'Pokémon' is a Japanese media franchise, comprising of manga, films, anime, and games.
Pokémons are a fictional species of collectible pocket monsters, each with their own unique set of skills. Pokémon trainers are humans that catch and train Pokémons.
You may have come across Pokémon characters through anime series or games. One of the most popular Pokémon charters is trainer Ash Ketchum, and his famous Pokémon character, Pikachu. Pokémon games have been very popular among children and adults alike. Below we have compiled a fantastic list of trainer names for you to enjoy.
Greatest Pokémon Trainers
Below is a list of the strongest and greatest trainer names.
1. Alder is the champion of the Unova Pokémon League.
2. Ash is the main character in the 'Pokémon' series.
3. Blue is the rival in first-generation 'Pokémon' games and the Gym Leader of Viridian City.
4. Cynthia is the name of the champion of the Sinnoh region. Her name is derived from 'Synthesis,' which means "to combine different pieces."
5. Diantha is an actress and Grand Dutchess at the Battle of Chateau.
6. Drake is the Dragon-type master of the Hoenn Elite Four.
7. Giovanni is the head of Team Rocket and leader of Viridian Gym and specializes in Ground-types.
8. Iris is the Gym Leader of Opelucid Gym and specializes in Dragon-type Pokémon.
9. Lance an Elite Four Member from Johto and specializes in Dragon-types.
10. Nate the male protagonist of 'Pokémon Black 2 and White 2'.
11. Professor Oak a Pokémon professor who researches Pokémon and human relationships.
12. Red is the greatest Pokémon trainer in first-generation 'Pokémon' games.
13. Steven is a Pokémon League Champion and specializes in Steel-type Pokémon.
14. Wallace the name of the Gym Leader of Sootopolis City who specializes in Water-types.
Girl Pokémon Trainers
Peruse our list of popular girl trainer names sure to inspire you.
15. Anabel is the sixth Frontier Brain and is in charge of Hoenn's Battle Tower.
16. Argenta is a frontier brain in 'Pokémon' games who leads the Battle Halls.
17. Bianca is a Pokémon trainer from the Unova region.
18. Candice is the leader at Snowpoint City Gym and specializes in Ice-type Pokémon.
19. Dahlia is one of the main Frontier Brains in 'Pokémon' games. She leads Battle Arcade.
20. Dawn is a female companion of Ash Ketchum from the 'Pokémon' franchise.
21. Gloria is the female protagonist in 'Pokémon Sword and Shield.'
22. Hilda is the female protagonist in 'Pokémon Black and White'.
23. Ilima is a trial captain specializing in Normal-type Pokémon.
24. Jasmine is the leader of Olivine Gym and specializes in Steel-types.
25. Jessie is an antagonist and member of 'Team Rocket'.
26. Kris is a female playable character in 'Pokémon' games from New Bark Town.
27. Lana is a Trial Captain that specializes in Water-type Pokémon.
28. Leaf is also known as Green and is one of the playable characters from 'Pokémon Fire Red' and 'Leaf Green'.
29. Lenora is the leader of Nacrene Gym and specializes in normal type Pokémon.
30. Lillie is a character from 'Pokémon Sun and Moon' and works as Professor Kukui's assistant.
31. Lyra is a female playable character in 'Pokémon HeartGold' and 'SoulSilver'.
32. Mallow is a trial captain and specializes in Green-types.
33. Misty is one of Ash's friends.
34. Oleana is an antagonist of 'Pokémon Sword and Shield'.
35. Plumeria is a member of 'Team Skull'.
36. Rosa is the female protagonist in 'Pokémon Black 2' and 'White 2'.
37. Selene is the female protagonist of 'Pokémon Sun and Moon'.
38. Serena is a Pokémon trainer and performer from Kalos and a companion of Ash during his journey.
39. Zinnia is a Lorekeeper and Pokémon trainer.
Boy Pokémon Trainers
If you are searching for a male name for a Pokémon trainer, just look at our list below.
40. Archie is the leader of Team Aqua in 'Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire'.
41. Avery is the rival character in 'Shield-The Isle of Armor' and specializes in Psychic-types.
42. AZ is the former King of Karlos and appears in 'Pokémon X and Y'.
43. Brock is the leader of Pewter gym and specializes in Rock-type Pokémon.
44. Buck is a Pokémon trainer specializing in Pokémon with high and special defence.
45. Bugsy is the leader of Azalea Gym and specializes in Bug-types.
46. Cilian is one of the three Leaders of Striaton Gym and specializes in Grass-types.
47. Clay is the leader of Driftveil Gym and specializes in Ground-type Pokémon.
48. Clemont is the leader of Lumios City gym and specializes in Electric-types.
49. Cyrus is the boss of Team Galactic.
50. Drayden is the leader of the Opelucid Gym and specializes in Dragon-types.
51. Ethan is the main character in 'Pokémon Gold and Silver'.
52. Gary Oak is a Pokémon researcher and grandson of Professor Oak in the 'Pokémon' anime series.
53. Goh is one of the main protagonists in 'Pokémon journeys: the series.'
54. Hilbert is the male protagonist in 'Black and White'.
55. James is an antagonist and member of Team Rockets.
56. Kiawe is a Trial Captain and specializes in Fire-types.
57. Lysandre is a villain appearing in 'Pokémon X and Y' and was the leader of Team flare.
58. Mustard is a former champion of the Galar Region and mentor of Leon.
59. Norman is from the Petalburg City of Hoenn and is an expert in Normal-types.
60. Piers is the leader of Team Yell, specializing in Dark-types.
61. Ryuki is a rockstar and Pokémon Trainer and specializes in Dragon-types.
62. Sophocles is the trial captain of Ula'ula Island's Hokulani Observatory and specializes in Electric-types.
63. Tracey is one of Ash's traveling companion and Pokémon watcher.
64. Victor is one of the protagonists in 'Pokémon Sword and Shield'.
Gym Leader Pokémon Trainers
A gym leader is the head of trainers in a Pokémon trainer club. Here are a few of our favorites.
65. Allister is a Galar Gym Leader and specializes in Ghost Types.
66. Bea is a Gym Leader in the Galar region and specializes in Fighting-type.
67. Bede is a rival and Fairy-type Gym Leader.
68. Blaine is the leader of the Cinnabar Gym and specializes in Fire-types.
69. Brawly is the leader of the Dewford Gym and specializes in Fighting-type Pokémon.
70. Byron is the leader of Canalave Gym and is a Steel-type Pokémon trainer.
71. Chili is one of the three Leaders of the Striaton Gym and specializes in Fire-types.
72. Clair is the leader of Blackthorn City Gym and specializes in Dragon-types.
73. Elesa is the leader of the Nymbasa Gym and specializes in Electric-type Pokémon.
74. Falkner is the leader of Violet Gym and uses Fighting-type Pokémon.
75. Fantina is the leader of the Hearthome Gym and specializes in Ghost-types.
76. Gardenia is the leader of Eterna Gym and specializes in Grass-types.
77. Grant is the leader of the Cyllage Gym and specializes in rock-types.
78. Janine is the leader of the Fuchsia Gym and specializes in Poison-types.
79. Kabu is the leader in the gym at Motosoke Arena.
80. Korrina is the leader of the Shalour Gym and specializes in Fighting-types.
81. Maylene is the leader of Veilstone Gym and specializes in Fighting-types.
82. Ramos is the leader of Coumarine gym and specializes in grass-types.
83. Sabrina is the leader of the Saffron Gym and uses psychic-type Pokémon.
84. Whitney is the leader of Goldenrod Gym and specializes in Normal-type Pokémon.
85. Wulfric is the leader of Snowbelle Gym and specializes in Ice-types.
Elite Four Pokémon Trainers
Elite Four is a group of trainers from their own respective regions.
86. Aaron is a member of Sinnoh's Elite Four and is a Bug-type Pokémon trainer.
87. Acerola is the Trial Captain Of Thrifty Megamart and a member of Alola Elite Four. She specializes in Ghost-type Pokémon.
88. Agatha is one of the Elite Four and uses Ghost-types.
89. Bertha is an Elite Four member and uses Ground- Type Pokémon.
90. Caitlin is a member of Unova's Elite Four and is a Psychic-type Pokémon trainer.
91. Drasna is a member of Kalos' Elite Four and specializes in Dragon-types.
92. Glacia is the third member of Hoenn Elite Four and specializes in Ice-type Pokémon.
93. Grimsley is a member of Unova's Elite Four and specializes in Dark-types.
94. Kahili is a member of Alola's Elite Four and uses Flying-type Pokémon.
95. Karen is a member of the Indigo Elite Four and specializes in Dark-types.
96. Lucian is the fourth and most powerful member of Sinnoh's Elite Four and specializes in Psychic-types.
97. Marshal is a member of Unova Elite four and is a Fighting-type Pokémon trainer.
98. Olivia is the Kahuna of Akala Island and specializes in Rock-type Pokémon.
99. Sidney is the first member of Hoenn's Elite Four and specializes in Dark-type Pokémon.
100. Will is a member of the Indigo Elite Four and specializes in Psychic-types.
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.