Giants were also known to be enemies of the gods because of their strength and size.
Fire giants had very dark skins just like coal and their hair was either red or orange with flaming red eyes.
Fire giants were known as Ildjotunen in Norse. They were mostly master craftsmen that lived in mountainous and volcanic regions. They were very brave and wore armor made from dragon scales or steel. Just like other giants, a fire giant can see and hear things from distance farther than the average human. Some fire giants are susceptible to cold. Fire giants engaged in traditional sorcery, which they did by memorizing spells that will help them deal with intruders.
There are other type of giants like hill giants, frost giant, and cloud giants. Just like humans, fire giants names also include gender neutral names like Ruvar, and Mawlos, Dessog. Half giant names are also similar to the normal giants.
Fire giants would naturally attack their enemies with rocks and huge stones heated in lava or fire to weaken the enemy before they engage in close combat wielding a huge sword enchanted in fire. They lived in little family groups known as huslyder. All giants spoke Jotun but the dialect of the fire giant was Jotunild. They live in very hot places like volcanic environments, or dungeons which is why they earned the name d&d giants (dungeons and dragons giants).
Norse Fire Giant Names
Norse fire giant names are similar to other giants because they speak a similar language with only a few modifications. They are also similar to traditional Norse names. Below are a few Norse fire giant names.
1. Absal, (F) a name you can give your Norse fire giant.
2. Aekthos, (M) a name to depict a strong and battle-ready character.
3. Arisag, (U) a suitable Norse fire giant name for your Norse campaign.
4. Budkaos (F)
5. Cattius, (F) suitable for your wicked female fire giant character.
6. Delos, (F) super strong and fast female character.
7. Donrog, (M) "strong fire warrior".
8. Dozar, (M) a name suitable for a character who is always angry.
9. Drewmalog (M)
10. Figan (M)
11. Fforl, (M) one of the best names for giants
12. Ffuldr (M)
13. Fudmohr, (M) a name for a character that shows strong willingness.
14. Fugdious, (M) a big and scary character.
15. Gommoth, (M) a shunned cult leader who was being so minuscule.
16. Hauk, (M) "strong and fearless"
17. Hulbro, (M) "brave"
18. Kakos, (M) "great"
19. Nicas, (M) a big scary fire giant
20. Orgir, (M) a character name that can spice up your game.
21. Snarr, (M) "strong heart"
22. Sucroch, (M) "fire spirit"
23. Surt, (M) the guardian of the Muspelheim, Old Norse Múspell.
24. Tawkaros (M)
25. Wecog (M)
26. Zedhor, (M) a name for your bold character.
Female Fire Giant Names
There aren't only male giants, female giants also existed. The strengths of the male giants and female giants are similar. Below are some female giant character names.
27. Bluwasg, one of the most popular names from mythology.
28. Crakaros, a name suitable for an untamed character.
29. Delkaos, a name for a beautiful character.
30. Dikaros, a fire giant character who is a villain.
31. Estelle, a cool name for a female fire giant character.
32. Emba, a name given to a character from a royal family.
33. Famous, a name you can give your character to make it more human.
34. Ffaelane, a fearless fire giant.
35. Fobar, a character name for a strong-hearted fire giant.
36. Ghenjra, an agile fire giant character
37. Goxag, one of the most common female giant names.
39. Grovir, a name for a character that is bold and fierce.
40. Hefbrog, a suitable name for a character who fights fiercely.
41. Hulda, suitable character name for a rogue fire giant.
43. Lukue, suitable name for a character with a passion for violence.
44. Marra, a name for a cool and calm character.
45. Mengant, wild character.
46. Nathan, a name for a tenacious character.
47. Rimir, suitable for a warrior.
48. Secmalog, suitable for a true fighter.
49. Sector, suitable for a leader of a clan.
50. Vrolka, a name for a character who is reserved.
Male Fire Giant Names
Male fire giants are often aggressive and always battle hungry. Below are some male names for your characters.
53. Arasar, suitable for a sword master.
54. Awor, a wild character.
55. Athens, a name given to a character that you want to represent the gods.
56. Blogorr, a handsome warrior.
57. Cadgir, a fierce warrior.
59. Cirus, suitable for both fire giant and hill giants
60. Dozar, a name for a charming character.
62. Glemalog, a cool name for a character.
63. Gedhor, a name suitable for a fearless character.
64. Helkaros, a name for a powerful character.
65. Iztag, a suitable name for a zealous character.
66. Kreos, suitable for a character you want to name after Kratos.
67. Oas, suitable for a courageous character.
68. Runtit, suitable for an aggressive character.
69. Slozas, fearless in battle.
70. Tudor, suitable for a leader.
71. Vrelsar, popular male giant names
72. Vufum, a vicious character.
73. Vrikbor, a name for a victorious warrior
74. Vufum, a name you can give your character to indicate royalty.
76. Wowor, a perfect name for a villain.
77. Wrarym, a name suitable for a male rouge fire giant character.
78. Warion, suitable for a stern ruler.
79. Zlickaros, a suitable name for a brave character.
Funny Fire Giant Names
Even though fire giants are fierce looking, they still have some funny names that will make you laugh. We have some funny fire names that will interest you.
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.