A tribe is a community of people linked either by ethnicity, religion, family ties, and so on.
Tribes are not limited to people who are related to you in some way, it can be a group of people with whom you share the same beliefs and ideologies. There are tribal leadership quotes and sayings of those who have to lead a tribe.
These tribal quotes reveal a deep history of the people and community. Tribal sayings and proverbs are often filled with wisdom and an understanding far beyond the superficial. Get your soul tribe quotes and the best quotes about finding your tribe all in one place. These positive tribe quotes and quotes about your tribe remind you that you are never alone.
We also have other articles that we think you'll enjoy like our [Soul sister quotes], and [Community quotes].
Tribe Quotes - Family
Everyone should have some 'I love my tribe quotes' to fully appreciate what it means to be in a tribe. Finding your tribe quotes will keep you going while in search of your tribe if it is still unknown to you.
1. "One secret of life is that the reason life works at all is that not everyone in your tribe is nuts on the same day. Another secret is that laughter is carbonated holiness."
— Anne Lamott.
2. "Some people will hear you louder in silence. Those are your tribe - they'll get you through the tough days and give you something to laugh about on the ride."
— Nikki Rowe.
3. "The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other’s life."
– Richard Bach.
4. "Families are the compass that guides us. They are the inspiration to reach great heights and our comfort when we occasionally falter."
– Brad Henry.
5. "Being a family means you are a part of something very wonderful. It means you will love and be loved for the rest of your life."
6. "The informality of family life is a blessed condition that allows us all to become our best while looking our worst."
7. "The strength of a family, like the strength of an army, is in its loyalty to each other."
– Mario Puzo.
Tribe Quotes - Friendship
Girl tribe quotes, mom tribe quotes, and even women tribe quotes reinforce the value of friendship especially among like minds. These tribal quotes about friendship make you fonder of the people who love you. Regardless of being related to you, you're friends.
8. "A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself – and especially to feel, or not feel. Whatever you happen to be feeling at any moment is fine with them."
— Jim Morrison.
9. "A friend is someone who helps you up when you’re down, and if they can’t, they lay down beside you and listen."
— Winnie The Pooh.
10. "Real friends say bad things to your face and the good things behind your back."
– Steven Aitchison.
11. "Each friend represents a world in us, a world not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born."
– Anaïs Nin.
12. "You’ll know the people that feed your soul…because you’ll feel good after spending time with them."
13. "Female friendships that work are relationships in which women help each other belong to themselves."
14. "My definition of a friend is somebody who adores you even though they know the things you’re most ashamed of."
— Jodie Foster.
Human beings are usually a great source of motivation and inspiration. The tribal quotes from great minds listed below will inspire you as far as 'find your tribe quotes' are concerned. These inspirational quotes about finding your tribe from Seth Godin and Idowu Koyenikan will inspire you to search for where you truly belong.
15. "We are the sum of all people we have ever met; you change the tribe and the tribe changes you."
— Dirk Wittenborn.
16. "And it turns out that tribes, not money, not factories, that can change our world, that can change politics, that can align large numbers of people. Not because you force them to do something against their will. But because they wanted to connect."
— Seth Godin.
17. "Surround yourself only with people who are going to take you higher."
— Oprah Winfrey.
18. "Dark is not the opposite of light. It is just the absence of light; Similarly, a problem is the absence of an idea. Not the absence of a solution."
— Jivika Kanwar.
19. "Great leaders don’t water down their message in order to make the tribe a bit bigger. Instead, they realize that a motivated, connected tribe in the midst of a movement is far more powerful than a larger group could ever be."
— Seth Godin.
20. "I am one of the last of a small tribe of troubadours, who still believe that life is a beautiful and exciting journey with a purpose and grace which are well worth singing about."
— Yip Harburg.
21. "What are man and woman if not members of two very different and warring tribes, yet decade after decade, century after century, they attempt in marriage to reconcile and forge a union. Why I don't know. Biological imperative divine law or just a desire to connect to that mysterious other In any case, it's always struck me as a hopeful thing."
— Andrew Schneider.
22. "It was very important thousands of years ago to categorize things. I can eat that plant, I can't eat that plant, Or this tribe, not that tribe. We don't have to do that anymore - we have processed food now!"
— Keegan-Michael Key.
23. "In better times the religion of the tribe or state has nothing in common with the private and foreign superstitions or magical rites that savage terror may dictate to the individual."
— William Robertson Smith.
24. "Walt Disney told his crew to ‘build the castle first’ when constructing Disney World, knowing that vision would continue to serve as motivation throughout the project. Oftentimes when people fail to achieve what they want in life, it’s because their vision isn’t strong enough."
– Gail Blanke.
25. "Surround yourself with people who make you higher for life, touch your heart, and nourish your soul."
*Do you know where this quote originated? Please email us to let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for Tribe Quotes then why not take a look at [Family first quotes], or [Seth Godin quotes].
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.