Twi'leks, depicted in the movie franchise 'Star Wars', are a species of tall human-like creatures known for their colourful skin inhabiting the planet of Ryloth.
The 1983 'Star Wars' film introduced the Twi'leks for the first time. Since then, their culture and roots were thoroughly explored in the first season of the 'Star Wars: The Clone Wars' animated series.
The Star Wars movies introduced some of the most magnificent and complex characters ever written in cinematic history. Twi'leks were one such character and they have piqued the interest of many movie buffs. One such mystery about the Twi'leks revolves around their names. These names have two components: their personal name and their clan name. A whole Twi'lek name is a sign of belonging. Breaking the names apart with apostrophes signifies the distance of that person and their people. Here is a list of names for Twi'leks that you can use to name your own fictional characters.
Twi'lek Names For Girls
The women of Twi'lek species were great fighters. In fact, Aayla Secura, a Twi'lek female, was a Jedi Master who served as a Jedi General of the Grand Army of the Republic during the Clone Wars. They were courageous yet exhumed a delicate aura of femininity, beauty and grace. Here are a few Twi'lek girls' names you can choose.
1. Aayla means "mist" or "smoke" in the Twi'leki language. It is a regular name given to Twi'lek females.
2. Alema, a unique name, means "protector" in the Twi'leki language.
3. Ann in the Twi'leki language means "moon". A name, usually given to a beautiful female
4. Aola means "flower" in the Twi'leki language.
5. Ayy in the Twi'leki language means "star"
6. Daesha means “queen" in the Twi'leki language.
7. Dia a standard name given to Twi'lek females, and means "ice" within the Twi'leki language.
8. Gida means "female warrior" in the Twi'leki language.
9. Hirani name means "very beautiful" in the Twi'leki language
10. Jiljoo a standard name given to Twi'lek females, and means "gem" within the Twi'leki language.
11. Koyi is a female Twi'leki name that means "snake"
12. Mala referred to the mythical figure Mala, who was the mother of Nolaa.
13. Nabrina, a beautiful name, means "beast of burden" within the Twi'leki language.
14. Nima means "gift" in the Twi'leki language.
15. Numa means "sister" in the Twi'leki language.
16. Oola, a popular name, means "water" in the Twi'leki language.
17. Pampy means "jewel" in the Twi'leki language. Usually, a name reserved for royalty.
18. Poy means "wing" in the Twi'leki language.
19. Seela, one of the common clan names given to Twi'lek females, and means "Twi'lek dancer" in the Twi'leki language.
Popular Names For Twi'lek Boys
Here are some boys' Twi lek names you can choose for your own characters.
20. Anoon, a beautiful name, means "commander" or "warrior chief" in the Twi'lek language.
21. Boc means "stalagmite" or "rock column" in the Twi'lek language.
22. Bril, a popular name, refers to "wind" in the Twi'lek language.
23. Byt refers to a "hammer that would be used as a weapon".
24. Cazne means a "fortress" or "castle" in the Twi'lek language of Star Wars.
25. Chee, a popular name, refers to "war" or "warrior". It is a common name for the Twi'leks.
26. Chom is a famous Twi'lek name. It means a "drum".
27. Cotan refers to a "tower" in the Twi'lek language.
28. Darap, in the Twi'lek language, means "stone".
29. Dinek refers to a "male ruler" or "king". A name usually reserved for royalty.
30. Elav, in the Twi'lek language, refers to "scholar".
31. Firith, in the Twi'lek language, means "defender".
32. Glie means "axe" in the Twi'lek language.
33. Haly refers to a "visitor". This name is usually given to a traveller.
Gender Neutral Names For Twi'lek Characters
Here are a few unisex names you can choose as well.
34. Ivaadi, a unisex name that refers to an "orchid".
35. Ovasu is a gender-neutral Twi’lek name that means "emptiness".
36. Rol, a popular name, refers to the "sun".
37. Siolo, means "poet" and is a gender-neutral name.
Twi'lek Names From The Movies
Twi’leks are revered and well known for their beauty, all thanks to the colour of their skin and lithe slender figures. Twi’leks are known to live for an average of 80 years and are compatible with the human species. Here are a few well known members of the Twi'lek clans including the Twi'lek Jedi.
38. Inun, was a blind young mythological character who crossed the light side of Ryloth.
39. Kaasha Bateen was a female Rutian Twi'lek. She contributed highly in the Free Ryloth movement.
40. Lunae Minx was a beautiful purple Twi'lek.
41. Nowk Asil was a famous female Twi'lek racer.
42. Ryloth Jedi was a great warrior and a Twi lek Jedi.
43. Tae Boon was a famous male commander for the Twi'Lek.
Kidadl has lots of great names articles to inspire you. If you liked our suggestions for Twi'lek Names then why not take a look at Eladrin Names, or for something different take a look at Unusual Middle Names.
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.