Remember the 'Friends' theme song that went "When it hasn't been your day, your week, your month, or even your year...?"
Sometimes, events and people in our life make us feel exactly like that. However, it is our responsibility to reset our minds, accept what is happening, and face our day with a new perspective about life.
Becoming motivated again can be quite a difficult task, especially if our mind is still feeling sad. For those days, we need some funny inspirational quotes or famous inspirational quotes to help us accept and go about life with new vigor! Many famous and well-known people have said beautiful words that turned into inspirational quotes or wise sayings that we can say to each other and ourselves. Wise sayings are general words of wisdom passed from one person to another. It is thought that J.E. Lawrence came up with the term 'it is what it is.' Read on to find the best quote from this list of 'it is what it is' quotes to help you smile again.
Funny It Is What It Is Quotes
We need laughter, humor, and joy to live and face our day with dedication and motivation. Another way to achieve this is to look at some humorous it is what it is quotes and sayings, which also act as inspirational quotes. These good short quotes will help you face the day! We can even go back to your childhood favorite and look at some 'Winnie The Pooh' it is what it is quotes!
1. "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
- Thomas Eddison.
2. "There are no traffic jams along the extra mile."
- Roger Staubach.
3. "Could be worse. Not sure how, but it could be."
- Eeyore, 'Winnie The Pooh'.
4. "You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club."
- Jack London.
5. "I didn't fail the test. I just found 100 ways to do it wrong."
- Benjamin Franklin.
6. "Life is a series of baby steps."
- Hoda Kotb.
7. "The way to succeed is to double your error rate."
- Thomas J. Watson.
Smile, It Is What It Is Quotes
We often need some motivating words that tell us to keep smiling it is what it is quotes. After all, nothing is better than some wonderful quotes which help you smile through the day and live your life to the fullest. This list includes the best it is what it is quote, "Never regret anything that made you smile."
8. "Life is like a mirror. Smile at it and it smiles back at you."
- Peace Pilgrim.
9. "Wrinkles should merely indicate where the smiles have been."
- Oscar Wilde.
10. "I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection."
- Thomas Paine.
11. "Never regret anything that made you smile."
- Mark Twain.
12. "Look back, and smile on perils past."
- Walter Scott.
13. "Remember even though the outside world might be raining, if you keep on smiling the sun will soon show its face and smile back at you."
- Anna Lee.
14. "Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats."
15. "You'll find that life is still worthwhile, if you just smile."
- Charlie Chaplin.
16. "Smile to the future and it will smile back to you."
- Yoko Ono.
17. "Peace begins with a smile."
- Mother Teresa.
18. "When a new day begins, dare to smile gratefully."
- Steve Maraboli.
It Is What It Is Quotes For Facebook
Sharing inspirational quotes on Facebook or another social media platform such as Instagram will allow the people who follow us to see those as well. Everyone in your life will appreciate such a quote, and it will give them something to smile about and go about their day!
19. "What comes, when it comes, will be what it is."
- Albert Caeiro.
20. "Sometimes life is just what it is, and the best you can hope for is ice cream.”
- Abbi Waxman, 'Other People's Houses'.
21. "It's not whether you get knocked down, it's whether you get up."
- Vince Lombardi.
22. "Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary."
- Steve Jobs.
23. "Every day is not a success. Every year is not a success. You have to celebrate the good."
- Reese Witherspoon.
24. "It is what it is. Either walk on, or accept."
- Deborah Lawrensen.
25. "Failure is the condiment that gives success its flavor."
- Truman Capote.
26. "Don't let yesterday take up too much of today."
- Will Rogers.
27. "Not everything happens when you expect it; it is what it is."
- Kali Uchis.
28. "One door shuts, and another one opens, and you just kind of follow that path. My path has been a little curvy, but it is what it is."
- John Corabi.
29. "No matter what I do now, there are certain doors I have already closed, certain opportunities I'll never get back. There's nothing to be done, I guess. It is what it is."
- Blake Nelson.
30. "It is what it is, it is what you make it."
- James Durbin.
31. "You got to keep your feet on the ground, and it is what it is."
- Max Holloway.
32. "Edison failed 10,000 times before he made the electric light. Do not be discouraged if you fail a few times."
- Napoleon Hill.
33. "I walk into a situation knowing that people are either going to love me or they're not, and that's OK. I'm just going to be me."
- NeNe Leakes.
34. "You know, there's nothing you can do about your public image. It is what it is."
- Christopher Walken.
35. "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
- Bernard M. Baruch.
36. "It is what it is, and it ain't nothin' else... Everything is clearly, openly, plainly delivered."
- Dan Flavin.
37. "The pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty."
- Winston Churchill.
Mood, It Is What It Is Quotes
Our attitude, perception, and outlook towards life dictate how our day will go and what we will say or do. To rectify that, we need to think in a different way to change the way we live. Looking at some motivational quotes or inspirational quotes may help us change our mood and do something that makes us happy.
38. "It is never too late to be what you might have been."
- George Eliot.
39. "Life is ten percent what happens to you and ninety percent how you respond to it."
- Charles Swindoll.
40. "Change your thoughts and you change your world."
- Norman Vincent Peale.
41. "You can't go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending."
- C.S. Lewis.
42. "Life is as it is, we take it to be hard or easy. It's all about our perception, attitude and level of gratitude."
- Geraldine Vermaak.
43. "Do what you can, with what you have, where you are."
- Theodore Roosevelt.
44. "What you're supposed to do when you don't like a thing is change it. If you can't change it, change the way you think about it. Don't complain."
- Maya Angelou.
45. "If everything was perfect, you would never learn and you would never grow."
46. "Everything negative – pressure, challenges – is all an opportunity for me to rise."
- Kobe Bryant.
Inspirational It Is What It Is Quotes
Whenever we feel down or demotivated, we need an extra something to face our day with more determination. Reading a nice, inspirational quote to start our day is a great idea. Many people have come across a quote by someone influential and have immediately changed their attitude and mindset.
47. "Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough."
- Og Mandino.
48. "Turn your wounds into wisdom."
- Oprah Winfrey.
49. "Take delight in a thing, or rather in anything, not as a means to some other end, but just because it is what it is."
- Charles Edward Montague.
50. "We may encounter many defeats but we must not be defeated."
- Maya Angelou.
51. "It always seems impossible until it's done."
- Nelson Mandela.
52. "The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain." - Dolly Parton
53. "Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength."
- George R.R Martin.
54. "Be happy for this moment. This moment is your life."
- Omar Khayyam.
55. "The big lesson in life, baby, is never be scared of anyone or anything."
- Frank Sinatra.
56. "Every strike brings me closer to the next home run."
- Babe Ruth.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for it is what it is quotes, then why not take a look at [inspirational video game quotes], or [inspiring quotes for teens]?
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.