A good voice is a gift that very few people are blessed with.
Music is a hobby for many people while some manage to turn it into their profession. Many people initially start by singing in a choir at the church or school.
Singing in a choir is an altogether different experience. It makes you a part of a group and teaches how to be in unison. It helps you rely on others as well as establish your distinction. Most importantly it gives you the joy of singing. Find the best quotes about singing as a part of a choir here.
Famous Singing Quotes
Here you will find famous quotes on singing in a choir along with bible quotes about singing that will tell you why is it good to sing in a choir.
1. "The great, soaring gospels we love are merely sermons that are sung; and as we thrill to such gifted gospel singer, we hear the rhythmic eloquence of our preachers, so many of whom, like my father, are masters of poetic speech."
- Paul Robeson.
2. "In high school, I was Mr. Choir Boy. I had solos, I was helping out the tenors with their parts and our choir teacher would ask me what songs we should do."
- Lucas Grabeel.
3. "In the house of God there is never ending festival; the angel choir makes eternal holiday; the presence of God's face gives joy that never fails."
- Saint Augustine.
4. "An individual voice can be heard in a choir that otherwise sings in unison. This is something that is not excused."
- Tahar Ben Jelloun.
5. "Music will still be a big part of our environment. The Bible talks about choirs of angels and how there is singing in Heaven. We're going to have the greatest choirs, the greatest bands and symphony orchestras, the greatest music that the world has ever known."
- David Berg.
Inspirational Quotes About Singing
Here you will find inspirational music quotes that will tell you how singing makes one feel. Read these inspiring singing quotes.
6. "We cannot listen to one voice above all others. We must listen to a choir of voices if we are to understand the individual tunes."
- Anthony T.Hincks.
7. "I love to hear a choir. I love the humanity... to see the faces of real people devoting themselves to a piece of music. I like the teamwork. It makes me feel optimistic about the human race when I see them cooperating like that."
- Paul McCartney.
8. "Singing in a choir is a lot of work, a lot of vocal coaching, a lot of instrument training."
- Reese Witherspoon.
9. "I was in a church choir early on and that really helped me musically in terms of chops, learning how to sing harmonies."
- Emily Saliers.
10. "The singing of hymns and the rendition of selections from the great sacred oratorios by ward choirs all enhance the spirit of worship."
- Gordon B. Hinckley.
11. "Whether it's a fiddle tune or a gospel song, learn it right off the record from the people who grew up with it. Don't just learn it from a piece of paper."
- Pete Seeger.
Funny Quotes About Singing
Here are some hilarious quotes on singing in a choir.
12. “I was fired ignominiously from the Junior School Choir for being so off-tune that the choir mistress declared she couldn't even bear to have me mime.”
- Sara Sheridan.
13. “The first time I sang in the church choir; two hundred people changed their religion.”
- Fred Allen.
14. "One who sings with his tongue on fire, gargles in the rat race choir."
- Bob Dylan.
15. "I have been singing as long as I can remember. I used to be in choir; I used to do musical theater. I'd prefer not to sing my own songs, but there you have it."
- Cass McCombs.
16. "If you want to save yourself the ticket price, go into the kitchen, cue up a male choir singing the music of hell, and get a kid to start banging pots and pans together. Then close your eyes and use your imagination."
- Roger Ebert.
17. "I used to sing in the church choir. People would say it was unusual for such a small girl to have such a big voice. They would say, she sounds like she's grown."
- Jennifer Hudson.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for the article on singing quotes then why not take a look at 'Sound of Music' quotes, or choir quotes.
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.