If you're looking to wish someone a Happy 50th Birthday, you've come to the right spot!
Birthdays are special and since they come once a year, it's important to celebrate them once they do. A great way to tell someone you cherish them is by planning a surprise birthday party or making them a cute card.
If someone in your life is going to turn 50 soon, you should think about sending them a nice card. Sending someone a nice card tells them that you're thinking of them and depicts how much they mean to you. Making a thoughtful birthday card even more special, you should add in funny quotes or sayings about turning 50. We'll make sure that turning 50 quotes will make you smile from ear to ear.
Turning 50 can be a big deal since you are closer to your retirement. But a new dawn arrives. A birthday can be a good time to self introspect for many, which is why we've compiled a list of quotes about turning 50, especially for those who are nearing age 50. This list doesn't have 50 quotes, but it will definitely make you feel 50 different things with all the quotes it does have. Turning 50 quotes are a great way to turn a new leaf at age 50.
This article is great for people who are looking for quotes or saying to write on a card for someone who's turning 50 years old. This comprehensive list covers 50th birthday quotes, 50th birthday sayings, turning 50 jokes, funny happy 50th birthday wishes, and funny 50th birthday slogans, and turning 50 quotes. There are several things you can say to someone who's about to turn 50 years old, such as 'Congratulations on hitting such a big milestone!', or 'We're so happy you've been in our lives for this long', or even 'You've just hit age 50! You have so much to explore'. You can accompany a gift with the card, or make the card so fabulous that it becomes a gift in itself! One of our favorites in this list is a quote by Joan Rivers where she says "Looking fifty is great - if you're turning sixty!". Here is a list of quotes that are perfect for someone who's about to turn 50.
Funny Quotes About Turning 50
There's nothing like sending someone funny 50th birthday sayings to wish them a happy birthday. If you're looking for fun 50th birthday sayings or quotes for a 50th birthday that are downright hilarious, you're in for a treat! Here are the most hilarious turning 50 quotes.
1. "There's nothing stressful about turning 50 except people reminding you about it."
- Muhammad Ali.
2. "Turning 50.. is like flying: hours of boredom punctuated by moments of sheer terror."
- Erica Jong, 'Fear of Fifty', 1994.
3. "After a man is 50, you can fool him by saying he is smart, but you can't fool him by saying he's pretty."
- E.W. House.
4. "Turning 50 means it's only a matter of time before you're regaling your grandkids with the details of your first colonoscopy".
- Greg Tamblyn.
5. "I'm aiming by the time I'm 50 to stop being an adolescent."
- Wendy Cope.
6. "Forty is the old age of youth. 50 is the youth of the old age."
- Victor Hugo.
7. "After 50, once ceases to digest. As someone once said, "I just ferment my food now."
- Henry Green, 'Surviving: The Uncollected Writings of Henry Green,' 1992.
8. "For my 50th birthday, my husband and I spent a weekend in Rehoboth Beach. My first choice was 1978, but the time machine was booked."
- Jean Sorenson.
9. "Celebrating 50 is like throwing a party when your odometer reaches 150,000 miles."
- Melanie White.
10. "At 21 you're finally free to slam down the throttle and see how fast you can go. At 30 you realize, hey, this thing has a brake pedal too. By 40, that brake pedal is showing some serious wear. At 50, let's face it, you need a brake job."
- Greg Tamblyn.
11. "The years between 50 and 70 are the hardest. You are always being asked to do things, and yet you are not decrepit enough to turn them down."
- T.S. Eliot, 'The Calloused Hand,' Time, 23 October 1950.
12. "There's nothing different about this birthday than any other one. Really, people? Are we still in that space? Did anyone ever go over this with George Clooney or Brad Pitt before their 50th birthdays?"
- Julia Roberts, InStyle December Cover.
13. "When I was young, people used to say to me: Wait until you're 50, you'll see. Well, I'm 50. I haven't seen anything!"
- Eric Satie.
14. "Maybe it's true that life begins at 50. But everything else starts to wear out, fall out, or spread out."
- Phyllis Diller.
Birthday Quotes For Those Turning 50
Here are some amazing quotes for birthday cards for people turning 50! You can put these quotes on a card, or in a fun presentation filled with 50th birthday messages. Some of these are a tad silly, so they're perfect for people who are looking for '50th birthday funny quotes', 'happy birthday 50th wishes', or '50th birthday funny wishes'. Here's a list of birthday quotes for 50th birthday celebrations.
15. "I have enjoyed greatly the second blooming… suddenly you find – at the age of 50, say – that a whole new life has opened before you."
- Agatha Christie.
16. "Age is not important unless you're cheese."
- Helen Hayes.
17. "You only live once. But if you do it right, once is enough."
- Mae West.
18. "I don't believe in aging. I believe in forever altering one's aspect to the sun."
- Virginia Woolf, 'A Writer's Diary', 1953.
19. "At 50, everyone has the face he deserves."
- George Orwell.
20. "Looking fifty is great - if you're turning sixty."
- Joan Rivers.
21. "I enjoy speaking to other women about turning 50, and how we can enjoy it, and how we can explore it. "
- Victoria Principal.
22. "May you live to be hundred and may the last voice you hear be mine."
- Frank Sinatra.
23. "The heyday of woman's life is the shady side of 5o."
- Elizabeth Cady Stanton.
24. "By the time we hit 50, we have learned our hardest lessons. We have found out that only a few things are really important. We have learned to take life seriously, but never ourselves."
- Marie Dressler.
Quotes About The Golden Years
The golden years are defined as a period of time after retirement when a person shifts into a new period of their life. Many people think that turning 50 means that your life is over when in reality only the first part has ended! Here are some quotes about the golden years that talk about the beauty of life in the golden years.
25. "It takes a long time to become young."
- Pablo Picasso.
26. "Don't let age control your life. Let your life control your age."
-Anthony Douglas Williams.
27. "When you start being enthusiastic about whatever it is you like, that is the golden age for you."
- Michael Winterbottom.
28. "There is a whole new kind of life ahead, full of experiences just waiting to happen. Some call it 'retirement.' I call it 'bliss'. "
- Betty Sullivan.
29. "I feel great that I've been given a chance in the golden years of my life. To me, it's the last battle, and I've been given a chance to get stuck in some good armament, some good power, and there's a chance that now I can finish off my working years with my head held high."
- Eric Burdon.
Motivational Quotes On Beginning New
Here are some motivational quotes for someone who's about to turn 50 or someone who wants to start a new facet in their life. Turning 50 quotes can sometimes be extremely poignant and heartfelt. These motivational quotes are great for people on the hunt for wishes for 50th birthday, 50th birthday quotes, and turning 50 quotes. It's time we started celebrating turning 50 instead of being scared.
30. "One must not die daily, but every day we must be born again."
-Dorothy L. Sayers, 'Strong Meat', 'Letters to a Diminished Church', 1940.
31. "Aging is not 'lost youth', but a new stage of opportunity and strength."
32. "Believe that life is worth living, and your belief will help create the fact."
- William James, 'Is Life Worth Living?', Speech to the Young Men's Christian Association of Harvard University, May 1895.
33. "If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door."
- Milton Berle
34. "It's never too late, or in my case too early, to be whoever you want to be. There's no time limit. Start whenever you want. You can change or stay the same. There are no rules to this thing."
- Eric Roth, 'The Curious Case of Benjamin Button', 2008.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for 30+ Turning 50 Quotes, then why not take a look at old age quotes, or you only live once quotes.
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.