'The Culture' is a fictional space opera novels created by the Scottish writer Iain M. Banks.
The story revolves around a civilization of an interstellar humanoid race living in a post-apocalyptic world. These are the incredibly smart race with advanced artificial intelligence living in communist territories spread over the Milky Way world.
The novel, 'The Culture' is the story of conscious creatures of the pan-human race, artificial intelligence-based machines, and few other sentients "aliens". Machine knowledge range from human-equal robots to hyper-astute Minds.
The Culture's economy is kept up by its non-conscious machines, with elevated level work dependent on the Minds' subroutines, which permits its humanoid and robot residents to enjoy their interests, sentiments, pastimes, or different exercises, without subjugation. Most of the main characters from the novel series are humanoids who decide to work for the Culture's world-class strategic, diplomatic, and espionage associations. These characters communicate with different societies whose residents do not uphold the belief systems and ethics of the Culture.
So, in case you are looking for warship names for your book, online games or so, then we have compiled a list of 'The Culture' ship names. You can also check out pirate ship names & boat names articles.
Ships In Consider Phlebas
Are you looking for names for the culture ships for your online game, books, or the likes? Well, we have the best sci-fi names for spaceships appearing in 'The Culture' series. We are hopeful that one of these names will be just perfect for your culture ships.
1. Bora Horza Gobuchul, is the perfect name for a General Systems Vehicle (GSV) inspired by the man who discovered a conspiracy on Heibohre.
2. Determinist, is the perfect name for a GSV.
3. Eschatologist, such names are perfect culture ships with the big stick.
4. Irregular Apocalyse, such starship names are suitable for destructor culture ships.
5. Nervous Energy, a perfect name for a General Contact Unit (GCU) culture ships.
6. No More Mr. Nice Guy, such funny ship names are suitable for a GSV.
7. Profit Margin, such cool spaceship names are suitable Limited Systems Vehicle (LSV).
8. Prosthetic Conscience, such as SpaceX drone ship names is suitable for GCU.
9. Revisionist, such as Iain M. Banks ship names are suitable for Rapid Offensive Unit (ROU).
10. The Ends Of Invention, such names are suitable for an ex-Culture GSV culture ship.
11. Trade Surplus, such culture series ship names are suitable for ROU.
Ships In The Player of Games
When select the funny sci-fi ship names always make sure you include the features of ships like killing time, speed, and sheer implausibility into consideration. We hope that one of these names will suit your requirements.
12. Cargo Cult, a perfect Culture GSV name.
13. Flexible Demeanour
14. Gunboat Diplomat, a perfect name for Limited Offensive Unit (LOU).
15. Just Read The Instructions, well you will have to read the instructions to ride a GCU.
16. Kiss To The Curb, a perfect name for your Superlifter Culture ship.
17. Limiting Factor, a perfect name for your General Offensive Unit (GOU).
18. Little Rascal, a perfect name for your Culture GSV.
19. Of Course I Still Love You, a perfect name for your GCU.
20. Prime Mover, a perfect name for your Superlifter that was used in the early stages of the Idiran–Culture War.
21. Screw Loose, the perfect name for your Clipper Culture ship.
22. So Much For Subtlety
23. Unfortunate Conflict Of Evidence
24. Youthful Indiscretion
25. Zealot, a perfect name for your dROU sleeper service culture ship.
Ships In The State of the Art
Just like every other sci-fi books, 'The Culture' book series is also known for their state of the art culture GSV ships, which are designed keeping in mind their sleeper services, big stick, and sheer implausibility. So, check out some cool names for the state of the art culture ships.
27. Arbitrary, a perfect name for your Desert Class GCU.
28. Arrested Development
29. A Series Of Unlikely Explanations, a perfect name for your Desert Class GSV.
30. A Ship With A View
31. Bad for Business, a perfect name for your Steppe Class GSV.
32. Boo!, a perfect name for your Plains Class GCU.
33. Cantankerous, a perfect name for your GCU.
34. Credibility Problem
35. Dramatic Exit
36. Excuses And Accusations
37. Funny, It Worked Last Time..., a perfect name for your dROU.
38. God Told Me To Do It
39. Halation Effect
40. Happy Idiot Talk
41. Helpless In The Face Of Your Beauty
43. It'll Be Over By Christmas, a perfect name for your Scree Class LCU.
44. I Thought He Was With You, a perfect name for your Offensive units.
45. Just Another Victim Of The Ambient Morality
46. Minority Report
47. Never Talk To Strangers, a perfect name for your Murderer Class GOU.
48. Not Wanted On Voyage
49. Only Slightly Bent, a perfect name for your demilitarized General Offensive Units ((d)GOUs).
51. Sacrificial Victim
52. Space Monster, a perfect name for your GCU.
53. Stranger Here Myself
54. Synchronize Your Dogmas
55. Thank You And Goodnight
56. The Precise Nature Of The Catastrophe
57. Ultimate Ship The Second, a perfect name for your GSV.
58. Undesirable Alien
59. Unwitting Accomplice
60. Well I Was In The Neighborhood
61. You'll Thank Me Later
62. You Would If You Really Loved Me
Ships In Excession
If you are looking for ship names from the fifth novel from the series 'The Culture', then we have a list of names, which are suitable for outer space adventures. Check out these cool ship names ideal for your intergalactic universe.
63. Anticipation Of A New Lover's Arrival, a perfect name for your Plate class GSV.
64. Attitude Adjuster, a perfect name for your Killer class LOU.
65. Death And Gravity, a perfect name for your GSV.
66. Different Tan, a perfect name for your Mountain class GCU.
67. Ethics Gradient, a perfect name for your Range class GSV.
68. Fate Amenable To Change, a perfect name for your River class GCU.
69. Frank Exchange Of Views, a perfect name for your Psychopath class dROU.
70. Grey Area
71. Highpoint, a perfect name for your ulterior dROU.
72. Honest Mistake, a perfect name for your GSV.
73. It's Character Forming
74. Jaundiced Outlook, a perfect name for your Ridge class GCU.
75. Killing Time, a perfect name for your Torturer class ROU.
76. Limivourous, a perfect name for your Ocean class GSV.
77. Misophist, a perfect name for your LSV.
78. No Fixed Abode, a perfect name for your Sabbaticaler class GSV or ex-Equator class.
79. Not Invented Here, a perfect name for your Desert class MSV.
80. Problem Child, a perfect name for your Troubadour class GCU.
81. Quietly Confident, a perfect name for your Plate class GSV.
82. Reasonable Excuse, a perfect name for your GCU.
83. Recent Convert
84. Serious Callers Only, a perfect name for your Tundra class LSV.
85. Shoot Them Later, a perfect name for your eccentric and ulterior dROU.
86. Sleeper Service, a perfect name for your Plate class GSV.
87. Steely Glint, a perfect name for your Plains class GCV.
88. Tactical Grace, a perfect name for your Escarpment class GCU.
89. Unacceptable Behaviour, a perfect name for your GCU.
90. Uninvited Guest, a perfect name for your GSV.
91. Use Psychology
92. What Is The Answer And Why?, a perfect name for your Trench Class MSV.
93. Wisdom Like Silence, a perfect name for your Continent class GSV.
94. Yawning Angel, a perfect name for your Range class GSV.
95. Zero Gravitas
Ships In Look to Windward
Below we have mentioned names of culture ships from the sixth published novel to feature of 'The Culture'. We hope that one of these is suitable for your sci-fi fiction world.
96. Experiencing A Significant Gravitas Shortfall, a perfect name for your Ocean Class GSV.
97. Grey Area, a perfect name for your dROU.
98. Lasting Damage System Class GSV.
99. Lasting Damage I Plate Class GSV.
100. Lasting Damage II Equator Class GSV.
101. Nuisance Value, a perfect name for your ROU.
102. Piety, a perfect name for your Chelgrian temple ship.
103. Resistance Is Character-Forming, a perfect name for your VFP.
104. Sanctioned Parts List, a perfect name for your GSV.
105. Soulhaven, a perfect name for your Chelgrian temple ship.
106. Vulgarian, a perfect name for your Superlifter.
107. Winter Storm, a perfect name for your Chelgrian GSV.
Ships In Matter
From the seventh novel in the series. We have some cool names that will ideal for your leaders who are on their intergalactic adventures.
108. Congenital Optimist (GSV), a perfect name for your dROU.
109. Just Testing, a perfect name for your GCU.
110. Size Isn't Everything, a perfect name for your GSV.
111. Sweet and Full of Grace, a perfect name for your Air Class LSV.
112. Very Little Gravitas Indeed, a perfect name for your GCU.
113. What Are The Civilian Applications?, a perfect name for your Tundra Class LSV.
114. Xenophobe, a perfect name for your dROU.
Ships In Surface Detail
If you need names for your spacecraft from the Surface Detail series of the novel by Iain Banks' then we just have the perfect list for you. All names on this list are according to the types and classes of spacecraft that appeared in the series.
115. Abundance Of Onslaught, a perfect name for your dROU.
116. Armchair Traveller
117. Beastly To The Animals, a perfect name for your ROU.
118. Bodhisattva, OAQS
119. Dressed Up To Party, a perfect name for your GSV.
120. Falling Outside the Normal Moral Constraints
121. Fixed Grin, a perfect name for your LSVs.
122. Fractious Person
123. Hidden Income, a perfect name for your Troubadour Class GCUs.
125. Labtebricolephile, a perfect name for your Scree Class Limited Contact Units (LCUs).
126. Me, I'm Counting
127. Messenger Of Truth, a perfect name for your Offensive Units (OUs).
128. No One Knows What The Dead Think
129. Pelagian, a perfect name for your Murderer Class GOUs.
130. Rubric Of Ruin
131. Scar Glamour, a perfect name for your Delinquent Class GOUs.
132. Sense Amid Madness, Wit Amidst Folly
133. The Usual But Etymologically Unsatisfactory, a perfect name for your Abominator Class GOUs.
134. Total Internal Reflection
135. Vision Of Hope Surpassed, a perfect name for your Killer class LOUs.
Ships In The Hydrogen Sonata
'The Hydrogen Sonata' is the final book in the novel series 'The Culture'. The story takes place some 10000 years before the events of the first book. The story marks the end days for the Gzilt civilization. The story consists of wonderful spacecraft, which are powerful and unique. So, check out these names for your universe.
136. Abalule-Sheliz, a perfect name for your Psychopath Class ROUs.
137. Anything Legal Considered
138. Beats Working, a perfect name for your Inquisitor Class (prototype) ROUs.
140. Churkun, a perfect name for your Thug Class LOUs.
141. Displacement Activity
142. Empiricist, a perfect name for your Hooligan Class LOUs.
143. Exaltation-Parsimony III
144. Fulanya-Guang, a perfect name for your Convertcraft.
146. Gellemtyan-Asool-Anafawaya, a perfect name for your Absconded ships.
148. Iberre, a perfect name for your dROU
149. Just The Washing Instruction Chip In Life's Rich Tapestry
150. Kakistocrat, a perfect name for your Delta Class Superlifters.
152. Learned Response, a perfect name for your Fast Pickets (FPs).
153. Melancholia Enshrines All Triumph
154. Mistake Not…, a perfect name for your Very Fast Pickets (VFPs).
155. New Toy
156. Oceanic Dissonance, a perfect name for your Troublemaker Class LOUs.
157. Outstanding Contribution To The Historical Process
158. Passing By And Thought I'd Drop-In, a perfect name for your Torturer Class ROUs.
159. Pressure Drop
159. Questionable Ethics, a perfect name for your Delinquent Class GOUs.
161. Rapid Random Response Unit, a perfect name for your Troubadour Class GCU.
162. Refreshingly Unconcerned
163. Smile Tolerantly, a perfect name for your dROU
164. Teething Problems
165. Uagren, a perfect name for your General Contact Vehicles (GCVs).
166. Unreliable Witness
167. Value Judgement, a perfect name for your Medium Systems Vehicles (MSVs).
168. Warm, Considering
169. Xenocrat, a perfect name for your Continent Class GSV.
170. You Call This Clean?
171. Zoologist, a perfect name for your sleeper service culture ship GSV.
Kidadl has lots of great baby name articles to inspire you. If you liked our article about 'The Culture' ship names then why not take a look at something different like celestial names or space names.
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.