Athletes are extremely dedicated and disciplined with their daily regimen.
Being an athlete is not an easy task, but that doesn't mean that you shouldn't try. Almost every athlete that is celebrated today had to go through their fair share of hurdles in life.
If we've learned anything from the trials and tribulations of the world's most famous athletes, it's the fact that perseverance and grit will get you farther than pure talent ever will. Individuals who are looking for quotes about tracks, inspirational quotes for runners, and run free quotes should definitely not miss reading this article. Track and field is an umbrella term for specific types of sport that involves numerous events, such as running, throwing, and jumping. Many of the events involved are individual events, whereas others might be team events. An individual needs different skillsets to succeed in each event, e.g. a skill set that is required to succeed in a short sprint will not necessarily help in a throwing event. The track and field quotes for sprinters included in this article can be helpful and provide track motivation for people who have never even sprinted once in their life. That's why we've compiled a list of track and field quotes and quotes about running to help runners and non-athletic people get on the right track.
We hope that this list provides a lot of inspiration to runners, as well as those who want to venture into track and field someday. This list of quotes has been specially curated to inspire runners to push their limits and achieve their best!
Inspirational Track And Field Quotes
These quotes are exceptionally inspirational, so we won't be surprised if you label one of these quotes as 'the most inspiring quote ever'. If you're looking for good short running quotes, quotes on track, morning run quotes, or runner sayings, this article is perfect for you. This list of track and field motivational quotes has been created to provide inspiration for runners who need a bit of a pep talk before their next race!
1. "To be number one, you have to train like you're number two."
- Maurice Greene.
2. "Somewhere in the world, someone is training when you are not. When you race him, he will win."
- Tom Fleming.
3. "Life is often compared to a marathon, but I think it is more like being a sprinter; long stretches of hard work punctuated by brief moments in which we are given the opportunity to perform at our best."
- Michael Johnson.
4. "The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in determination."
- Tommy Lasorda.
5. "Track and field is the best way to reach out for kids. It doesn't matter how fast you are. You always want to beat someone."
- Carl Lewis.
6. "The true measure of a runner isn't in time, but rather in the effort it took along the way."
- Jenny Hadfield.
7. "A lot of people run a race to see who is the fastest. I run to see who has the most guts, who can punish himself into exhausting pace, and then at the end, punish himself even more."
8. "I let my feet spend as little time on the ground as possible. From the air, fast down, and from the ground, fast up."
6. "All athletes need three things: commitment, discipline, and hard work. Without that, it's hard to keep running."
- Haile Gebrselassie.
7. "Racing teaches us to challenge ourselves. It teaches us to push beyond where we thought we could go. It helps us to find out what we are made of. "
- PattiSue Plumer.
8. "Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there."
- Will Rogers.
9. "I used to have tears in my eyes on the way to practice because I was so focused. For me, track and field was serious business. I didn't have any friends. I was very isolated and focused."
- Edwin Moses.
10. "Running allows me to set my mind free."
- Kara Goucher.
11. "The best way people will come to recognize that track and field is a great sport is to see athletes excelling at it. Which is what I intend to do."
- Maurice Greene.
Funny Track And Field Quotes And Running Quotes
This list has a lot of fun quotes for you to share with your friends and running buddies. Running quotes are generally motivational or funny quotes that are related to running or which have been said by someone who's prominent in a sport that involves running. Here's a list of funny track quotes and sayings for runners! Any of these humourous sayings would make a great quote for running inspiration.
12. "You can't flirt with the track. You must marry it."
- Bill Easton.
13. "Jogging is very beneficial. It's good for your legs and your feet. It's also very good for the ground. It makes it feel needed."
- Charles Shulz.
14. "Act like a horse. Be dumb. Just run."
- Jumbo Elliot.
15. "The trouble with jogging is that by the time you realize you're not in shape for it, it's too far to walk back."
- Franklin P. Jones.
16. "I run so my goals in life will continue to get bigger instead of my belly."
- Bill Kirby.
17. "The great thing about athletics is that it's like poker, sometimes you know what's in your hand and it may be a load of rubbish, but you've got to keep up the front."
- Sebastian Coe.
18. "If you feel bad at 10 miles, you're in trouble. If you feel bad at 20 miles, you're normal. If you don't feel bad at 26 miles, you're abnormal."
- Rob de Castella.
19. "Running is like mouthwash; if you can feel the burn, it's working."
- Brian Tackett.
20. "I go running when I have to. Like when the ice cream truck is doing sixty."
- Wendy Liebman.
21. "I love running cross country. On a track, I feel like a hamster."
- Robin Williams.
22. "We can't all be heroes because someone has to sit on the curb and clap as they go by."
- Will Rogers.
23. "Finland has produced so many brilliant distance runners because back home it costs $2.50 a gallon for gas."
- Esa Tikkannen.
24. "Laughter is inner jogging."
- Norman Cousins.
24. "Even if you fall flat on your surface at least you are moving forward."
- Sue Luke.
25. "They say good things take time, that's why I run slow."
- Amanda Brooks.
Encouraging Words For Runners
As human beings, we generally like to perform at our best by putting our best foot forward when we're embarking on a new task. Most people would probably not like to be compared to a marathon runner because we don't train at their level, but that doesn't mean we can't still be expert runners. Everyone has days when we feel like we can't exercise because of our physical condition, or we dread going out because the weather is horrible, but one must learn to persevere. In this list, we've encapsulated various motivational quotes for runners, Nike motivational quotes, sprinting quotes, track sayings, running with friends quotes, and Nike running quotes to inspire runners to not give up!
26. "It all goes so fast, and character makes the difference when it's close."
- Jesse Owens.
27. "I've always given myself a thousand reasons to keep running, but it always comes back to self-satisfaction and a sense of achievement."
- Steve Prefontaine.
28. "Run when you can, walk if you have to, crawl if you must; just never give up."
- Dean Karnazes.
29. "The real purpose of running isn't to win a race. It's to test the limits of the human heart."
- Bill Bowerman.
30. "Train hard while others don't, so you can win while your opponents won't."
- Andre Bramble.
31. "My favorite moments are when I pass someone who's huffing and puffing and all I got are some slightly tired legs."
- Troy Streacker.
32. "The long run is what puts the tiger in the cat."
- Bill Squires.
33. "Dream barriers look very high until someone climbs them. They are not barriers anymore."
- Lasse Viren.
34. "Remember all things are possible for those who believe."
- Gail Devers.
35. "Never underestimate the power of dreams and the influence of the human spirit."
- Wilma Rudolph.
36. "For me, I'm focused on what I want to do. I know what I need to do to be a champion, so I'm working on it."
- Usain Bolt.
37. "As strong as my legs are, it is my mind that has made me a champion."
- Michael Johnson.
38. "The road to athletic greatness is not marked by perfection, but the ability to constantly overcome adversity and failure."
39. "Remember, the feeling you get from a good run is far better than the feeling you get from sitting around wishing you were running."
- Sarah Condor.
40. "There are clubs you can't belong to, neighborhoods you can't live in, schools you can't get into, but the roads are always open."
41. "Failure I can live with. Not trying is what I can't handle!"
-Sanya Richards Ross.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for 35+ Track and Field Quotes then why not take a look at swimming quotes, or funny football quotes.
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.