The Roegadyn is a race hailing from the seas north of Eorzea in the most celebrated videogame 'Final Fantasy.'
They are featured in the 14th installment of the 'Final Fantasy XIV' game series. Most of them hail from the Sea Wolf tribe and live by the sea, working as fishermen, with some becoming pirates or mercenaries.
They are characterized by their enormous, muscular builds and are known for emphasizing the cultural importance of competition and undying courage. Some, however, are shown to have a more tender and soft introspective side. The female Roegadyns have fierce faces and large muscular builds but are sleeker and shorter than their male kin. There are two clans of Roegadyn who are predominant; Sea wolves and Hellguard. The Sea wolves being maritime people are mostly seamen, pirates, and mercenaries, who have settled in large concentrations by the north seas, by way of which they arrived in Eorzea. The Hellsguard clan is known to be the only reclusive Roegadyn who have mastered the magical arts and resides deep in the volcanic mountains of Ul'dah. The people from these two clans have stark differences when it comes to appearance. The Sea Wolf Roegadyn usually have pale skin and silvery-white hair, while the ones hailing from Hellsguard have dark skin and dark hair. Nevertheless, both Sea Wolves and Hellguard clans are known for their rough and robust exteriors, and the fiercest warriors are mostly from these Roegadyn clans.
The word "Roegadyn" literally means 'people of the rain': "roega" is a diminutive version of the word 'roegan,' meaning "rain" and "dyn," meaning "people." It is significant because the weather in the northern islands, which is their dwelling place, fluctuates from torrential downpours to thick fog.
A Roegadyn name usually consists of two words from the Eorzean language or from words derived from natural surroundings they have adapted to. The names of the Roegadyns in 'Final Fantasy XIV,' however, differ because of the two sub-races. The Sea wolves use names derived from the ancient Roegadyn language, while Hellsguard names consist of two words and are derived from their usual natural surroundings to which they have adapted to.
Here is a list of all kinds of names for Roegadyns that are apt and appropriate to name these robust characters.
Female Names of Roegadyn
Here's a name list of the fiercest names of Roegadyns inclusive of both the Sea Wolf names and Hellsguard names.
1. Aermswys meaning "poor sister."
2. Bloefhiswyn meaning "blue fish daughter."
3. Blue Lily meaning "blue colored lily flower."
4. Blyss meaning "blossom." It could be the name of a kind female Roegadyn.
5. Blyssbryda meaning "blossom bride."
6. Diving Sparrow (English origin) meaning "a sparrow flying down."
7. Doesrael meaning "two does."
8. Dyrstwyda meaning "thirsty willow."
9. Klynthota meaning "small daughter." A loving Roegadyn could have this name implying a wonderful family relationship.
10. Merlwyb meaning "sea woman."
11. Myrgan meaning "morning."
12. Rhotgeim meaning "red jewel."
13. Silent Moss meaning "quiet flourishing plant."
14. Styrnlona meaning "star gatherer." This could be a female Roegadyn who stares in the night sky and try to seek out the brightest star.
15. Weeping Orchid (English origin) meaning "an orchid flower oozing with secretion."
Male Names For Roegadyn
Here's a name list of the most intimidating names: sea wolf names and Hellsguard names.
16. Aergaent meaning "ambitious duck."
17. Ahtmhas meaning "eight scars."
18. Ahldskyf meaning "old ship."
19. Alyrblyss meaning "alder blossom."
20. Anonymous Moose (English origin) meaning "an unknown moose."
21. Bloody Catapult meaning "a catapult weapon covered with blood." An extremely hardened one who does not take no for an answer.
22. Broenloef meaning "brown leaf."
23. Greintoum meaning "bronze dream."
24. Junghsmhid meaning "young smith."
25. Mytemyrgan meaning "middle morning."
26. Pfymskapf meaning "five sheep."
27. Rostnsthal meaning "rusted steel."
28. Spinning Blade (English origin) meaning "a rotating sword or sharp object."
29. Still River (English origin) meaning "an unmoving river." A name for someone who has achieved peace and can spread it in his tribe.
30. Tall Mountain (English origin), meaning "a lofty mountain."
31. Thosinsthal meaning "grey steel."
32. Wyznwilf meaning "white wolf."
Gender Neutral Names of Roegadyns
Here's a name list of the best gender-neutral names of Roegadyns of both the Sea wolf and Hellguard clans with robust meanings.
33. Agat meaning "amber."
34. Bloe meaning "blue."
35. Bloemerl meaning "blue sea."
36. Broenwilf meaning "brown wolf."
37. Greinloef meaning "green leaf."
38. Mytemerl meaning "middle sea."
39. Rhotloef meaning "red leaf."
40. Swygynagat meaning "silent amber."
41. Thosin meaning "grey."
42. Wyznsthal meaning "white steel."
Kidadl has lots of great names articles to inspire you. If you liked our suggestions for Roegadyn Names then why not take a look at Halfling Names, or for something different take a look at Disney Female Character Names.
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.