20. Erinna (Irish origin) meaning "from the west islands".
21. Ezri (Hebrew origin) meaning "my help".
22. Fantasia (Greek origin) meaning "imagination".
23. Felicity (Irish origin) meaning "good fortune". This one of the popular futuristic baby names that will never age with time.
24. Greer (Scottish origin) meaning "watchful or alert".
25. Harper (English origin), meaning "the harp or harp player", is associated with the famous writer Harper Lee.
26. Hilda (German origin) meaning "battle woman". Literary association with Hilda Doolittle, the American poet.
27. Hoshi (Japanese origin) meaning "star".
28. Ivara (German origin) meaning "yew tree or archer".
29. Juliet (English, French origin) meaning "youthful". It is famously associated with the female protagonist in Shakespearean play names, 'Romeo and Juliet'.
30. Juniper (Latin origin) meaning "evergreen".
31. Karis (Greek origin) meaning "grace".
32. Kyla (English, American origin) meaning "joyful one".
33. Lilium (Latin origin) meaning "lily, flower". This is one of the cutest sounding futuristic girl names that are perfect for a never-ageing name.
34. Melanin (Greek origin) meaning "dark".
35. Minerva (Latin origin), meaning "intellectual", is also known as the Roman goddess of war and wisdom.
36. Mischa (Russian origin) meaning "honey or the bee". Name taken by Mischa Barton, a British-American film actress.
37. Natania (Hebrew origin) meaning "gift of God".
38. Novelia (Latin origin) meaning "new, fresh".
39. Oceana (Greek origin) meaning "from the sea".
40. Secora (Spanish origin) meaning "the genuine helper".
41. Thalassa (Greek origin) meaning "the sea".
42. Tove (Scandinavian origin) meaning "beautiful".
43. Violet (English origin) meaning "purple color, blue flower".
44. Willow (Middle English origin) meaning "gracefully slender".
45. Zelina (Latin origin) meaning "heaven". This futuristic name is also associated with Zelina Vega, a professional female wrestler.
46. Zosia (Greek origin) meaning "wisdom".
47. Zyla (Hebrew origin) meaning "reflection of one's self".
Futuristic Boys Names
Here are a few futuristic boy names that would be the perfect choice for parents to use for a futuristic baby or for anyone looking to give a trendy and awesome name to their character.
48. Adlai (Hebrew origin) meaning "God is just".
49. Alpha (Greek origin) meaning "the first letter".
50. Anakin (American origin) meaning "warrior". The name is associated with Anakin Skywalker, a lead character in the 'Star Wars' film franchise.
51. Axton (English origin) meaning "sword stone".
52. Calihan (Irish origin) meaning "the one who loves churches". It is associated with the famous arena in the USA.
53. Calyx (Greek origin) meaning "handsome man".
54. Cashel (Irish origin), meaning "fortress", is also referred to as a town in the Republic of Ireland.
55. Cassian (Latin origin), meaning "hollow", is one of the baby names also associated with Chinese cinnamon which has a strong flavor.
56. Cedro (Spanish origin) meaning "strong and special gift"; one of the names associated with Citrus or Cedro Lemon.
57. Cielo (Italian origin) meaning "sky".
58. Drake (Latin origin) meaning "male duck" associated with Aubrey Drake Graham, a famous rapper of the age.
59. Derry (Irish origin) meaning "like an oak" popularly associated with the town in New Hampshire.
60. Edsel (English origin), meaning "noble", was one of the names taken by Henry Ford II's son.
61. Elwyn (English origin) meaning "noble friend".
62. Everard (Old English origin) meaning "hardy" associated with New Zealand's basketball player, Everard Bartlett.
63. Fio (Italian origin) meaning "flowering".
64. Freddy (German origin) meaning "ruler"; this one took up the popularity in baby names list after the emergence of the iconic Freddy Mercury, the lead singer and songwriter of English rock band 'Queen'.
65. Harlin (Old English origin) meaning "army land".
66. Izar (Basque origin) meaning "star".
67. Jax (English origin) meaning "God has shown favor, mercy".
68. Jonas (Hebrew origin), meaning "God is gracious", has recently picked up the game after the repetitive suggestions in the Netflix series 'Dark'.
69. Kael (Irish origin), meaning "slender", is a name associated with the popular fictional character in the fantasy film 'Willow'. This futuristic baby name has a variation of Cael.
70. Kaiser (Old German origin) meaning "king or the ruler"; associated with Kaiser Wilhelm, and Kaiser Wilhelm 1, the former German emperors.
71. Kian (Irish, English origin) meaning "king".
72. Kiefer (German origin), means "pine or barrel maker", is also considered an occupational name.
73. Knox (Scottish origin) meaning "round hill"; a name after the famous liberal arts college in Illinois, USA.
74. Leo (German origin), meaning "lion", is a zodiac sign which is also one of the never-dying baby names. It also makes an awesome name for characters and projects.
75. Lorenzo (Italian origin), meaning "someone from Laurentum", is quite a famous name taken by many Italian sportspersons and American public figures.
76. Ludek (French, German origin) meaning "famous warrior".
77. Mircea (Slavic, Romanian origin) meaning "peace".
78. Nye (Welsh origin) meaning "honor". This is also a county in Nevada.
79. Odo (German origin), meaning "possessor of wealth", is a name usually associated with the sci-fi franchise 'Star Trek'.
80. Oceanus (Latin origin) meaning "from the sea" is a male variation of the name Oceana. This is one of the popular business names used in India.
81. Rivo (Italian origin) meaning "a stream or river".
82. Rui (Portuguese origin), meaning "famous ruler", is associated with the giant cantaloupe plant.
83. Ryker (German origin) meaning "rich".
84. Silas (English, Latin origin) meaning "forest or wood".
85. Skywalker (American origin) means "one who walks on the sky"; this is a futuristic name inspired by Luke Skywalker from the 'Star Wars' franchise.
86. Sven (Scandinavian origin) meaning "youth, youthful".
87. Tar (Korean origin) meaning "great one".
88. Xander (Greek origin) meaning "defender of men". This is a variation of Alexander's name.
Gender-Neutral Futuristic Names
Futuristic baby names or a futuristic name with non-binary tags have been trending throughout the world in these times of progress and acceptance.
89. Auryn (Welsh, Celtic origin) meaning "gold".
90. Archie (German origin) meaning "brave".
91. Artemis (Greek origin), meaning "safe and protected", is commonly associated with the moon.
92. Arya (Persian, Indian origin), meaning "noble one", has recently exploded in popularity due to a 'Game of Thrones' character.
93. Espen (Scandinavian origin), meaning "God bear", is a dominantly male name but can also be used as girl names like how it is used in the movie 'Blended'.
94. Idris (Welsh, Arabic origin) meaning "fiery leader or prophet", is one of the futuristic baby names used for both boys and girls.
95. Janus (Greek origin) meaning "gateway".
96. Nova (Latin origin) meaning "new". A perfect baby name for your baby girl.
97. Paisley (Latin origin) meaning "Church".
98. Shia (Arabic origin) meaning "followers".
99. Zaiden (American origin) meaning "surplus, increasing".
100. Zen (Greek origin) meaning "meditation". This is a popular name amongst people as a form of Buddhism.
Kidadl has lots of great names articles to inspire you. If you liked our suggestions for Futuristic Names then why not take a look at Zabrak Names, or for something different take a look at Tree Names For Girls.
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.