Transparency helps you to be clear about your intentions.
People can find it difficult to be transparent - that is, just opening your heart and to know that you are truthful. So, take out your diary and pen down your favorites from our collection of transparency quotes and sayings, so that you can gain the strength to be more transparent in life.
The following transparency quotes are essential building blocks of human sensibility. These transparency quotes, ranging from credibility quotes and integrity quotes for work to quotes about corruption and integrity in business quotes will give you a clear picture of the present world and enable you to think over its present state.
Being transparent is operating any human transaction in a way that is honest and open to others, be it in matters of government, business, media, or personal relationships. So, we have curated the following quotes about being transparent for you to follow a transparent path or pave your own path of transparency.
Transparency And Wisdom Quotes
We have the best quotes on transparency that will enhance your wisdom and make you more insightful.
1. "Honesty is the first chapter in the book of wisdom."
- Thomas Jefferson to Nathaniel Macon, 12 January 1819.
2. "A lack of transparency results in distrust and a deep sense of insecurity."
- Dalai Lama, The Telegraph, 13 May 2012.
3. "Transparency increases the cost of hiding the truth. More efficient interactivity exposes truths that used to be inexpensive to hide."
- Don Peppers & Marth Roger, 'Extreme Trust,' 2012.
4. "Our whole philosophy is one of transparency."
- Valerie Jarrett.
5. "Transparency is the antidote to hypocrisy."
- Britt Merrick.
6. "Secrecy was the problem; transparency the obvious cure."
- Robert J Sawyer, 'WWW: Watch,' 2010.
7. "Transparency is not a choice. The only choice is does it happen to you, or do you participate in it."
- Alex Bogusky, from a tweet dated 23/08/2017.
8. "Your transparency will lead to other people's transformation."
- Trent Shelton, School of Greatness Podcast with Lewis Howes.
9. "Transparency is not the same as looking straight through a building; it's not just a physical idea, it's also an intellectual one."
- Helmut Jahn.
10. "The best way to prove the clearness of your mind, is by showing its faults; as when a stream discovers the dirt at the bottom, it convinces us of the transparency and purity of the water."
- Alexander Pope, 'Thoughts on Various Subjects,' 1737.
11. "I believe inspiring trust with transparency and tenacity is the keystone to doing business."
- Ashwin Muthiah, tweeted by 9 July 2019.
12. "I find that when you open the door toward openness and transparency, a lot of people will follow you through."
- Kirsten Gillibrand,' Reforming the Way Washington Works', Huffpost, 20 July 2010.
13. "Take the long way. Do the hard work, consistently and with generosity and transparency. And then you won't waste time doing it over."
- Seth Godin, 'The Certain Shortcut,' Seth's Blog, 13 May 2013.
Transparency In Leadership Quotes
While our leadership integrity quotes and quotes about honesty in business will help you build on your business skills, our respect and integrity quotes and quotes about integrity in business will surely motivate you to work on your leadership qualities. So, read these quotes about work ethic and integrity.
14. "The single most important ingredient in the recipe for success is transparency because transparency builds trust."
- Denise Morrison, 'How Denise Morrison Took Processed Food Icon Campbell's On A Fresh Food Buying Spree,' Fast Company, 3rd February 2017.
15. "Transparency fosters a sense of trust and provides serious motivation."
- Billy Boughey, published on billyboughey.com, 25 July 2018.
16. "Leaders establish trust with candor, transparency and credit."
- Jack Welch, 'Winning,' 2005.
17. "The keys to brand success are self- definition, transparency, authenticity and accountability."
- Simon Mainwaring.
18. "While it is important to be aware of and sensitive to cultural differences when conducting business internationally, the principles of transparency, trust and partnership are universal."
- Dan Quayle, 'Providing Economic Opportunity,' Leader's Magazine, Volume 34, 2005.
19. "It is difficult, but not impossible to conduct strictly honest business."
- Mahatma Gandhi, 'My Non-Violence,' 1960.
20. "Transparency, honesty, kindness, good stewardship, even humor, work in businesses at all times."
- John Gerzema.
21. "If you're guided by a spirit of transparency, it forces you to operate with a spirit of ethics. Success comes from simplifying complex issues, address problems head on, be truthful and transparent."
- Rodney Davis.
22. "Americans should demand real news, more transparency and more truth."
- Henry Rollins, 'Recountdown Tour 2008 Update', Washington Post, 28 October 2008.
23. "Confidentiality and transparency are not mutually exclusive, but rather two sides of the same coin."
- Thomas de Maziere, 'SPIEGEL Interview with German Interior Minister: WikiLeaks Is Annoying, But Not a Threat, with Holger Stark and Marcel Rosenbach', 20 December 2010.
24. "Trust happens when leaders are transparent."
- Jack Welch.
25. "Leaders goal: Don't be afraid of vulnerability & transparency, (without being pitiful). People respond to authenticity."
- Brian Houston, tweeted on 9 June 2015.
26. "More than its utilitarian and technocratic transparency, it is the opaque ambivalence of its oddities that makes the city livable."
- Michel de Certeau, Pierre Mayol, 'The Practice of Everyday Life,' 1998.
Transparency In Government Quotes
These loyalty and integrity quotes should be the touchstones of every healthy government. Read these integrity and transparency quotes aloud and let them remind you of what an ideal society should stand for - authentic transparency and accountability.
27. "A basic tenet of a healthy democracy is open dialogue and transparency."
- Peter Fenn.
28. "Transparency in government leads to reduced corruption."
- Julian Assange, a former tagline of WikiLeaks.
29. "Connectivity enables transparency for better government, education and health."
- Bill Gates.
30. "Integrity, transparency and the fight against corruption have to be part of the culture. They have to be thought as fundamental values."
- Angel Gurria.
31. "Transparency and the rule of law will be the touchstones of this presidency."
- Barack Obama, 21 January 2009, the day after his Inauguration.
32. "There can be no faith in government if our highest offices are excused from scrutiny – they should be setting the example of transparency."
- Edward Snowden.
33. "Transparency is not about restoring trust in institutions. Transparency is the politics of managing mistrust."
- Ivan Krastev.
34. "I think the currency of leadership is transparency. You've got to be truthful. I don't think you should be vulnerable every day, but there are moments where you've got to share your soul and conscience with people and show them who you are, and not be afraid of it."
- Howard Schultz, SuperSoul Sunday, 2013.
35. "We need more transparency and accountability in government so that people know how their money is being spent. That means putting budgets online, putting legislation online."
- Carly Fiorina.
36. "Total transparency risks country's stability."
- Toba Beta , Betelgeuse Incident 4.
Transparency Quotes For The Honest Soul
These quotes about honesty and respect and transparent relationship quotes will make your honest soul ponder on the beauty of a transparent life. Take a look at these be transparent quotes.
37. "Honesty and transparency make you vulnerable. Be honest and transparent anyway."
- Mother Teresa.
38. "Truth never damages a cause that is just."
- Mahatma Gandhi, on Non-Violence, 1960.
39. "Speak the truth. Transparency breeds legitimacy."
- John C Maxwell.
40. "There is no beauty without truth and there is no truth without transparency."
- Carry Somers.
41. "Transparency means that my motives are easily perceived. No hidden agendas and I prove it through my actions."
- Pamela Saunders, tweeted on 12 May 2015.
42. "Transparency is the new objectivity."
- David Weinberger, 2009.
43. "Languages are increasingly becoming tools for disguising ideas and reality rather than disclosing them."
― Louis Yako, 'Bullets in Envelopes: Iraqi Academics in Exile'.
44. "Radical transparency can be painful; perhaps relationship-threatening. But it's more likely to open the door to strengthening the foundation of your relationship."
- Douglas LaBier, 'Is Radical Transparency the Key to Relationship Success?', Psychology Today, 9 August 2012.
45. "Without transparency, you don't have a relationship. You have an acquaintanceship."
- Jay Cadet, 'Why Transparency Is So Important In Your Relationship,' 9 February 2016.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for transparency quotes then why not take a look at you have my heart quotes, or transcendental quotes?
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.