Turning 40 is a milestone for every human out there.
Even though most people want to avoid turning forty, it's not as bad as it seems. With our list of quotes for your 40th birthday, we are going to show you just that.
The age of 40 is like a gateway to old age. Everyone wants to avoid turning forty for we all fear the limitations of old age. Just like Helen Rowland said, turning forty brings with it fallen arches, rheumatism, faulty eyesight, and the tendency to tell a story to the same person three or four times. But that's not all; the age of forty brings with it a lot more that we cannot appreciate until we're older. With these turning 40 sayings, 40th birthday jokes, famous quotes for 40-year-olds- we're going to make every woman and man turning 40 feel better.
If you are interested in looking for birthday wishes at 40, quotes for a 40th birthday, happy 40th birthday wishes, 40th birthday messages, funny wishes for 40th birthday, and meaningful 40th birthday messages you could check out our list. Concurrently, if you like this article where we list quotes about turning 40, you should take a look at these similar articles turning 30 quotes and turning 50 quotes.
Funny Turning 40 Quotes
Who says old people cannot be funny? Honestly, the older you get, the more you appreciate the humor. These funny quotes about turning 40 we found will make sure you have a hearty laugh no matter your age. You could also use them as catchlines for jokes about turning 40. Wishes on 40th birthday might be scary but these funny 40th birthday wishes sure are not, we've even included funny 40th birthday sayings for a woman.
1. "Forty isn't old if you're a tree."
2. "I'm not forty, I'm 18 with 22 years of experience."
3. "Life begins at 40 - but so does fallen arches, rheumatism, faulty eyesight, and the tendency to tell a story to the same person, three or four times."
4. "The best part of being forty is we did most of our stupid stuff before the internet."
5. "Be wise with speed; a fool at forty is a fool indeed."
- Edward Young.
6. "Women deserve to have more than twelve years between the ages of twenty-eight and forty."
- James Thurber.
7. "What most people consider as virtue, after the age of 40 is simply a loss of energy."
8. "Forty years old - the halfway point between diapers and depends."
9. "You know you're turning forty when light from your birthday cake candles significantly contributes to global warming."
- Linda Klemanski.
10. "At 40, your idea of weight lifting is standing up."
Famous Quotes About Turning 40
Believe it or not, famous people age like us too. They also have the same fears and doubts before they cross the river of turning 40 and begin another chapter of their lives. It really does not matter how famous you are, age always catches up with you. But unlike what you think, it's not really a bad thing after all. If you are not convinced, don't listen to us but read these celebrity quotes about turning forty to make yourself feel better.
11. "Life begins at forty."
- W.B Pitkin, from the eponymously titled 1932 book.
12. "Life really does begin at forty. Up until then, you are just doing research."
- Carl G. Jung (1961).
13. "The first forty years of life give us the text: the next thirty supply the commentary"
- Arthur Schopenhauer.
14. "At twenty years of age, the will reigns; at thirty the wit; at forty the judgement."
- Benjamin Franklin.
15. "At age 20, we worry about what others think of us. At 40, we don't care what they think of us. At 60, we discover they haven't been thinking of us at all."
- Ann Landers.
16. "If life really begins on your 40th birthday, it's because that's when women finally get it... the guts to take back their lives."
- Laura Randolph.
17. "I hated turning 40; the whole idea of it stank. But once I got through it, I was fine."
- Cindy Crawford.
18. "I definitely feel more comfortable in my own skin since turning 40."
- Kate Moss.
19. "When I turned 40, I was like, huh. I accept myself more now. It was much more comforting."
- Jennnifer Lopez.
20. "Every time I get stressed out or anxious, I say to myself, Just live and love. Feel love. I think that’s what I took away from my turning-40 meltdown. I have been operating out of fear, and I just don’t want to do it anymore."
- Amy Adams, Vogue Interview (2014).
21. "Forty is the old age of youth, fifty is the youth of old age."
- Victor Hugo.
22. "We don't understand life any better at forty than at twenty, but we know it and we accept it."
- Jules Renard.
23. "It really feels fantastic actually. I mean I have to say, I was gearing up to it. I was getting ready for it and I feel like I've earned these 40 stripes. I made it."
- Kate Winslet, 'The Ellen DeGeneres Show' (2015).
24. "Age is a matter of feeling, not of years."
- George William Curtis.
25. "When I passed forty I dropped pretense, 'cause men like women who got some sense."
- Maya Angelou, 'The Complete Poetry' (2015).
Fun 40th Birthday Quotes
If you are still skeptical about your upcoming 40th birthday, let us end your worries with these funny 40th birthday sayings. It might not be much, but we do hope you get to spend a very joyous 40th birthday and cross this milestone with a smile on your face.
26. "One of the many things nobody ever tells you about middle age is that it’s such a nice change from being young."
- William Feather, 'Quarantine Memories Notebook With Unique Touch' (2020).
27. "So you're turning forty? That's no reason to lose your feathers! Look on the bright side: Birthdays are good for you. Statistics show that people who have the most live the longest!"
- Larry Lorenzoni.
28. "You are only young once, but you can be immature for a lifetime."
- John Grier.
29. "You're not forty, you're thirty-ten"
30. "The first forty years of childhood are always the hardest."
31. "To be seventy years young is sometimes far more cheerful and hopeful than to be forty years old."
- Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr, on the seventieth birthday of Julia Ward Howe (27 May 1899).
32. "I'm so immature and still feel so young. Forty doesn't feel any different than thirty did."
- Nick Lachey.
*Do you know where this quote originated? Please email us to let us know at [email protected]
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for turning 40 quotes then why not take a look at old quotes, or you only live once quotes?
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.