Perception is a way of looking at, dealing with, and living life.
There are many great sayings on perception, including the famous saying about how perceiving and believing something to be a certain way, then makes it your reality. Many do believe that your thoughts and your perceptions create your reality and your truth.
Below, we have collected some of the best perception quotes to help you find and unlock new pathways. These perception quotes can help you to alter the reality of life that you live and change how you perceive the universe around you. You will also find some customer perception quotes and some self-perception quotes that will help you see yourself in a better way. If you liked reading these perception quotes, you can also check out these intuition quotes and universe quotes too.
Famous Quotes About Perception
Here, we have collected some famous perception quotes that might open new doors for you. These quotes reveal the difference between perception and what really happened.
1. "Perception precedes reality."
- Andy Warhol.
2. "The more I see, the less I know for sure."
- John Lennon.
3. "It's all in the mind."
- George Harrison.
4. "There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
- William Shakespeare.
5. "Your perception may not be my reality."
- Aporva Kala.
6. "A work of art doesn’t exist outside the perception of the audience."
- Abbas Kiarostami.
7. "All our knowledge has its origins in our perceptions."
- Leonardo da Vinci.
8. "What we observe is not nature itself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning."
- Werner Heisenberg.
9. "Perceptions about people can be powerful. They can also be powerfully wrong."
- Craig Dresang.
10. "Perception is created and twisted so quickly."
- Louis C. K.
11. "Intuition comes very close to clairvoyance; it appears to be the extrasensory perception of reality."
- Alexis Carrel.
12. "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times."
- Charles Dickens.
13. "Trust in yourself. Your perceptions are often far more accurate than you are willing to believe."
- Claudia Black.
14. "Life is 10 percent what you make it, and 90 percent how you take it."
- Irving Berlin.
15. "Some people see the cup as half empty. Some people see the cup as half full. I see the cup as too large."
- George Carlin.
16. "The only thing that makes life unfair is the delusion that it should be fair."
- Steve Maraboli.
17. "I believe I am in Hell; therefore I am."
- Arthur Rimbaud.
18. "Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves."
- Carl Jung.
19. "Speak up, stand up, and keep correcting the false perceptions. Stay true to your heart's views and keep chanting for peace and justice."
- Suzy Kassem.
Positive Perception Quotes
Here are some perception quotes that ask you to positively perceive different situations so that your reality of life can shift and your view of the universe can become more positive.
20. "Change the way you look at things and the things you look at change."
- Wayne W. Dyer.
21. "Every exit is an entry somewhere."
- Tom Stoppard.
22. "Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough."
- Oprah Winfrey.
23. "What people in the world think of you is really none of your business."
- Martha Graham.
24. "If the doors of perception were cleansed, everything would appear as it is – infinite."
- William Blake.
25. "Your perception of the world is not necessarily the same as what is actually occurring."
- Peter Ralston.
26. "There is a major ingredient missing from our perception of how changes are brought about; that ingredient is power."
- Paul Wellstone.
27. "There are always two people in every picture: the photographer and the viewer."
- Ansel Adams.
28. "To change ourselves effectively, we first had to change our perceptions."
- Stephen R. Covey.
29. "Just remember that sometimes the way you think about a person isn’t the way they actually are."
- John Green.
30. "Better keep yourself clean and bright; you are the window through which you must see the world."
- George Bernard Shaw.
31. "The moment you change your perception is the moment you rewrite the chemistry of your body."
- Dr. Bruce Lipton.
32. "Miracles are a shift in perception."
- Kenneth Wapnick.
33. "It’s not what you look at that matters, it’s what you see."
- Henry David Thoreau.
34. "What I had to learn was, that I’m responsible for my perception of things."
- Chris Robinson.
Change Your Perception Quotes
Here, you might find quotes about reality and perception, wrong perception quotes, and more that can guide you to why you should change the perceptions that you have of your surroundings or different situations. Enjoy these "what do you perceive?" quotes, literary quotes on perception, and Epictetus quotes! Perception quotes will truly inspire you
35. "The world is full of magic things, patiently waiting for our senses to grow sharper."
- W.B. Yeats.
36. "Closed in a room, my imagination becomes the universe, and the rest of the world is missing out."
- Criss Jami.
37. "If you look at your life one way, there is always cause for alarm."
- Elizabeth Bowen.
38. "We have to reshape our own perception of how we view ourselves."
39. "Facts matter not at all. Perception is everything. It's certainty."
- Stephen Colbert.
40. "I think the perception of peace is what distracts most people from really having it."
- Joyce Meyer.
41. "Reality is always kinder than the stories we tell about it."
- Byron Katie.
42. "Life is all about perception. Positive versus negative. Whichever you choose will affect and more than likely reflect your outcomes."
- Sonya Teclai.
43. "The dung beetle, seeing its child on the wall, thinks it sees a pearl on a thread."
- Arabic Proverb.
44. "One’s perception of themselves has a much bigger role than has been acknowledged to determine who succeeds and who does not."
- Sal Khan.
45. "All our knowledge is the offspring of our perceptions."
- Leonardo Di Vinci.
46. "Our vulgar perception is not concerned with other than vulgar phenomena."
- Samuel Beckett.
47. "The problem is not our situation but our perception of our situation."
- Graham Cooke.
48. "Your perception creates your reality. You can look at life and see scarcity or abundance. It depends on your mindset."
- Joe Vitale.
49. "Silently hear everyone. Accept what is good. Reject and forget what is not. This is intelligent living."
- Chinmayananda Saraswati.
50. "Perception is reality. If you are perceived to be something, you might as well be it because that's the truth in people's minds."
- Stever Young.
51. "Death is not extinguishing the light; it is only putting out the lamp because the dawn has come."
- Rabindranath Tagore.
52. "Men are disturbed not by things, but by the view which they take of them."
53. "Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears."
- Marcus Aurelius, 'Meditations'.
54. "That is certainly one way to look at the matter. There are others."
- Patricia C. Wrede.
Perception Of Life Quotes
[Everything in life can be seen either positively or negatively.]
This section is full of perception quotes about life and how we should perceive life, look out for some perception quotes about loyalty too, all about the perception of those who are different.
55. "We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."
- Oscar Wilde, 'Lady Windermere's Fan'.
56. "What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing. It also depends on what sort of person you are."
- C.S. Lewis.
57. "The most perfidious way of harming a cause consists of defending it deliberately with faulty arguments."
- Friedrich Nietzsche.
58. "The clearsighted do not rule the world, but they sustain and console it."
- Agnes Repplier.
59. "Only in quiet waters do things mirror themselves undistorted. Only in a quiet mind is adequate perception of the world."
- Hans Margolius.
60. "I view it as perception is reality. That means that depends on who's perceiving your reality. We'll leave it at that."
- Jose Canseco.
61. "The auditory perception is not sufficient for our knowledge of the world; it does not have vastness."
- Robert Delaunay.
62. "People may not tell you how they feel about you, but they always show you. Pay attention."
- Keri Hilson.
63. "We must not allow other people’s perceptions to define us."
- Virginia Satir.
64. "The difference between average people and achieving people is their perception of and response to failure."
- John C. Maxwell.
65. "Your agreement with reality defines your life."
- Steve Maraboli.
66. "When we become fixed in our perceptions, we lose our ability to fly."
- Yongey Mingyur Rinpoche.
67. "Perception is merely reality filtered through the prism of your soul."
- Christopher A. Ray.
68. "The last thing a fish would ever notice would be water."
- Ralph Linton.
69. "Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world."
- Arthur Schopenhauer, 'Studies In Pessimism: The Essays'.
70. "Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
- Marcus Aurelius."
71. "Preconceived notions are the locks on the door to wisdom."
- Merry Browne.
72. "Most of us have grown up seeing the world as a place of limitation rather than as a place of inexhaustible treasures."
- Bob Burg.
73. "If you have an over-preoccupation with perception and trying to please people’s expectations, then you can go mad."
- Benedict Cumberbatch.
74. "Though we see the same world, we see it through different eyes."
- Virginia Woolf.
75. "The universe is change; our life is what our thoughts make it."
- Marcus Aurelius.
Perception Of Love Quotes
Here, you will find perception quotes on love.
76. "Songs are as sad as the listener."
- Jonathan Safran Foer, 'Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close'.
77. "Most misunderstandings in the world could be avoided if people would simply take the time to ask, 'What else could this mean?'"
- Shannon L. Alder.
78. "No life is so hard that you can’t make it easier by the way you take it."
- Ellen Glasgow.
79. "Where perception is, there also are pain and pleasure, and where these are, there, of necessity, is desire."
80. "One new perception, one fresh thought, one act of surrender, one change of heart, one leap of faith, can change your life forever."
- Robert Holden.
More Perception Quotes And Sayings
In this section, you will find some of the best perception quotes.
81. "Humans see what they want to see."
- Rick Riordan, 'The Lightning Thief'.
82. "All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream."
- Edgar Allen Poe.
83. "Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing."
- Camille Pissarro.
84. "With time and experience comes a different perception of what's going on around you."
- Chris Robinson.
85. "If I make a fool of myself, who cares? I’m not frightened by anyone’s perception of me."
- Angelina Jolie.
86. "What is behind your eyes holds more power than what is in front of them."
- Gary Zukav.
87. "Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact."
- Marcus Aurelius.
88. "Opting for one perception eliminates all others."
- Simone Bingemer.
89. "The voyage of discovery is not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes."
- Marcel Proust.
90. "Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our point of view."
- Obi-Wan Kenobi.
91. "Perception is real even when it is not reality."
- Edward de Bono.
92. "Always let intuitive perception precede analysis."
- Darby Bannard.
93. "Heightened perception is the goal: becoming more aware of how you see, not just what you see."
- Michael Kimmelman.
94. "There is an art of seeing things as they are: without naming, without being caught in a network of words, without thinking interfering with perception."
- Jiddu Krishnamurti.
95. "Critical perception cannot be imposed."
- Paulo Freire.
96. "No perspective, no perception. New perspective, new perception."
- Toba Beta.
97. "We think perception is going to become a commodity over the years."
- Karl Iagnemma.
98. "We don't see things as they are. We see them as we are."
- Anais Nin.
99. "What we see depends mainly on what we look for."
- John Lubbock.
100. "Beyond our most stubborn misperception lies often our fondest dream."
- Robert Brault.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for quotes about perceptions, then why not take a look at these [serenity quotes] or tranquility quotes too?
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.