Whether it is the metro, the tube, or the transcontinental railways, traveling by train is a peerless experience.
Quotes on train travel, railway quotes, and funny railroad sayings are not just fun to read, but they often carry deep and meaningful messages about life. After all, we all know the train metaphor for 'life is like a train,' right?
It is indeed true that life and train journeys are alike. Each of us has our own destinations, the train of life stops at particular stations, there are changes in routes, and there are accidents as well. Dr. CA Vishnu Bharath Alampali's 'Life Is Like A Journey On A Train' very beautifully portrays the concept of life being similar to a train journey with its fixed destinations, routes, and reservations. Hence, in the train metaphor, our life can be compared to a train ride that we should strive to make the most of. Quotes about railways quotes about tracks, and train ride quotes are always bound to delight train lovers. Further, there are funny train quotes like, "There's always a light at the end of the tunnel. Actually I think that's a train" and "There should be a Facebook relationship status for 'impending train wreck'" to make you giggle. But, if you want to read some profound train quotes and sayings, train love quotes, and train-related phrases, you will find some of the best ones here!
Quotes About Trains To Get You All Aboard
Here are some of the most thought-provoking railway train quotes, train of life quotes, and train phrases that can find out there.
1. “If art is to have a special train, the critic must keep some seats reserved on it.”
-Oscar Wilde, ‘The Artist As Critic: Critical Writings Of Oscar Wilde’ (1969).
2. “Trains are wonderful.... To travel by train is to see nature and human beings, towns and churches, and rivers, in fact, to see life.”
3. “Many times the wrong train took me to the right place.”
4. “Trains are beautiful. They take people to places they've never been, faster than they could ever go themselves. Everyone who works on trains knows they have personalities, they're like people. They have their own mysteries.”
-Sam Starbuck, ‘The Dead Isle’ (2009).
5. “The train is a small world moving through a larger world.”
-Elisha Cooper, ‘Train’(2013).
6. "It's not the beginning or the destination that counts. It's the ride in between...This train is alive with things that should be seen and heard. It's a living, breathing something -- you just have to want to learn its rhythm.”
-David Baldacci, 'The Christmas Train' (2002).
7. “The journey has its own lyrics
A duet of balanced motion
The rails and wheels in tune.”
-Richard L. Ratliff.
8. “I like trains. I like their rhythm, and I like the freedom of being suspended between two places, all anxieties of purpose taken care of: for this moment I know where I am going.”
- Anna Funder, ‘Stasiland: Stories from Behind the Berlin Wall.’
9. “Driving the train doesn't set its course. The real job is laying the track.”
10. “Be like a train; go in the rain, go in the sun, go in the storm, go in the dark tunnels! Be like a train; concentrate on your road and go with no hesitation!”
-Mehmet Murat Ildan.
Train Station Quotes
Here are some quotes about train stations with deep intrinsic meanings.
11. “Life is a train ride, and at the many stations along the route, people important to us debark, never to get aboard again, until by the end of the journey, we sit in a passenger car where most of the seats are empty.”
12. “Our life is a constant journey, from birth to death. The landscape changes, the people change, our needs change, but the train keeps moving. Life is the train, not the station.”
13. “The train you have been waiting all your life may not stop at your station; the best thing to survive such an emotional disaster is to give a chance to the next train which will stop at your station!”
-Mehmet Murat Ildan.
14. “As long as you know in which station and at what hour you should wait, which train to take and if necessary when and where to get off that train to take a different line, to take a different train, you shall be accepted as a smart traveller!”
-Mehmet Murat Ildan.
15. “Time goes faster the more hollow it is. Lives with no meaning go straight past you, like trains that don’t stop at your station.”
-Carlos Ruiz Zafón, ‘The Shadow of the Wind’ (2001).
16. “The trains always arrive at your station. The question is which one to take?”
-Mehmet Murat Ildan.
Train Track Quotes About Life
We have some fascinating railway track quotes here that are so profound that they'll make you think about their underlying meanings.
17. “The train is roaring toward you and the villain is twirling his moustache and you're fussing that he's tied you to the tracks with the wrong kind of rope.”
18. “If you live up against train tracks, it can make your life a living hell.”
19. “Everybody says they want to be free. Take the train off the tracks and it’s free - but it can’t go anywhere.”
20. “Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.”
21. “If your train's on the wrong track every station you come to is the wrong station.”
Quotes About Railroads
These railroad quotes here are as good as any other train quotes!
22. “Black people lived right by the railroad tracks, and the train would shake their houses at night. I would hear it as a boy, and I thought: I'm gonna make a song that sounds like that.”
23. “If women can be railroad workers in Russia, why can't they fly in space?”
24. “Wisdom cannot come by railroad or automobile or aeroplane, or be hurried up by telegraph or telephone.”
25. “A man who has never gone to school may steal from a freight car; but if he has a university education, he may steal the whole railroad.”
26. “There’s no more painful love than the love you feel when you’re in a railroad station and you exchange glances with someone whose train is headed in the other direction.”
-Yasmina Khadra, ‘Swallows Of Kabul’ (2002).
Train Quotes From Songs
If a train quotation is not enough for you, you could use some lyrical quotes from songs about trains.
27. "Will I see you tonight on a downtown train?
Every night, every night it's just the same
On a downtown train"
-'Downtown Train,' Rod Stewart (1991).
28. “Train I ride, sixteen coaches long
Train I ride, sixteen coaches long
Well, that long black train carry my baby and gone”
-'Mystery Train,' Elvis Presley (1956).
29. "Mental wounds still screaming
Driving me insane
I'm going off the rails on a crazy train"
-'Crazy Train,' Ozzy Osbourne (1980).
30. “But there's still tomorrow
Forget the sorrow
And I can be on the last train…”
-'Last Train Home,' Blink-182 (2016).
31. “Choo-choo, here comes the train
Choo-choo, here comes the train
It's rolling on the tracks, gonna get there fast, yeah”
-'The Train Song,' Blippi (2016).
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for Train Quotes then why not take a look at taxi driver quotes, or funny travel quotes?
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.