Trader quotes can inspire you to read about risk management and help you become a successful trader.
Trading is a concept of buying or selling entities with an amount paid as compensation by the seller or buyer. A trade generally takes place between producers and consumers within an economy.
So, trading basically involves the exchange of services, either buy or sell with some revenue. Hence, motivational trading quotes are a set of inspiring sayings by some famous personalities to help you stop loss and learn some risk management strategies of the market. Read this curated list for some trading motivation and trade phrases by some best traders of all times to inspirit and excel in Wall Street or financial markets.
Motivational Trading Quotes
Trading does not resemble a game of chance as it includes analysis. So if you are troubled from suffering losses and have lost your motivation, then this list of motivational trading quotes will be your remedy and will help you sustain your position in the market.
1. "In investing what is comfortable is rarely profitable."
2. "Never, ever argue with your trading system."
3. "Amateurs think about how much money they can make. Professionals think about how much money they could lose."
4. "The price of a commodity will never go to zero. When you invest in commodities futures, you are not buying a piece of paper that says you own an intangible of the company that can go bankrupt."
5. "It's not always easy to do what's not popular, but that's where you make your money. Buy stocks that look bad to less careful investors and hang on until their real value is recognized."
6. "99%+ of traders don't care about Ferraris and yachts. They just want to pay their bills, save a little extra money, and sleep well at night. The only way to do that is to bat 70% or more. Anything less, and these goals are nothing more than fantasy."
- Mark Melnick.
7. "Are you willing to lose money on a trade? If not, then don't take it. You can only win if you're not afraid to lose. And you can only do that if you truly accept the risks in front of you."
- Sami Abusad.
8. "We don't care about 'why'. Real traders only have the time and interest to care about 'what' and 'when' and 'if' and 'then'. 'Why' is for pretenders."
9. "Trading is not for the dabblers, the dreamers, or the desperate. It requires, above all, one steadfast trait of dedication. So if you are going to trade, trade like you mean it"
10. "In trading, you have to be defensive and aggressive at the same time. If you are not aggressive, you are not going to make money, and if you are not defensive, you are not going to keep the money."
Forex Motivational Quotes
Foreign exchange or forex trading is a famous marketplace, so if you are looking for the best forex trading quotes, then you are in the perfect place where arrays of motivational quotes about forex trading are listed.
11. "I'm only rich because I know when I'm wrong. I basically have survived by recognizing my mistakes."
12. "It was clear to me that other people could trade for a living, and if it was possible for other people to do it, then I could persevere long enough to figure it out."
13. "The biggest risk is not taking a risk. In a world that's changing really quickly, the only strategy that is guaranteed to fail is not taking risks."
14. "I have two basic rules about winning in trading as well as in life: 1. If you don't bet, you can't win. 2. If you lose all your chips, you can't bet."
15. "I just wait until there is money lying in the corner, and all I have to do is go over there and pick it up. I do nothing in the meantime."
16. "I believe in analysis and not forecasting."
-Nicolas Darvas, 'How I Made $2,000,000 in the Stock Market', 1986.
17. "The purpose of trading is not being right, the purpose is to make money, and I think that's my number-one rule. Don't get hung up on your current positions."
18. "Learn to take losses. The most important thing in making money is not letting your losses get out of hand."
19. "Whatever method you use to enter trades, the most critical thing is that if there is a major trend, your approach should assure that you get in that trend."
20. "The fundamental law of investing is the uncertainty of the future."
Warren Buffett Quotes
Warren Buffett is one of the best investors, so all these quotes listed here are for you to get inspiration from the best himself. Stop your losses and stack your trading account with money.
21. "Wall Street is the only place that people ride to in a Rolls Royce to get advice from those who take the subway."
-'The Snowball: Warren Buffett and the Business of Life', 2008.
22. "In the business world, the rearview mirror is always clearer than the windshield."
23. "Today, people who hold cash equivalents feel comfortable. They shouldn't. They have opted for a terrible long-term asset, one that pays virtually nothing and is certain to depreciate in value."
24. "If you're in the luckiest 1% of humanity, you owe it to the rest of humanity to think about the other 99%."
25. "Only buy something that you'd be perfectly happy to hold if the market shut down for 10 years."
26. "You only have to do very few things right in your life so long as you don't do too many things wrong."
27. "Whether we're talking about socks or stocks, I like buying quality merchandise when it is marked down."
-'Berkshire Hathaway Inc. Chairman's Letter', 2008.
28. "The difference between successful people and really successful people is that really successful person say no to almost everything."
29. "It's far better to buy a wonderful company at a fair price than a fair company at a wonderful price."
30. "You can't produce a baby in one month by getting nine women pregnant."
31. "Success in investing doesn't correlate with IQ. Once you have ordinary intelligence, what you need is the temperament to control the urges that get other people in trouble investing."
-'Business Week Interview', 1999.
Trading Time For Money Quotes
Time in trading plays a pivotal role in deciding the revenue, so analyze and prepare yourself with these best trading wise quotes and trading time quotes to maximize your earnings.
32. "The goal of a successful trader is to make the best trades. Money is secondary."
33. "Time is your friend; impulse is your money."
34. "There is a time to go long, a time to go short, and a time to go fishing."
35. "Spend each day trying to be a little wiser than you were when you woke up."
–Charlie Munger, 'Poor Charlie's Almanack: The Wit and Wisdom of Charles T. Munger', 2005.
36. "Compound interest is the eighth wonder of the world. He who understands it earns it. He who doesn't pay it."
– Albert Einstein.
37. "The rich invest in time, the poor invest in money."
38. "If most traders would learn to sit on their hands 50 percent of the time, they would make a lot more money."
39. "Throughout my financial career, I have continually witnessed examples of other people that I have known being ruined by a failure to respect risk. If you don't take a hard look at risk, it will take you."
40. "Do not anticipate and move without market confirmation—being a little late in your trade is your insurance that you are right or wrong."
-Jesse Livermore, 'How to Trade In Stocks: The Livermore Formula for Combining Time Element and Price', 1940.
41. "Remember that stocks are never too high for you to begin buying or too low to begin selling."
Live Market Quotes
Hunting for some quotes about the live market? Then these will help you end your hunt. Feast on these live market inspiring quotes.
42. "Stock price movements actually begin to reflect new developments before it is generally recognized that they have taken place."
43. "It is the job of the market to turn the base material of our emotions into gold."
44. "You never know what kind of setup market will present to you; your objective should be to find an opportunity where risk-reward ratio is best."
45. "You get a recession; you have stock market declines. If you don't understand that's going to happen, then you're not ready, you won't do well in the markets."
46. "Commodities tend to zig when the equity markets zag."
–Jim Rogers, 'Hot Commodities: How Anyone Can Invest Profitably in the World's Best Market', 2007.
47. "I have found that when the market's going down, and you buy funds wisely, at some point in the future, you will be happy. You won't get there by reading. Now is the time to buy."
48. "There were two sets of rules when it comes to money: One set of rules for the people who work for money and another set of rules for the rich who print money."
49. "The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent."
-John Maynard Keynes.
50. "In a bull market, one can only belong or on the sidelines. Remember, not having a position is a position."
51. "Invest for the long haul. Don't get too greedy and don't get too scared."
-Shelby M.C. Davis.
52. "People in markets find a way of getting down to the essentials of I have, you want; you have, I want."
Best Stock Trading Quotes
Price charts stocks keep falling and rising, but these quotes on stock trading will ensure a spark of motivation, and stock trader quotes can also be an amazing forward to your friends.
53. "Trading doesn't just reveal your character, it also builds it if you stay in the game long enough."
54. "Bull markets are born on pessimism, grow on skepticism, mature on optimism and die of euphoria."
55. "One of the funny things about the stock market is that every time one person buys, another sells, and both think they are astute."
56. "Stock market bubbles don't grow out of thin air. They have a solid basis in reality, but reality as distorted by a misconception."
57. "Trading effectively is about assessing probabilities, not certainties."
58. "Value stocks are about as exciting as watching grass grow, but have you ever noticed just how much your grass grows in a week?"
59. "When purchasing depressed stock in troubled companies, seek out the ones with the superior financial positions, and avoid the ones with loads of bank debt."
60. "Only the game, can teach you the game."
61. "Investing should be more like watching paint dry or watching grass grow. If you want excitement, take $800 and go to Las Vegas."
62. "You don't stop a train with a brick wall; even there's a wall of selling, the train is going through that brick wall and take out a lot of bears."
-Paul Tudor Jones.
63. "A handful of men have become very rich by paying attention to details that most others ignored."
Quotes On The Stock Market
The stock market is basically a blend of investors and individuals where both come together to trade. So, here are some funny stock market quotes to catch someone's attention and sound witty. Funny quotes on the stock market are amusing but intelligent at the same time. They are handy and serve more than one purpose.
64. "One of the funny things about the stock market is that every time one person buys, another sells, and both think they are astute."
65. "An investor without investment objectives is like a traveler without a destination."
66. "If stock market experts were so expert, they would be buying stocks, not selling advice."
-Norman R. Augustine.
67. "The stock market is a device for transferring money from the impatient to the patient."
68. "In many ways, the stock market is like the weather in that if you don't like the current conditions, all you have to do is wait a while."
69. "The markets generally are unpredictable, so that one has to have different scenarios. The idea that you can actually predict what's going to happen contradicts my way of looking at the market."
– George Soros.
70. "The intelligent investor is a realist who sells to optimists and buys from pessimists."
-Benjamin Graham, 'The Intelligent Investor ', 1949.
71. "The main purpose of the stock market is to make fools of as many men as possible."
72. "All the math you need in the stock market you get in the fourth grade."
-Peter Lynch,' One Up On Wall Street: How To Use What You Already Know To Make Money In The Market', 1989.
73. "If you are shopping for common stocks, choose them the way you would buy groceries, not the way you would buy perfume."
74. "Stocks are bought not in fear but in hope. They are typically sold out of fear."
75. "The stock market is filled with individuals who know the price of everything, but the value of nothing."
-Philip Arthur Fisher.
Cut Your Losses Quotes
Losses are a part of trading, but some losses drain away all the motivation and fire to drive you closer to your dream. So here are some quotes to stop your losses and help you recover from them at the earliest.
76. "The problem is not whether a business will survive in competition with business, but whether any business will survive at all in the face of social change."
-Laurence Joseph McGinley.
77. "A company has only so much money and managerial time. Winning leaders invest where the payback is the highest. They cut their losses everywhere else."
-Jack Welch, 'Winning',2005.
78. "A good leader must have the wisdom to know when a pursuit is no longer worthy of being pursued - a time when the losses of the present must be accepted - and cut - to preserve the gains and providence of the future."
-A.J. Darkholme, 'Rise of the Morningstar', 2014.
79. "We are in the business of making mistakes. Winners make small mistakes; losers make big mistakes."
80. "Cut your losses. Cut your losses. Cut your losses. Then maybe you have a chance."
81. "We want to perceive ourselves as winners, but successful traders are always focusing on their losses."
82. "In the short run, a market is a voting machine, but in the long run, it is a weighing machine."
83. "There's no shame in losing money on a stock. Everybody does it. What is shameful is to hold on to a stock, or worse, to buy more of it when the fundamentals are deteriorating."
84. "Money is multiplied in practical value depending on the number of W's you control in your life: what you do, when you do it, where you do it, and with whom you do it."
-Timothy Ferriss,' The 4-Hour Workweek', 2007.
85. "My favorite things in life don't cost any money. It's really clear that the most precious resource we all have is time."
86. "The feelings we accept and enjoy rarely interfere with trading."
87. "The big money is not in the buying or the selling, but in the waiting."
Best Trading Psychology Quotes
A psychology trading quote is considered to be the best trading advice or motivation. Luckily, this part of the article includes a variety of different trading quotes that imbibe the philosophy of trading psychology.
88. "Seek advice on risk from the wealthy who still take risks, not friends who dare nothing more than a football bet."
–J. Paul Getty.
89. "Don't look for the needle in the haystack. Just buy the haystack!"
-John Bogle,' The Little Book of Common Sense Investing: The Only Way to Guarantee Your Fair Share of Stock Market Returns', 2007.
90. "Know what you own, and know why you own it."
- Peter Lynch.
91. "You make most of your money in a bear market; you just don't realize it at the time."
-Shelby Cullom Davis.
92. "Investing is the intersection of economics and psychology."
– Seth Klarman.
93. "You need to know very well when to move away, or give up the loss, and not allow the anxiety to trick you into trying again."
94. "Trade what's happening… Not what you think is gonna happen."
95. "The hard, cold reality of trading is that every trade has an uncertain outcome."
-Mark Douglas, 'Trading in the Zone: Master the Market with Confidence, Discipline, and a Winning Attitude', 2001.
96. "The game of speculation is the most uniformly fascinating game in the world. But it is not a game for the stupid, the mentally lazy, the person of inferior emotional balance, or the get-rich-quick adventurer. They will die poor."
– Jesse Livermore.
97. "The consistency you seek is in your mind, not in the markets."
– Mark Douglas.
98. "The question should not be how much I will profit on this trade! The true question is; will I be fine if I don't profit from this trade."
– Yvan Byeajee.
99. "If you don't find a way to make money while you sleep, you will work until you die."
100. "Always start at the end before you begin. Professional investors always have an exit strategy before they invest. Knowing your exit strategy is an important investment fundamental."
–Robert Kiyosaki, 'Rich Dad, Poor Dad', 1997.
101. "To avoid whipsaw losses, stop trading."
Best Paul Tudor Jones Quotes
Paul Tudor Jones is another prominent investor, and so here is a list of words of wisdom from his trading experience that will drive you closer to your dream.
102. "Don't focus on making money; focus on protecting what you have."
-Paul Tudor Jones.
103. "Trading is very competitive, and you have to be able to handle getting your butt kicked."
-Paul Tudor Jones.
104. "If I have positions going against me, I get right out; if they are going for me, I keep them."
-Paul Tudor Jones.
105. "I will keep cutting my position size down as I have losing trades. When I am trading poorly, I keep reducing my position size. That way, I will be trading my smallest position size when my trading is worst."
-Paul Tudor Jones.
106. "Don't be a hero. Don't have an ego. Always question yourself and your ability. Don't ever feel that you are very good. The second you do, you are dead."
-Paul Tudor Jones.
107. "The secret to being successful from a trading perspective is to have an indefatigable and an undying and unquenchable thirst for information and knowledge."
-Paul Tudor Jones.
108. "Don't ever average losers. Decrease your trading volume when you are trading poorly; increase your volume when you are trading well. Never trade in situations where you don't have control."
-Paul Tudor Jones.
109. "The whole world is simply nothing more than a flow chart for capital."
-Paul Tudor Jones.
110. "I am always thinking about losing money as opposed to making money."
-Paul Tudor Jones.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for Trading Quotes, then why not take a look at work family quotes or work in progress quotes.
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.