Turning 30 brings with it a maelstrom of mixed feelings and emotions.
The age of 30 is weird; neither do you belong to the young and carefree group of the 20-year-old's and nor are you officially old. However, a 30th birthday is special and significant in that it brings with it more responsibilities and duties for your life ahead.
While reaching 30 is no big deal for some, others might find it quite overwhelming thinking that they're never going to get any younger! The sentiments are different for each of us. But whatever we might feel, birthday quotes for 30 and funny turning 30 messages are something that we can all cherish. If 30th birthday jokes leave us in splits, motivational quotes for a 30th birthday help us face the approaching mid-life crisis with a big smile! So, here are some amazing quotes, wishes, and messages to celebrate the 30th birthday.
Happy 30th Birthday Quotes
These quotes are great if you're racking your brain trying to think of something to say who's turning 30. If you're looking for inspirational quotes about turning 30, here are some classic turning 30 years old quotes for anyone hitting the 30 mark (including yourself!).
1. "Everything I know I learned after I was thirty."
2. "It is well for the world that in most of us, by the age of thirty, the character has set like plaster, and will never soften again."
3. "Time and tide wait for no man, but time always stands still for a woman of thirty."
4. "Everyone is the sum total of past experiences. A character doesn't just spring to life at age thirty."
5. "At twenty a man is a peacock, at thirty a lion, at forty a camel, at fifty a serpent, at sixty a dog, at seventy an ape, at eighty a nothing at all."
6. "I'm turning 30 years old this year ... it's better than 20, I'll tell you that. The lessons I've learned."
7. "Thirty was so strange for me. I've really had to come to terms with the fact that I am now a walking and talking adult."
-C. S. Lewis.
8. "At twenty years of age, the will reigns; at thirty, the wit; and at forty, the judgment."
9. "Oh, there's no time to worry about turning thirty
When you're twenty-nine and holding
The world on your shoulders."
10. "Most adults look forward to their thirtieth birthday. They're far beyond a 'just starting' twenty-one, but certainly not entering the middle age of forty."
-Colin S. Smith, 'Unlocking the Bible Story Old Testament Vol 2'.
11. "One's 30th birthday and one's 60th are days that press their message home with iron hand."
12. "The body is at its best between the ages of thirty and thirty-five."
13. "The excess of our youth are checks written against our age, and they are payable with interest 30 years later."
-Charles Caleb Colton.
14. "Miranda in Miranda's sight is old, gray and dirty; Twenty-nine she was last night; This morning she is thirty."
– Ogden Nash.
15. "The only time you really live fully is from thirty to sixty. The young are slaves to dreams; the old servants of regrets. Only the middle-aged have all their five senses in the keeping of their wits."
– Hervey Allen.
16. "I just had my 30th birthday and we went turkey shooting. It's what I wanted to do, so we went."
17. "If you haven't turned rebel by twenty you've got no heart; if you haven't turned establishment by thirty you've got no brains!"
18. "At 30 you finally start to catch up to those dreams you've been chasing for the last 10 plus years."
19. "At my 30th birthday party, one of my best friends gave a toast and said I'd been waiting for that day since I was 13. Everyone laughed, but he was right! Life continues to get more fun, more surprising, more delightful."
20. "A man thirty years old, I said to myself, should have his field of life all ploughed, and his planting well done; for after that it is summer time."
21. "After 30, a body has a mind of its own."
- Bette Midler.
22. "Middle age is when your age starts to show around your middle."
- Bob Hope.
23. "You can be gorgeous at thirty, charming at forty, and irresistible for the rest of your life."
Funny Quotes About Turning 30
In case you're looking for an amusing 30th birthday quote, we've compiled a list of funny 30th birthday quotes that any 30 something will find hilarious! You'll definitely find a quote that you like within this list of funny turning 30 quotes!
24. "Thirty – the promise of a decade of loneliness, a thinning list of single men to know, a thinning briefcase of enthusiasm, thinning hair."
-F. Scott Fitzgerald.
25. "When you turn thirty, a whole new thing happens: you see yourself acting like your parents."
26. "One of the great things about turning 30 is figuring out how to dress comfortably and still look good."
27. "I am turning thirty this year. And you know the saying a woman over thirty is more likely to get hit by a bomb than find a man."
28. "A woman over 30 will never wake you in the middle of the night to ask, "What are you thinking?". She doesn't care what you think."
– Andy Rooney.
29. "I was thirty-two when I started cooking. Up until then, I just ate."
Inspirational Quotes For Those Turning 30
Turning 30 is an eventful occasion in anyone's life and what better way to celebrate than to take notice of the words of these masters of the trade. Here's a list of inspirational quotes that you might like to use as funny 30th birthday sayings.
30. "Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
- Soren Kierkegaard.
31. "Life is too important to be taken seriously."
- Oscar Wilde.
32. "In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."
- Abraham Lincoln.
33. "Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."
- George Bernard Shaw.
34. "Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."
- Sarah Louise Delany.
35. "It's not so much what we have in this life that matters. It's what we do with what we have."
- Fred Rogers.
Happy 30th Birthday Slogans And Captions
Quotes about turning 30 are a dime a dozen, however, what better than a simple birthday message for 30th birthdays? If you think that a quote on turning 30 is too mainstream, then you might like these captions and sayings for turning 30 that could also double up as funny 30th birthday wishes.
36. "When you turn 21 you finally experience the freedom of full throttle. If you make it to 30, it means you've discovered there's a brake pedal too."
37. "Turning 30? Look on the bright side. You're still too young to be president."
38. "Thirties, it's all fun and games until someone finds a stray gray."
39. "Welcome to 30, when you're old enough to know better, but still young enough not to care."
40. "Congratulations, you now have 30 excuses to let someone younger than you lift something heavy."
*Do you know where this quote originated? Please email us to let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you like our suggestions for 40 Turning 30 Quotes then why not take a look at youth quotes, or you only live once quotes.
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.