Do you feel like the world got you down?
Are you looking for ways to get through the hard times thrown at you by the world? Do you feel like giving up?
Fret not! These handpicked quotes on the tragedy of life and the best way to get back up and fight another day will definitely help you! No matter what you do, who you are, and where you live, life and the world will always be throwing curveballs at us - be it a difficult task, a problematic relationship, a broken heart, the tragedy of the death of a dear one, or something else. Whether you are feeling overwhelmed by the unknown, facing difficult circumstances, navigating life through one impossible challenge after another, always remember, as P. B. Shelley had said, "If winter comes can spring be far behind?"
These quotes on tragedy and life will definitely help you through the difficult times when you need something inspirational just to keep moving forward. Out of tragedy comes something good! So, come get energized, inspired, uplifted, and back on track with these quotes about tragedy and triumph!
We are sure our handpicked tragic quotes, tragic love quotes, life tragedy quotes, family tragedy quotes, and deep tragedy quotes will help you deal with change and get back up on your feet. If you are looking for more such similar quotes please check out our Comfort Quotes and Shakespeare Quotes on Death.
The most important part of facing a tragedy is learning to get past it. These tragic loss quotes and comedy and tragedy quotes will teach you that nothing is impossible. Here are some tragic hero quotes, quotes about tragic heroes, Shakespeare tragedy quotes, Greek tragedy quotes, and tragedy of life quotes.
1. "There is a saying in Tibetan, 'Tragedy should be utilized as a source of strength.' No matter what sort of difficulties, how painful experience is, if we lose our hope, that's our real disaster."
— Dalai Lama XIV.
2. "Like a dull actor now,
I have forgot my part, and I am out,
Even to a full disgrace."
— William Shakespeare, 'Coriolanus', 1609.
3. "A tragedy is a tragedy, and at the bottom, all tragedies are stupid. Give me a choice and I'll take A Midsummer Night's Dream over Hamlet every time. Any fool with steady hands and a working set of lungs can build up a house of cards and then blow it down, but it takes a genius to make people laugh."
— Stephen King, on 'Let Me Tell You a Story: Small Stories of a Large Family by Lachlan McKinnon', 2018.
4. "Tragedy is like strong acid – it dissolves away all but the very gold of truth."
— D. H. Lawrence, 'Letter to Louie Burrows', 1911.
5. "In this world there are two tragedies. One is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it. The last is much the worst."
— Oscar Wilde, 'Lady Windermere's Fan,' 1893.
6. "There are two tragedies in life. One is to lose your heart's desire. The other is to gain it."
— George Bernard Shaw, 'Man and Superman,' 1905.
7. "Tragedy, for me, is not a conflict between right and wrong, but between two different kinds of right."
— Peter Shaffer.
8. "Tragedy is a tool for the living to gain wisdom, not a guide by which to live."
— Robert F. Kennedy, Campaign of 1968.
9. "Tragedy and comedy are simply questions of value; a little misfit in life makes us laugh; a great one is tragedy and cause for expression of grief."
— Elbert Hubbard, 'Little Journeys To The Home Of English Authors', 1900.
10. "Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long-shot."
— Charlie Chaplin.
11. "A tragedy is a representation of an action that is whole and complete and of a certain magnitude. A whole is what has a beginning and middle and end."
— Aristotle, 'Poetics,'.
Overcoming Tragedy Quotes
When the tragedy you deal with seems too severe and unmanageable, remember there is nothing that you can not overcome if you put your mind to it. 'You can overcome,' is something we can say to someone crippled by a recent tragedy. Keeping this in mind, let's look at some 'what to do when tragedy strikes' quotes to make you feel better, even on an extremely bad day!
12. "I can be changed by what happens to me. But I refuse to be reduced by it."
— Maya Angelou, 'Letter to My Daughter', 2008.
13. "Oh, my darling Herakles! If words of mortals can be heard in the halls of Hades, then hear what I am saying now. Your father, your children and are being killed! I, who once was called 'blessed' because I was married to you! Come, Herakles, come and save us! Come to me even as a mere shadow because your very presence would be enough for these child-killing cowards!"
— Euripedes, 'Herakles'.
14. "Adversity quickens the mind, awakens the spirit and strength the soul."
― Lailah Gifty Akita, 'Pearls of Wisdom: Great Mind', 2020.
15. "If your heart is broken, make art with the pieces."
— Shane Koyczan, 'Blueprint for a Breakthrough', 2013.
16. "Do not judge me by my successes, judge me by how many times I fell down and got back up again."
— Nelson Mandela.
17. "We've got to live, no matter how many skies have fallen."
― D. H. Lawrence, 'Lady Chatterley's Lover,' 1928.
18. "Grief and resilience live together."
— Michelle Obama, 'Becoming', 2018.
19. "In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity."
— Albert Einstein, 'Interview In Cosmic Search, Vol. 1, No. 4', 1979.
20. "You are so much more than what you are going through."
― John Tew.
21. "Love Well. It makes all things possible."
― Marci D. Toler.
Tragedy And Triumph Quotes
Welcome the tragedy in your life as an opportunity to learn and grow from it. Tragedy strikes only for you to get beyond them. Let's look at these tragedy quotes that will help you achieve triumph! We also have the best quote on tragedy from Nietzsche too.
22. "What does not kill me makes me stronger."
— Friedrich Nietzsche, 'Twilight of the Idols', 1888.
23. "The human capacity for burden is like bamboo – far more flexible than you'd ever believe at first glance."
— Jodi Picoult, 'My Sister's Keeper,' 2004.
24. "Turn your wounds into wisdom."
— Oprah Winfrey, 'What I Know For Sure,' 2014.
25. "Only those who dare to fail greatly, can ever achieve greatly."
— Robert F. Kennedy, Campaign of 1968.
26. "We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope."
— Martin Luther King, Jr, Speech in Washington D.C., 1968.
27. "You must do the thing you think you cannot do."
― Eleanor Roosevelt, 'You Learn by Living: Eleven Keys for a More Fulfilling Life,' 1960.
28. "If you're going through hell, keep going."
— Anonymous*, 'Christian Science Periodical', 1943.
*Do you know where this quote originated? Please email us to let us know at [email protected]
29. "And one has to understand that braveness is not the absence of fear but rather the strength to keep on going forward despite the fear."
— Paulo Coelho.
30. "Be patient and tough; someday this pain will be useful to you."
31. "The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think."
— Horace Walpole, Letter CXLVII To Horace Mann, 1769.
32. "Every adversity, every failure, and every heartache, carries with it the seed of an equivalent or greater benefit."
— Napoleon Hill, 'Think and Grow Rich', 1937.
33. "Life is about making our own choices, our own mistakes, and fighting our own battles. We all deserve to follow our own unique path."
— Svietlana Lavrentidi.
34. "I used to think my life was a tragedy, but now I realize it's a comedy."
- Arthur Fleck, 'Joker', 2019.
35. "Heard joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Says life seems harsh and cruel. Says he feels all alone in a threatening world where what lies ahead is vague and uncertain. Doctor says, 'Treatment is simple. Great clown Pagliacci is in town tonight. Go and see him. That should pick you up.' Man bursts into tears. Says, 'But doctor...I am Pagliacci.'"
- Alan Moore, Watchmen.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for best, deep quotes on tragedy and hard times, then why not take a look at you got this quotes, or heartfelt quotes.
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.