A tulip is a kind of flower that blooms during spring.
Since a tulip is one of the first flowers to blossom during the spring season, it often symbolizes rebirth. In the Victorian era, tulips were closely related to charity.
The shapes of Tulips are what earned them their name initially. The name came from the term "delband," in Persian, implying turban. Tulips are considered to be one of the most beautiful flowers because of their variety of colors. They are often given as romantic gifts as a denotation of beauty.
The genus Tulipa comprises around 100 species in Eurasia, which spans from Austria and Italy to Japan. Out of them, the eastern Mediterranean and the southeastern regions of the Soviet Union is home to two-thirds of the flower. Of all the garden flowers, tulips are among the most common.
The Viennese ambassador to Turkey, Augier Ghislain de Busbecq, who captured some plants in Edirne, Turkey, in 1551, subsequently delivered some seeds to Austria, and brought tulips to the Western world. Tulip bulbs arriving from Constantinople (now Istanbul) to Antwerp in 1562 marked the beginning of Europe's tulip production field. In the Netherlands in 1633–37, a wild uproar over tulips is now remembered as the Tulip Mania.
Tulips are special due to their graceful form and bold colors, and most species are almost completely symmetrical too. Two to three dense, bluish-green leaves that are gathered at the foundation of the plant are formed by the tulip. The bell-shaped blossoms, normally single, have three petals and three sepals. With several seeds, the fruit is a capsule. Only their scaly bulbs can be used to grow most garden tulips.
From innocent white to all shades of yellow and red and brown and darkest purple to almost black, tulip flowers occur in a wide variety of colors except true blue. Based on the bloom cycle of the plants, flower form, and plant height, there are several separate category structures. Early styles of single-flowered and double-flowered tulips appear in the spring. Mendels and Darwins are tulip styles that bloom during mid-season. Darwins, breeders, lily-flowered, double-late, cottages, and parrot styles are among them.
The following tulips quotes include tulip flower quotes, tulip quotes, and poems. You can also find blooming quotes, blossoming quotes, sayings about flowers, flower blossom quotes, blooming flower quotes, and inspiring quotes with flowers. When it comes to pleasing the simple desires of our heart, indulge in some love and flowers quotes and flower lover quotes. Are you a florist? Then you will love the floral quotes, florist quotes, spring flower quotes, and spring flowers quotes. Read these cute flowers quotes to know more quotes about flowers and life, and quotes about smelling flowers.
Tulip Love Quotes
Love is what keeps the world going. This love-ly list also contains various beautiful flowers' quotes, yellow flowers quotes, flower quotes about friendship, quotes about flowers and friends, and a tulips' quote that will definitely make your heart flutter. Find some of the most beautiful quotes in this list.
1. “If I had a single flower for every time I think about you, I could walk forever in my garden.”
- Claudia Adrienne Grandi.
2. "If a purple tulip could talk she would say something calm, cool and wise, without the flash of a soothing balm ."
- Amelia Brown, 'A Poem of Encouragement'.
3. "Your soul is attracted to people the same way flowers are attracted to the sun, surround yourself only with those who want to see you grow."
4. "In a flowerpot of love lives a beautiful tulip plant, and then was the passer by with words to attract it; for, it was just like a passing glance and the sense of love, and they were both attracted to each other."
- Edward Kofi Louis.
5. "Let us be grateful for the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossoms ."
- Marcel Proust.
6. "Like tulip-beds of different shape and dyes, bending beneath the invisible west-wind's sighs."
Thomas Moore, Lalla Rookh (1817), 'The Veiled Prophet of Khorassan'.
7. "Tulips were a tray of jewels."
- E.M. Forster, 'Howards End,' 1910.
8. "And in the end, love tastes like Tulips having rain tea in a colored cup."
- Fathima Shamla.
9. “He thought of the grammar of Gaelic, in which you did not say you were in love with someone, but that you “had love toward” her, as if it were a physical thing you could present and hold—a bundle of tulips, a golden ring, a parcel of tenderness.”
- Jodi Picoult, 'Mercy'.
10. "All my tulips are white. She liked them red. I stained them with my blood and she came running for hug. Every Tulip that blossomed since became hungry for my red. One day I ran out of my blood the next one that came flowered in white. That's the end of us."
- Kalyan Reddy.
11. "Love is the flower you’ve got to let grow.”
- John Lennon.
12. "I want to preserve your love in a field of Tulips safely living in it."
- Fathima Shamla.
13. “She loved him the way one loves an old bridge or a wool sweater or the sound of a growing tulip.”
- Joseph Fink, 'Welcome to Night Vale'.
14. “A flower cannot blossom without sunshine, and man cannot live without love.”
- Max .
15. “Contempt for flowers is an offense against God. The lovelier the flower, the greater the offense in despising it. The tulip is the loveliest of all flowers. So whoever despised the tulip offends God immeasurably.”
- Alexandre Dumas.
16. “Life is the flower for which love is the honey.”
- Victor Hugo.
17. "I must have flowers, always and always."
- Claude Monet.
18. “Love is like a beautiful flower which I may not touch, but whose fragrance makes the garden a place of delight just the same.”
- Helen Keller.
19. "Sweet scents red tulips, red tulips bring such happiness. Our hearts are full of pleasure."
- Natasa Tocuc.
20. "There are always flowers for those who want to see them."
– Henri Matisse, 'The Colour of Love'.
21."Always it's spring and everyone's in love and flowers pick themselves."
- E.E. Cummings.
22. "Mama was my greatest teacher, a teacher of compassion, love, and fearlessness. If love is sweet as a flower, then my mother is that sweet flower of love."
- Stevie Wonder.
Tulip Inspirational Quotes
Inspiration can be sourced from the tiniest things around us. What better to inspire us than another living creature which blooms with its head held high? So keep reading to get some inspiration out of these tulip quotes you're bound to like.
23. "A tulip doesn’t strive to impress anyone. It doesn’t struggle to be different than a rose. It doesn’t have to. It is different. And there’s room in the garden for every flower."
- Marianne Williamson.
24. "If we could see the miracle of a single flower, clearly our whole life would change."
25. “Like wildflowers; You must allow yourself to grow in all the places people thought you never would.”
26. "Flowers are a proud assertion that a ray of beauty outvalues all the utilities of the world."
– Ralph Waldo Emerson.
27. "I think of the poetry of René Char and all he must have seen and suffered that has brought him to speak only of sedgy rivers, of daffodils and tulips whose roots they water, even to the free-flowing river that laves the rootlets of those sweet-scented flowers that people the milky way."
- William Carlos Williams, 'To a Dog Injured in the Street'.
28. "Flowers always make people better, happier, and more helpful; they are sunshine, food, and medicine to the soul."
– Luther Burbank.
29. “Don’t wait for someone to bring you flowers. Plant your own garden and decorate your own soul.”
- Veronica A. Shofstall.
30. "Flowers heal me. Tulips make me happy. I keep myself surrounded by them as soon as they start coming to the island from Canada, and after that when they come from the fields in La Connor, not far from where I live."
- Rebecca Wells.
31. "The flower that follows the sun does so even on cloudy days."
– Robert Leighton.
32. "A flower does not think of competing with the flower next to it. It just blooms.”
- Zen Shin.
33. "Flowers don’t worry about how they’re going to bloom. They just open up and turn toward the light and that makes them beautiful."
– Jim Carrey.
34. "You believe In God, for your part? ay? that He who makes, can make good things from ill things, best from worst, As men plant tulips upon dunghills when they wish them finest.
- Elizabeth Barrett Browning, 'Aurora Leigh' (1856), Book II.
35. "Don’t let the tall weeds cast a shadow on the beautiful flowers in your garden."
- Steve Maraboli.
36. “The Japanese say, if the flower is to be beautiful, it must be cultivated.”
- Lester Cole.
37. "The oppressed martyrs of our culture have shed blood that nourishes the red tulips of our nation."
- Mahmud Tarzi, 'An Afghan Intellect' by Yama Atta & Hashmat Haidari.
38. “To plant a garden is to believe in tomorrow.”
39. "Guarded within the old red wall's embrace, Marshalled like soldiers in gay company, The tulips stand arrayed. Here infantry wheels out into the sunlight."
- Amy Lowell, 'A Tulip Garden'.
40. “Every flower must grow through dirt.
- Laurie Jean Sennott.
41. "You can cut all the flowers but you cannot keep spring from coming."
- Pablo Neruda.
42. "Every flower is a soul blossoming in nature."
- Gerard De Nerval.
43. "Life isn't a tiptoe through the tulips."
- Shannon Hoon.
44. "Flowers... are a proud assertion that a ray of beauty outvalues all the utilities of the world."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson.
45. "To me, flowers are happiness."
- Stefano Gabbana.
46. Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light.
- Theodore Roethke.
47. "A flower blossoms for its own joy."
- Oscar Wilde.
48. “A world of grief and pain, flowers bloom—even then.”
- Kobayashi Issa.
49. "It's spring fever. That is what the name of it is. And when you've got it, you want to — oh, you don't quite know what it is you do want, but it just fairly makes your heart ache, you want it so!"
- Mark Twain.
Tulip And Flower Friendship Quotes
Friends are an integral part of our lives. Sometimes it is important that we take out some time to tell our friends how many they matter. This list of tulip quotes will help you do just that.
50. “Love is flower-like; Friendship is like a sheltering tree.”
- Samuel Taylor Coleridge.
51. "Friends are like flowers. They fill the world with beauty."
- Celeste Barnard.
52. "Flowers are restful to look at. They have neither emotions nor conflicts."
- Sigmund Freud.
53. “We don’t ask a flower any special reason for its existence. We just look at it and are able to accept it as being something different from ourselves."
- Gwendolyn Brooks.
54. "The fragrance of flowers spreads only in the direction of the wind. But the goodness of a person spreads in all directions."
55. “A little flower that blooms in May, a lovely sunset at the end of a day, someone helping a stranger along the way. That's heaven to me”
- Sam Cooke, 'That's Heaven To Me'.
56. "In joy or sadness, flowers are our constant friends."
- Okakura Kakuzo.
57. "What sunshine is to flowers, smiles are to humanity. These are but trifles, to be sure; but scattered along life's pathway, the good they do is inconceivable."
- Joseph Addison.
58. "The earth laughs in flowers."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson.
59. "Let us live like flowers - wild and beautiful and drenched in the sun."
- Ellen Everett.
60. "Almost every person, from childhood, has been touched by the untamed beauty of wildflowers."
- Lady Bird Johnson.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for Tulip Quotes then why not take a look at sunflower quotes, or wildflower quotes.
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.