For more than 6,000 years, horses have been friends to humankind.
Horses have helped us at every step with the transformation of modern society. The connection between humans and horses goes way beyond just as a mode of transportation.
Ever since their domestication, we have had a deep fascination for these majestic animals. From transportation, and plowing fields to carrying us into wars, and being a faithful companion. Horses have benefited humanity in a variety of ways and continue to do so even now. With such admiration, there ought to be great words spoken about them. Here are some of the most inspirational horse quotes, alongside some cute and funny horse quotes from some prominent figures in history and modern times. You could also check out short horse quote, black beauty quotes, love animals quotes, horse quotes for girls, horse inspirational quotes, horse quotes for cowgirls, inspirational horse quotes for graduates, funny inspirational horse quotes and equestrian quotes
For more related content take a look at [inspirational baseball quotes] or inspirational Marvel quotes.
Deep Inspirational Horse Quotes And Sayings
Famous horse quotations and sayings about horses.
1. “The horse, with beauty unsurpassed, strength immeasurable and grace unlike any other, still remains humble enough to carry a man upon his back.”
— Amber Senti.
2. “The essential joy of being with horses is that it brings us in contact with the rare elements of grace, beauty, spirit, and freedom.”
— Sharon Ralls Lemon.
3. “I can make a General in five minutes, but a good horse is hard to replace.”
— Abraham Lincoln.
4. “Flaming enthusiasm, backed up by horse sense and persistence, is the quality that most frequently makes for success.”
— Dale Carnegie.
5. “Wherever man has left his footprints in the long ascent from barbarism to civilization, we find the hoofprints of a horse beside it.”
— John Trotwood Moore.
6. “There is something about riding down the street on a prancing horse that makes you feel like something, even when you ain’t a thing.”
— Will Rogers.
7. “There is no other feeling in the world to compare with it if one loves a great horse. It gives a thrill that nothing else ever can. It cannot be put into words, because words cannot express it.”
— Samuel Riddle.
8. “To place your horse’s need for you to let him leave his failing body above your need to keep him with you - that - is the greatest and purest love.”
— Cynthia Garrett.
Beautiful Inspirational Horse Quotes
Best quotes about horses that are inspirational.
9. “I am still under the impression that there is nothing alive quite so beautiful as a horse.”
— John Galsworthy.
10. “I’ve often said there’s nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse.”
— Ronald Reagan.
11. “A horse doesn’t care how much you know until he knows how much you care.”
— Pat Parelli.
12. “If you persevere long enough, if you do the right things long enough, the right things will happen.”
— Ian Millar.
13. “I call horses ‘divine mirrors’ - they reflect back the emotions you put in. If you put in love and respect and kindness and curiosity, the horse will return that.”
— Allan Hamilton.
14. “I sit astride life like a bad rider on a horse. I only owe it to the horse’s good nature that I am not thrown off at this very moment.”
— Ludwig Wittgenstein.
15. “A lovely horse is always an experience.... It is an emotional experience of the kind that is spoiled by words.”
— Beryl Markham, ‘West With The Night’.
16. “The essential joy of being with horses is that it brings us in contact with the rare elements of grace, beauty, spirit and freedom.”
— Sharon Ralls Lemon.
Horseback Riding Quotes
Best inspirational horse quotes about horseback riding.
17. “Don’t be the rider who gallops all night and never sees the horse that is beneath him.”
18. “A man on a horse is spiritually, as well as physically, bigger than a man on foot.”
— John Steinbeck.
19. “There are many wonderful places in the world, but one of my favorite places is on the back of my horse.”
— Rolf Kopfle.
20. “It’s a lot like nuts and bolts, if the rider’s nuts, the horse bolts!”
— Nicholas Evans.
21. “When I bestride him, I soar, I am a hawk: he trots the air; the earth sings when he touches it; the basest horn of his hoof is more musical than the pipe of Hermes.”
— William Shakespeare.
22. “There are only two emotions that belong in the saddle; one is a sense of humor and the other is patience.”
— John Lyons.
23. “They say princes learn no art truly, but the art of horsemanship. The reason is, the brave beast is no flatterer. He will throw a prince as soon as his groom.”
— Ben Johnson.
24. “A good trainer can hear a horse speak to him. A great trainer can hear him whisper.”
— Monty Roberts.
25. “Equestrian art is the perfect understanding and harmony between horse and rider.”
— Nuno Oliveira.
26. “If you’re lucky enough to draw a good horse, you still have to ride him, then the next ones.”
— Chris LeDoux.
27. “When riding a horse we leave our fear, troubles, and sadness behind on the ground.”
— Juli Carlson.
28. “When riding a horse, we borrow freedom.”
— Helen Thomson.
29. “Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of Solitaire. It is a grand passion.”
— Ralph Waldo Emerson.
30. “You can see what man-made from the seat of an automobile, but the best way to see what God made is from the back of a horse.”
— Charles M. Russell.
Short Inspirational Horse Quotes
Short horse riding quotes along with some great horse captions and cute horse quotes.
31. “No one can teach riding so well as a horse.”
— C. S. Lewis.
32. “Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway.”
— John Wayne.
33. “There is no better place to heal a broken heart than on the back of a horse.”
— Missy Lyons.
34. “You cannot train a horse with shouts and expect it to obey a whisper.”
— Dagobert D. Runes.
35. “There is much we can learn from a friend who happens to be a horse.”
— Aleksandra Layland.
36. “It is the horse’s gift to connect us with Heaven and our own footsteps.”
— Ronni Sweet.
37. “A horse gallops with his lungs perseveres with his heart and wins with his character.”
— Frederico Tesio.
38. “Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people.”
— W.C Fields.
39. “Horses lend us the wings we lack.”
— Pam Brown.
40. “A man in passion rides a horse that runs away with him.”
— Thomas Fuller.
Wild Horse Quotes
Best quotes and sayings about wild horses.
41. “Sometimes a wild horse needs to feel that his rider is just a little bit wilder.”
— Francesca Lia Block.
42. “When I was in my twenties, it felt like I was riding wild horses, and I was hoping I didn’t go over a cliff.”
— Chaka Khan.
43. “A horse never runs so fast as when he has other horses to catch up and outpace.”
44. “Wild horses don’t know the burning taste of the whips. Freedom protects us from the many evils!”
— Mehmet Murat ildan.
45. “If you want to be a good saddler, saddle the worst horse; for if you can tame one, you can tame all.”
46. “If I paint a wild horse, you might not see the horse... but surely you will see the wildness!”
— Pablo Picasso.
Winston Churchill Horse Quotes
Some of the finest quotes and horse sayings and quotes from the former Prime Minister of the United Kingdom who had great admiration for horses.
47. “No hour of life is wasted that is spent in the saddle.”
— Winston Churchill.
48. “When you are on a great horse, you have the best seat you will ever have.”
— Winston Churchill.
49. “The substitution of the internal combustion engine for the horse marked a very gloomy milestone in the progress of mankind.”
50. “Don’t give your son money. As far as you can afford it, give him horses.”
— Winston Churchill, ‘My Early Life’.
51. “There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man.”
— Winston Churchill.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for inspirational horse quotes then why not take a look at inspirational math quotes, or [inspirational soccer quotes]?
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.